Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage (18110 Views)

Kaduna Assembly Passes Bill On Master Plan Into Law / Senate Passes 46 Bills In 10mins / Enugu Assembly Passes Bill Banning Okada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by BrosG: 2:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
Why do we just hate gays ?
They are still humans.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by pomporiking: 2:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
But why don't you make oil theft and embezzling public funds a criminal offense with a minimun of 10yrs in prison undecided undecided

Like this is the most important thing nigerians want.Awon oloriburuku

7 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
Pope Xander VII: Laughable! The low IQ animals strike again. Does Nigeria not have priorities? ! It is obvious that majority have an IQ less than 70. Get it right Africa! Homosexuals are not the problem.

de have priorities, and this is one
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
Bros G: Why do we just hate gays ?
They are still humans.

What a moronic argument.

Why do we just hate paedophiles?

They are just still humans.

Does that sound like a sensible statement to you?

Because people are humans does not mean you cannot strongly disapprove of their acts if it is offensive.

Stop vomiting the moronic arguments the West used to brainwash your daft simpleton brain. Come up with statements that are sensible and reasonable and you might just get some respect.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Beync(f): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
hu$tler:

ARE YOU GAY??...
are you still asking? I wanted to hand him a handkerchief so he can wipe his tears. He's so disappointed he can't flaunt his gay bottom in the public. Nansense people

4 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
pompori king: But why don't you make oil theft and embezzling public funds a criminal offense with a minimun of 10yrs in prison undecided undecided

Like this is the most important thing nigerians want.Awon oloriburuku

You are a person!

You have checked Nigerian statute law and you found that theft of all forms and embezzling are not criminal offenses?

Cretin!
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
Sagamite:

Stop vomiting the moronic arguments the West used to brainwash your daft simpleton brain. Come up with statements that are sensible and reasonable and you might just get some respect.

Its good you said this.

Now tell me jor, what religion do you follow?
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Akalia(m): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
[b][/b][color=#006600][/color][/i]
Sagamite:

What a moronic argument.

[i]Why do we just hate paedophiles?

They are just still humans.

Does that sound like a sensible statement to you?

Because people are humans does not mean you cannot strongly disapprove of their acts if it is offensive.

Well said
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

Its good you said this.

Now tell me jor, what religion do you follow?

Why do you want to know?
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by kcsider: 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
mink505:

gbam!!
we need to stop conflating culture with law. law should be there to PROTECT. In fact, the reason why gays have rights in western countries is because the law promotes human rights for ALL. whether you are gay or straight, child or adult, or tall or short or deaf or dumb or blind, muslim or christian. the law will protect you in America (at least 95% better than a country like Nigeria) as long as you do not harm or steal from others.
that is the big difference between Nigeria and western countries.

Nigeria has no human rights. child marriage, homophobia, corruption, r.ape, police brutality, violence, religious animosity is endemic. Nigeria is a failed country. Most Nigerians are ignorant masses easily herded like goats.

typical Nigerian mentality. Yet you fools will jump at a chance to leave Nigeria and go abroad to USA or UK. hahaha
hypocrites.

Go and die! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
Sagamite:

Why do you want to know?

I want to see whether you are a hypocrite or not.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by RoyaleR(m): 2:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
No one is stopping homosexuals from cohabitation... Homosexuals are neither interested in marriage solemnization...
So what is the constitution fighting against? undecided
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by grandstar(m): 2:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
slimthugchimee: i might not be hausa but i dont like.......besides samesex is western culture
Same sex is not western culture. Oscar Wilde was jailed in the u.k for homosexuality in the olden days.Gays fought & won these rights

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Chrisabig(m): 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
[quote author=Chigorkizz]They ar comming-i mean the gays..luk at how they're condeming the law because it doesn't go with their way.
I can see them ranting and crying.
Let d truth be told for once,hw can you be having sexual feelings for ur fellow man?[/quote

Na wah oo, my bro make you follow me ask them oo
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
mink505:
gbam!!
we need to stop conflating culture with law. law should be there to PROTECT. In fact, the reason why gays have rights in western countries is because the law promotes human rights for ALL. whether you are gay or straight, child or adult, or tall or short or deaf or dumb or blind, muslim or christian. the law will protect you in America (at least 95% better than a country like Nigeria) as long as you do not harm or steal from others.
that is the big difference between Nigeria and western countries.

Nigeria has no human rights. child marriage, homophobia, corruption, r.ape, police brutality, violence, religious animosity is endemic. Nigeria is a failed country. Most Nigerians are ignorant masses easily herded like goats.

typical Nigerian mentality. Yet you fools will jump at a chance to leave Nigeria and go abroad to USA or UK. hahaha
hypocrites.

You are a person!

So how come America bans polygamy?

Does someone wishing to marry multiple people harm anybody or is stealing from them, poof?

How come Obama is not fighting for the "human rights" of the Muslims? It is all about illogical popularism?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
Pope Xander VII: Laughable! The low IQ animals strike again. Does Nigeria not have priorities? ! It is obvious that majority have an IQ less than 70. Get it right Africa! Homosexuals are not the problem.
so what's the problem #mushroom!
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by cuteboy2: 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
prymesolution: The Senate yesterday unanimously passed a harmonized Conference Committee report banning same sex marriage in Nigeria, a development that defies stiff western opposition to the ban.

Again, the Senate President, David Mark called on President Goodluck Jonathan to quickly sign the Bill into law.

"We have been under series of attack from different quarters. I think we believe in this Bill. The earlier we sign it into law, the better. We (Nigeria) have have many shortcomings, we don't one to add this one (same sex marriage) to it," said David Mark.

In detail the Bill passed by the Senate states that:

A marriage contract or civil union entered into between persons of same sex by virtue a certificate issued by a foreign country shall be void in Nigeria.

Marriage or civil union entered into between persons of same sex shall not be solemnized in any place of worship either Church or Mosque or any other place whatsoever called in Nigeria.

Only marriage contracted between a man and a woman either under Islamic Law, Customary Law or the Marriage Act is recognized as valid in Nigeria.

Persons that entered into a same sex marriage or civil union contract commit an offense and are jointly liable on conviction to a term of 14 years imprisonment each.

Any persons or group of persons that administers, witnesses, screens, abet and aids the solemnization of a same sex marriage contract or civil union or supports the registration, operation of gay clubs, societies and organizations, processions or meetings in Nigeria commits an offense and liable on conviction to a term of 10 years imprisonment.

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/nigerian-senate-bans-same-sex-marriage.html

PIB - Petroleum Industry Bill that would have revolutionised the oil & gas industry is there gathering dust for years, they wont pass it.
The bunch of mofos fixing fat salaries for themselves are busy passing bills that does not add anything to our development indices.

Children are being given away in marriage, abused, abandoned, denied education and basic healthcare, yet our Nero senators are busy fiddling having a ball.
Mtchewwwww.

For record, i dont believe in gay marriages or liaison. But i dont think this issue is among our top 200 problem.
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Akalia(m): 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
Buhahahaha,All the lezbos and gays on nairaland ain't saying nothing about this. Senate should also xtend this law to been caught in d act of homosexuality and not just gay marriage. Damn, this perverts disgust me!!!
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

I want to see whether you are a hypocrite or not.

So without knowing my religion, you cannot prove I am a hypocrite and you will not have a point?

Then shut the fck up!
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by lilmax(m): 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
Great news.....
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by osenimaruf: 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
Thank god for that, before they tune nigeria to registers evil country#101
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by kandiikane(m): 2:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

where you alive before abraham's time

Anyways mostly muslims do it. stop labelling it as Hausa culture! angry

bethrothal is not marriage. The actual marriage was done at a much later age. (around 17-20 yrs) That is different.

Stop talking out of your azz. Children were engaged as young as 5. No I was not alive but my ancestor was. You see, if you left that your hole in your village your mind will open up to things you never knew about.

Is hindu and muslim the same thing?

Even in ancient egypt child marriages took place. I don't know where you got 17-20 from. Is that the time women in your village start menstruating?
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
Sagamite:

So without knowing my religion, you cannot prove I am a hypocrite and you will not have a point?

Then shut the fck up!

EXACTLY!

you said stop going by these western thoughts and being brainwashed by the west.

I want to know your religion. I want to see if you are brainwashed by the west too.

Are you giving advice here without following it yourself

YOU Fvck off if you dont have an answer!

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by kandiikane(m): 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
Sagamite:

Then shut the fck up!

You've lost weight but you forgot your boobs.
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
kandiikane:

Stop talking out of your azz. Children were engaged as young as 5. No I was not alive but my ancestor was. You see, if you left that your hole in your village your mind will open up to things you never knew about.

Is hindu and muslim the same thing?

Even in ancient egypt child marriages took place. I don't know where you got 17-20 from. Is that the time women in your village start menstruating?

ENGAGEMENT IS NOT MARRIAGE! wtf?!

stop blabbing bullshyt insults and come to point.

ARE HAUSAS ANCIENT EGYPTIANS?

WHY BLAME IT ON HAUSA? WE USED TO HAVE WOMEN QUEENS , RULERS AND MERCHANT WOMEN IN THE PAST!

stop blaming it on Hausa. this child marriage was clearly brought over by islam to Hausaland.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2014

Waiting for the Pope to comment on this.
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by RoyaleR(m): 2:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
We could pass of as rummies or flatmates for as long as 50 years or all our lives... This legislators are the bomb!grin

OR JUST ARREST ALL SAME SEX ROOMATES... Thats a good starttongue

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by kandiikane(m): 2:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

ENGAGEMENT IS NOT MARRIAGE! wtf?!

stop blabbing bullshyt insults and come to point.

ARE HAUSAS ANCIENT EGYPTIANS?

WHY BLAME IT ON HAUSA? WE USED TO HAVE WOMEN QUEENS , RULERS AND MERCHANT WOMEN IN THE PAST!

stop blaming it on Hausa. this child marriage was clearly brought over by islam to Hausaland.

Are you ok? Those idols you have been worshipping are messing up your brain. So, if someone is engaged what is the end result? Is it not marriage? You get engaged at 5 and have your wedding right have you start menstruating. undecided
You must be high on goat milk if you did not see the point.

Your people were practicing sexual abuse way before islam came along.

If not for christianity, almost all africans will be having sex with children. Many non-muslims still do it.
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Adamskuty(m): 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
Well,since they say "majority carries the vote" and 95percent of nigeria condemns this same sex marriage,then it's ok by me ..

Samething with phedophiles..

So y'all f@ggots in here should stfu,the majority has spoken.

Even in an election,the candidate with majority votes will be declared winner,same with everything so why must f@ggots own be different,huh?
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
Oh Thank God
Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 2:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

EXACTLY!

you said stop going by these western thoughts and being brainwashed by the west.

I want to know your religion. I want to see if you are brainwashed by the west too.

Are you giving advice here without following it yourself

YOU Fvck off if you dont have an answer!

You are a person!

I have a brain too advanced for brainwashing.

I set rules, I don't follow them.

I am a God, many of you are mere humans.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage by kandiikane(m): 2:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
Adamskuty: Well,since they say "majority carries the vote" and 95percent of nigeria condemns this same sex marriage,then it's ok by me ..

Samething with phedophiles..

So y'all f@ggots in here should stfu,the majority has spoken.

Even in an election,the candidate with majority votes will be declared winner,same with everything so why must f@ggots own be different,huh?

I heard many politicians engage in homosexual acts. This is all a ruse to cover up their sins since they don't want eyes on them. If it was a genuine bill, it would have been for underage marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boko Haram Plans To Attack FCT, Imo, Katsina, Others - Army / Just In: Abayomi Ayeola Lagos Reps Member Is Dead / Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.