Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:33 PM

Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? (5081 Views)

Advice Needed. Finding It Difficult To Get A Girlfriend. / Finding It Difficult To Fall In Luv Again..... / Why Do Nigerian Girls Find It Hard To Take Themselves Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by HCH3COO: 4:36am On Aug 06, 2008
topup:

You have a habit of giving me orders and telling me what to do.

In fact since I have no problem with explaining myself. The explanation is I was writing in response to how we began this battle and then the idea came to me to use my other account on a non-nairaland forum to ask the general public what their opinions were on the words you wrote.

Keep up,
Lol! You do seem like a nice girl; smart too. How is that for an insult? I praised you and criticized you, but you have a hard time with the criticism.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by topup: 4:40am On Aug 06, 2008
davidylan:

Call me whatever suits you. smiley

you can't always know if you have something good but here's my test . . . if the good far outweigh the bad, if you find yourself loving him/her stronger despite their flaws, if you find yourself genuinely concerned about that person's wellbeing, if that person just makes you light up both in their presence and absence then hold it like its your life. wink

Shadang!! That is exactly it. Not to worry, we are both young, time will never deceive me, apart from the fact that we're not really communicating am willing to wait it out. I don't want to sound like I'm picking on the guy, what I mean by 'he wasn't anything special' or 'I fabricated his qualities' is that he did what every typical boyfriend should do and nothing more, he didn't leave me with that feeling of completeness, I just felt secure having a guy, it was good reason to stay in watch movies, kiss someone, be romantic, care for someone plus more tongue
He does make me light up, but in a way my friends do, they excite me and I become extremely jubliant and vibrant, I was always more concerned about his wellbeing, even after the breakup I was scared he was truly hurt (didn't look it),

Anyways, like I said a million times, only time will tell, I'll have to wait this one out, and hopefully even if it is my first love, I am able to maturely say what happened was for the best and move on. I don't have that belief that there is one person out there for everybody, I believe it depends a lot of time, place, money and the maturity of the two people, someone you think is THE ONE now may not be when you find out you're job requires you to move abroad, or you don't have enough funds to upkeep your LD relationship etc,

Thanks for sharing, now I'm alert. My eyes peeled back, when love hits the scene, I'll raise the alarm!
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by topup: 4:43am On Aug 06, 2008
HCH3COO:

Lol! You do seem like a nice girl; smart too. How is that for an insult? I praised you and criticized you, but you have a hard time with the criticism.

Dare I smile, what a turnaround! I had a hard time with the criticism because I felt I could sense underlying reasons to your points, not that you were adressing the points but addressing me through the points, hope that came out right.

I mean you were trying to assess me through the relationship with my ex and not the relationship with my ex.

Thank you.
I don't have a hard time with praises grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by topup: 4:44am On Aug 06, 2008
What was life like before quotes? cool
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by HCH3COO: 4:51am On Aug 06, 2008
topup:

Dare I smile, what a turnaround! I had a hard time with the criticism because I felt I could sense underlying reasons to your points, not that you were adressing the points but addressing me through the points, hope that came out right.

I mean you were trying to assess me through the relationship with my ex and not the relationship with my ex.

Thank you.
I don't have a hard time with praises grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You should smile. I dare you to smile. “Don't cry for a man who's left you, the next one may fall for your smile.”
The underlying reasons for my thoughts are not to be met with spite. Would you like to continue discussing the earlier sentence? I still maintain my stance.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by topup: 4:55am On Aug 06, 2008
HCH3COO:

You should smile. I dare you to smile. “Don't cry for a man who's left you, the next one may fall for your smile.”
The underlying reasons for my thoughts are not to be met with spite. Would you like to continue discussing the earlier sentence? I still maintain my stance.

I have never heard/read that before, something new smiley (I think I will keep it.)

You still maintain your stance?!??!! Now don't mind me, but I'm starting to label you as stubborn, go on prove me wrong, give in!! grin

Which is the earlier sentence, I've lost track, the one about the cake, the breakup or the quotes?

There's only so much you can say on the topic of quotes,
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by HCH3COO: 4:58am On Aug 06, 2008
topup:

I have never heard/read that before, something new smiley (I think I will keep it.)

You still maintain your stance?!??!! Now don't mind me, but I'm starting to label you as stubborn, go on prove me wrong, give in!! grin

Which is the earlier sentence, I've lost track, the one about the cake, the breakup or the quotes?

There's only so much you can say on the topic of quotes,

Stubborn, possessive, oh the comparisons. . . but I won't go on an emotional tirade to prove you wrong.
Sentence on cruelty.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by topup: 5:13am On Aug 06, 2008
You still never told me what sematics are,

As for the sentence on cruelty, I don't think I have more to say. I believe the evidence is there if anyone needs to refer to it. Let them make a judgement. Let them decide which is the correct interpretation. I accept that you didn't intend it to mean that way, however like I said before that's how it reads and 99.9% of people would read it that way too. I'm running out of energy to pursue this 'til eternity.

At least we can agree that break ups are bad. lol Where's oyinye2 and others?
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by HCH3COO: 5:27am On Aug 06, 2008
The evidence suggests that it is the most sensible response you can make of it, but I have managed to provide another one.  Do you know that evidence sometimes wrongly accuses people of murder?  It was an imperative one-word sentence.  Technically speaking, a sentence is supposed to contain a subject and a verb. 

I don't know where oniynye and co are.  They will be back soon.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by topup: 5:37am On Aug 06, 2008
Hahaha touche indeed, now THAT I agree with, lucky for you you didn't use full sentences for that little bit of your original post (3 pages back), this gives more room for you to interpret the whole text, or whether you want to decipher it in bits. I still think though sometimes the meaning is so clear any other is highly unlikely, I would bet that despite what you meant, the sentence read as I explained, but I'd admit to a 1% chance it could mean what you wanted it to mean, though I still think your interpretation is far fetched and you'd be better off rephrasing the whole thing altogether than claiming an alternative meaning.

Off to snooze now,

Take care all smiley
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by HCH3COO: 5:54am On Aug 06, 2008
topup:

Hahaha touche indeed, now THAT I agree with, lucky for you you didn't use full sentences for that little bit of your original post (3 pages back), this gives more room for you to interpret the whole text, or whether you want to decipher it in bits. I still think though sometimes the meaning is so clear any other is highly unlikely, I would bet that despite what you meant, the sentence read as I explained, but I'd admit to a 1% chance it could mean what you wanted it to mean, though I still think your interpretation is far fetched and you'd be better off rephrasing the whole thing altogether than claiming an alternative meaning.

Off to snooze now,

Take care all smiley
That was the purpose of it all. To keep you guessing tongue . goodnight.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by HCH3COO: 1:35am On Aug 07, 2008
It's time to swallow the whinny. Leap out from behind that bush you're hiding and release yourself to another man.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by topup: 5:37am On Aug 07, 2008
HCH3COO:

It's time to swallow the whinny. Leap out from behind that bush you're hiding and release yourself to another man.

You can't be serious!!

Well at least it is positive advice.

Noted.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by HCH3COO: 8:36am On Aug 07, 2008
topup:

You can't be serious!!

Well at least it is positive advice.

Noted.
I'm 100% sure that post made you chuckle. You must have thought your prayers were answered by God.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by babygirlfl: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ poster if you can contact me in anyway or maybe give me anyway to contact u iit will be nice as i would like the two of us to talk as i really know what u r going through now.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by topup: 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2008
the email is YAYAYA I'll have this up for 24hrs, for the convinience of babygirlfl
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by topup: 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2008
HCH3COO:

I'm 100% sure that post made you chuckle. You must have thought your prayers were answered by God.
Yeah, I chuckled because it was another one of your 'say anything to cause a stir' type of responses, and you couldn't just leave it alone. As for the second sentence, I'll be the judge of that,
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by albridge(m): 9:57am On Aug 09, 2008
i understand how you feel. it can be really tough getting over someone you really loved or love. however its achieveable and attainable. it often takes time but you will get there. not sure you ever stop loving someone you loved before. but i think you get to a place where its no more all that romantic mushi stuff with sexual undertones but it just becomes a plain love and appreciation of the person almost like that which you have for a brother or sister just a little diffrent.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by amyliajane(f): 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2008
i totally agree with what onyinye has said, its not easy to get over someone u really love and care abt but u need to let go, its not going to be easy but u have to try, go out more and have people around u that u can chat with, the more u stay alone the more u see urself thinking abt it. wish u quick recovery girl.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by nalijah07(f): 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2008
@ davidlyn - your posts are so endearing. Thanks for the mature responses.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by nuggard(m): 3:07am On Aug 10, 2008
topup, after reading some of your comments I would have sworn that you are my ex, except that she's never surfing the net. cheesy
But then, I would love to think that I was more than the idea of having someone to do romantic things with, gist with and care for. I still keep asking myself if I am willing to "settle" for someone else.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by adex285(m): 8:04am On Aug 10, 2008
would you blame topup,
meeheen the guy/girl still miss his/her Ex and as a mata of fact nobodi doesn't misses them one way or the other.
if you think am lying then talk 2 me,
"i deh wait make i reply any one weh say him no miss his/her Ex"

Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by topup: 11:19pm On Aug 11, 2008
nuggard:

topup, after reading some of your comments I would have sworn that you are my ex, except that she's never surfing the net. cheesy
But then, I would love to think that I was more than the idea of having someone to do romantic things with, gist with and care for. I still keep asking myself if I am willing to "settle" for someone else.

Settle as in? Compromise? Do you want your ex back? Anyways, it gets easier everyday cheesy, I did something very nauthy today and so I'm going to have to reset my 'ignoring my ex' count to zero again!
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by topup: 3:27am On Apr 13, 2009
Hello topup, how are you today??
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by C2H5OH(f): 5:08am On Apr 13, 2009
topup:

Hello topup, how are you today??

Are you okay?

Seriously.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by Nobody: 5:09am On Apr 13, 2009
Was hard to get over C2H5OH undecided

But I finally did
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by C2H5OH(f): 5:15am On Apr 13, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Was hard to get over C2H5OH undecided

But I finally did
I don't give a bit of shit really. I never loved or needed you so I have no idea what you may or may not be feeling.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by Nobody: 5:16am On Apr 13, 2009
C2H5OH:

I don't give a bit of shit really. I never loved or needed you so I have no idea what you may or may not be feeling.
Ouch!! See why I got over you quickly?

I know how we brokeup is making you talk like this. But c'mon, it's been 3 yrs now undecided Get over it
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by C2H5OH(f): 5:26am On Apr 13, 2009
Anything new under the sun? You and your typical antics.  Always seeking attention.

You could never get over me quickly.  If I wanted you I would push. But I have concluded that at this stage in my life I don't need some girl fucking up my mojo.
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by Nobody: 5:27am On Apr 13, 2009
C2H5OH:

Anything new under the sun? You and your typical antics. Always seeking attention.

You could never get over me quickly. If I wanted you I would push. But I have concluded that at this stage in my life I don't need some girl fucking up my mojo.
Attention from you? Wouldn't that be a delight. kiss

If I wanted you, I wouldn't need to push.

Deny it ofcourse. But atleast sustain the civility between us. undecided
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by topup: 5:29am On Apr 13, 2009
Mojo??
Re: Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? by Nobody: 5:30am On Apr 13, 2009
topup:

Mojo??

dntmind my boo jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facebook? The Couple? The Boss? / My Girlfriends Boyfriend Gave Her A Confusing Reply. / True Story: What Would You Have Done?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.