Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere (26359 Views)

Another Election Postponement Would Be A Coup - Buhari / Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) / Lagos Plans To Instigate Nationwide Petrol Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 9:38am On Dec 31, 2013
jmaine:

Most of what you raised are easily debatable, but it will only lead to a derailment of the thread. But it might please you to not make bold claims like the highlighted you can't defend.
Tell me, what or how do you address a president who goes to a section of the country and tell them that they are the backbone of His government?

How do you address a president who makes appointments to spike diverse groups? Or do you think we have forgotten Azaziz replacement sooner? It is obvious to any keen political observe in Nigeria that GEJ has been using the kill and divide tactics to rule Nigeria, by planting moles to break ranks and cause disarray where there was none hitherto.

Even we the South South people hardly get such a comment from Mr President! Any wonder why it appears that it is only the Ijaws and ibos that are raising their voices for GEJ? Ever asked yourself why other major tribes in South South are mute and watching?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by olas24u(f): 9:40am On Dec 31, 2013
Passing Shot:

Who is talking about Yinka here? When has Yinka become Afenifere the Socio-political group? And what do you mean by the bolded? Oh I see, you feel older than anyone who doesn't agree with your line of thought. It's a pity!

A National discussion make sense and you ask yourself why some people dont want it despite being in power for so long.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 31, 2013
Passing Shot: This is the real difference between the Yorubas and the other segements of the country - not minding calling their own to order irrespective of his/her status in the society. Afenifere or any other socio-political group in the SW will not support OBJ's letter for whatever reason. Yes, some may allign with the General individually but as a collective entity, the Yorubas will not support what is morally wrong.
if other ethnic group can tow this same line Nigeria will be better for it. Just think for a second how the Ijaws and Igbos have contributed to the tension in the air with their careless and irresponsible utterances.
Haven't you noticed people from southeast, southsouth and even some parts of the north openly lambast their non-performing governors on this platform? Have you also noticed how some APC e-warriors from certain part of the country try to shield their non-performing governors because of tribal solidarity?

I think you tried to turn logic on its head. People are just being objective in their assessment of GEJ. And when you assess him objectively (place the good alongside the negatives) you'll realise that the hatred some people have for GEJ cannot be justified. It is hatred that can only be due to tribal bigotry.

16 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 9:42am On Dec 31, 2013
Mexyz: @Omo_Tier, pls speak for yourself, i am also frm the south south. If the northerners or westerners think Gej can't rule them, let them plan the coup well and lets see how it pans out. I don't really understand your unnecessary ranting here.
Stop reasoning like a child, this is not about north or west! It is about incompetence. Simple. Those of us that knew GEJ when He was deputy governor knows why He was kept in the dark by the woman wrapper thief governor who was His boss then.

FYI, we have had a South South person rule a Nigeria albeit for a few days in the person of August Akhioumo when He was VP, so stop spewing rubbish about North or South West not wanting a Him to rule over them. Learn to keep up with history ok.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by olas24u(f): 9:43am On Dec 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Haven't you noticed people from southeast, southsouth and even some parts of the north openly lambast their non-performing governors on this platform? Have you also noticed how some APC e-warriors from certain part of the country try to shield their non-performing governors because of tribal solidarity?

I think you tried to turn logic on its head. People are just being objective in their assessment of GEJ. And when you assess him objectively (place the good alongside the negatives) you'll realise that the hatred some people have for GEJ cannot be justified. It is hatred that can only be due to tribal bigotry.

You got it wrong in you last statement,but his kinsmen did a lot of damage to him in the name of supporting him.The coup if it takes place will be a bloody one.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by greggng: 9:43am On Dec 31, 2013
CFCfan: No coup can succeed in today's Nigeria, as the massive uprising against such an action could lead to a 2nd civil war. Over 14 continuous years of civil rule shouldn't be torpedoed on the whims of some disgruntled, out-of-favor politicians.

Keep quiet nigeria is heading for the rock and the military is the last hope.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 31, 2013
victorazy:

Sharap! Una go dey una house dey yan rubbish. Is Nigeria bigger than US dat are united?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by olas24u(f): 9:44am On Dec 31, 2013
greggng:

Keep quiet nigeria is heading for the rock and the military is the last hope.

So you support military rule?How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by omusiliyu(m): 9:45am On Dec 31, 2013
National conference is a must, afterall they've budgetted #7B for it, or can they avert the money back. 100lawyers cant make such money for 10years, is what some few people will make in few months... NAIGERIYA
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by olas24u(f): 9:45am On Dec 31, 2013
saxywale:

Did you do government in school?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by PassingShot(m): 9:45am On Dec 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

You don't get me. I hate GEJ and his gorvernment with passion if you care to know. But unfortunately, OBJ is as tainted (if not worse than) as GEJ. He is the father monster that created the monster GEJ and as such he cannot have any moral right to write that letter. Let that letter come from someone else and see how people will react to it differently.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by smjoe(m): 9:46am On Dec 31, 2013
Leave Obj alone is a good actor we are all washing them thru d needle eye they all forgot that man is god to man meanning that man rep God on earth.all is vanity!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by qtx(m): 9:48am On Dec 31, 2013
musiwa112: afefenire or yca,ykc etc.. they dont. has no backing , it is just some friend.. it is not a recognized by yoruba culture. just some group of friend. it has no culture anything of significant. it is no based on any yoruba culture or history...

I musiwa. i am of the royal house of oduduwa.. we have the power.. what ever group they call them, they have no power to effect anything.. i have the power to effect and remove the whole area from nigeria by yoruba culture.. i also have the power to remove the whole area by using military strength against the nation of nigeria... i have the power to kick out every non western nigeria out of the military barracks and send them back to their places by force. without given a shiit of what nigeria feels... we have the power to declare war against nigeria.. afefenire or ysc,ykc etc.. they dont.

When you talk to me.. i have the entire royal homes of oduduwa... i am from the house of oduduwa first child... afefenire or ysc,ykc is not a recognized by yoruba culture.. just some people who form them..

we are not formed. we are the culture and custodians of the oduduwa people. we are the real owners of the land and the culture place us as the representative of the people.

Oga weda u are oduduwa himsef or not? forget politics and think straight, they have analysed history and made u to understand that OBJ has been in the biz of writing letters ,criticising govts that do not favour him and later go behind to in one way or the other encourage coup or any other means of toppling the govt of the day. use sense and talk like a human being here. stop ranting bull.shit bro.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by patriotic007: 9:50am On Dec 31, 2013
If anyone tries a coup,....he will be shot,....I trust General Azubuike Ihejirika

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 31, 2013
olas24u:

You got it wrong in you last statement,but his kinsmen did a lot of damage to him in the name of supporting him.The coup if it takes place will be a bloody one.
The support for GEJ is even increasing by the day. There is thread on rating of his administration which Seun refused to bring to the front page because it doesn't favour APC.

Even in sports (eg football) sometimes people tend to support under-dogs to humiliate heavy weights. So the more the heavy weights gang up against GEJ, the more support he gets from the people. This fact is very obvious even on NL. But ethnic champions can continue to delude themselves.

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 9:52am On Dec 31, 2013
olas24u:

Dont you think a national conference makes sense?Cant you read and understand the messages in the article very well.
Every sane Nigerian who is not hungry have made it clear: WE DO NOT NEED ANY NATIONAL CONFERENCE!

The stu.pidity of most of the youth is that they think these gluttons of leaders care a jolt about their existence! The so called national conference is a civil way for those who want to be in command and control to wrestle power from those who they think currently hold it.

We do not need national conference to build super highways
We do not need national conference to build next generation model schools and university
We do not need national conference to build super grids and electricity generating station all over a Nigeria

An Edo man knows too well the things that hurts an ibo man, so when dealing with Him He is careful not to cross that boundary. Same goes for other tribes. So what exactly is the so called national conference going achieve?

Will national conference solve the incessant fight between the itsekiri and Urhobos? Will it solve the lingering war between the binis and the Ijaws? Will the national conference solve the war between the Ezillos and Ezallas or how are they spelt again?

Most of you like to ignore the battle raging at home and start casting aspersions abroad.

What Nigeria need now is a purposeful, corrupt free and development focused government at all levels of governance in a Nigeria not another jamboree of white papers that amounts to nothing?

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by profvic3: 9:55am On Dec 31, 2013
how does dat letter instigate a coup.wot ar diz guys even taking dat is blocking their reasoning process..because OBJ sed d bitter truth wil all knw bt are afraid to speak out az sent Gej butt lickers shivering..smh for Nigeria
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by jmaine: 9:57am On Dec 31, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Tell me, what or how do you address a president who goes to a section of the country and tell them that they are the backbone of His government?

How does the quote mirror your "[size=14pt]Kill and Divide rule[/size]" accusation.

Omo_Tier1:

How do you address a president who makes appointments to spike diverse groups? Or do you think we have forgotten Azaziz replacement sooner? It is obvious to any keen political observe in Nigeria that GEJ has been using the kill and divide tactics to rule Nigeria, by planting moles to break ranks and cause disarray where there was none hitherto.

You have got to be kidding us, the country was in a dire security situation and the void of Azazi demise had to be filled ASAP.

And guess what? he chose a Northerner in Col Sambo Dasuki (RTD) a northerner which nullifies your verdict of tribalism on GEJ.

What moles are you even referring to ?

Meanwhile, your post doesn't support your "[size=14pt]Kill and Divide rule[/size]" assertion.

Omo_Tier1:

Even we the South South people hardly get such a comment from Mr President! Any wonder why it appears that it is only the Ijaws and ibos that are raising their voices for GEJ? Ever asked yourself why other major tribes in South South are mute and watching?

Someone else might also be accusing the Yorubas and the core Northerners of tribalism since they are also raising their voices against GEJ, with threats of even violence coming from the "Core North".

Again your "[size=14pt]Kill and Divide rule[/size]" assertion is null in this case.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 9:59am On Dec 31, 2013
omusiliyu: National conference is a must, afterall they've budgetted #7B for it, or can they avert the money back. 100lawyers cant make such money for 10years, is what some few people will make in few months... NAIGERIYA
The amount budget for it clears tells you it is a fraud to begin with! If people truly love nigeria, then let them sacrifice and come to that conference with their own belly! After all, when the committee went round Nigeria, were people paid to come submit their memorandum? Were there not lawyers in those gatherings?

N7bn for group of inconsequential men and women to gather for things we already know, have been discussed and already have practical solutions proposed about is a monumental waste that characterize GEJ's government. To think that less than 10years ago Obasanjo held similar conference with less than N1bn and nothing came out of it, this same GEJ wants to spend x7 of that to hold his own.

How about GEJ spending that N7bn to build two unity ultra merge schools in each zones of the country? I mean that would be something all eyes would see and hands would touch. This He could do within 18 months and Nigerians will forever thank him for it.

GEJ has made governance like a dark art and voodoo science

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Newcrescent(m): 9:59am On Dec 31, 2013
Is this not the same Yinka Odumakin of Save Nigeria Group, now praise-worshipping the Presidency. The one threatening Fire and Brimstone during our struggle of 01.01.2013.

I'm highly dissappointed in him.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by qtx(m): 10:00am On Dec 31, 2013
by the way all of you calling for coup or war, remember if your not from naija delta, ur finished, bc US and other world powers can never support the side that has nothing to offer. they have being doing it all over the world, bc of the oil they will support naija delt and win the war for them. na only hunger go finish those of us from other regions. bc ones it starts, naija delta will insist on being on their own and the world super powers will be behind them for the oil and before you say jack Robinson the country will disintegrate.
So lets talk with sense.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 10:04am On Dec 31, 2013
jmaine:

How does the quote mirror your "[size=14pt]Kill and Divide rule[/size]" accusation.

You have got to be kidding us, the country was in a dire security situation and the void of Azazi demise had to be filled ASAP.

And guess what? he chose a Northerner in Col Sambo Dasuki (RTD) a northerner which nullifies your verdict of tribalism on GEJ.

What moles are you even referring to ?

Meanwhile, your post doesn't support your "[size=14pt]Kill and Divide rule[/size]" assertion.

Someone else might also be accusing the Yorubas and the core Northerners of tribalism since they are also raising their voices against GEJ, with threats of even violence coming from the "Core North".

Again your "[size=14pt]Kill and Divide rule[/size]" assertion is null in this case.
You are wrong! I know you people have short memory because you use your 256mb memory for praise singing. Azaziz was on his way out when crash happened. In fact, those in the known knew Dasuki was already doing His job before Azaziz died... Do not ask me further questions on this lipsrsealed

I know you may not be smart enough to understand what kill and divide rule is. GEJ has always appointed northerners in His cabinet. He has never shyed away from doing so, however, you have to look at the pattern of where and how He appoints them. Same goes fro His appointment in South South.

If not for some reasons, I would have spilled a lot on Oruebebe's appointment and the cycle of in fighting between GEJ and Edwin Clark.

I know most of you are only praise singing because of your stomach... You know very next to nothing what you are praise singing about unfortunately.

Let me ask you this: Do you in your church mind seriously think Nigeria and Nigerians are ever as united today than they were four years ago? Be honest with yourself and tell the truth.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by gramci: 10:08am On Dec 31, 2013
Tell your evil buhari that his time is up. He won't smell power again either by crook or hook

GenBuhari:
I think it is interesting Thief Obasanjo may be coup baiting.
When you have such stolen money statched away as he has, he must be starting to get very nervous about the prospect of a Buhari government getting into power and it is quite possible that in his desperation he may be contemplating a retaining power by any means even if it meant sponsoring another military coup especially giving that his influence over GEJ seems to be waning.

I think that there is an argument for military rule in a country like Nigeria ( but not one sponsored by criminals like Thief Obasanjo or Evil Babangida for the sole purpose of their self interests).

If there must be a military coup, then we pray that it take place for the good of the country.

Nigerians are not politically mature enough for democracy as they do not understand a democratic country should not tolerate corruption or rigged elections.

Having said that, democratic elections are preferred option provided they are free and fair.

A coup should be in the best interest of the nations and it should be used as a last resort in an emergency situation.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by tomber(m): 10:08am On Dec 31, 2013
MILITARY GOV, DEMOCRACY and the cycle of corruption

In military gov. Corruption abounds, if anybody sees it his mouth must b shot if not, he'll b shot.
In Democracy Corruption abounds. If info leaks, noise is made, letters are written, e-lord go into battle. the thieves win all the way.
Then friends of the military make the loudest noise. so gullible ppl thing democracry doesn't pay. They assume a sit-down look approach while military takes over and there we go again.

People will always b corrupt and irrational until a working sys curbs them. It takes years for a working system to be built( either democracy or autocracy). And working sys include change of mindset. Revolutions, coups or protest wud not bring a change till the minds of the ppl change. see French rev.tunisia,egypt etc. Well democracy is the reigning thing. Atleast we can say our minds( even if nobody is listening sometimes ) and gradually things will change. well the earlier we settle for democracy and face our real challenges together the better.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:12am On Dec 31, 2013
Dem burrows: Gej is already on top of the matter, right now a gud number of them Generals are no longer in control of them battalions. So thou shall not weary of an eminent coup.
Sai Gej ©2015-2019 ..if you near.
To hell with your generals. Have you ever seen a general lead a coup. Coups are led by middle-rank officers.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Tonylyte(m): 10:13am On Dec 31, 2013
It seem all dis old men pulling this cntry bk aint ready to die now. We must force them to die now! Coupe ko? Soup ni!
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by mindurword(m): 10:14am On Dec 31, 2013
[quote author=Omo_Tier1]

I beg to disagree with you on this one. So long as Nigerians are hungry, coup will always succeed in Nigeria. Though I for one do not subscribe to it, however, the manner in which the current president has handled the affairs of the nation has no doubt sent the right signals to the exotic coup plotters to start thinking what next!

Nigerians love life too much so any bullet, followed by Ghana must go will silent their mouth forever cool.

I have said it here repeatedly, if GEJ continues with His die hard posture come Q1 2014, by Q2 2014, GEJ will be history as far as Aso rock is concerned and average Nigerians will not pity Him.

His greatest undoing was to polarize Nigeria along ethnic and religious line. Never has Nigeria been this polarized and I pray never again will it be.

[/quote Are you sure of what you are thinking
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 10:14am On Dec 31, 2013
New crescent:

Is this not the same Yinka Odumakin of Save Nigeria Group, now praise-worshipping the Presidency. The one threatening Fire and Brimstone during our struggle of 01.01.2013.

I'm highly dissappointed in him.
Those of us who knew him very well closed our mouth because we knew exactly what will follow next. A man that has never had a proper job, has never been known to have worked in any capacity in a formal job, always hobnobbing with those in power.

When did He begin to claim activist? Was it not after the Late Gani's travail? Have you ever heard the same Yinka challenged the LG chairman from the council He hails from? have you ever heard Him challenge the councillor, house of assembly members or even governor of His state? Why? Because they know his wardrobe and what is in it! He himself also knows He will never get mega billions contract from these lots. Charity they say begins at home... So why if truly He means good governance, would you not expect Him to start from His own home?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by OmoTier1(m): 10:15am On Dec 31, 2013
[quote author=mindurword][/quote]
First go learn how to quote on NL before jumping into issues you have no clue about cool
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by lakesider(m): 10:15am On Dec 31, 2013
Yinka odumakin.i saw him after he got his gana must go in aso rock
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by Wininlight(m): 10:16am On Dec 31, 2013
Shameless are the voices who support the disintegration of Nigeria, for we have no home other than Nigeria. For to conceive thoughts and to will belong to man but the answers belongs to God almigthy who is interested in the affairs of men, else even Obasanjo would have rote in jail under General Abacha's command.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter Is An Attempt To Instigate A Coup - Afenifere by yomi007k(m): 10:18am On Dec 31, 2013
gboss4sure: Let OBJ bring on whatever he has, let the coup plotters bring it on, we are ready at anytime and at anyday. The day anyother coup takes place in Nigeria marks the end of Nigeria
Na lie be dat one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Neutralize Several Boko/ISWAP Terrorists In Yobe State (Photos) / Olusegun Obasanjo Arrives Maiduguri For A 2-Day Visit (Photos) / Northwest, Northeast Top Bribery Prevalence Rate In Nigeria- NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.