Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (34020 Views)

Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes / Federal Government Is Not Treating Igbo People Right - Yerima / Democracy Or Which System Of Government Is Practice In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by RealMccoy2(m): 10:55pm On Jan 01, 2014
When Col Marwa was the military administrator of Lagos state, Lagosians said he was the best thing that happened to that state. Jakande was the only governor of Lagos state that developed Lagos to a naija standard if we choose to leave federal infrastructure from this. If Uduagan becomes the governor of Lagos state, he will also be given the best performing governor award. When I fly into Nigeria, I use the federal airport and when I clear my cars I use the federal warf. Most of my clients are not from the former federal capital, same goes to millions of other naijas that does biz in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Tstark(m): 10:57pm On Jan 01, 2014
patriotic007: Fashola is one of the best Governors we have in Nigeria,.....I was in Lagos last month and i saw the difference,....he has tried but more can still be done,...i rate him 70/100

I bet you were on the island when you were there last month right? That's really the only place where fashola has actually done anything tangible. His policies basically cater to the rich and high-brow areas of Lagos. Take a drive on the new bridge connecting ikoyi to Lekki, then go to shomolu, and you will find yourself wondering if those two areas are in the same country not to talk of the same state.

As far as im concerned Fashola is all hype....... for the rich

7 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nostradamus: 10:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
Uyi Iredia: Na me talk am ! And I no bring pics or evidence. That is up to you to decide. The Lagos state govt. is just better than other states. In faft, there is only so much a state govt. can do in a centralized power structure like Nigeria's but despite the progress we've recorded under Tinubu (who Fashola is a godson to and an extension of) what do we still have:

* On the whole, a very poorly planned urban centre. Estates are the exception to this but the prevalence of stalls or shops besides open gutters (attimes sewage). The almost useless ministry of physical and town planning which couldn't curtail collapsed buildings last year. Need I say more.

* Lack of cheap mortage or low-cost housing. At the risk of underestimating, It appears since Tinubu has made nonsense of Jakande's example in this regard. For those who don't know, Jakande is said to be the brains behind the forgotten low costs estates at Ajah which are STILL uncompleted projects. We know Fashola for harassing slum dwellers, not a few were hurt by his policy. Slums will always remain as long as economic exploitation and rich-poor gap remain. They are a symptom that society has problems, not just problems.
I find it funny that LASG claims to have made housing accessible whereas it obvious the LASG has built few, if any, low-cost housing schemes.

* Roads still poor. Yes, a lot has been done by LASG in this regard but em not much. I say so even tho' there has rehabilatation of College road (linking to Iju road) in my area. Lagos has a dense network of roads given its population. And many are still in bad shape, especially those linking main roads, or those on the outskirts of the state. There are many. Even TVC_which Tinubu owns_shows them

* State schools still in bad shape. In truth, the state has a looong way to go in this area. Teachers still receive paltry sums. I was discussing last year (yesterday) with a former lesson teacher of mine. She said some new teachers get paid #10-15k monthly. Her school she teaches is not in good shape. In fact, forgetting the Millenium school at Oshodi which is airbrushed to show state achievements, and some haphazard renovations here and there, some even by concerned citizens. The state school infrastructure is still comatose. And BTW why did LASU students have to still be on strike despite the fact Fashola increased their fees ? That's mismanagement on LASG's part.

* Better but not good for waste management. Lagos state has done well undrr Tinubu waste-wise. Tho' I wonder shether that is part of whitewashing the state. It's like what I did as a kid when told to sweep when I was lazy too. I will sweep the dust and hide under the carpet. Hide trash behind or under chairs etc. Just to make it seem neat when no real cleaning was done.

editing.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by emmatok(m): 10:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
The only solution to Lagos problem is Massive decongestion and demolition.

But people no go gree.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nostradamus: 11:00pm On Jan 01, 2014
Am new here!!![sup][/sup]happy new year peepz....2014's our year,like if you agree

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by UyiIredia(m): 11:00pm On Jan 01, 2014
jmoore: No governor has performed above mediocrity.

I quite agree.

PS: Funny this topic made FP. I shock when I see am.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Lifebender(m): 11:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
Is it because he threw you back to ur stateHe is not as good as we think yet Lag cannot be compaired to your state Tell mii all that you have mentioned which of the projects did your governor embark onDo you have good roads,portable water,good schools,proper waste disposalIf then why do you fam.ily want to d1e in lagosFashola is not good you were sent packing u started crying like a baby...Na ur wahala be dat.What has GEJ done for naijaJust go get a life leave the state for the owner.Just scream ur gov name to develop ur state...Or do you want lagos to look like paradise while you state will be like a school farm
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by lacasa: 11:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
Can u imagine the effrontery of this Op angry

Talking abt housing and sanitation in lagos.

When each hour, droves and droves of endless buses filled with inbound migrants coming mostly from the east, make it an impossible task for Fashola to manage rising population into the state, with despicable hygiene and sanitary habits that follow these expansionists along, Why wouldn't you type nonsense and berate Fashola and his govt? angry

Btw, name ur own governor who has done so much better than Fashola, so we know

#. . . Mtscheew!

4 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by UyiIredia(m): 11:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
Real-Mccoy:
When Col Marwa was the military administrator of Lagos state, Lagosians said he was the best thing that happened to that state.

I agree. But I recall TELL reporting how it was all whitewashing. Especially towards the end of military rule.

Real-Mccoy:
Jakande was the only governor of Lagos state that developed Lagos to a naija standard if we choose to leave federal infrastructure from this.

I quite agree.

Real-Mccoy:
If Uduagan becomes the governor of Lagos state, he will also be given the best performing governor award. When I fly into Nigeria, I use the federal airport and when I clear my cars I use the federal warf. Most of my clients are not from the former federal capital.

Okay
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by luvinhubby(m): 11:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
Considering the small piece of land called Lagos, the amount of money generated by the 60% of Nigeria`s business located their and it`s attendant inflow as IGR to the state, considering also that input justifies or condemns output,.... Fashola is a failure.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Japlon(m): 11:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
In 2014 i will not open any unclad link with pictures
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by yomi007k(m): 11:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
Olajide 24: This is political....FASHOLA HAS DONE EVEN BETTER THAN GEJ
That I will take
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by UyiIredia(m): 11:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
lacasa: Can u imagine the effrontry of this Op angry

When each hour, droves and droves of endless buses filled. Wt immigrants coming in from the east, make it an impossible task for Fashola to manage rising population into the state, with despicable hygiene and sanitary habits that follow these expansionists along, Why wouldn't you type nonsense and berate Fashola and his govt? angry

#. . . Mtscheew!

That's not the point. The more important point is to get you to see he ain't all that excellent. We are VERY used to celebrating average leadership and I am tired of that. And why tribalize the matter ?

7 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
Darn!! grin grin

The real Lagosians, the indigenous people are angry!! You overpopulated their city, yet you still throwing stones at them. grin

Anyway, as the son of the soil, and after seeing things for myself, I endorse their message! cool cool cool
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ochejoseph(m): 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
Tstark:

I bet you were on the island when you were there last month right? That's really the only place where fashola has actually done anything tangible. His policies basically cater to the rich and high-brow areas of Lagos. Take a drive on the new bridge connecting ikoyi to Lekki, then go to shomolu, and you will find yourself wondering if those two areas are in the same country not to talk of the same state.

As far as im concerned Fashola is all hype....... for the rich

God Bless you my brother! You have spoken well sentiments aside

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
I detest open gutters with a passion, how can you be seeing nice houses in VI, Lekki, and next to the pedestrian sidewalks is a pool of nauseating, stinking, mosquito infested gutter water, open for all to see.

I even hate those slabs over the gutters that often go missing, terrible.

As far as the roads, I don't understand why in a city like Victoria Island for instance, all the roads shouldn't be paved. It's like going to downtown Dallas, or Newyork, or any developed countries business district, and still be seeing bad roads, it's unheard of.

The LASMA issue is also one I can't really understand. You only see them at sites with heavy traffic, or at traffic lights, checking for cellphone users and seat belt offenders, lol. They do not actively patrol, why? You have danfos driving with impunity and other drivers doing the same unchecked. You have people forming extra lanes into the bush, and so many other chaotic driving situations, and all LASMA can do is stand next to a junction and wait for slowed down traffic like some hawkers, looking for who to get roger from for texting. If they were gonna do it at all, then they should have done it right with patrol vehicles, radio communication, and so on.

I will rate Fash a B-, question is who will be the A+ leader in Nigeria? That should be a challenge accepted by all administrators.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by SegunAgbede: 11:08pm On Jan 01, 2014
I have been going through all threads on how to make money and am not too impress..

If you must win big stake big.. Stake huge amounts on sure games..

What is wrong staking N10,000 ON BARCELONA ON A ODD of 1.24 [ the game last week ], you win N2400..

When we all know that Barca are invincible and will always win..

Dont expect to be staking N200 and hoping to win N2million. Online Football be...tting is not baba ijebu..

If you are hoping to win 2 million with just N200, please switch over to national lottery or pools..

Stake high on sure game and remember bet responsibly. Use only your leisure money for betting!!!!!!!

As we all know,Nairabet, has come to stay!!!!

Before you take any move further, i will advice you to register a FRESH nairabet account by clicking https://www./Odds/registration/affiliate117990.... You heard me right. A lot of things are involved in really making it big on Nairabet and other betting sites. One of such is registering a FRESH account..

If you already have one before so that you can start all over. Therefore, Kindly click https://www./Odds/registration/affiliate117990 to get started. Ensure you REGISTER INSTANTLY

Ever heard of nairabet before? Well, if you’ve never heard about it before, i will urge you to go straight off to https://www./Odds/registration/affiliate117990 and take a good look at it and possibly register an account in there.

A lot of folks out there are football lovers and have one team or the other. Like myself now, my team is CHELSEA but i also love Barcelona. I know yours will be either Arsenal, Man Utd, liverpool, Man city, Real Madrid etc.. But, that’s not the point.

As a football lover, do you know that you can make money from football matches. Take for example, when Barcelona won Villareal last weekend and Man utd won their match against Aston Villa, you wouldn’t believe my Friend made extra #48,000 over the weekend.

How did he achieve this? He was so sure that Barcelona would win and they eventually did. He was sure that Man utd would win as well and they did win. He had placed bets on these 2 teams to win and when they did, He made my cool cash.

Well, the platform through which the bets are placed is NAIRABET. As from next week, i shall begin some series on how to earn from various sports betting betting.

Right now, i want you to follow the link below to open a fresh nairabet account. Use your normal details. Register with this link https://www./Odds/registration/affiliate117990 and get your account active.

Once you have registered a new account following the link i gave you above, it’s now time for you to fund your nairabet account. I mean, adding some money into your account which you shall be using to place bets on football matches.

Let me tell you something here, where i mentioned that my friend made #48,000 from betting,on Barcelona to win and Man utd to win.

Let me be frank with you. He spent #20000 to place bet on the matches at an odd over 2 and he was able to make a profit of #48,000. If he had used #3,000 to place a bet on the above matches, he would have won just #4,800.

So, the more money you fund into your nairabet account, the more your potential of earning from nairabet. I will advice that the least you should fund should be #5000 and can have as much as #100,000 and above.

To fund the account, you will see the option of ATM payment on the website when you are logged in. JUST click on deposit or click this link https://www./Odds/deposits?cid=55643.. Alternatively, you can fund through agents. You will see lists of their agents.

When you see the list, you will see their phone numbers and their varoious location nationwide, never bother about location but if anyone is closer to you, fine. You can walk into his office and pay him

the exact amount you want to fund to your nairabet account and give him your USERNAME on nairabet and the money will be funded to your nairabet account.Never give them or anyone else your password

If the agent is far away from you, you can ring his number and he will give you his account number to pay into. You will give him your username after payment and he will fund your account. Never bother about transacting with any of the agents.

They have all been verified and known personally by Nairabet boss, Akin Alabi. They can never toil with your money or dupe you. The worst is they might not fund you on time. In this case, you have to disturb them on phone.

LET me stop here for today!!!! Have a wonderful Xmas celebration and a prosperous new year..

NAIRABET..... Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is!!!!
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by RealMccoy2(m): 11:08pm On Jan 01, 2014
Uyi Iredia:

I agree. But I recall TELL reporting how it was all whitewashing. Especially towards the end of military rule.

I quite agree.

Okay
Governors, presidents get exposed after their tenure. Who knew what Turai Yar adua and her kinsmen were doing when her husband was in Saudi Arabia? Nigerian politicians are only after their interest and that of their cronies.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by eaglechild: 11:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
emmatok: The only solution to Lagos problem is Massive decongestion and demolition.

But people no go gree.
That may prove difficult cause many poor indigenes will be displaced
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by UyiIredia(m): 11:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
teniyi: Bad bele. If you don't know please ask from those who knows. Fashola is never a perfect government but the performance outmatch that of the federal government and those of other states.
Iju road you mentioned is being worked on.
The primary schools and health systems are better by far from what you can see elsewhere in Nigeria.
PDP members, we knew you.

I'm 23. Many in my age group are too busy fûcking, studying, weeding, clubbing, hustling, working or 'lazying' to give a $hit about PDP or politics. Una dey only remember youth during election and your expediency measures eg SURE-P programs

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by eaglechild: 11:11pm On Jan 01, 2014
Uyi Iredia:

That's not the point. The more important point is to get you to see he ain't all that excellent. We are VERY used to celebrating average leadership and I am tired of that. And why tribalize the matter ?
lol
You made him sound stewpid.
I wonder what happened to peoples' understanding of constructive criticism.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by UyiIredia(m): 11:12pm On Jan 01, 2014
Uchiha Madara: I detest open gutters with a passion, how can you be seeing nice houses in VI, Lekki, and next to the pedestrian sidewalks is a pool of nauseating, stinking, mosquito infested gutter water, open for all to see.

I even hate those slabs over the gutters that often go missing, terrible.

As far as the roads, I don't understand why in a city like Victoria Island for instance, all the roads shouldn't be paved. It's like going to downtown Dallas, or Newyork, or any developed countries business district, and still be seeing bad roads, it's unheard of.

The LASMA issue is also one I can't really understand. You only see them at sites with heavy traffic, or at traffic lights, checking for cellphone users and seat belt offenders, lol. They do not actively patrol, why? You have danfos driving with impunity and other drivers doing the same unchecked. You have people forming extra lanes into the bush, and so many other chaotic driving situations, and all LASMA can do is stand next to a junction and wait for slowed down traffic like some hawkers, looking for who to get roger from for texting. If they were gonna do it at all, then they should have done it right with patrol vehicles, radio communication, and so on.

I will rate Fash a B-, question is who will be the A+ leader in Nigeria? That should be a challenge accepted by all administrators.

Thanks. The question in the bolded is WHAT people should ask after reading the OP. Too much of partisan politics son dabaru their brain. I will rate Fashola a C (or C+ if there's any result like that). I'm more conservative in my scoring.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Lifebender(m): 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
lacasa: Can u imagine the effrontery of this Op angry

When each hour, droves and droves of endless buses filled with inbound migrants coming mostly from the east, make it an impossible task for Fashola to manage rising population into the state, with despicable hygiene and sanitary habits that follow these expansionists along, Why wouldn't you type nonsense and berate Fashola and his govt? angry

#. . . Mtscheew!

Hia!you've spoken well..and this pple are the dirtiest with their village habit undecided .Na ur state

Op if it pain you,where is the nearest trasfomer located go give it a HUG

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
eaglechild:
That may prove difficult cause many poor indigenes will be displaced

How would they be displaced since they have no where else to go and it's the responsibility of the state government to look after them? That's their home.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by rozayx5(m): 11:15pm On Jan 01, 2014
Fashola, Governor from the rich, for the rich and by the rich

all hype, the only major road project is tolled, the only major bridge is tolled and you expect me to praise him for something am paying to use
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by RealMccoy2(m): 11:15pm On Jan 01, 2014
shymexx: Darn!! grin grin

The real Lagosians, the indigenous people are angry!! You overpopulated their city, yet you still throwing stones at them. grin

Anyway, as the son of the soil, and after seeing things for myself, I endorse their message! cool cool cool
Nah bruv , I am currently visiting Naija for the xmas and I can tell you that finding a real Lagosian is like finding diamond in the dirt. If people from Oyo, Osun, Kwara, ,Delta, Kano, Anambra and Imo decides to leave Lagos that state will be bankrupt. Demographic and diversity matters a whole lot and thats why United states is still the prefered destination for every immigrant.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by lacasa: 11:15pm On Jan 01, 2014
Uyi Iredia:

How can he be average when obviously, his track-record in governance is the best amongst his peers.

#... Ain't tribalising nothing, it's the bitter truth
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by RealMccoy2(m): 11:17pm On Jan 01, 2014
I think Kano state governor is doing better than most state governors . Anyone from that state or have visited that state should educate us.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by meforyou1(m): 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2014
It took me 3hrs to go from festac to ikorodu rd last Friday around 5pm and took me less than 30mins to get back around 10pm. See coker rd, abandoned since fashola's 2nd term. See Mile 2-Badagry road, it will take them at least 10 years to complete. All fashola does is to deport igbo men and women. Whoever says fashola is working should be deported to aro psychiatrist hospital immediately.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by eaglechild: 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2014
shymexx:

How would they be displaced since they have no where else to go and it's the responsibility of the state government to look after them? That's their home.
What I mean is that they may resist relocation.
Most of the fishing villages and slums maybe difficult to alter.

It is not easy to give up land that you believe is ancestral.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2014
lacasa: Can u imagine the effrontery of this Op angry

#. . . Mtscheew!

Droves and Droves of people also troop into Dubai which is fast becoming one of the top tourist destinations in the world, yet the government is able to contend.

Now I do understand that tourism is short lived, compared to people trying to immigrate permanently. However the onus still falls on the administrator of the state to administer efficient governance.

I was one of those that didn't really fault Fash for the so called deportation of Igbos, I only faulted him for the way it was reportedly carried out. If people migrate to Lagos, and have nothing to do, and start to loiter about city, be they Yorubas from outside Lagos, Igbos, or Housas, then I have no problem with the Gov trying to get them back home, because you can't come into a city anywhere in the word, and start to build a shack next to the road.

As I said, the Onus still falls on Fash, so no excuses. Fixing roads for instance, does not hinge that much on population so as to make it impossible to execute.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by jayonpoint(m): 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2014
Eko Oni Ba Je O..Obaje ti. Hater go hug transformer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Somewhere In Lagos. Gov. Fashola Pls Come To Our Rescue (pics) / #MadeInNaija: UK High Commissioner & His Son Rock Nigerian Attires (photos) / El-Rufai To Demolish 40 Churches, 3500 Houses, 16 Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.