Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,741 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! (45205 Views)

M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment / Vector Prays With OJB Jezreel (Picture) / OJB Jezreel In His Living Room (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by Ashmark(m): 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2013

Veteran music producer OJB Jezreel openly calls Kokomaster Dbanj out in a recent post-surgery interview with Inspiration FM's Gloria Maduka.

In this interview he talked about the controversy surrounding his donations and revealed celebs used it as competition, especially Dbanj. The reason why he is upset with the singer is during his fund raiser there were rumours that D'banj gave his former music producer N7m but the report was not denied, neither did he attempt to set the record straight.

He says,

"The most disappointing one for me is D'banj because he passed through my hands, he was trained under my tutelage. That is offensive. I don't care if you're with Kanye West, you can't forget your root. I won't call anybody else's name but I will call his because it hurts. His own hurts very deep. And he never tried to reach out to me. It's not like we parted on fighting terms. He told me he had to go to London and he went. And when he came back it was Don Jazzy, and I said OK, that's fine. And what he did worked and I'm very proud of him, the love, that's why it hurts more. He should have come out to say no, I don't know why you people are saying all this, I didn't give OJB N7million, maybe a part of him felt embarrassed because at the end of the day, really, are you not supposed to do something?" OJB says during the interview

He continues...

"When P-Square gave me N5million cheque, everybody started treating as a competition. They were like, they brought N5m, I want to show that I can do more, or equal it. So they will come to my house, some will drop N2m, N1m, you say thank you, they take pictures and go away. Then you drop the cheque in your account and you see that almost N4/5million is being returned back to you that it didn't clear. You call them and tell them and they tell you they are coming but they haven't picked the cheques till now.

"The shocking ones are not even the bounced cheques. It's the ones that when they are coming to meet you in the house to give you money, they come with a whole camera crew. Then they will say I'm donating one million naira to you and the cameras start recording and maybe the guy's tape stops, and he says let's take that again (Laughs).

"There were people in my dialysis that I gave N100k each to pay for their dialysis, we didn't publicise it, we didn't take photos with them, because I felt that was unnecessary."

Watch the videos below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ_IOa-fVgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPstAX2hF0w

For More Entertainment News Update & General, Visit www.ashmarkexclusive..com

2 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by homesteady(m): 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
Why is this OJB bringing up this issue again?

2 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by naijainfogalery: 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
The truth is most naija celebrities are vain. Afterall we all give beggars money every day do we take pics?LOL

20 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by bigx(m): 2:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ashmark: During an interview with Inspiration FM's Gloria Maduka post surgery, veteran music producer OJB Jezreel addressed controversy surrounding his donations, said celebs used it as competition and calls out Dbanj. Here's why he's unhappy with D'banj. During his fund raiser many months back, there were rumours that D'banj gave his former music producer N7m, a report that D'banj didn't deny. OJB says D'banj didn't give him a dime and was upset that he didn't try to set the record straight
"The most disappointing one for me is D'banj because he passed through my hands, he was trained under my tutelage. That is offensive. I don't care if you're with Kanye West, you can't forget your root. I won't call anybody else's name but I will call his because it hurts. His own hurts very deep. And he never tried to reach out to me. It's not like we parted on fighting terms. He told me he had to go to London and he went. And when he came back it was Don Jazzy, and I said OK, that's fine. And what he did worked and I'm very proud of him, the love, that's why it hurts more. He should have come out to say no, I don't know why you people are saying all this, I didn't give OJB N7million, maybe a part of him felt embarrassed because at the end of the day, really, are you not supposed to do something?" OJB says during the interview
He also talked about how people used his fund raiser as competition and once again addresses the bounced cheques. Continue....

"When P-Square gave me N5million cheque, everybody started treating as a competition. They were like, they brought N5m, I want to show that I can do more, or equal it. So they will come to my house, some will drop N2m, N1m, you say thank you, they take pictures and go away. Then you drop the cheque in your account and you see that almost N4/5million is being returned back to you that it didn't clear. You call them and tell them and they tell you they are coming but they haven't picked the cheques till now.
"The shocking ones are not even the bounced cheques. It's the ones that when they are coming to meet you in the house to give you money, they come with a whole camera crew. Then they will say I'm donating one million naira to you and the cameras start recording and maybe the guy's tape stops, and he says let's take that again (Laughs).
"There were people in my dialysis that I gave N100k each to pay for their dialysis, we didn't publicise it, we didn't take photos with them, because I felt that was unnecessary."

You just publicised it grin

19 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by Maleeq(m): 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
bigx:
You just publicised it grin
Not exactly. Atleast, the recipients are still face less. That's enough discretion in my opinion.

I found it funny when the "celebs" where all over social networks with pictures about the donations. Some were too "suspicious"...Bottom line, D'Banj should have refuted the claims or meet OJB behind the scenes...

64 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by rattlesnake(m): 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
dis ojb is jobless

3 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
Most of our celebs no get money. Na fake life tinz

34 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by sammoe(m): 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
Thank God, he's (OJB) hale & hearty.

4 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by Ifedechidex: 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
ok, we have heard
Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by udilson: 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
Let me say these in Yoruba because you dint "GO HAND DIE" Dts y u blackmailing
Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by jumzzy448: 5:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
i don't think their should be any need for this. the most important thing is he's alive. thank God for that.

3 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by IamDebola: 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2013

141 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by Andyblaze: 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
This man has had his surgery and is back to normal health, why not STFU and go about your normal life rather than try to open another can of worms about who actually donated or not! angry angry

Meanwhile Check out what Men do not love about women here - www.nairaland.com/1574362/dear-ladies-not-appreciate-it

8 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by kullozone(m): 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
takin credit fr sumtin u didn't do.

1 Like

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by duni04(m): 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
Why the bitterness and name calling? OJB shud take a chill pill n enjoy his good health before he gives himself high blood pressure which is one of the causes of kidney failure

4 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by Aphrodite4(f): 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
He's well and treated, why open dead issues?? Disappointing, really...

4 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by bishop4APC: 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ojb again? Never knew he survived the operation....mumu wey suppose dey praise God sti dey use style beg for money.

1 Like

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by bebe2(f): 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
bloody hypocrites

mchewwwwwwwww
Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
rattlesnake: dis ojb is jobless
you when get work sit down for nairaland dey post nonsense...

45 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
....The operation is Over, So why the Resurrection of Dead Issues again!
Anyways OJB, if you are reading this post of mine, Please do me a favor...
Take that Hair to the Barber and remove that thing on your head! It's annoying and doesn't portray you as a Serious Person at all!

2 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by ogsmith: 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
How this made front page beats me. However ojb should be glad to be alive. People will get back for wrong they do.

1 Like

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by Aphrodite4(f): 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
IamDebola: First and foremost It's not written in Dbanj's destiny to donate to you by force.

U just hit the nail right on...

7 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by ayando(m): 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
What do u expect from a celeb? We Nigerians put undue pressure on them by praising one over the other. We made it look like a competition.

1 Like

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by freda506(f): 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
homesteady: Why is this OJB bringing up this issue again?
because several people *myself inclusive* accused Ojb and his team of stealing money.Like seriously what would denying it have taking from d'banj? Instead he rode on the fame at the expense of a sick man angry.

42 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by joaquin64(m): 5:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
Honestly now he is beginning to sound like an ungrateful A*hole! Who cares?! We know in Naija its mostly show and tell, and it happens worse in our churches not even amongst celebs. At least for celebs they have genuine reasons to be fake because their jobs demand it in a way for publicity. Why doesn't he focus on the people from his church and family? Even if D'banj was in the wrong, we have heard and there is nothing we can do to help you about that. He is no god but a human being that makes mistakes. His fans will still love him and buy his music anyway.
You are healed now through the help of someone else, be grateful to God and whoever that helped you and STFU! We are tired of hearing you cry about this...as if you would have done any differently...

8 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by Hadeyeancah(m): 5:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
Finally u will need me bt now don't tell me nonsense...

1 Like

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by fyneboi79(m): 5:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
OJB! When you were running Ɣ☺ΰя studio,how many of them did ‎u help get upI heard rumours of how strict you were for ur fees τ̲̅ȍ be completed before letting them record.Now all that money you made could •̸№t put ‎u tru treatment,now that will teach you τ̲̅ȍ show some kindness τ̲̅ȍ upcoming acts.
Congrats on ur successful surgery.

OJB..........OBJ So much in common grin

8 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by jimohibrahim(m): 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fp tins
Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by Zer0(m): 5:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
D'banj never claimed go have donated, and i see no reason why he should organize a press conference to deny something he never claimed.

OJB is using his predicment to discredit his foes which is silly. Meanwhile no be by force to give. Anybody who didn't donate owes him no explanation nor apology.

He should thank people who donated money, those who prayed and also wished him well and forget this unnecessary ranting about who didn't donate.

7 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
they should leave dbanj alone o, cos his career go soon end. The odee just dey sing rubbish now adays. Tithe you na pay , ordinary donation you no do. Na to sew dollar suit. He should better go and ask Baba fryo how far. so many Nigerian musicians life span is 15years and that's it. You can't be 40+ and be singing sex mama and your waist

35 Likes

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by sureway1(m): 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
it's very easy...to say if you are going to record your donation what ever..don't donate..but you didn't say that then...since you are alive just thank God and let lying dog sleep...that's life for you.

1 Like

Re: OJB Jezreel: D'banj Didn't Donate; Yet Won't Refute Claims! by unmask: 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
hmmm......I am sure nomoloss already refuted the claim, what else does he want?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Olamide Reponds To 'breakup' With Lil Kesh Report / Isabella Ayuk Buys Second House In Abuja, Celebrates New Year With Sexy Photos / Peter Okoye Buys Two Puppies For His Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.