Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,222 members, 7,953,832 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:28 AM

The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches (53807 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 22, 2013
Tpia is forever sounding as sour as she looks, someone help me understand what her problem is. I know she looks sour because I once viewed her profile picture and it made me go shocked shocked shocked and then lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. My first reaction was hell no how can anyone look that …… but then my second reaction was stop hating she's God's creation as well. She boldly owned up to being the person in the picture when another NL member asked.

Tpia in no way did the OP insult a pastor or pastors neither did she generalize the issue, she only asked where in scripture are we told to call our pastors daddy or mummy. Why you often take off ranting and spewing trash on peoples' thread remains a mystery to me. Most people who are physically challenged in the looks department try to make up for their lack of good looks in good character BUT you on the other hand suffer a deficiency in both looks & character which is so sad and OFF PUTTING.

Tpia I am done talking so you in your usual fashion can come and rant all you want, after all I expect nothing less of you so don't disappoint all of NL on this occasion.

35 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:46am On Dec 22, 2013
op,next time add "big" to it,to Make it big daddy. Imagining a pastor's wife that ought to be a virtue of humility,displaying a sense of pride,as if a pastor is immortal.rubbish,if you can't cope with tag bearing in the church,move on.

2 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by pussyeater(m): 1:50am On Dec 22, 2013
Adeoba10: Nxt time, jux say ''Is daddy wa around?''
Or Jst say "Is pastor daddy around"? SMH
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by nickz(m): 7:08am On Dec 22, 2013
soul_glo:

Daddy who? For what? The idea of calling another man "daddy" besides the man who fathered and made the sacrifices he made for me is beyond what I can imagine. Especially when they feel they can impose it on you. I even it find disrespectful to my father.
God Bless ya soul +1000 likes....if you're not satisfied with the sir,madam I'm gonna call you, you can kiss my black asss angry angry i see it as total dis-respect,and some people see it as a right,was daddy added to your name during christening!!

2 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by specialguest(f): 7:47am On Dec 22, 2013
kulyie: abi.you can imagine.thats how some so called pastors wives will use their behaviour to chase away genuine christians from church and christianity.mshewwww.pastors wife my foot

You can say that again! I am trying so hard to get this off my mind and go to church this morning but a part of me keeps reminding of yesterday"s incident. I mean the same woman might be on the altar today( you know most Nigerian pastor"s wives are automatically pastors too) and my thoughts towards her are not pure anymore. How am I supposed to listen to her sermon?

On a brighter note her husband is a pastor of high standing. Very nice and open to all members. If only I met him yesterday instead of the wife all these would not have happened.

May God have mercy on us all.

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by almaliki: 7:48am On Dec 22, 2013
sihom: Tpia is forever sounding as sour as she looks, someone help me understand what her problem is. I know she looks sour because I once viewed her profile picture and it made me go shocked shocked shocked and then lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. My first reaction was hell no how can anyone look that …… but then my second reaction was stop hating she's God's creation as well. She boldly owned up to being the person in the picture when another NL member asked.

Tpia in no way did the OP insult a pastor or pastors neither did she generalize the issue, she only asked where in scripture are we told to call our pastors daddy or mummy. Why you often take off ranting and spewing trash on peoples' thread remains a mystery to me. Most people who are physically challenged in the looks department try to make up for their lack of good looks in good character BUT you on the other hand suffer a deficiency in both looks & character which is so sad and OFF PUTTING.

Tpia I am done talking so you in your usual fashion can come and rant all you want, after all I expect nothing less of you so don't disappoint all of NL on this occasion.

What more can I say......God bless u real gud bro........!

11 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 22, 2013
specialguest:

You can say that again! I am trying so hard to get this off my mind and go to church this morning but a part of me keeps reminding of yesterday"s incident. I mean the same woman might be on the alter today( you know most Nigerian pastor"s wives are automatically pastors too) and my thoughts towards her are not pure anymore. How am I supposed to listen to her sermon? You need to see the way she carries herself every other day, so much like queen Elizabeth.
On a brighter note her husband is a pastor of high standing. Very nice and open to all members. If only I met him yesterday instead of the wife all these would not have happened.
abeg ignore the woman joor.dont let any so called woman of god make you sin.if you go to church and you dont see man of god for whatever you want to see him for,leave,if possible just pass by pastors wife and not greet her.if on the other hand you dont feel comfortable with that,leave the church.there are numerous churches in Nigeria abeg.i hate women with lousy and self aggradizing aura .you sef get patience,i will drawww that hiss well well before i walk out.i wont even allow her to finish ranting before i walk out on her.

Kilagbe kile ju.smh

2 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by macof(m): 11:42am On Dec 22, 2013
That's just silly @Op

I noticed that's wat happens in pentecostal churches now. No matter the age, I don't know whether I'll call it pride or plain nonsense but either way it's rubbish and You should leave the church, such churches have nothing to offer
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Emmyk(m): 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
"I know she looks sour
because I once viewed her profile picture
and it made me go shockedshockedshocked and then
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed "

You dont mean it! shockedshocked
Picture(s), or I.dont.believe.it. cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tommysparks: 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
all these pentecostal churches trying to assume catholic church titles yet they say catholic church does this and that.
just because catholics address priests as Fathers the pastors want to be called daddy
because the pope is catholic GO's are now addressed as PAPA
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
specialguest:

You can say that again! I am trying so hard to get this off my mind and go to church this morning but a part of me keeps reminding of yesterday"s incident. I mean the same woman might be on the alter today( you know most Nigerian pastor"s wives are automatically pastors too) and my thoughts towards her are not pure anymore. How am I supposed to listen to her sermon? You need to see the way she carries herself every other day, so much like queen Elizabeth.
On a brighter note her husband is a pastor of high standing. Very nice and open to all members. If only I met him yesterday instead of the wife all these would not have happened

demons at work here.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-SFXXLiPeP7c/UcmDljomg9I/AAAAAAAAGZ0/h8H6XLrwoRI/s640/2cor105.jpg[/img]
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
I think op is taking this too far!
I'm assuming this Pastor is actually old enough to be called daddy, u don't have to make it look like the woman has committed such an unforgivable sin! It's not right to enforce such but she clearly doesn't see it that way! I'm also assuming she's Yoruba nd we all know how much Yoruba people handle the whole 'respect' ish! IMO, you don't have to take it this personal. If you call him daddy and dt makes the wife happy, it wouldn't bite your tongue! There are some other things to be worried about than daddy or no daddy jare!

2 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
These people make seun look bad.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
Sophyrocks: Nigerians and their way of worshipping Pastors. Chai! Una too get wahala. So calling somebody Daddy or mummy will take u to the kingdom of God ba? oooh. Emancipate yourselves from Man made fanatical slavery!!!! so there are not other ways to show respect other than this daddy mummy thing?? @Op Abeg do whatever suits u. If u aint comfortable with it, dnt force it. sad sad sad No wonder men of God these days walk around like politicians. SMH.
+1
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Woged2005(f): 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
I've said it many times, if anyone have to convince u that he/she is a Christian he/she is probably not. Christianity is a lifestyle that shows in character, the way u relate with other people, and the love/peace u exude where ever u are. It's not a billboard, oratory, T-shirt, and quotations you cram. This is why there are so many churches/mosques in super-religious Nigeria, yet so much wickedness, retaliatory spirit, people seeking vengeance, & majority willing to die for money. I pity anyone branded a "Nigerian Christian". That term is becoming popular even abroad. Check ur email today, u may see a fake letter from 'Sister this' or 'brother that' asking for donations, or sending u craps to fwd to 10 other people or u get cursed all frm Nigeria.

Nigerians, no be only our politicians need change, we all need am.

Happy Sunday ya all!

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by bknight: 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
He's a pastor. And his name is sunday Akpan?

Jst refer to him as Pastor Akpan.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by specialguest(f): 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
bknight: He's a pastor. And his name is sunday Akpan?

Jst refer to him as Pastor Akpan.

God bless you bknight! You said it as it should be. @ Aluta I asked pastor Mrs after pastor all she should have said is he is around or he is not around. Not asking me which pastor and if I am referring to her husband as pastor instead of daddy. He is my pastor 1st of all before anything else. If along the line I find a mentor in him and we build a father daughter relationship fine, but I shouldn't be chastised for calling him pastor abc.

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
I also see it as a Nigerian thing, they practice same doctrine here too in some Nigerian churches( name withheld) and nobody died yet. I won't totally blame the leaders but the brethren carries 50% of the blame too.

OP when you're in Rome...

Ewww I don't like this type of discussion about MOGs. *Gossip things
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by fijiano202(m): 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
OP i will never ever ever forgive u for making me sin today,you made me go to our pastor wife and ask for the pastor,I said-Madam is pastor abcd efgh son of Mama abcd around,thats asking for pastor with his fullname and surname and the name we call the pastor's Mother,Chai the pastor wife burst into laugh and told me hes still attending to People,what i expected was-cant you call my husband Daddy and me Mummy,i fort .....chai e pain me say i sin ooo

4 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by macof(m): 4:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
alutacontinua: I think op is taking this too far!
I'm assuming this Pastor is actually old enough to be called daddy, u don't have to make it look like the woman has committed such an unforgivable sin! It's not right to enforce such but she clearly doesn't see it that way! I'm also assuming she's Yoruba nd we all know how much Yoruba people handle the whole 'respect' ish! IMO, you don't have to take it this personal. If you call him daddy and dt makes the wife happy, it wouldn't bite your tongue! There are some other things to be worried about than daddy or no daddy jare!

Keep quite with this 'yoruba' respect thing angry Are they Yoruba? Because if they are they shouldn't be worshiping a dead Jew in their church instead worship the God of their fatherland.

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by vanitty: 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
Much ado about nothing. In all churches, certain protocols must be observed. In most churches, front row is reserved for pastors, their wives etc. In some churches, pastors have their own parking space, in some churches, you cannot even see pastor without appointment. Next time, you know to call him daddy. Don't let anyone embarass your fiance. If you cant tolerate their ways, go to another church or do court wedding.

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by EfemenaXY: 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
specialguest:

You can say that again! I am trying so hard to get this off my mind and go to church this morning but a part of me keeps reminding of yesterday"s incident. I mean the same woman might be on the altar today( you know most Nigerian pastor"s wives are automatically pastors too) and my thoughts towards her are not pure anymore. How am I supposed to listen to her sermon?

May God have mercy on us all.

On second thoughts, why not speak to him about this and get his thoughts / views on it?

For all you know, he might be cool with being called Pastor ABC...
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by specialguest(f): 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
For clarification purpose my pastor and his wife are from the east, I am a northerner and the church I attend is a popular church with branches all over Nigeria however my parish is in Abuja. That said, thank you all for your contributions.
I created this thread yesterday because I wanted to find out if I was wrong by referring to a pastor as pastor-his name, however after going through most of the replies on this thread, it is safe to conclude that it is not compulsory to address our pastors as daddy and mummy. Bearing that in mind, I went to church today, sat on the front row, sang my heart out without allowing yesterday"s drama to interfere with my worship.
I really do feel a lot better now and I pray God puts a sense of Humility in our spiritual leaders, may they walk in the footsteps our Lord and Saviour Jesus christ. Amen

3 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by specialguest(f): 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
Efemena_xy:

On second thoughts, why not speak to him about this and get his thoughts / views on it?

For all you know, he might be cool with being called Pastor ABC...

You are right, I have it in mind to ask for his opinion on this matter when next I meet with him one on one. He is a very level headed man of God but just like someone said his wife might send people away from his ministry.
I stand to be corrected if at all I was wrong which I know I wasn"t but not in a harsh manner or in the presence of everyone.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by kambo(m): 8:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
People and their stinkg cravgs for wrship. I hate callg ppl tht ar not my biologcl parents "daddy" "mummy" and many ppl do.
Jesus was never like this. He washed his disciples stinkg feet but 9ja leaders want other wise.
Poster, you shd have respectfully correctd tht prattlg pastor wife. So she'd hav somthg to thnk about.
Nobody has probably told these ppl d truth.
Daddy G.O, mummy bla bla.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by jmoore(m): 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
I address him as Sir.
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by xp17(m): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
next time just tell his wife that u wanted to pay ur vow of 5,000,000naira, since he pastor x is unavailable , u wanna pay it to other churches, since church na church

1 Like

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by IamDebola: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2013

5 Likes

Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by maumau1: 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
what is daddy? is he no longer a pastor? abegi
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
OP got what she wanted afterall - FP. undecided
Re: The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches by 9jahubcom(m): 9:39pm On Dec 22, 2013
ok na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Witches And What They Do. / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Arsenal Sacking Unai Emery / Hope: Transformed By Anja Ringgren Loven After Being Accused Of Witchcraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.