Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,492 members, 7,836,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? (11105 Views)

Things A Guy Shouldn't Do In A Lady's Presence / How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by efelestus(m): 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2008
i know girls too well. a lot of men will share my opinion. is all about the money. stop faking. it has been practically proven.
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by onyinye2(f): 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2008
i aint faking. you could have all the money in the world and still not be in a happy marriage. Real women know the importance of being financially stable, but they also know that money sure aint everything. You can't buy love.
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by efelestus(m): 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2008
i love your sense of humour, but i must tell you that they are a mirage. wish they were real. now tell me, do you have a boyfriend. if you do, how much are yoou willing to sacrifice for him. if i pay you £2 million to dump him, tell me you wouldn't. £2million is too much sef. £5000, and i say leave him today today! and i give you the money cash and carry.
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by Abuseay(m): 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2008
its alll about d money , kudiiiiiiiiiii, no lie
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by esilove(m): 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2008
U READY FOR MARRIAGE WHEN U HAVE ENOUGH TO CATA FOR THE FAMILY. EVEN IF U ARE NOT ALL THAT RICH BUT U CAN PROVIDE
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by onyinye2(f): 4:57pm On Aug 02, 2008
efelestus:

i love your sense of humour, but i must tell you that they are a mirage. wish they were real. now tell me, do you have a boyfriend. if you do, how much are yoou willing to sacrifice for him. if i pay you £2 million to dump him, tell me you wouldn't. £2million is too much sef. £5000, and i say leave him today today! and i give you the money cash and carry.
You could show up to my door step with your euros and i wouldn't even except one penny. I like to work for my money. I don't like be given it.
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by linksav: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2008
I'ts better to get married to a promising man rich or not than to an already rich one because he can give you money to go shopping either in naija or in any part of the globe. He will definately know that you married him because of his money, then the after wedding palava will start setting in. Please read the this thread Don't Expect Your Partner To Improve After Marriage!.

Well, men don't want to get married because they are too scared of the kind of ladies we now have as singles. they are far too dangerous. these ladies can keep very dentrimental secrets for years, they want to dominate the Man, they compete with everything naturally given to men by our Creator while going away from the primary asignment given to them by God(Domestic responsiblities i.e making the home)

So its very difficult to predict exactly when a man should get married. But I will tell Guys never to get married when you don't have what it takes to be an husband and a Father. Financial capability is one of them, your mind must be sound, your spirit must be high, you must go before God on your knees to pray for wisdom which you will manage your wife and you children successfully.

Good Luck
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2008
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by denrele: 3:57am On Aug 03, 2008
well, i must say, when he is matured and complete in all ramifications of life and most of all when he appreciates himsself and loves himself first, that is when he is ready to marry because love is about giving and if you cannot sacrifice 100% of yourself to the person you want to marry, then you are not ready. you can get my ebook, YOUR BEST LIFE EVER!!! and 2 free e-books by mailing to me at opeabod@yahoo.com on living your best life and being a balanced person in life
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by outlaws(m): 11:30am On Aug 03, 2008
cool
He is ready for marriage when he accepts life in prison because that's what marriage is.
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by slyk2(m): 3:06pm On Aug 04, 2008
he gets married when he is just 'READY'
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by oyinsho(f): 3:21pm On Aug 04, 2008
steaming (f)
Abuja, Nigeria

Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry?
« #110 on: August 01, 2008, 09:41 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M thankful for this topic though m getting a bit confused.

My boyfriend has a great sense of responsibility. He is someone you could call a family man. The way he treats people and even children, is a wonder to me.

He is ready to get married but the thing is that the money is not there yet. He works hard though but finacially, he is not ready yet to carry on responsibilities.

I have dated him for like 3 years now but then, i wasn't ready for marriage. I was giving him time thinking that by the time i am ready atleast he would have been settled financially. Now i am ready and he still isn't.

When i say financially ready, i don't mean he should own the world, but basics and a steady job or business that he does. He should to an extent take care of the wife and the children that would come.

He would still make it tho but i musnt have to wait. There is a time to everything, that's what i believe.

RIght now, i want to work out of the relationship because honestly m getting tired of the whole thing.

Crucify me all you want but i need some honest advice. Thanx.

I understand what ure going through? but i want you to be a little patient with him and at the same time pray for him,am sure God will listen to you and perfect everything that concerns your heart desire.I hope u invite me for your wedding.Cheers Girlfriend
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by Agbalanze(m): 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2008
Marriage signifies d beginning of a woman's life n d end of d man's life.
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by topup: 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2008
Well, despite everyone saying ALL women want a ready made man,  I (at my age) would rather prefer a MAN who I can grow with, I know I'm not financially stable either, so I wouldn't demand too much (unless I'm looking into marrying a man much older than myself).

A guy is ready to marry when he's become a MAN (a lot of boys get married and so we get divorce (not saying girls don't have a part either))

A good man is honest, trustworthy, hard working, loyal (and many more, ) and what people must realise is that a man does not slip into the idea of marriage, it is usually a conscious decision, something happens,  an event such as seeing a friend of theirs getting married, or all their peers happy with kids, or pressure from family maybe a family discussion about him getting older, maybe he had a near death experience and then decided to stop living the bachelor life that he may never get to achieve his goal of settling down if he keeps messing around.

The most common reasons though is seeing friends getting married, siblings or parents putting pressure on you, with the latter being the scariest situation as you should watch out, the MAN may not be ready.

Also, once a man has reached or is reaching his career goals, holes in other areas of life begin to appear, it's like a check list, 

Money +
Car +
Apartment +
Wife  +
------------------------
Happiness in future
------------------------

Those are just my ideas though smiley
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by UNLEASHED(m): 3:51pm On Aug 05, 2008
A man is ready to marry when he got money. Simple!!!
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by pak: 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2008
Abuseay !

Abuseay !!

This is our own Abuseay !!!

Well, I can tel you are ready to maryy because you're a good guy
a realy good guy.
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by chamotex(m): 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2008
when he has sampled enough chick winks
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by dremoney(m): 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2008
laughssssssssssssssssssssssssssss,

of course when he knows how to slip his carrot in a hole, hehehe!! wink
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by dremoney(m): 4:26pm On Aug 05, 2008
Abuseay:

its alll about d money , kudiiiiiiiiiii, no lie

bros,

u yarn correct!!! notin else, love ko,love ni!!!!
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by richty: 4:52pm On Aug 05, 2008
when he can differentiate between like and love, also he is matured enough to tolerate.
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by spicy007(f): 5:04pm On Aug 05, 2008
marriage is simply an item on a man's "to-do" list.

as a matter of fact, it ranks no. 4, after
nice job,
nice ride and
a nice apartment.

end of discussion
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by EMANY01(m): 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2008
Quote from steaming
M thankful for this topic though m getting a bit confused.

My boyfriend has a great sense of responsibility. He is someone you could call a family man. The way he treats people and even children, is a wonder to me.

He is ready to get married but the thing is that the money is not there yet. He works hard though but finacially, he is not ready yet to carry on responsibilities.

I have dated him for like 3 years now but then, i wasn't ready for marriage. I was giving him time thinking that by the time i am ready atleast he would have been settled financially. Now i am ready and he still isn't.

When i say financially ready, i don't mean he should own the world, but basics and a steady job or business that he does.  He should to an extent take care of the wife and the children that would come.

He would still make it tho but i musnt have to wait. There is a time to everything, that's what i believe.

RIght now, i want to work out of the relationship because honestly m getting tired of the whole thing.

Crucify me all you want but i need some honest advice. Thanx.

I am tempted to crucify you especially as i find my self in the same positin as the guy u mentioned i remember when my girlfriend  walked  (we dated for three and a half years) it was supposedly for something i did or did not do  but i knew the underlying reason same as the one u r giving i was bitter at first then confused because i KNEW she loved me ,however u sound like u still love him and that should count for something.Try to be a little bit more patient with him as u said there's time 4 everything .Take time out to seriously pray for him with faith the prayers of one that loves u works wonders. Reassure him boost his confidience (when a guy cant get through 4 so long it sort of affects his confidience in life and sort of follows him evrywhere). If u know you r dating a guy who  loves you,is reasonable and is commited to you just think when he makes it through where he would place you.MEN  r not stupid for me you will be most tresured i wouldnt want to live with out you 4 any reason .

@ topic

when he is financially stable
when he is emotionally matures to handle the everyday complexities and challenges that marriage WILL bring,
when he is convinced to his rational self that he has met the RIGHT woman  for him (not just his emotions:they just blind you until the wedding is over)
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by ekong0514(m): 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2008
C as All Of Una Just Dei Make Noise!

How MAny Of YOu Guys And Ladies MArried?
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by Laibankz: 10:30am On Aug 07, 2008
A guy is ready to marry when he is confortable financially and he is matured enough.
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by chinemelim: 11:05am On Aug 07, 2008
when he is probably men enough to take care of his besic responsibilities, provide for his house hold, work, when he understands the woman nature and can deal with it without problems, when he knows how to hold his own, loves the woman he wants to marry, more importantly mature enough to hold a conversation without making his intended bored. (the last was just to point out something not really necessary). smiley
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by flogirl(f): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2008
when his old enough to know what marriage is all about
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by OpeLovely(f): 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2008
When he's fed up up of having sex everywhere devoid of love.

When he catches gonorrhea, syphilis, e.t.c. five times.

When girls don't want to date him so he has to make up his mind to settle for anyone.

When his friends are all married.

When he attains the height of emotional, physical, spiritual, financial and sexual maturity.
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by magentam(f): 8:07am On Aug 10, 2008
Shuooo! See question o! make I answer am,

1) Mentally prepared

2) Emotionally prepared

3) Moneycally prepared

4) Womanically prepared

5) Spiritually prepared

Once this equation balance, BROS,you are ready to marry! FULL STOP!
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by danluvmum: 8:25pm On Aug 10, 2008
When you have money to take good care of your wife and future kids, Because this life, woman no dey marry man wey no get money oo. Na OWO and OKO woman dey marry oo. So even if you have money make sure sey your dick dey work wela.

Cheers.
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 12, 2008
When dem wash put for am.
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by topup: 5:53am On Aug 13, 2008
EMANY 01:

when he is convinced to his rational self that he has met the RIGHT woman for him (not just his emotions:they just blind you until the wedding is over)

Last point I believe is very important. There may have been many great girls, but only when a man can successfully convince his conscience and mind that this is the RIGHT one, and to be honest, this woman may not be anything in comparison to the others, he may just be tired of searching, or weighed up his other options or maybe lost hope in finding love, but all he has to do is to sign the contract, much like signing for a job, in which he promises to perform and keep up a high standard (because marriage is THAT demanding).
Re: When Is A Guy Ready To Marry? by TimothyC: 3:02pm On Aug 14, 2008
@ TOPIC:
When he has right motives in his heart, especially when he needs someone to cooperate with in serving God. God is ready to bless the such.
From, TIMOTHY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Public Or Private Marriage Proposals: Which Do Ladies Prefer? / Why Ashawo No Dey Wear Pant / 10 Unbelievable Foods That Make Women Grow Bigger Breasts Easily (see 8 & 10)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.