Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere (26364 Views)

Another Election Postponement Would Be A Coup - Buhari / Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) / Lagos Plans To Instigate Nationwide Petrol Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by jmaine: 10:22am On Dec 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
You are wrong! I know you people have short memory because you use your 256mb memory for praise singing.

Am wrong but you have failed at proving you correctness. I know you people have no brains, seeing you have fried yours by engaging in extreme hateful cynicism for no tangible reasons.

Only demons attain such levels of unnecessary hate you all harbour.

Omo_Tier1:
In fact, those in the known knew Dasuki was already doing His job before Azaziz died... Do not ask me further questions on this lipsrsealed

Offcourse i won't, cos i will be surprised if you had proof's for your baseless assertions you haven't been able to defend so far.

Omo_Tier1:

I know you may not be smart enough to understand what kill and divide rule is. GEJ has always appointed northerners in His cabinet. He has never shred away from doing so, however, you have to look at the pattern of where and how He appoints them. Same goes fro His appointment in South South.

You are not saying anything tangible. You shouldn't be talking about smatness at all cos it is very far from you.

Omo_Tier1:

If not for some reasons, I would have spilled a lot on Oruebebe's appointment and the cycle of in fighting between GEJ and Edwin Clark.

You don't say, please spare us your unsubstantiated stories.

Omo_Tier1:
I know most of you are only praise singing because of your stomach... You know very next to nothing what you are praise singing about unfortunately.

Praise singing is better than being a hate vector like you, whose reward is hypertensive frustration which often results to untimely death. You better shed them off to safeguard your health.

Omo_Tier1:

Let me ask you this: Do you in your church mind seriously think Nigeria and Nigerians are ever as united today than they were four years ago? Be honest with yourself and tell the truth.

Why should Nigerians be united when certain people are ganging up to prevent and stampede the man of the moment from exercising his legitimate right for a second tenure. A feat only the Nigerian people can decide.

Your attempt to import your blackmail of using the church was futile.

17 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by fagin1982(m): 10:22am On Dec 31, 2013
Obasanjo wrote and Leaked that Letter to incite hatred Towards Jonathans led Governemnt and there instigate a Coup likely thru his loyal Soldiers ....
Same style He did with Shagari and Ekwueme Back then in the 70s
But Unfortunately for him - He shot himself on the Leg this time around

I keep telling People , OBJ is frustrated. To the Brim - Aside his Farm and some little royalties he enjoys as a past President , He has lost everything

The SW Politics has long drifted away from him while in Office as President
The North He divided can never align with him - Only Charlatans from the north will do that
South South and SE is no go area for him

He has gradually diminished into a Political Midget - No sensible person in Nigeria revere OBJ again , Everyone now knows He is daft and empty

Presidency. And His Security Advisers analysed the letter and swung into action - Heavy Shakeups in the Army ...40 Generals are to be retired , strategic re-assignements to quash whatever evil plans he habours

OBJ SHOULD JUST GO AND DIE

11 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 31, 2013
Passing Shot: This is the real difference between the Yorubas and the other segements of the country - not minding calling their own to order irrespective of his/her status in the society. Afenifere or any other socio-political group in the SW will not support OBJ's letter for whatever reason. Yes, some may allign with the General individually but as a collective entity, the Yorubas will not support what is morally wrong.
if other ethnic group can tow this same line Nigeria will be better for it. Just think for a second how the Ijaws and Igbos have contributed to the tension in the air with their careless and irresponsible utterances.

And yet this is coming belatedly, after two other significant letters have been written with reference to OBJ's infamous one. Refusing to get on a sinking ship is not an act of valour. or honour. Don't put all your eggs in one basket - the west practices this very well, so whatever way the ball drops they can't be losers. Playing both sides is what they do best. Take for instance the last general elections, Lagos had just over 6 million registered voters and out of these 43% were said to be from the SE. PDP got a majority in Lagos with under 20% of the registered voters. For now whenever it's convenIent, we are hearing that the Yorubas voted GEJ in Lagos ( at the expense of ACN's Ribadu?) and have never been trIbalIstIc In theIr assessment. Someday though, the deniability allowed will be explored and the fIgures would be used by the same people to prove a dIfferent story. That's politics though.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by EGEEXJONAS: 10:25am On Dec 31, 2013
National conference is d answer [color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

This is what they hav bn foolin u people wit. GEJ restrctin d country nd Patience Jonathan is building a N1bn hotel.Ye right, I really know how intelligent u are
Who made GEJ president? Was it by any act of our SS elder?
Was Uduaghan not galavanting Aso rock dancin Etighi b4 Madam Turia wen PEJ was asked to boil beans for guest in Aso rock? Where wer d South East red caps chiefs? Were they not all silent and scretly lodging in hotels in Abuja to go collect their Ghana must go?
Do ur miserable self a favor n stick somethin barb to that pennywhistling talkin'arsse..d likes of Faseun led OPC n Afenifere has always sn tins frm d rite perspective,are renownd 2 uphold uprightness,dignity n intergrity in sharp contrast to thos omo ales farting n competin wit d hyenas 2 d laughs,who hav sold their birthrights 2 d common enemy 4 naught.its common 2 hav dissentin voices frm losers wen there r possitiv changes...but u sell-outs thinkin-widda-balls losers lot sure gonna fail

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:26am On Dec 31, 2013
Would history repeat itself today? Exactly 30 years ago on 31-12-1983, General Muhammadu Buhari overthrew Shehu Shagari. Will there be a new government tomorrow?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 31, 2013
GOD BLESS AFENIFERE,
GOD BLESS RIGHT THINKING YORUBAS
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by EGEEXJONAS: 10:28am On Dec 31, 2013
National conference is d answer
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by tensor77(m): 10:29am On Dec 31, 2013
noblezone:
Nigeria is expiring in less than 24 hours. And only the brutal force of the military can keep the fraud of a country together!
The national conference is an attempt by Jonathan to save Nigeria.
OBJ and his constituency of internal colonial masters will loose the biggest when Nigeria disintegrates.
Read his letter again and you will see that he was actually after the national conference. The other things he mentioned was to decieve the gullible,
Daft argument. Nigeria does not need any national conference as the sovereignty and unity of Nigeria is non-negotiable. What we do need is good governance particularly at the state and local level. Another talkshop won't bring that to pass so why waste valuable resources.
There is nothing whatsoever wrong with the constitution or the existing federal framework. We just need competent leadership at all levels of Government and society.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 31, 2013
olas24u:

So you support military rule?How old are you?

You just stole my post.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by ckkris: 10:30am On Dec 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Was Uduaghan not galavanting Aso rock dancing Etighie before Madam Turia,

when GEJ was asked to boil beans for guest in Aso rock?

Me, I laugh well, well o.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Tonylyte(m): 10:31am On Dec 31, 2013
Abagworo: Nigeria needs a change of regime. That's the only thing that will save many politicians from being slaughtered in 2015. Obasanjo will however survive as usual because he has exonerated himself by writing the letter.

The only other solution is for Jonathan and other politicians to perform miraculously well in the next one and half years left so that they can win a free and fair election. Rigging won't work in 2015.
so obj should be spared becos he wrote "the letter"? After all the curruptions? The massacre of nigerians? Are u high on solution? Gej cn aswell loot our money, kill nigerians and write "the letter" and be justified.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by tensor77(m): 10:31am On Dec 31, 2013
omusiliyu: National conference is a must, afterall they've budgetted #7B for it, or can they avert the money back. 100lawyers cant make such money for 10years, is what some few people will make in few months... NAIGERIYA
There will never ever be a national conference in Nigeria. Any regime that makes the mistake of assenting to such a conference is merely signing its own death warrant.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by vislabraye(m): 10:33am On Dec 31, 2013
OBJ is very divisive !! One has to be careful when walking with him. I don't know how GEJ will scale through, but may God help him.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by tensor77(m): 10:34am On Dec 31, 2013
fkaz: Either by coup or national conference, Nigeria need to be re-structured or dis-integrated and any of the above will surely foster it. Nigeria av reach it peak, no need to pretend about our unity, we are not meant to be together. So obj should come up with anything, he is welcome.
Will you just SHUT UP. Is Nigeria bigger than countries like Canada, USA and Russia that practise federalism?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by andyanders: 10:35am On Dec 31, 2013
talktimi: I've had this sinister feeling ever since Obj's letter "leaked". I just pray the almighty God grants us peace in this country and touches the hearts of our greedy politicians to have a thought for the masses. This problem is beyond what the APC/PDP wants us to know and thats why I most times laugh at the silly e fights that go on here on nairaland. Pls lets unite as a people and show these politicians that they cant take us for granted even if it means voting in neutral parties during upcoming elections. God bless Nigeria.

My brother, you have said it all.Let us unite and stop saying Ibo, Yoruba or Housa. The politicians are our problem. They have milked this nation dry. Have sent there children outside this country and are just here to steal and course confusion. May there deaths be celebrated like that of Abacha. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by fiizznation: 10:40am On Dec 31, 2013
these pple r desperate• They dnt even want to wait till 2015 again b4 they boot GEJ outta aso-rock

They r planning and a coup is about to happen.

The old generals r angry•

Whoever thinks that a coup can't be possible in 2014 is simply ignorant and f00lish.

Nobody prays for the khaki boys to come back. But any attempt by GEJ to rig the 2015 election, That's if he even last in d seat of power till that year, will only lead to big crisis which ll invite the army boys to seize power•

And If coup happens today, nobody ll go to the street to revolt, because everybody is tired of GEJ government•

Also for those of u that ll try to revolt or stage any silly revolution, I tell u the khaki boys ll only use u to mop the floor. And u folks also know that•

Anyway I ll be at my home in texas, watching on CNN/BBC/EURO NEWS how the soldiers ll be sh00ting ur big heads and ugly faces•
cry
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by tomakint: 10:44am On Dec 31, 2013
Now this is what I call 'Confession Time' now, where are those bigots hailing the demonic Ebora Owu, 'Baba oo, Baba ooo' to come and defend this claim by Afenifere undecided undecided undecided
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 10:47am On Dec 31, 2013
jmaine:

Am wrong but you have failed at proving you correctness. I know you people have no brains, seeing you have fried yours by engaging in extreme hateful cynicism for no tangible reasons.

Only demons attain such levels of unnecessary hate you all harbour.

Offcourse i won't, cos i will be surprised if you had proof's for your baseless assertions you haven't been able to defend so far.

You are not saying anything tangible. You shouldn't be talking about smatness at all cos it is very far from you.

You don't say, please spare us your unsubstantiated stories.

Praise singing is better than being a hate vector like you, whose reward is hypertensive frustration which often results to untimely death. You better shed them off to safeguard your health.

Why should Nigerians be united when certain people are ganging up to prevent and stampede the man of the moment from exercising his legitimate right for a second tenure. A feat only the Nigerian people can decide.

Your attempt to import your blackmail of using the church was futile.

What a nonsensical rant! I am sure you are one wrinkle of being who is already at the mercy of a native doctor!

Is it any surprise that those of you baring your fangs today had no guts to confront the Turia's and the Anodakas when the kept GEJ hostage like a criminal who stole a cup of garri in Aso rock?

You shameless ibo people, because of your belly have misled him to cliff hanger of a political disaster from day one.

The same kill and divide rule he has being using against others have now turned against Him and that is why the PDP house of thieves is crumbling like Apple crumble in custard sauce.

When Boko haram was killing innocent civilians, maiming Nigerians, instead of Him to confront the menace, He played the same kill and divide by sponsoring propaganda that certain named individuals were responsible. Today, Boko Haram has grown to become a monster, and is it any surprise that He no longer call Buhari as the sponsor of Boko Haram? Why? Because the reality has hit home that lies can never be enthroned for long.

When the NGF election was to be held, did He not use the same kill and divide to try to thwart that group? Granted many of us think the group should not even exist in the first place in the correct democratic institutions were strongly in place, nonetheless, that did not warrant Him to try to break ranks illegally.

When you have a look at His political appointments, the same pattern is what one would see. Hardly do you find that he appoints people based on merit or antecedents of good governance, instead, He always appoint people because He want to silent a particular group of persons or individual.

A president that appointed a certificate forger as the chairman of a university governing council, a president that appointed Mazua to head a sensitive parastatal, is it such a man you would want to take seriously?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 31, 2013
tensor77:
Daft argument. Nigeria does not need any national conference as the sovereignty and unity of Nigeria is non-negotiable. What we do need is good governance particularly at the state and local level. Another talkshop won't bring that to pass so why waste valuable resources.
There is nothing whatsoever wrong with the constituion or the existing federal framework
Only enemies of d land would be at ease wit d current status quo of that land of strange bed fellows n its obvious u one of them..u guys need that conference more than anything else n it gotta b SOVEREIGN
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:49am On Dec 31, 2013
GEJ don match aboki shìt.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by clint77ng: 10:51am On Dec 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

I beg to disagree with you on this one. So long as Nigerians are hungry, coup will always succeed in Nigeria. Though I for one do not subscribe to it, however, the manner in which the current president has handled the affairs of the nation has no doubt sent the right signals to the exotic coup plotters to start thinking what next!

Nigerians love life too much so any bullet, followed by Ghana must go will silent their mouth forever cool.

I have said it here repeatedly, if GEJ continues with His die hard posture come Q1 2014, by Q2 2014, GEJ will be history as far as Aso rock is concerned and average Nigerians will not pity Him.

His greatest undoing was to polarize Nigeria along ethnic and religious line. Never has Nigeria been this polarized and I pray never again will it be.

pls explain. How did he do that? A clear case of giving a dog a bad name just to hang it. Rail transport has started in the west and north and non in d SS/SE. 9 univ in d north, one each for SS/SE. So how did he polarise Naija along ethnic lines?

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by booblacain(m): 10:52am On Dec 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Stop reasoning like a child, this is not about north or west......

........so stop spewing rubbish about North or South West not wanting a Him to rule over them. Learn to keep up with history ok.

my God! Did he just say this?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by ckkris: 10:52am On Dec 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

For two years running, GEJ, a PhD holder cannot put together a sensible budget that makes sense,

GEJ had the peoples will to crush the old guards after the elections. The atmosphere was ripe for it, the people were looking forward to it.

HUNGARY MAN. You expect that in ONLY TWO YEARS, President Jonathan would restructure Nigeria, revamp infrastructures that Obasanjo damaged almost irreparably, establish level economic grounds for businesses to thrive, and begin to generate employments, so YOU CAN ENJOY NIGERIA. In just two years.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Tonylyte(m): 10:54am On Dec 31, 2013
qtx: by the way all of you calling for coup or war, remember if your not from naija delta, ur finished, bc US and other world powers can never support the side that has nothing to offer. they have being doing it all over the world, bc of the oil they will support naija delt and win the war for them. na only hunger go finish those of us from other regions. bc ones it starts, naija delta will insist on being on their own and the world super powers will be behind them for the oil and before you say jack Robinson the country will disintegrate.
So lets talk with sense.
rotflmfao! Na so you dey fear reach?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by pistol: 11:01am On Dec 31, 2013
Abagworo: Nigeria needs a change of regime. That's the only thing that will save many politicians from being slaughtered in 2015. Obasanjo will however survive as usual because he has exonerated himself by writing the letter.

The only other solution is for Jonathan and other politicians to perform miraculously well in the next one and half years left so that they can win a free and fair election. Rigging won't work in 2015.

I couldn't help but reply your comment..
So you have sold your soul to the devil over a porridge of stew.
Tufiakwa....how I wish I will meet you to knock some sense back to your demented soul...
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by clint77ng: 11:02am On Dec 31, 2013
fiizznation: these pple r desperate• They dnt even want to wait till 2015 again b4 they boot GEJ outta aso-rock

They r planning and a coup is about to happen.

The old generals r angry•

Whoever thinks that a coup can't be possible in 2014 is simply ignorant and f00lish.

Nobody prays for the khaki boys to come back. But any attempt by GEJ to rig the 2015 election, That's if he even last in d seat of power till that year, will only lead to big crisis which ll invite the army boys to seize power•

And If coup happens today, nobody ll go to the street to revolt, because everybody is tired of GEJ government•

Also for those of u that ll try to revolt or stage any silly revolution, I tell u the khaki boys ll only use u to mop the floor. And u folks also know that•

Anyway I ll be at my home in texas, watching on CNN/BBC/EURO NEWS how the soldiers ll be sh00ting ur big heads and ugly faces•
cry
Taa mechia onu. Ozu ala bekee.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 11:02am On Dec 31, 2013
ckkris: HUNGARY MAN. You expect that in ONLY TWO YEARS, President Jonathan would restructure Nigeria, revamp infrastructures that Obasanjo damaged almost irreparably, establish level economic grounds for businesses to thrive, and begin to generate employments, so YOU CAN ENJOY NIGERIA. In just two years.

They say the way a man lay his bed would determine how He would sleep on it. No one expected Him to restructure nigeria as we all know He did not possess that level of political intelligence, brevity and smartness to do so, though examples abound in the world where leaders have changed their nation in 18months for the good.

Nonetheless Nigerians expected Him to do the needful by ensuring that some of sound economic reforms already put in place are strengthened, real terms development begin to take shape and His government lives and sleeps as the peoples government. Alas! What we are seeing is the complete opposite.

I thought the stark revelations by Okonjo Iweala about the mere 1.6millions jobs was a good shot on oneself that clearly punctures your so called economic revamp claims on NL.

Nigerians are tired of them ore you look the less you see. They want proper government and they want CHANGE!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by vislabraye(m): 11:03am On Dec 31, 2013
Tonylyte:
so obj should be spared becos he wrote "the letter"? After all the curruptions? The massacre of nigerians? Are u high on solution? Gej cn aswell loot our money, kill nigerians and write "the letter" and be justified.

Nigerians have short memory and that's our problem. OBJ is one of the people who have put this country where it is. The blood of Bola Ige is still crying for vengeance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets Abdulsalami, Cardinal Onaiyekan & Others In Aso Rock (Photos) / 2019 General Elections In Jeopardy As Card Reader Loses Out To Presidency / Nigeria At 60: Independence Day Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.