Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:24 AM

The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches (53811 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
Let us establish a few things here:

1 it is not by force to attend a particular church. If you do not like your leaders, common sense dictates you go someplace where you can respect whoever are the leaders there.

2. Address people the way they want to be addressed. If in your church your pastor is called daddy, then you are expected to go with the flow and if for any reason you do not want to, how you go about it says a lot about your character and how you were raised ie if you have home training.

3. Somebody who says she wants to marry does not go around attacking people and insulting them over her so- called marriage, something is fishy here, maybe there is more to it than meets the eye.

4. Men need to be more particular about the character of who they say they are say they are marrying, unless it does not matter to them. However, you are the one who will live with the person, unless you do not plan to, or you are birds of a feather.

5. Awon bandwagon, get a life, obviously you have none, you sound too miserable to be here.

6. Registry is available for weddings, nothing and nowhere dictates you must marry in a church you do not respect.

7. Instead of hiding behind anonymous monikers to slander people, the op should table her rubbish to the actual church she is complaining about.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Mintayo(m): 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
lynpetra:

Not based on gullibility as a result of one's irrational emotions
But is it Scriptural based?
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
cheesy cheesy grin

I can't help it but laugh at this thread. lipsrsealed
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
tpia@:

the op is controlled by demons.
how did you figure this out? You dont even know her...

4 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by fijiano202(m): 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
tpia@:

What she calls her pastor is not my concern. If she likes she can give her father a thorough beating for asking her to have manners.
Her issue here are the attacks she launches on other people using nl as a medium, her so-called fiance is thinking he has found a wife, we shall see! By the time she is done with his juju ingesting asss, he will wish he had proposed to his other girlfriends.
Shooo Aunty Tpia you never stop this ur Bad Belle dem dem,Aunty E better make u collect belle quick quick from any guy cos with aunty Attitude e go hand to meet Godfearing guy ooo

4 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
EBK2:
how did you figure this out? You dont even know her...

Is it rocket science?
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 23, 2013
tpia@:

Is it rocket science?
no, it is not, but how did you figure it out?

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Mintayo(m): 1:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
Snoggy: Tpia@, why are you so bitter?

You knw she is somehow right,NL is nt d best place for her to attack d pastors wife,or express her grudges,its nt right.
Why cnt she settle issue with her pastor n his wife and if she is nt satisfied,she shd quit d church.
I just hope d Op had gone to settle things up with d Pastor,i cnt imagine her praising God on sunday with her heart filled with bitterness agains the pastor's wife.
Again...i do not believe d Op!
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by fijiano202(m): 1:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
tpia@:
The next person who mentions my name again on this thread, may you ever remain a nonentity who needs nl for your life to have relevance.
Aunty Tpia you are going spiritual,Biko dont curse anybody
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
fijiano202: Aunty Tpia you are going spiritual,Biko dont curse anybody

LOL you don't know her. She has actually long since embraced powerless witchcraft out of pain and loneliness.
No be today. Pls pray for her.

4 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Kabidoye(m): 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
I think your Pastor's wife is way out of her league. My general overseer is widely refered to as Rev. George. Maybe u should talk to ur pastor to know his stance on the issue before his wife will melt his ministry.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by kzokul(m): 2:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
Daddy ko, popsy ni....
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by amazing2013: 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mintayo you forgot to log into your tpia@ account before you replied. Just thought you should know....
Mintayo:
You knw she is somehow right,NL is nt d best place for her to attack d pastors wife,or express her grudges,its nt right.
Why cnt she settle issue with her pastor n his wife and if she is nt satisfied,she shd quit d church.
I just hope d Op had gone to settle things up with d Pastor,i cnt imagine her praising God on sunday with her heart filled with bitterness agains the pastor's wife.
Again...i do not believe d Op!

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia1: 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
ketoprofen:

so in Yoruba culture, saying pastor abcd is not enuf?

The story is one sided, as such the op is nothing more than a slanderer who is engaging in libel.

In yoruba culture, the way you relate with others speaks volumes about the type of person you are.

If I was the only one banned on this thread ( till christmas), then I have nothing to say until we see wetin una dauda has 'da'.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Snoggy(m): 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
tpia@:
Let us establish a few things here:

1 it is not by force to attend a particular church. If you do not like your leaders, common sense dictates you go someplace where you can respect whoever are the leaders there.

2. Address people the way they want to be addressed. If in your church your pastor is called daddy, then you are expected to go with the flow and if for any reason you do not want to, how you go about it says a lot about your character and how you were raised ie if you have home training.

3. Somebody who says she wants to marry does not go around attacking people and insulting them over her so- called marriage, something is fishy here, maybe there is more to it than meets the eye.

4. Men need to be more particular about the character of who they say they are say they are marrying, unless it does not matter to them. However, you are the one who will live with the person, unless you do not plan to, or you are birds of a feather.

5. Awon bandwagon, get a life, obviously you have none, you sound too miserable to be here.

6. Registry is available for weddings, nothing and nowhere dictates you must marry in a church you do not respect.

7. Instead of hiding behind anonymous monikers to slander people, the op should table her rubbish to the actual church she is complaining about.

5 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by lezz(m): 6:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
tpia@:
find another church to attend if you are annoyed.

and stop generalizing, thanks.

how old is the pastor in question? In some cultures [eg yoruba], you are expected to show respect if people are 30+ years your senior.

In any case, address people the way they want to be addressed.
. The humility, meekness and responsibility found in early desciples and evangelist are no more. If members of a church volunteers to refer to their pastors, overseers as daddy, then it's a different matter. But if a pastor or his wife insists on being called daddy, then it's a tell tale signs of something being wrong. Being called pastor is enough respect. Daddy is even also a circular term of address to elderly people. This isn't d early church where the bible and Jesus our Lord is as strange as an properties of Jupiter. This is 2013 where a considerable part of people are familiar and born with their bibles. It should be a fellowship gathering more or less.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Alwaystrue(f): 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
@OP,
I read your opening post and while you are angry at the way your pastor's wife told you about calling her husband 'daddy', I do not think it is such a big issue that would make you so angry, even if it's in the wife's presence you call him such. I know Nigerians in some cultures see calling people 'daddy' as a sign of respect. Infact imagine entering a room that has so many elderly women and you call 'mummy', everyone will turn in your direction. That is simply a cultural thing that will not affect you in anyway. The woman has said you should accord her husband that respect. There are some 'battles' you should realise cannot be handled the way you are going about, as is this one in this case. Try to follow peace...afterall Jesus said if any forces you to go a mile with him, go twain...it is simply a matter of peace.
You should have called the pastor that name 'daddy' to his face and see what he says, he may even tell you not to call him such.

Mamacita007: Looooool maybe you looked so beautiful so she wanna protect her husband. if i were u, i will stay there & see that pastor daddy g.o. let her go & die if she wants to looool
specialguest:

cheesy great sense of humour! Hahahaha thank God tomorrow is Sunday, we will see again. I just hope she is not a nairalander o, before I will hear sermon about girls of these days grin

The reason why I even bothered to respond to this thread when I read it was what I saw above. Someone actually came here and said the 'go and die' word above about your pastor's wife and you said she has a sense of humour? Possibly you do not know you have just fully disrespected your pastor due to what you wrote about his wife (they are one). If you truly have some respect for him, you will accord his wife the same 'if it is just for peace sake'. Your true character and intent is on display.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia1: 8:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
lezz: . The humility, meekness and responsibility found in early desciples and evangelist are no more. If members of a church volunteers to refer to their pastors, overseers as daddy, then it's a different matter. But if a pastor or his wife insists on being called daddy, then it's a tell tale signs of something being wrong. Being called pastor is enough respect. Daddy is even also a circular term of address to elderly people. This isn't d early church where the bible and Jesus our Lord is as strange as an properties of Jupiter. This is 2013 where a considerable part of people are familiar and born with their bibles. It should be a fellowship gathering more or less.

The op put herself in the wrong by the way she reacted to whatever she was yapping about. Its not my concern whatever any church decides to call themselves by. Just address people the way they ask you to address them, in cases of ambiguity, eod.

I wonder what she'll do to the prospective mother in law if the lady says something she doesn't like.

People should check who they are marrying if they do not want to marry what will destroy them.

2 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by specialguest(f): 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
Dear Lord please give that bitter woman on this thread a man that can look beyond her leaking mouth and marry her so she can reduce her many frustrations that are evident by the kind of envious stuff she writes. Amen

And you Lady, watch your mouth. If you have issues with me deal with it, but stop over emphasising/obsessing about my fiance and in laws. You are nothing but a trouble shooter and an unrepentant sadist! Isn't it obvious that you are not welcomed here with the negative energy you exude?

Depart from me!

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by muut2: 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
@ op "by there fruit you shall know them" probably she could be one of those that were called but not choosing. Lack of job has made many people to take Christianity as a trade, business venture. Can a blind man lead a blind man, lest the two fall into a ditch, may God save us from wolves in sheep's clothe.
Am not condemning but an observation
It is written WE ARE ALL SINNERS even I, His grace & mercy we need.

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Princewell2012(m): 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
This is becoming rampads in todays churches, jesus said, a servant is not above his master, men of God are surpose to behave as a servant, and embibe the spirit of humulity, therefore calling them daddy and mummy is a sign of pride and arogancy.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Afroconnect: 11:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
When we give unwarranted respect and undue reverence,people get big headed...we always must remember that we are all humans,if a Pastor or his wife feels like everyone is licking their feet regardless of the bullshit-they start treating everyone like shit-and start going astray.
Even the book of apostles tells us to admonish one another when one is going astray.

We are all human and same...don't look too highly at mere mortals,you only are forcing them to manipulate and use you.for their own good-always keep them in check.

No man is perfect,its by the grace of God.

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia1: 6:05am On Dec 24, 2013
specialguest: Dear Lord please give that bitter woman on this thread a man that can look beyond her leaking mouth and marry her so she can reduce her many frustrations that are evident by the kind of envious stuff she writes. Amen

And you Lady, watch your mouth. If you have issues with me deal with it, but stop over emphasising/obsessing about my fiance and in laws. You are nothing but a trouble shooter and an unrepentant sadist! Isn't it obvious that you are not welcomed here with the negative energy you exude?

Depart from me!

See the irony.

You open threads attacking people anyhow but you still do not see yourself as a sadist, witch and troubleshooter?

So you like criticizing others but can't stand the same for yourself.

Madam, you will not abuse the priviledge of posting on nl, the fact that you weren't banned despite your uncouthness and evil intention for starting this thread, does not mean you will go scot free.

If you did not learn the basics of communication and human interaction while growing up, you will learn it here.

Thank me later.

People have dropped good advice for you on how you should curtail your rascality when relating with others, but of course its your partners in crime and fellow loudmouths you prefer to tout, we shall see!

Somebody should not mention your so called fiance and in laws, did you not remember you had those when you started a thread to insult others because you have a fiance? As you are boiling with rage every so often, aren't those the ones you will rage at given your insolent and arrogant nature.

So blame yourself for not controlling your mouth, don't blame others who are hearing what you say.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tonychristopher: 6:54am On Dec 24, 2013
tpia@:
find another church to attend if you are annoyed.

and stop generalizing, thanks.

how old is the pastor in question? In some cultures [eg yoruba], you are expected to show respect if people are 30+ years your senior.

In any case, address people the way they want to be addressed.

that's why we are in this mess...your tribe respects so much that it looks like stupidity...why should u call him daddy,is he your father ...bullllshittt
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Ownar(m): 7:52am On Dec 24, 2013
fijiano202: Am disappointed in you,i would have expected you to ask if pastor abcd has change his name to Pastor Daddy,i can call any pastor any name i like or want it may be Mr,Daddy or pastor abcd,i will never call a pastor wife mummy,i always refer to them as pastor wife but if she insulted me the way she insulted you i would honestly call her by her full name without any respect included
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia1: 7:55am On Dec 24, 2013
tonychristopher:

that's why we are in this mess...your tribe respects so much that it looks like stupidity...why should u call him daddy,is he your father ...bullllshittt

Which tribe is the op?

Whatever she decides to call her pastor, or whatever she is told to call her pastor, is not my concern.

Her open and vapid attack on the body of Christ is.

She cannot call herself a Christian and at the same time lead wolves to attack fellow Christians. She might as well call herself an atheist or unbeliever and stop pretending.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Is It True That Witches Use Trees As Their Covens? / Witches And What They Do. / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Arsenal Sacking Unai Emery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.