Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,922 members, 7,952,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:02 PM

The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches (53805 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by vowiski(m): 10:03am On Dec 23, 2013
Only a tard! will call a Pastor "Daddy" .. C'mon, why are we the definition of Gullibility? cry
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Mintayo(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2013
lynpetra:
Huh!
Pls what do u mean by Objective? A general consensus??
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 23, 2013
Orikinla:
Thank you tpia.
1000 Likes for your reply.

What is wrong in calling your pastor Daddy?
In our African culture among Igbos and Yorubas, we often call our male elders "Papa" or "Baba" and female elders "Mama" or "Mummy".
It is for RESPECT and a blessing for humility.

Why do you make your child call you daddy.. do you not think this builds Respect and More importantly - Ownership of his expectations, actions and reverence - this role is attributed to which ever god you worship not some dufus priest with a multiple scleroid speech
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by GentleFrank(m): 10:16am On Dec 23, 2013
Good !
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by alexvatt(m): 10:20am On Dec 23, 2013
Nigerian christians look like slaves to their pastors. I even heard that oyedepo slapped his church member some year ago. All these one man churches are total fake. A situation where one man wake one day and open a business centre called church. And starting estorting money from his slaves called church members. After he has estort enough of money then he becomes so proud and powerful. That time he can afford to slap any of his slaves called church members. Now let me ask u some questions. How many people did jesus slapped? How many people did jesus shouted at?. So u can see that nigerian christians are slaves to their pastors.

2 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by CHIMSKY(m): 10:33am On Dec 23, 2013
specialguest: As I type this right now I am literally boiling with Anger. Imagine! I and my partner went to see the pastor today regarding our marriage plans and we met his absence. I decided to check the church office and behold I met his wife. The following conversation ensued between us

Me- Goodafternoon ma

Pastor's wife- Goodafternoon

Me- Ma, please is pastor around? He asked me and my fiance to see him today

Pastor's wife- which pastor?

Me- pastor abcd(i mentioned his name)

Pastor's wife- turned back stirred at me and shook her head then she said " I would have thought you were referring to someone else, how can you call my husband pastor abcd(his name) this is highly disrespectful. Bla Bla Bla Bla she went on and on about her displeasure.

Me- I am sorry ma, I summoned my fiance and we left.

Is it wrong for one to refer to his pastor as pastor abcd(his name) For christ sakes where in the bible was it written that we need to address our pastors as mummy and daddy?

By the way, the man in question would not have minded if I addressed him as pastor abcd o but his wife tongue lashed me even in his absence never to call him that again except daddy.
Next time you go,ask her.Is our husband at home?

2 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 23, 2013
Mintayo:
Pls what do u mean by Objective? A general consensus??

Not based on gullibility as a result of one's irrational emotions
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Fourwinds: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2013
calling a person who wish dat is called by God and he is a christian pastor., is it morally wrong.? well., if I were d one., d exprection on my face would have shown pissed off for telling me to call her husband daddy. NONSENSE.!!!
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Fourwinds: 10:49am On Dec 23, 2013
if u can not humble urself.,then y should u stand on d pulpit to preach.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by meforyou1(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2013
why should i call a pastor daddy, am i not well in the head?
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Burger01(m): 11:09am On Dec 23, 2013
Is it by fire by thunder I must call a pastor 'daddy'? And this is coming from the wife not even the pastor himself.

sad
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Abuse: 11:12am On Dec 23, 2013
Must you marry in the church? pls go to registry and do your traditional marriage. GOODLUCK AND OBASANJO to you and your fianceeeeeeee.

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Burger01(m): 11:16am On Dec 23, 2013
Mamacita007: Looooool maybe you looked so beautiful so she wanna protect her husband. if i were u, i will stay there & see that pastor daddy g.o. let her go & die if she wants to looool
That's it. Mummy G.O should go and die jare. How I wish the op had said that to her face. She would boilgrin

Why not Grandpa g.o?
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Burger01(m): 11:30am On Dec 23, 2013
sihom: Tpia is forever sounding as sour as she looks, someone help me understand what her problem is. I know she looks sour because I once viewed her profile picture and it made me go shocked shocked shocked and then lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. My first reaction was hell no how can anyone look that ……

Honestly speaking she looked unbelievable. I wish I saved the pp then.. Voodoo winch.
angry

5 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by amazing2013: 11:39am On Dec 23, 2013
Lol! "winch"!!! ROFL! Explains the sick twist in her soul...
Burger01:

Honestly speaking she looked unbelievable. I wish I saved the pp then.. Voodoo winch.
angry

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by specialguest(f): 11:40am On Dec 23, 2013
Orikinla:
Thank you tpia.
1000 Likes for your reply.

What is wrong in calling your pastor Daddy?
In our African culture among Igbos and Yorubas, we often call our male elders "Papa" or "Baba" and female elders "Mama" or "Mummy".
It is for RESPECT and a blessing for humility.

I am neither Yoruba nor Igbo and since the nature of respect shown to elders differ from one culture to another, in mine for instance the words 'baba meaning daddy and mama meaning mummy' are reserved for ones biological or adopted parents to a certain extent. I may wish to address someone else outside my parents as baba and mama but that is solely at my own discretion and it depends on the nature of relationship between myself and the person.
A member should be under no obligation to be made to refer to his pastor by a particular "pet name" . If he were present i would simply say Goodmorning Sir, please may i see you? but since he wasn't anywhere in sight i saw his wife and greeted her Goodmorning ma, please is pastor around?

I believe that is RESPECT not when i call him daddy in her presence just to get attention.

8 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by thehunted(m): 11:51am On Dec 23, 2013
tpia@:
find another church to attend if you are annoyed.

and stop generalizing, thanks.

how old is the pastor in question? In some cultures [eg yoruba], you are expected to show respect if people are 30+ years your senior.

In any case, address people the way they want to be addressed.

Wow. 168 likes against you. It's time u change your ways. Your brothers,Mr cork and 190 have al changed for the better. Pls do. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by fijiano202(m): 12:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ehn... THAT ARKWARD MOMENT WHEN A pastors wife would tell you to start calling her husband ''gOD''
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by gRutiE(f): 12:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
Dats y I love PASTOR CHRIS OYAKILOMEH he no get time
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
You guys are still on this issue I am here angry that a very potential and able wife material has been snatched away just like that and u guys are here arguing abt who called Daddy and who didn't call Mummy. Anyway, I give up!!! #UnfollowsTeamFulani
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by zasika(m): 1:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
specialguest:

Thsseeeeeew! Look who is talking? Stop stalking me I don't relate well with spam bots.

I wonder who allows this woman troll everywhere with her useless rants.

Market woman must you always find faults in people"s threads? Or you think you own a big fat dirty mouth that can churn out dozens of abuse per second. I don't want you pissing on my threads anymore go find your play mates else where.

I pray for the Grace not to respond to your crap anymore.
I been feel say U na christan or was I mistaken? angry
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Snoggy(m): 1:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
nickz: shocked cool you deserve an award for your first paragraph
shocked gringrin
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by specialguest(f): 1:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
DailyNews: You guys are still on this issue I am here angry that a very potential and able wife material has been snatched away just like that and u guys are here arguing abt who called Daddy and who didn't call Mummy. Anyway, I give up!!! #UnfollowsTeamFulani

Can someone please tell Daily news not to cry anymore. You can come and live with us when we get married, there"s room for an adopted "daddy" smiley. But seriously when I was single you did not toast me o na now wey another man don put ring ur eye dey chuk..
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
A lot of people are empty inside. Mix it with pride and they latch on to anything they can find to think they should be essentially worshipped by everyone else. OP you did the right thing by being an ambassador of peace and not following her to get into drama because that is what the demon controlling her wanted you to do.

God is not done working in that Pastor's wife's life. We all have our projects...

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 1:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
voltron:

Mathew 23:9 And don't address anyone here on earth as 'Father,' for only God in heaven is your spiritual Father.

MANY False prophets of the End-Times have taken up this title and their masses of gullible, blissfully ignorant minions (who are all going to hell BTW) have placed God on the pages of the Bible and all they do is worship DADDY.. spank me Daddy, o yea Daddy, You hit da Spot Daddy.. Blind F00ls grin grin grin grin grin

What she calls her pastor is not my concern. If she likes she can give her father a thorough beating for asking her to have manners.

Her issue here are the attacks she launches on other people using nl as a medium, her so-called fiance is thinking he has found a wife, we shall see! By the time she is done with his juju ingesting asss, he will wish he had proposed to his other girlfriends.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Snoggy(m): 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
tpia@:

What she calls her pastor is not my concern. If she likes she can give her father a thorough beating for asking her to have manners.

Her issue here are the attacks she launches on other people using nl as a medium, her so-called fiance is thinking he has found a wife, we shall see! By the time she is done with his juju ingesting asss, he will wish he had proposed to his other girlfriends.
Tpia@, why are you so bitter?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Witches And What They Do. / Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses / Hope: Transformed By Anja Ringgren Loven After Being Accused Of Witchcraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.