Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? (121664 Views)

I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad / I'm Too Skinny, What Can I Do To Add Weight? Food's Not Working..any Help? / To Gain Weight, What Medicine Can I Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by jreyez(m): 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2014
This's what you get when the Fp is overwhelmed with boring topics..... You get lots of Old F.O.O.L.S commenting. Smh shaangry
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by captcochrane(m): 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2014
sad
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by corruptst(m): 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
pembisco: As a medical student, let try and help in a way i can, thers a test called BMI (Body Mass Index) this will determine weda u need to add weight or not
BMI= weight(kg) divide by square root of your height (m) and from your data,
weight=55kg
height= 5.6m.....square root of 5.6 =2.4 appxm
BMI = 55 divide by 2.4 = 22.9
Note. Normal of BMI is between the range of 19-24
25-29 is over-weight
30 and above is considered as obesity
so my broda..your weight is proportional to your heigh and you dont need to add more weight. its normal, forget abt those calling you names

This is pure thrash! U r a disgrace to Medical School. That's essentially if u r one. It's better to keep quiet than open ur mouth to display how f00lish u are.
BMI is calculated by dividing your weight in kg by the square of your height in m.
Not square root as indicated.
And if u wanna use a height, u have to use realistic ones. It's not possible for anyone to b 5.6m tall. Thats like 560cm. What planet are u from?
From my calculation of d op's BMI, it's 55/(1.7*1.7) = 19.03

@op, go siddon. U r definitely within a healthy weight range. Anybody that advises you to gain weight must b your enemy.

4 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
Milk,egg,gym
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Gbaskybabe(f): 10:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
You need to see a psychologist.Thats one of the symptons of low self esteem.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by chymystique(f): 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
Lord_Reed: Buy this:

And take it as a supplement to your meals, guaranteed weight gain.

Et doesn't work IMO
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by captcochrane(m): 10:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
corruptst:

This is pure thrash! U r a disgrace to Medical School. That's essentially if u r one. It's better to keep quiet than open ur mouth to display how f00lish u are.
BMI is calculated by dividing your weight in kg by the square of your height in m.
Not square root as indicated.
And if u wanna use a height, u have to use realistic ones. It's not possible for anyone to b 5.6m tall. Thats like 560cm. What planet are u from?
From my calculation of d op's BMI, it's 55/(1.7*1.7) = 19.03

@op, go siddon. U r definitely within a healthy weight range. Anybody that advises you to gain weight must b your enemy.

lol, a real disaster of monumental magnitude
Even non-medical studs know ow to calculate bmi

abeg help me ask am his sch, nd course cos physiology stud too dey call demselves med stud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by corruptst(m): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2014
claremont: Your current Body Mass Index (BMI), calculated using the data you provided, is 19.6. The WHO guidelines for a healthy BMI range for a man of your age is 17-22, which means that you are at the healthy weight range for your age and sex. Relax!

Could u pls tell us how u arrived at ur value mr genius?
Moreover, healthy BMI range is within the range18.5 - 24.9
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Jimmyo3(m): 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2014
Nostradamus: Please everyone,how do i open a thread??
Pls if u get a +tive reply let me know...Do u know the meaning of Nostradamus?
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
190-the-clown:
spend more time drinking small stout, medium stout and cat fish pepper soup

eat everyday and drink stout as much as possible if possible 2 bottles per day

in 3 months report back to me angry

and try to carry ashawo's more often it helps undecided

atleast 2 per week - it worked for me, it worked for others and it can work for you too wink wink
guy,u be fool.lol
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by 190theclown: 10:10pm On Jan 02, 2014
DBlackCeazer: guy,u be fool.lol

your pickin papa undecided

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
Wait make I ask google, I'll get back to u sharp sharp.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Richy4(m): 10:12pm On Jan 02, 2014
there is nothing any one can do for you. You are just 18. you need not worry about this. just eat when you feel like it and by the time you get to 27 or 30, you will be pleading to be skinny again.

But do not eat too much because if you do, you will be gaining weight in your mid area or stomach instead achieving what you want. believe me no one will recognize you in your late twenties. just be patient. you will get what you want as the year progresses.

Just talking out of experience. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Dhelake: 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2014
deejay_harry1: get yourself the medic name is weight on... drink it regularly.. be careful, as too much will result to a rickross bro..
'weight' on or 'wate' on??
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2014
Also, tryin fuckin Ashawo wey b orobo, fr 4 days, I believe dt on d 5th day u'll gain weight.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by emerem: 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2014
It takes good food and nice gym to gain weight. Avoid sleeping late or keeping wake too long. It is health wise to sleep at least 7hrs daily. Another thing to watch is intake of rash & spirit like substances like gin, rum, coffee, kin ka na ( hot drinks), cigarettes. These substances aid in burning fats and also make one look older. I suggest you drink more whole milk at least 170grms daily(1 tin), drink alot of water and eat fruits. Vegetables will be of immense aid aswell. I also know a brainwave device that can aid in building your body and make you look younger, but for violation rules cant post it here. If you will need it, kindly contact me :itstorekeeper@gmail.com. Thank you.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by captcochrane(m): 10:16pm On Jan 02, 2014
corruptst:

i tink so many ppl dey form doctor here, me self go join now
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by UyiIredia(m): 10:16pm On Jan 02, 2014
REP: Rice, Eba and Pounded yam. That should do it.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
Post a picture of you
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by haibe(m): 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2014
Food is not the solution jare, just try doing at least 100 push ups every day and you will see the difference in two weeks.

Like my sis would say, "if food dey always make person fat, I for don dey guiness book of record tete"

Am believing you a guy so just do push ups or weight lifting, it's as simple as that, make sure to have lots of rest too, you would thank me later when seeing the result.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by isaacosas01(m): 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
pictures or it didn't happen. grin
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by sweetestguy(m): 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
Tnx for all d advice gringrin
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by SeanT10: 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2014
this broda needs a help from fellow nl. if u are lighter in weight and don't see it as a problem, good for you. @op, first question, is ur father or any relative bigger than you at this age? secondly have u bn to d hospital to check urself? worms can b funny, eating up all d energy you might have taken in, leaving notin for u. so ensure u are healthy before you think of adding weight.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by boloase(m): 10:26pm On Jan 02, 2014
jst send me a mail on beloase@gmail.com , i ll give u step by step ways to add d desired weight. we deal on natural supplements
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Ikem11(m): 10:26pm On Jan 02, 2014
Go buy EGOVIN and be drinking it...in next 3weeks if u see your self sorry will be ur testimony. Gudluck
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by LordReed(m): 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
chymystique:

Et doesn't work IMO

Worked very well for me. I gained 10 kg in about 3 months and I didn't eat 3 times a day most of the time.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by ninja4life(m): 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
I also opend a similar thread but got no response,abeg how do i gain weight am 16 5ft 8inches weigh 40kg too slim that i'm already used to indirect jokes abt me.hav tried eating as much as possible but am not gaining weight some can even call me foodman and my parents are far from slim.how do i gain weight
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
Dhelake: 'weight' on or 'wate' on??
my bad..

wate on..
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by djeezy(m): 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2014
Your metabolism is very high and hence inhibiting ithe food you ingest from making you to add weight. I am in your shoes but I have discovered the secret. When I was your age I even weighed lesser. People made mockery of me. Here's what to do;
1. EAT, EAT, EAT- since you have a high metabolism, don't eat less food. If you take 3 squeal meals a day, increase it to 5 and also eat in between like snacks. This works perfectly, you will store a lot of calories.
2 EXercise- make sure you exercise to build your muscles and also to keep fit.
3. SLEEP and REST- Do not worry and think too much and above all you must relax.
4. Check your current weight and apply from tip 1 to 3, then check your weight again after 2 weeks, there must be an increase in weight. Hope this helps. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by claremont(m): 10:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
corruptst:

Height... 5' 6'' = 168cm (NOT 170cm)

Weight... 55kg (squared)

Input these figures into this BMI calculator ... http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/av.htm

The OP's BMI is 19.6 kg/m(squared)

The most current guidelines from experts suggest that an optimal BMI range is between 17 and 22.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by ekoson95(m): 10:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
Thank ya all for ur advise. I've learnt a lot 4rm u guyz. UP NAIRALANDERS!!!
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Zet72(m): 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
190-the-clown:
spend more time drinking small stout, medium stout and cat fish pepper soup

eat everyday and drink stout as much as possible if possible 2 bottles per day

in 3 months report back to me angry

and try to carry ashawo's more often it helps undecided

atleast 2 per week - it worked for me, it worked for others and it can work for you too wink wink
Na new year bi dis naa, change for God's sake..190

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Girl Born With Hands Joined / 10 Health Benefits Of Plantains You Need To Know / Coronavirus: Robots Spraying Disinfectant In China (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.