Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,951 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches (53545 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Ownar(m): 7:55am On Dec 24, 2013
specialguest:

I asked myself the same question after I left. In all honesty I could not say much to her out of respect but @least it is expected that people of God should humble themselves so the Lord will lift them up.

An elderly woman that was present there actually reminded the pastor"s wife that our former pastor that just left is usually addressed that way so the congregation are used to saying pastor abc but madam insisted it was still wrong. I had no choice than to tender a "reserved" apology
......my sister abeg i gv u rep for u humility nd gentleness ooo keep it up nd God would uplift u

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by SANdos: 8:34am On Dec 24, 2013
@ OP and Tpia na wa o! una know unaself b4?

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia1: 8:38am On Dec 24, 2013
Ownar: ......my sister abeg i gv u rep for u humility nd gentleness ooo keep it up nd God would uplift u

This is not the first thread she has opened to pull people down .

I see no humility or gentleness in either her or her pack.

God will also uplift the ones she's slandering.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia1: 8:44am On Dec 24, 2013
tpia1:

Which tribe is the op?

Whatever she decides to call her pastor, or whatever she is told to call her pastor, is not my concern.

Her open and vapid attack on the body of Christ is.

She cannot call herself a Christian and at the same time lead wolves to attack fellow Christians. She might as well call herself an atheist or unbeliever and stop pretending.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 24, 2013
tpia@:
find another church to attend if you are annoyed.

and stop generalizing, thanks.

how old is the pastor in question? In some cultures [eg yoruba], you are expected to show respect if people are 30+ years your senior.

In any case, address people the way they want to be addressed.
address me as ur daddy, cos i am over 30! mstcheeeeew

2 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by plendil: 9:01am On Dec 24, 2013
^^ clown grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Mintayo(m): 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2013
amazing2013: Mintayo you forgot to log into your tpia@ account before you replied. Just thought you should know....
heheheh...Mint n tpia r diff person o,abeg.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by amazing2013: 2:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
True, true...the OP exudes class and decorum. Her fiance is blessed smiley
Ownar: ......my sister abeg i gv u rep for u humility nd gentleness ooo keep it up nd God would uplift u
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by lastpage: 5:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
Reference:

Maybe it was a test of your 'marraige' credentials and I'm not sure you passed. Sometimes in life things do not appear as they seem ordnarily. Learn to be broad-minded. Doesn't cost you anything. It would have been a five minute interview. Surely you can bear brief humiliation to get life long things.

Nobody needs to bear any humiliation, just to soothe the ego of some pimping Pastor!
We should stop taking advantage of younger ones just because we feel they need to be married by the church.

Pastoral Service should be to God, not for some pecuniary benefit or servitude and oppression of your fellow humans.

if you feel like calling your Pastor your Daddy, then that is a decision from your own mind, it is different when the Pastor (or through his appendages like his wife) DEMAND that you arrogate such title to him/her.

It reeks of pure arrogance and self delusion.

Lastpage!
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by grandstar(m): 6:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
Matthew 23:5-13... Galatian 6:3
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by simdam500(m): 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
Abeniboy: The OP might be right wit her action, but the truth is @op, you r not yet broken, I mean you have not started the Christian race. If you are, you wouldnt be posting this kind of things of social media to allow people that have made up their minds that they wouldnt make heaven or people the prince of this world has blinds their eyes and sealed their hearts from the truth to be making comments against the Church of God. I will suggest next tym you keep such to urself. Thank you

keep such to her self and she should keep dwelling in mediocrity
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by simdam500(m): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
tayour917i: Don't mind d wife jare..... Pride is one of those things with SOME women, what she meant actually is dat u shud be trying to call her "mummy" ...... But dats only possible when u start to "daddy" ur pastor.......... just bone her side and continue your good relationship with God through ur "Pastor abcd"
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
What I can say is that never say because of the reaction of pastors wife then you back out of the church, assuming is ur mum or ur sister will you back out? Just take it and call "daddy"
Then if pastor suppose to call Dad or not you forget that and show a sign of Respect. Lobatan---
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Collyno82(m): 2:34am On May 13, 2015
ignis:

Can you throw more light on it?
TeenDroidBible - Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. we are not to revered anyone more dan God who art in heaven like our so called pastors wants us to do. Image a 65 year man callin a 25year pastor daddy. wia lies d natural justice?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

"Insult The Prophet TB Joshua & Evoke Curses Upon Yourself" - Fan / Hope: Transformed By Anja Ringgren Loven After Being Accused Of Witchcraft / Sexuality: No Matter How You Color Them, Only One Set Would Fit (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.