Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere (26354 Views)

Another Election Postponement Would Be A Coup - Buhari / Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) / Lagos Plans To Instigate Nationwide Petrol Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Mekky2010: 4:10am On Dec 31, 2013
Obasanjo's Letter, Coup Baiting: Afenifere Warns Political Class

By Yinka Odumakin

Afenifere is compelled to issue a timely warning to the Nigerian political class and their military fronts on the dangers of resorting to the military option as the final act in the orchestrated hysteria being created in the polity as the law of unintended consequences does not unfold until after the event.

We are issuing this warning, as we can no longer ignore the rumor that has been very thick in the air that some forces that want to abort the proposed National Conference are scheming to exploit the challenges of our democracy to cause an unconstitutional change in the polity.

All citizens of our country with a sense of history would have been able to draw a parallel between General Obasanjo’s December2 letter to President Goodluck Jonathan and a document circulated in January,1976 entitled "FACTS  TO KNOW ABOUT MURTALA-A WARNING TO THE NATION".

Gen.Murtala Muhammed was assassinated a month afterwards. Interestingly, General Obasanjo was prominent among those copied the document.

Also,in the days preceding the coup against the Alhaji Shehu Shagari government in 1983,Gen.Obasanjo was very loud in criticizing the government.Thirty years after that act of treason,Mr Max Suollin in SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE has righty captured what was happening as "coup baiting" with generous quotation of IBB's confessions that those who staged the 1983 coup actually asked Obasanjo to come and lead the government,a request he turned down while encouraging the putsch.

"    Question:  “It was also said that those of you who ousted Shagari actually wanted to bring back General Obasanjo as Head of State in 1984. Is this true?”

Babangida: “It is true. But to be very fair to General Obasanjo, he rejected the offer. He said no. He said it would destroy his integrity, that he handed over to Shagari and that it is not right for him to get involved. But he (Obasanjo) said he was not stopping us from going ahead with the plot”."(Soldiers Of Fortune,Max Siollun,Pg 14) 

It was little wonder that while Gen Obasanjo issued another in the series of his infamous letters against Babaginda Military Junta in 1992,the "evil genius" quickly ran from Abuja to Otta and followed up with reshuffles in the military high commands. The same IBB is the first person Obasanjo copied his letter.

This is why we in Afenifere are not impressed with the sinister letter from the ever manipulative and evil agenda setting General who has never shown any pure motive since he started his interventions in our national affairs.

It is therefore the height of foolhardiness and or a lack of any sense of history for members of the political class to be enabling these Generals who have not been known to act in the collective interest in their infamous careers.

Have our politicians forgotten so soon what the country went through for six years when Abacha was enabled to overthrow the Shonekan Interim Government in 1993?

We do not argue that Nigeria does not have serious challenges at the moment but we refuse to accept that the solutions to our problems would come from any group of military adventures.It is a jaded option that we have been offered over the years and it has always created more problems than the ones it promises to solve.

On a more fundamental note,there is a delicate balance in the country at the moment which has made the proposed National Conference the most veritable platform to address the crises facing Nigeria and for which the nationalities are rearing to go.

To attempt to stop that process by staging a coup would amount to rushing Nigeria to a major catastrophe as any group of military adventurers may discover there is no space for them to preside over.

It is therefore in the best interest of all that all those who are possibly plotting to cause crisis in the country perish the thought and allow the National Conference to proceed seamlessly so that the people of Nigeria can proffer their own solutions to our challenges so we can emerge a united and prosperous entity from the table of brotherhood.

This is our patriotic approach to nation building, which we commend to all reasonable Nigerians.   

Yinka Odumakin.

National Publicity Secretary,
Afenifere

http://saharareporters.com/press-release/press-release-obasanjos-letter-coup-baiting-afenifere-warns-political-class

57 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 4:45am On Dec 31, 2013
National conference is the way to go. First to comment on this excellent post.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by israel007: 4:57am On Dec 31, 2013
We're watching
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by talktimi(m): 4:59am On Dec 31, 2013
I've had this sinister feeling ever since Obj's letter "leaked". I just pray the almighty God grants us peace in this country and touches the hearts of our greedy politicians to have a thought for the masses. This problem is beyond what the APC/PDP wants us to know and thats why I most times laugh at the silly e fights that go on here on nairaland. Pls lets unite as a people and show these politicians that they cant take us for granted even if it means voting in neutral parties during upcoming elections. God bless Nigeria.

21 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 5:02am On Dec 31, 2013
No coup can succeed in today's Nigeria, as the massive uprising against such an action could lead to a 2nd civil war. Over 14 continuous years of civil rule shouldn't be torpedoed on the whims of some disgruntled, out-of-favor politicians.

31 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 5:08am On Dec 31, 2013
mmmh
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by homeboy205: 5:13am On Dec 31, 2013
ok
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by talktimi(m): 5:18am On Dec 31, 2013
GenBuhari: mmmh
your thoughts on this pls
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 31, 2013
talktimi: I've had this sinister feeling ever since Obj's letter "leaked". I just pray the almighty God grants us peace in this country and touches the hearts of our greedy politicians to have a thought for the masses. This problem is beyond what the APC/PDP wants us to know and thats why I most times laugh at the silly e fights that go on here on nairaland. Pls lets unite as a people and show these politicians that they cant take us for granted even if it means voting in neutral parties during upcoming elections. God bless Nigeria.

Nigeria is expiring in less than 24 hours. And only the brutal force of the military can keep the fraud of a country together!

The national conference is an attempt by Jonathan to save Nigeria.

OBJ and his constituency of internal colonial masters will loose the biggest when Nigeria disintegrates.

Read his letter again and you will see that he was actually after the national conference. The other things he mentioned was to decieve the gullible,

13 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by nukoduss: 6:49am On Dec 31, 2013
As for me.... I think National Conference should do justice to this...
We can't forget history... Afenifere has reminded us the history of open letter.
This time around.. Any attempt to stage a coup is to stage a war.... Thereby leading to
Breakup

17 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by dami212: 6:57am On Dec 31, 2013
musiwa112: afefenire or yca,ykc etc.. they dont. has no backing , it is just some friend.. it is not a recognized by yoruba culture. just some group of friend. it has no culture anything of significant. it is no based on any yoruba culture or history...

I musiwa. i am of the royal house of oduduwa.. we have the power.. what ever group they call them, they have no power to effect anything.. i have the power to effect and remove the whole area from nigeria by yoruba culture.. i also have the power to remove the whole area by using military strength against the nation of nigeria... i have the power to kick out every non western nigeria out of the military barracks and send them back to their places by force. without given a shiit of what nigeria feels... we have the power to declare war against nigeria.. afefenire or ysc,ykc etc.. they dont.

When you talk to me.. i have the entire royal homes of oduduwa... i am from the house of oduduwa first child... afefenire or ysc,ykc is not a recognized by yoruba culture.. just some people who form them..

we are not formed. we are the culture and custodians of the oduduwa people. we are the real owners of the land and the culture place us as the representative of the people.
Guy u go school at all. Kai ur level of illiteracy and ignorance is alarming. May God give u the grace to use ur wisdom

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Lionbite(m): 7:03am On Dec 31, 2013
I'm done with politics in nigeria. its pointless
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by fkaz(m): 7:16am On Dec 31, 2013
Either by coup or national conference, Nigeria need to be re-structured or dis-integrated and any of the above will surely foster it. Nigeria av reach it peak, no need to pretend about our unity, we are not meant to be together. So obj should come up with anything, he is welcome.

11 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Femolacaster(m): 7:45am On Dec 31, 2013
fkaz: Either by coup or national conference, Nigeria need to be re-structured or dis-integrated and any of the above will surely foster it. Nigeria av reach it peak, no need to pretend about our unity, we are not meant to be together. So obj should come up with anything, he is welcome.
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 8:00am On Dec 31, 2013
Who listens to Yinka Oduamakin any more? Let Him come explain to Nigerians which formal job He has ever had and why He is never seen to be away from the gateman house of those in power!

He is a useless prolific contract prostitute that only knows how to praise sing those in power for His belly

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 31, 2013
Gej is already on top of the matter, right now a gud number of them Generals are no longer in control of them battalions. So thou shall not weary of an eminent coup.
Sai Gej ©2015-2019 ..if you near.

13 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 8:08am On Dec 31, 2013
CFCfan: No coup can succeed in today's Nigeria, as the massive uprising against such an action could lead to a 2nd civil war. Over 14 continuous years of civil rule shouldn't be torpedoed on the whims of some disgruntled, out-of-favor politicians.

I beg to disagree with you on this one. So long as Nigerians are hungry, coup will always succeed in Nigeria. Though I for one do not subscribe to it, however, the manner in which the current president has handled the affairs of the nation has no doubt sent the right signals to the exotic coup plotters to start thinking what next!

Nigerians love life too much so any bullet, followed by Ghana must go will silent their mouth forever cool.

I have said it here repeatedly, if GEJ continues with His die hard posture come Q1 2014, by Q2 2014, GEJ will be history as far as Aso rock is concerned and average Nigerians will not pity Him.

His greatest undoing was to polarize Nigeria along ethnic and religious line. Never has Nigeria been this polarized and I pray never again will it be.

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 8:11am On Dec 31, 2013
Dem burrows: Gej is already on top of the matter, right now a gud number of them Generals are no longer in control of them battalions. So thou shall not weary of an eminent coup.
Sai Gej ©2015-2019 ..if you near.
Go figure out, coups are never plotted by generals, coups are always plotted and executed by subordinates and the generals only come to the table for dinner when the meal is ready cool.

Like they say, do not kill the bird the lays the golden egg.... Jungle don mature, are things going to fall apart? Only time shall tell.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by luvinhubby(m): 8:12am On Dec 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Who listens to Yinka Oduamakin any more? Let Him come explain to Nigerians which formal job He has ever had and why He is never seen to be away from the gateman house of those in power!

He is a useless prolific contract prostitute that only knows how to praise sing those in power for His belly
I thought they said you are a Yoruba man or have you switched nationality.
He spoke for Afenifere and not for himself....... Read again !!

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Go figure out, coups are never plotted by generals, coups are always plotted and executed by subordinates and the generals only come to the table for dinner when the meal is ready cool.

Like they say, do not kill the bird the lays the golden egg.... Jungle don mature, are things going to fall apart? Only time shall tell.

Olodo the army is no longer what it used to be.You morons have lost control of the army and the probability of a successful coup in nigeria again is zerro as the army will be factionalised in the process and lead to civil war

13 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 31, 2013
I think it is interesting Thief Obasanjo may be coup baiting.
When you have so much stolen money stashed away as he has, he must be starting to get very nervous about the prospect of a Buhari government getting into power and it is quite possible that in his desperation he may be contemplating a retaining power by any means even if it meant sponsoring another military coup especially giving that his influence over GEJ seems to be waning.

I think that there is an argument for military rule in a country like Nigeria ( but not one sponsored by criminals like Thief Obasanjo or Evil Babangida for the sole purpose of their self interests).

If there must be a military coup, then we pray that it take place for the good of the country.

Nigerians are not politically mature enough for democracy as they do not understand a democratic country should not tolerate corruption or rigged elections.

Having said that, democratic elections are preferred option provided they are free and fair.

A coup should be in the best interest of the nations and it should be used as a last resort in an emergency situation.
talktimi: your thoughts on this pls

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 31, 2013
If Obasanjo should attempt any coup,he will end up like the late Gen Robert Guei,the ugly inbreeding bastard should not try to push his luck too far.

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by iconaus: 8:34am On Dec 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

I beg to disagree with you on this one. So long as Nigerians are hungry, coup will always succeed in Nigeria. Though I for one do not subscribe to it, however, the manner in which the current president has handled the affairs of the nation has no doubt sent the right signals to the exotic coup plotters to start thinking what next!

Nigerians love life too much so any bullet, followed by Ghana must go will silent their mouth forever cool.

I have said it here repeatedly, if GEJ continues with His die hard posture come Q1 2014, by Q2 2014, GEJ will be history as far as Aso rock is concerned and average Nigerians will not pity Him.

His greatest undoing was to polarize Nigeria along ethnic and religious line. Never has Nigeria been this polarized and I pray never again will it be.

u got it wrong . Nigeria has been like this only that some regions dont mind much who was the president - when the north and partly the west were in control the country was relatively at peace but now GEJ from south south is in control and is trying to re structure the country in a more equitable way there comes an opposition who believe that they own this country - they continue to align along ethnic line north -west axis then GEJ feels threatened . The north/west polarized the Nigeria more not GEJ

79 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by fiditi(m): 8:37am On Dec 31, 2013
The Stage is finally set, but 2 MEN & a WOMAN are yet to agree....The clock is ticking cool...Nigerians should pray... cry
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by jmaine: 8:44am On Dec 31, 2013
Yinka spoke well once again . . . Kudos . . . .

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 8:50am On Dec 31, 2013
chukwudi44:

Olodo the army is no longer what it used to be.You morons have lost control of the army and the probability of a successful coup in nigeria again is zerro as the army will be factionalised in the process and lead to civil war

San San go soon clear for una eye! Nigeria army has not changed. A coup today though I do not pray and ask for one will see all the old generals take their seat at the dinning table.

You inconsequential mofos will be used to wipe the floor if you dare make any noise. The oil money will be shared amongst your Igbo king makers and they will organize 30million man mile match again cool

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

San San go soon clear for una eye! Nigeria army has not changed. A coup today though I do not pray and ask for one will see all the old generals take their seat at the dinning table.

You inconsequential mofos will be used to wipe the floor if you dare make any noise. The oil money will be shared amongst your Igbo king makers and they will organize 30million man mile match again cool

Mumu continue fooling yourself.BTW I hope d SSS members online are looking @ ur moniker and IP address for necessary action.

You thinkl you are still in 1967.GEJ will rule till 2019,haters can go ahead and commit suicide

34 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 8:55am On Dec 31, 2013
icon aus:

u got it wrong . Nigeria has been like this only that some regions dont mind much who was the president - when the north and partly the west were in control the country was relatively at peace but now GEJ from south south is in control and is trying to re structure the country in a more equitable way there comes an opposition who believe that they own this country - they continue to align along ethnic line north -west axis then GEJ feels threatened . The north/west polarized the Nigeria more not GEJ

This is what they have been fooling you people with. GEJ restricting the country and Patience Jonathan is building a N1bn hotel.. Ye right, I really know how intelligent you are tongue

Who made GEJ president? Was it by any act of our South. South elders? How many of the elders from South South voiced out when GEJ was locked in Turia's kitchen?

Was Uduaghan not galavanting Aso rock dancing Etighie before Madam Turia when PEJ was asked to boil beans for guest in Aso rock? Where were the South East red caps chiefs? Were they not all silent and secretly lodging in hotels in Abuja to go collect their Ghana must go?

Ye ye dey smell...

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 8:57am On Dec 31, 2013
chukwudi44:

Mumu continue fooling yourself.BTW I hope d SSS members online are looking @ ur moniker and IP address for necessary action.

You thinkl you are still in 1967.GEJ will rule till 2019,haters can go ahead and commit suicide
I am sure once the boys take over, you got sharp sharp delete your handle for Nairaland.

Your SSS is a donfo... Do they even know how to detonate bombs talkless of tracking IP address? FYI, my moniker dey kampe... I go even give you my house address for a Benin City....

If your head correct, come close ...ye ye people.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I am sure once the boys take over, you got sharp sharp delete your handle for Nairaland.

Your SSS is a donfo... Do they even know how to detonate bombs talkless of tracking IP address? FYI, my moniker dey kampe... I go even give you my house address for a Benin City....

If your head correct, come close ...ye ye people.

Why don't you wait for them to take over before gloating!! I thought you idiots were so sure of winning in 2015.obviously you have already seen the handwriting on the wall hence your desperate moves

24 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets Abdulsalami, Cardinal Onaiyekan & Others In Aso Rock (Photos) / Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders / Terrorists Killed As NAF Shells Katsina Bandit Leader’s Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.