Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69343 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 12:08am On Jan 05, 2014
Afam4eva:
Igbo was spoken in Xmen, Bruce Almighty, Rising of the sun etc.
Ok maybe.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 05, 2014
TVT KOKO: Please just try YORUBA!. Dat language is so swt dat i always feel d pain dat my mum being yoruba, didn't marry a yoruba and went to marry one ar$e-hole man,frm an arsé-hole tribe!

It pains me when those ar$e-hole pple use dere arsë-hole name to call an årse-hole me, Because i'm an ærse-hole! Yuck !

Your mom has done a lot of brainwashing on you. Let me ask you, is you Dad still alive

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Simplestone(f): 12:08am On Jan 05, 2014
Yoruba and urhobo is easy to understand
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by binhozie(m): 12:09am On Jan 05, 2014
Its a fallacy to claim English is one of the easiest languages to speak my brother tell yourself the truth. That language is difficult. Same spelling, different pronunciation, different meaning
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tonylyte(m): 12:11am On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=whistle'me'][/quote]
lol
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 12:13am On Jan 05, 2014
Preboy: lost? I've watched it from starting till end 24 hours? season 1 to 3, pls mention episode and season....
. and pls watch xmen; wolverine's origin, they attacked an Igbo village and a white dude had to interpret the language
Have watched xmen origin, yeah its true. As for 24hours made a mistake.

But as for Lost series there is a yoruba guy Mr. Eko a drug smuggler from Nigeria he has a brother Yemi.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Eko

Lol did you watched Lost at all?

This same guy acted in OZ series as yoruba guy.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 12:20am On Jan 05, 2014
Afam4eva:
O boy we don hear now. How many times you go talk abi you wan release album on top am?

SEY E DEY PAIN U NI.... WHEN U SABI SAY I DEY YAN THE TRUTH WHY U CON DEY ARGUE ON TOP AM......

YORUBA THE BEST TRIBE EVER WITH GOOD CULTURE...
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by nijanigga: 12:23am On Jan 05, 2014
I'm federal character, speak ,Hausa, Ibo and Yoruba, my full names are :Haruna Ikechukwu Yinka .
Trust me Hausa is the easiest to learn and understand.
Hausa Ibo Yoruba
Zo Bear Wa
Uwa nma Iya'
ruwa nmiri omi
ina kwana ibo la chi e ka ro
barawo on ya ra ole

Nzobu nzobu nzobu eyinba eyin eyin....

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 05, 2014
tintingz: Have watched xmen origin, yeah its true. As for 24hours made a mistake.

But as for Lost series there is a yoruba guy Mr. Eko a drug smuggler from Nigeria he has a brother Yemi.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Eko

Lol did you watched Lost at all?

This same guy acted in OZ series as yoruba guy.
was it dat dude dat was asking for forgiveness before he was killed, although I didn't watched the entire 6 seasons starting to end, I get work for house na
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 05, 2014
From the three major languages: Hausa is the easiest(no accent on the top or bottom for example) after Hausa is Yoruba. Then after Yoruba is Igbo. Igbo doesn't look that easy to me.

...as for the nicest, I do not know. All I know is that if not for the fact that most Yorubas end up shouting badly when they are speaking the language, it would have been very very nice as it sounds song like when you speak it without shouting.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:34am On Jan 05, 2014
op, table in Igbo is "oche enu".
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 05, 2014
victorazy:

Bia nwa, ibu onye nzuzu
haha ona dika tipa bu aja
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Lordave: 12:43am On Jan 05, 2014
Igbo lang was spoken in Xmen-wolverine, tears of the sun and one chinese film like that.

I think language simplicity is based on how much interest u have for it. As an Igbo guy born and brought up in Aba, I would say my Igbo (Aba Igbo) is the sweetest and simplest lang in Naija. Honestly people have always asked me if it's Igbo am speaking and which part of Ibo land I come from while speaking Igbo. Any Aba brought up or anybody closer to someone from Aba can confirm this.

I have always spoken my Igbo lang with pride and would continue to do so no matter where I'm, no matter the people that so round me.

Those saying Hausa can't be correct, though, I would have loved to speak Hausa but I find Yoruba more interesting and useful. Have spent 6 years in Abuja, yet I understand Yoruba more than Hausa. Hausa is too rigid and stressful, you must know that some words are feminine and some are masculine, when you make a simple mistake in Hausa, eg, you want to abuse a girl and said "shege" instead of "shegiya" , the nearest Hausa dude beside you will tell u that you are abusing yourself. In hausa there is a feminine word for "foolish" etc. I just can't learn that language. And the fact that more people speak Hausa than Igbo and Yoruba does not mean that Hausa is the simplest among them, more people speak hausa because majority of hausas can hardly say a word of English, most people are forced to learn Hausa because the Hausas do not want to learn English.

6 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by MShelina(f): 12:47am On Jan 05, 2014
I'm Ibo but Hausa language rocks...very interesting, friendly and easy to learn.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tayeni(m): 12:49am On Jan 05, 2014
Hausa is the easiest to learn. i can count from one to one million in Hausa . but can hardly count to twenty in my mother tongue lipsrsealed one more task to add to my "newyear resolutions". ........task number dubu daya da dari takwas: learn to count in mother tongue.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by waxingmoon: 12:56am On Jan 05, 2014
Lordave: Igbo lang was spoken in Xmen-wolverine, tears of the sun and one chinese film like that.

I think language simplicity is based on how much interest u have for it. As an Igbo guy born and brought up in Aba, I would say my Igbo (Aba Igbo) is the sweetest and simplest lang in Naija. Honestly people have always asked me if it's Igbo am speaking and which part of Ibo land I come from while speaking Igbo. Any Aba brought up or anybody closer to someone from Aba can confirm this.

I have always spoken my Igbo lang with pride and would continue to do so no matter where I'm, no matter the people that so round me.

Those saying Hausa can't be correct, though, I would have loved to speak Hausa but I find Yoruba more interesting and useful. Have spent 6 years in Abuja, yet I understand Yoruba more than Hausa. Hausa is too rigid and stressful, you must know that some words are feminine and some are masculine, when you make a simple mistake in Hausa, eg, you want to abuse a girl and said "shege" instead of "shegiya" , the nearest Hausa dude beside you will tell u that you are abusing yourself. In hausa there is a feminine word for "foolish" etc. I just can't learn that language. And the fact that more people speak Hausa than Igbo and Yoruba does not mean that Hausa is the simplest among them, more people speak hausa because majority of hausas can hardly say a word of English, most people are forced to learn Hausa because the Hausas do not want to learn English.
Gbam!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by peter4d2(m): 1:03am On Jan 05, 2014
waxing_moon:
Gbam!
Another Gbam
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by horchukoh(m): 1:05am On Jan 05, 2014
Yoruba right urhobo wrong urhobo to me i believed is very hard to speak but easy to understand my mum speaks urhobo to me every time we interact but i always find it hard to reply her back in urhobo as for yoruba i can speak yoruba fluently may be because i grew up in lagos.
Simplestone: Yoruba and urhobo is easy to understand
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by horchukoh(m): 1:09am On Jan 05, 2014
Simplestone: Yoruba and urhobo is easy to understand
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 05, 2014
Nonybb: It cant be True. U have to stay in Igbo land for atleast a year to learn to speak igbo

But the guy said he spent 1 yr there. Abi u no read his post ? Just asking!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by gothrones(m): 1:20am On Jan 05, 2014
Preboy: really? cus yoruba sounds like they are fighting world war 3..... come see ODE
Tonylyte: olodo! You are a 5star phool 4 posting dis.

[img]http://detroittransplant.files./2011/05/why-you-mad-bro.jpg?w=594[/img]
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 05, 2014
chei:

Yoruba is easy to learn of the three major languages. Hausa comes next. Igbo is the hardest!

You can never fully understand up to 60 percent of the Igbo language unless you live in an Igbo village for up to three years. Its quite annoying.

Not really true. I ve got cousins who were born and bred in Lagos, yet they can't speak the language. They are well in their 30s.

It is a combination of some factors. Interest, knack for languages, etc. if u leave me in Yoruba land for 100 yrs, I cannot learn. I schooled in different parts of naija and couldn't pick up nothing. Haven't got the gift and may be interest. Not good with languages.

I know some people who only need to spend a year or so anywhere and they are ready to rock and roll.

Besides, any language u can learn in a year is very easy, in my opinion.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:35am On Jan 05, 2014
Tobetoe: I must say dat English is among d world's easiest language and also its d most broad.. I believe until d advent of English to naija, we have been communicating better.. There ar still words which ar hard to translate frm English to our local lang. And frm our local lang. to English. I found it hard to know wat TABLE is called in IGBO(pls pls, can someone help me wit it). .xo English is easy and simple to learn.

Unlike our different dialect in niaja,for example ,my mom reads igbo Bible,but wen i looked at it,brotherly ,i tried to murmur out some words, it wasnt fun at all , ,I open dis thread to get to know our opinions on d easiest Nigerian lang.

I have lived in benin for 6 years,d bini lang. dat i know how to utter ar d greeting formalities ,dooo,domur sir,eeye wacoyo,worsunu and others, .i also believe ,assuming i had lived in d west,maybe i would being fluent in yoruba. . And my own language(igbo) nt dat easy oo,cos there ar many versions of igbo ,d typical main igbo ar found in Imo state, i speak little of anambra and delta igbo combined .i got dis problem be4. In ma town this two words ARA and ALA were misinterpreted as BREAST and MADNESS respectively,buh at my teenage time dat i found dat ARA means madness and ALA being breast. .common trend wit d igbo's and d yoruba's . . So Nlander's lets open d floor of d house, . D easiest Nigerian language to learn perfectly . .hmm, i got wit IGBO. .and wat do u y'all think of hausa,urhobo,isoko,bini,izon,and d host of others.

Firstly,where are you from ?
Secondly,what do you mean by "the typical main Igbo are found in Imo" ?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 1:38am On Jan 05, 2014
nicky-osborne:
yoruba is definitely d easiest language to learn....cos am am ibo boy bt i speak yoruba more fluently dan igbo

Did u grow up in the east, west, or north? If u grew up in the west, it doesn't matter whether u are Igbo or ibibio, u will learn Yoruba if u are interested.

I have an idea that the three main languages are easily picked up by people but that could be as a result of their popularity or influence as per them being the major ones .
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 1:43am On Jan 05, 2014
Hausa is the easiest,Yoruba is easier while Igbo is easy !!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 05, 2014
Mrkuvuki:

The reason you see an ibo man speaking both Hausa and yoruba.....and not seeing yoruba and Hausa ppl speak ibo is cos you hardly see a yoruba man in the south East and even when u see the hausa's they form some kinda union/bonding amongst themselves limiting interaction to only business dealings....but a couple of them still speak ibo ,when I was in awka,Anambra state we had a Musa guy that speaks ibo fluently, I was amazed ,also in Abuja there's a mustapha dude that refers himself as Obi ,speaks ibo fluently and most ibo ppl that have dealings in Kano solicits his help for their business....
All languages can be grasped as long u find Your self within a location where is spoken wella..I still think Hausa is simplest followed by yoruba...I won't place ibo anywhere cos its my mother tongue

Well spoken!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by SpcAgtOko: 2:00am On Jan 05, 2014
sexyteeola: Yoruba is the easiest language .....

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by KMB: 2:06am On Jan 05, 2014
TVT KOKO: Please just try YORUBA!. Dat language is so swt dat i always feel d pain dat my mum being yoruba, didn't marry a yoruba and went to marry one ar$e-hole man,frm an arsé-hole tribe!

It pains me when those ar$e-hole pple use dere arsë-hole name to call an årse-hole me, Because i'm an ærse-hole! Yuck !

eeya pele. Just be awaiting an arsehole slap and an arsehole pain grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by U90INDIVERSIT(m): 2:31am On Jan 05, 2014
HAUSA......KAI!!!! MININI......

AM IN LOVE WITH THIS LANGUAGIA EHH...

ABUKWA M NWA AFOR IGBO.....BUT HAUSA LANGUAGE MAKES ME GO GAGA!!!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Ruq: 2:38am On Jan 05, 2014
Very few peolpe know dat even the phrase commonly used this days was derived from Yoruba. The phrase that always have life in it.

Fool of life - Ode Aiye
Slap of life - Ifoti Aiye
Boo of life - Ololufe Aiye.

Just so you know

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Opiosko: 3:56am On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: The ibos on this thread dont want to admit that yoruba is the easiest language in nigeria simply because of their hate for awolowo... instead they chose hausa .
Igbos are a well traveled folks and should be better informed on the matter. As u can see they are not saying Igbo is d easiest unlike u who sees everytin with a tribal lens. U are like a cripple who says his mother's soup is sweetest becuase he has never tasted another. Ndoo!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.