Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (34026 Views)

Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes / Federal Government Is Not Treating Igbo People Right - Yerima / Democracy Or Which System Of Government Is Practice In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 02, 2014
the annoying thing is, he's spent billions on reclaiming an island instead of upgrading sub Urban areas plus, restructuring Lagos in general.. if eko Atlantic becomes actualized, many parts of Lagos will still remain eye sore .

a 100billion spent on restructuring alone, can make Lagos rival Capetown..

shomolu for instance can look like an American neighbourhood in less than 6 months.. implement a simple policy and see the chain reaction.. you don't have to demolish buildings ..

fashola is the clueless one. sad

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by GentleMimi: 8:12am On Jan 02, 2014
aventura: Fashola's government can be likened to the English national team=Hype. He may be among the best governors in a country where mediocrity has replaced excellence but that doesn't mean that his mediocrity would be celebrated by all.

That the op has raised this discussion doesn't mean that his state governor who I think is oshiomhole is better off. Fashola is the topic of discussion here and we should analyze it with an open mind devoid of any bias.

This op should be commended because what I can see is Objective Criticism unlike most folks who resolve in name calling even as calling the President a retard.

"You can fool some of the people some of the time and all the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all of the time". Abraham Lincoln.

I did not say it, Lincoln did and probably he did not know Fashola as at when he said that.

shalom
Beautiful! I wish this forum had more peeps like u.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Reyspin(m): 8:12am On Jan 02, 2014
I laugh when I hear people say they want Fashola as President... These people (almost all ACN/APC Governors) live on Propaganda and hype by Tinubu's Media Houses.... I just pity the way we all go suffer if people like this become President.....

Go to Shomolu, Bariga, Meiran, Dolphin Estate, Ijeh and many more .....

4 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by whitecat007: 8:13am On Jan 02, 2014
It's the natural constitution tied to your tongue on the day you entered this world.

You know your people are not working their butts hard enough to pay enough taxes cos I know some of you slip through the crack. Fashola should make you pay taxes through the nose
jmoore:

Which constitution gave you that information?

Lagos Government collects taxes from only yorubas too?

smh

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Ephramed(m): 8:15am On Jan 02, 2014
In a class of 36 pupils and a student get in an exam 1/100 in a subject.who is the best student in that subject @OP?
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by nwaire: 8:18am On Jan 02, 2014
I think the reason some people who can hardly manage their small office and family come online to criticize this rare gem of a governor is bcoz, Lagos state government has not driven dem back to their poor and clueless governors where they come from, then mandate them to com into the state only through a visa with a development bond of $3k (yes in their country as they may want to claim) funny enough many of this people may even be tax evaders, Lagos is bad Lagos is bad toll dis toll dat, go back to ur state NO, appreciate the work done and encourage to do more NO, just because of the dirty N200 u spend @ d toll u tink u are doin anybody a favour, u want investors right? U tink investors are father chrismass?
'OUR MONEY OUR MONEY'
Who told you u kept any money in LASG pocket
Some Nigerians are just comedians

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by akposking(m): 8:18am On Jan 02, 2014
OP are u a garri prophet.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by maasoap(m): 8:18am On Jan 02, 2014
I have never for once thought that his govt is good. He takes too much from the poor, the masses. Everything about him is how to make more money, and he doesn't care if he spread poverty in doing so. How many empowerment scheme has his govt initiated since 2007? It is all about LASTMA, KAI, and these are the people who force you to part with your hard earned money, you may even lose your life if care is not taken. I hate his style of governance, he lacks compassion for the poor. This is a third world country for God's sake, and this "excellent" man is busy creating poverty instead of wealth. Even in developed economy, UK, US, the govt still try their best not to inflict more pain on the down troddings of their society. Fasola has to develop Lagos, I agree. But, can't he do it in such a way that these people get some kind of compensation? His recently built "suspended" bridge comes to mind. I'm not a fan of his because I don't like his style, period.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by nnacent(m): 8:20am On Jan 02, 2014
what have u done about those governors dat have done nothing?
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by whitecat007: 8:21am On Jan 02, 2014
The answer will be very, very difficult, cos they believe Lagos is the only state in Nigeria
Ephramed: In a class of 36 pupils and a student get in an exam 1/100 in a subject.who is the best student in that subject @OP?
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by bloggernaija: 8:25am On Jan 02, 2014
eaglechild:
You are very ignorant,
Your once "beautiful" city that has been the country's capital for years without which it would have just been another slum.

In any case what all mega cities have in common is diversity.

If you want an all Lagos Yorobar, no need to look too far, just down the road is a slum named Ibadan and not far off is oshogbo, that is your all Yorobar Lagos

it stopped being a capital 20 yrs ago and your capital territory was just a small part if the island.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ba7man(m): 8:26am On Jan 02, 2014
The problems in Lagos State are World Class.

Fashola himself has said it that he can't solve it all and his sucessor will continue from where he's stopped. Lagos might need up to 3 sucessive Govts working at his rate(or higher) to finally get it right.

30 decades of rot can't be wished away so soon. I'll cut him some slack because he's opened the eyes of Nigerians to possiblities and everyone can point at his efforts.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by GentleMimi: 8:27am On Jan 02, 2014
This topic is a front page material,and i admire some matured,well srtuctured and coincise comments here. The childish ones are those ''hinting'' at the influx of other tribes into Lagos. How many of u are from Lagos.You are not a more qualified Lag citizen than the igbo man from across the Niger,nor the hausa man from the north.The fact remains that these same ''immigrants'' have contributed tremendously to the economy of Lagos...and also the slums and degradation.(You cannot seperate the assets from liability in this package)
Fashola did a great job during his first tenure.But truth be told,he has floundered so far. I was opportuned to be at ikotun.That area needs divine intervention.Fashola is only interested in the ''big man'' part of Lagos,not where the common man lives.Its disheartening.I remove my cap for him at his achievements in the first four years as governor.But now,i just SMH!

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Tville(m): 8:29am On Jan 02, 2014
udemzy_udex:
where did u get that info from?
no dey lie for here..
Dude, I suggest you walk up to any reasonable person who teaches in a State-owned secondary school. I don't dish out fibs on Nairaland
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by HowFar: 8:34am On Jan 02, 2014
ba7man:

30 decades of rot can't be wished away so soon.

But yet you apc goons want GEJ to perform miracles,

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by GentleMimi: 8:34am On Jan 02, 2014
nwaire:
I think the reason some people who can hardly manage their small office and family come online to criticize this rare gem of a governor is bcoz, Lagos state government has not driven dem back to their poor and clueless governors where they come from, then mandate them to com into the state only through a visa with a development bond of $3k (yes in their country as they may want to claim) funny enough many of this people may even be tax evaders, Lagos is bad Lagos is bad toll dis toll dat, go back to ur state NO, appreciate the work done and encourage to do more NO, just because of the dirty N200 u spend @ d toll u tink u are doin anybody a favour, u want investors right? U tink investors are father chrismass?
'OUR MONEY OUR MONEY'
Who told you u kept any money in LASG pocket
Some Nigerians are just comedians
Hmmm,infantile. What right do u have to tell peeps to go back to their states. Na u carry them come Lagos? Abi is there a law restricting non-Lagosians from living in Lag? Mbok,park wella! I have every right to criticize ur governor constructively.I pay my tax so what the hell? I should see evidence of my tax money! People spend hours on the road from work each day just b'cos of bad roads and poor drainage.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ichidodo: 8:34am On Jan 02, 2014
eaglechild:
You are very ignorant,
Your once "beautiful" city that has been the country's capital for years without which it would have just been another slum.

In any case what all mega cities have in common is diversity.

If you want an all Lagos Yorobar, no need to look too far, just down the road is a slum named Ibadan and not far off is oshogbo, that is your all Yorobar Lagos.

Apt response bro,myopic individuals assume Lagos metropolis was built entirely by the efforts of the yorobarr forgetin it was an FG enclave for decades,if they want to see what a Yorobarr built lagos will look like dilapidated towns e.g Akure,Ibadam etc are perfect examples. Now who the hell wants to live there??
@topic.Fashola's second term has been a terrible fiasco, a Govt for the rich is a charade

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by niyitogun(m): 8:50am On Jan 02, 2014
Wow! Am impressed! Seeing such constructive posts and comments on NL (except the childish go back to your state, who is your own governor posts)...Nice one UYI and also the moderator who moved this to the front page, couldn't agree with you more going by the amount of internal revenue generated and federal allocation to Lagos. Happy 2014.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ketoprofen(m): 8:57am On Jan 02, 2014
lacasa: Can u imagine the effrontery of this Op angry

Talking abt housing and sanitation in lagos.

When each hour, droves and droves of endless buses filled with inbound migrants coming mostly from the east, make it an impossible task for Fashola to manage rising population into the state, with despicable hygiene and sanitary habits that follow these expansionists along, Why wouldn't you type nonsense and berate Fashola and his govt? angry

Btw, name ur own governor who has done so much better than Fashola, so we know

#. . . Mtscheew!

We all know the ppl that are known for despicable sanitary habits.
More of those ngbatis lazying in Lagos should go, they give bad impression of Nigeria.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ketoprofen(m): 8:58am On Jan 02, 2014
luvinhubby: Considering the small piece of land called Lagos, the amount of money generated by the 60% of Nigeria`s business located their and it`s attendant inflow as IGR to the state, considering also that input justifies or condemns output,.... Fashola is a failure.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by meforyou1(m): 9:01am On Jan 02, 2014
Fashola is a failure in capital letters. All these osundefenders should go and sit down. Typical Yoruba attitude - suffering and smiling.
Worst is that yorubas don't have culture. That's why an ijebu man from Ogun state will live in lagos, marry in lagos, die and get buried in a lagos cemetery. Shame.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by whitecat007: 9:05am On Jan 02, 2014
I know that the below was typed to console yourself and no way you Atounrinwas actually believe you have the same right to the land. What is still working in your favor is Yoruba have not stopped selling land to you people like other parts of the countries are currently doing. I know it's just a matter of time before that too will go the way of " don't rent out to ibos". Just pray that Yoruba will keep putting on with your shitts. Yoruba hold the yam and the knife and when they choose to use it, even the drunken united nation won't be able to save you.

GentleMimi: This topic is a front page material,and i admire some matured,well srtuctured and coincise comments here. The childish ones are those ''hinting'' at the influx of other tribes into Lagos. How many of u are from Lagos.You are not a more qualified Lag citizen than the igbo man from across the Niger,nor the hausa man from the north.The fact remains that these same ''immigrants'' have contributed tremendously to the economy of Lagos...and also the slums and degradation.(You cannot seperate the assets from liability in this package)
Fashola did a great job during his first tenure.But truth be told,he has floundered so far. I was opportuned to be at ikotun.That area needs divine intervention.Fashola is only interested in the ''big man'' part of Lagos,not where the common man lives.Its disheartening.I remove my cap for him at his achievements in the first four years as governor.But now,i just SMH!
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by farolee(m): 9:08am On Jan 02, 2014
rozayx5: Fashola, Governor from the rich, for the rich and by the rich

all hype, the only major road project is tolled, the only major bridge is tolled and you expect me to praise him for something am paying to use

recently a thread showed all of nigeria's nice looking roads, and only tolled one was in Lagos and only in Lekki and nowhere else, why did fashola not toll a road in Ajegunle

people praising Fashola are very shallow people who dont ask themselves questions

you use public funds to build a road and bridge and you toll the public again
Nothing like water, good drainage, e.t,c or reasonable schools just media projects and open gutters enriched with dirt unimaginable - the only completed school is the brown painted one agbameta posts from 100 different angles and dances around woshiping his paymaster
shocked shocked

Goodluck to Lagos with your milking Tinubu and his houseboy, he can fool them but not me

the road below is just off the tolled lekki-epe and its begging for renovation just less than a KM from the toll gates but the government cant see it, cause there is no money to be made from renovating this.
when the average lagosian buys water to bath and wash, later some one will come online and fool himself/herself praising the scam govt

and a street in Uyo with good drainage and daily sweeping by the ministry of environment , a 35,000 seat stadium nearing completion- but we dont make noise - agbameta and his cohorts call Uyo a village is this not a shame

Think B4 you talk, what is the polulation of Uyo ?
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ba7man(m): 9:09am On Jan 02, 2014
How Far?:

But yet you apc goons want GEJ to perform miracles,
G.E.J has not being able to convince me that he knows what he's doing.

He fixes one thing and wrecks three.

The "world record" oil theft, how he avoids tackling corruption, how his party is falling apart under him, how his statements cause division, his silence over pressing issues, the unexplained drastic increase in subsidy payments etc doesn't exactly evoke confidence in him.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by nnacent(m): 9:10am On Jan 02, 2014
Its disappointing dat most nigerians Dont have problem solving skills using simple logic. Simple questions u can ask is, how come oda governors n fg are doing close to nothing. The truth is that we live in a country where even the smallest devt. is so difficult to achieve due to a national lifestyle of self-centerdness. yet d only gov. who has steppd on many toes, went against all odds to achieve some meaningful progress is d one who has been singled out for criticism. SMH

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ba7man(m): 9:14am On Jan 02, 2014
And if you ask the people criticizing him here to name a better performing Governor..........I wonder the name's they'll call.

It reminds me of @Agbameta's thread in which he compared Akpabio and Fashola in terms of achievements.

I've always known Fashola was better but i never knew the gap was that much.

If you have a better Governor, pls list so that we can compare achievements.

It will be fun doing that.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by GentleMimi: 9:16am On Jan 02, 2014
whitecat007: I know that the below was typed to console yourself and no way you Atounrinwas actually believe you have the same right to the land. What is still working in your favor is Yoruba have not stopped selling land to you people like other parts of the countries are currently doing. I know it's just a matter of time before that too will go the way of " don't rent out to ibos". Just pray that Yoruba will keep putting on with your shitts. Yoruba hold the yam and the knife and when they choose to use it, even the drunken united nation won't be able to save you.

Oh keep mute already! Why wldn't they keep up wif the shiit we dish out? We pay them to do so! *sorry,uncalled for*
But the truth of the matter is that if the yorubas decide that they will not do business with other tribes,they will suffer it. Who pays the bill? ''Dn't rent out to igbos''...indeed. Una go tire when poverty don kiss u small.Even after buying their lands,we still pay their jobless ''omonile'' for every phase of the building process.
Business men who are successful do not involve sentiments....u will make a very poor business man.You are too emotional in terms of tribe and culture.Free your mind and learn to appreciate constructive criticism!

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by gratiaeo(m): 9:16am On Jan 02, 2014
Everything about Lagos is propaganda. Little wonder APC could not find a worthy Presidential candidate in their fold

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by gratiaeo(m): 9:19am On Jan 02, 2014
ba7man: And if you ask the people criticizing him here to name a better performing Governor..........I wonder the name's they'll call.

All our politicians president, gov, senator, rep etc are thieves and mediocre
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ba7man(m): 9:24am On Jan 02, 2014
gratiaeo:
All our politicians president, gov, senator, rep etc are thieves and mediocre
I agree with you on that one.

Believe its propaganda but don't complain when Lagos State continues with its quest to leave Nigeria behind because that's the fact on ground.

Its because we elect thieves that have long term plans for the State.

The only state growing half as fast is Ogun State and its because they elected a thief that has a vision.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by whitecat007: 9:24am On Jan 02, 2014
You just have to lie to make sense. Any Yoruba that's buried in Lagos is from Lagos and the ones you see taken to other towns are going home too. Yoruba culture demands the dead be buried with their ancestors. Ibos only send their dead home for consumption. Spot the difference?
me_for_you: Fashola is a failure in capital letters. All these osundefenders should go and sit down. Typical Yoruba attitude - suffering and smiling.
Worst is that yorubas don't have culture. That's why an ijebu man from Ogun state will live in lagos, marry in lagos, die and get buried in a lagos cemetery. Shame.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by UyiIredia(m): 9:26am On Jan 02, 2014
anonimi:

How about London for only oyinbo people
Is your comment smart at all?

Many foreigners are there and there are many towns in UK just as well developed. Edinburgh, Darlington etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Emir Begs Prof. Farooq Kperogi To Stop Criticizing Buhari, Nigerians React / 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard / Arise TV Debate: I Am Happy Tinubu Was Absent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.