Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,800 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (34012 Views)

Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes / Federal Government Is Not Treating Igbo People Right - Yerima / Democracy Or Which System Of Government Is Practice In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by MRWHINNIG: 10:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
Fashola is just a noise maker.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Cubeet: 10:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by teniyi(m): 10:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
Bad bele. If you don't know please ask from those who knows. Fashola is never a perfect government but the performance outmatch that of the federal government and those of other states.
Iju road you mentioned is being worked on.
The primary schools and health systems are better by far from what you can see elsewhere in Nigeria.
PDP members, we knew you.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by gr8virus(m): 10:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
Ok
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Donjinks(m): 10:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
Fashola second time was a total shambles compare to his first tenure ntting to write home. They re recuperating 4 the money they lost during the re-election abt same with others performing first time wich leta fall shot lyk MIMIKO,OSHIOMOLE,etc

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
Newkidoo: .
Newkidoo: .
aventura: .
adezjamz: .
Sincere Bigot: .
aventura: .
Busted! angry shocked

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Akda009: 10:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
Ayomitide77: As far as I am concerned,he is still d best.
u r ryt mai broda.... D guy has tried his best. @op, tlk is cheap

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
How do you expect a governor to fix the rot of many years of neglect,if other governors had been performing,fasola's input would have been felt,so don't expect miracle to happen too soon.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by kehinde1588(m): 10:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
I must really say,Fashola has done beyound propanga cos most pple frm oda state beleive all fashola achievememts ar propaganda..i must really commend him cos he has done well and laid a good example for oda southwest and kudos to oda southwest governors too dey ar all tryin..only som1 wu does nt wnt success will say fashola has done nothin or beta dan d his counterparts...fashola kip d great work movin

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Decryptor(m): 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
And later some baboons would come here and be shouting Eko o ni baje. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by anonimi: 10:29pm On Jan 01, 2014
doc sholz: I still say the problem of Lagos is excessive immigration into the state even

Where is the 300 billion (60% of budget) derived from- not the tax paying population

9 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ketoprofen(m): 10:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
doc sholz: I still say the problem of Lagos is excessive immigration into the state even nyc with it's superior infrastructure are about just 19million, hence the need for other regions of the country to develop to stop the immigration or even reverse it

And as for housing the future is in high rise buildings unfortunately this requires constant power which we do not have, ultimately corruption is our biggest problem which leads to every other problem

The devt will include devt of the states near Lagos, who have refused to develop despite their proximity to Lagos.
With that, excessive migration to Lagos will be curtailed.
So, what are the Lagos leaders doing with all the taxes collected from the immigrants by the lojas and co.
They can't complete the roads, renovate schools, remove wastes, etc . I smell corruption.

Unu na awa .
And that will mean abuja too will ask all Lagos ppl in abuja to go etc.
Gradually, only state indigenes remain in every state. Its OK o
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ketoprofen(m): 10:35pm On Jan 01, 2014
Yomieluv: How do you expect a governor to fix the rot of many years of neglect,if other governors had been performing,fasola's input would have been felt,so don't expect miracle to happen too soon.

The same way some ppl shd take it easy with gej

16 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Italiano1: 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2014
MR. WHINNIG:
Fashola is just a noise maker.

And yet, under his administration, Lagos has witnessed the largest influx of migrants from other parts of Nigeria?

He must be doing a good job if some people would rather stay poor and destitute in Lagos than return to their states of origin- don't you think?

12 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ketoprofen(m): 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2014
Lagos is small in size and was largely developed by the British and fed govt .
How can a gov who inherited a former FG capital not find it easy developing that small piece of land

7 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Mannylex(m): 10:39pm On Jan 01, 2014
This your topic is not as reasonable as you think...
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by cashkid18(m): 10:39pm On Jan 01, 2014
fashola is no different frm oda governors,there is ntin special i hv seen his administration.check lagos state IGR n faderal alllocation,u see dt fashola is another Tinubu in making dt is lootin lagos state dry n he is using d media to make him to luk lik a saint lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by omusiliyu(m): 10:40pm On Jan 01, 2014
The OP must be AAPC... Anti-APC
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by donblade85: 10:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
I dnt even like dat fashola

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
Ada Nri1: Hehehehehe. Waiting for when APC goons descend on this op
Walai.. Them go finish the guy grin grin grin
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by donblade85: 10:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
I hate fashola very much

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by darne(m): 10:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
Yes i think its not !
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by donblade85: 10:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
I hate fashola very very much

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by donblade85: 10:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
Do u guys like fashola?
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Decryptor(m): 10:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
Yomieluv: How do you expect a governor to fix the rot of many years of neglect,if other governors had been performing,fasola's input would have been felt,so don't expect miracle to happen too soon.
You know this and yet you and some APC apologists berate GEJ

11 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by abayomi1978: 10:43pm On Jan 01, 2014
To be honest, Fashola has done reasonably well in all sectors. It's glaring. Even with the little or support from the FG
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by madnigerian: 10:43pm On Jan 01, 2014
[quote author=Uyi Iredia]Na me talk am ! And I no bring pics or evidence. That is up to you to decide. The Lagos state govt. is just better than other states. In faft, there is only so much a state govt. can do in a centralized power structure like Nigeria's but despite the progress we've recorded under Tinubu (who Fashola is a godson to and an extension of) what do we still have:

* On the whole, a very poorly planned urban centre. Estates are the exception to this but the prevalence of stalls or shops besides open gutters (attimes sewage). The almost useless ministry of physical and town planning which couldn't curtail collapsed buildings last year. Need I say more.

Yes...that is the fault of years of poor planning, which predates Fashola. And utting it in order is going to cost billions.....which may have to come out of your pockets in increased taxes.

[quote]* Lack of cheap mortage or low-cost housing. At the risk of underestimating, It appears since Tinubu has made nonsense of Jakande's example in this regard. For those who don't know, Jakande is said to be the brains behind the forgotten low costs estates at Ajah which are STILL uncompleted projects. We know Fashola for harassing slum dwellers, not a few were hurt by his policy. Slums will always remain as long as economic exploitation and rich-poor gap remain. They are a symptom that society has problems, not just problems.
I find it funny that LASG claims to have made housing accessible whereas it obvious the LASG has built few, if any, low-cost housing schemes.

So, what type of low cost housing do you want to build for people? The high rises one sees in the US and the old Soviet union that are despised by their occupants? Or a series of bungalows?

Besides, the thing is.....people will move in and promptly refuse to pay utiltiy bills, or maintain the houses. And don't think of starting a Government agecy to maintain the houses....because it will turn to 'Loot House'.!

* Roads still poor. Yes, a lot has been done by LASG in this regard but em not much. I say so even tho' there has rehabilatation of College road (linking to Iju road) in my area. Lagos has a dense network of roads given its population. And many are still in bad shape, especially those linking main roads, or those on the outskirts of the state. There are many. Even TVC_which Tinubu owns_shows them

Good point....although we do need to develop intra-city railways.....which is what is being done (slowly) in Lagos and Abuja.

* State schools still in bad shape. In truth, the state has a looong way to go in this area. Teachers still receive paltry sums. I was discussing last year (yesterday) with a former lesson teacher of mine. She said some new teachers get paid #10-15k monthly. Her school she teaches is not in good shape. In fact, forgetting the Millenium school at Oshodi which is airbrushed to show state achievements, and some haphazard renovations here and there, some even by concerned citizens. The state school infrastructure is still comatose. And BTW why did LASU students have to still be on strike despite the fact Fashola increased their fees ? That's mismanagement on LASG's part.

The thing is, state Governemts run too many schools.....and the education budget is not growing (which is why some Governeors are handing over to missions now!). Plus....education is expensive. Even now, school fees are subsidised heavily.

Thing is, state governemts need to hands off schools, and make them autonomous and increase fees drastically. But that would lead to protests...so the mess continueth.

Besides....how much are local communites investing in their schools?(and mind, not just in Lagos, everywhere else?)

* Better but not good for waste management. Lagos state has done well undrr Tinubu waste-wise. Tho' I wonder shether that is part of whitewashing the state. It's like what I did as a kid when told to sweep when I was lazy too. I will sweep the dust and hide under the carpet. Hide trash behind or under chairs etc. Just to make it seem neat when no real cleaning was done.

The thing is, no city in Nigeria wants to use trash to generate wealth. I don't know why.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
Italiano1:

And yet, under his administration, Lagos has witnessed the largest influx of migrants from other parts of Nigeria?

He must be doing a good job if some people would rather stay poor and destitute in Lagos than return to their states of origin- don't you think?

20 million people in that small land mass should be a humanitarian crises, to be honest. The population shouldn't be more than 7 million. Even New York city that's bigger and not as populated, is a tad bit messed up. Now go to Sao Paulo, Mumbai etc. and see slums.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by patriotic007: 10:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
Fashola is one of the best Governors we have in Nigeria,.....I was in Lagos last month and i saw the difference,....he has tried but more can still be done,...i rate him 70/100

7 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ochejoseph(m): 10:53pm On Jan 01, 2014
Honestly ,I have always insisted that Fashola is a disappointment for the following reason

1. With an IGR of Over 20 billion monthly this man has only succeeded in making the rich in lekki et al more comfortable at thesame time chasing slum dwellers and allocating the plots to burgiose !

2 . Jakande estate and other blueprint he left behind would helped in alleviating the huge housing deficit.

3. I love the suspension bridge its beautiful but sincerely u don't waste such huge sums for elites when over 80 percent of your inner city roads is in sham

4 few locations in lagos can boast of pipe borne water , most lagosians depend on wells and boreholes yet lagos is surrounded by water this is a misnomer !

5. Governance is not about planting flowers and painted bridges yes it does make the city beautiful. but in reality its a cosmetic work meant to deceptively sway public opinion while Tinubu and his cronies milk Lagos state dry!
Pls don't Blame Fashola its not his fault he is a good man with a Bad Oga !!!

7 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ufuosman(m): 10:53pm On Jan 01, 2014
4get ur talk @ op, d man deserve another chance
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Oiza4yemi: 10:55pm On Jan 01, 2014
@op gud day sir, i hope u ar not drunk whn u post dis jaggon.u start al ur point by ''better but nt gud'' can somtin be better witout being gud? y would u collect d constract of castigatn lASG since u knw u ar a quack in doing dat? Or do u want to tel me dat u dnt knw u ar a quack? Hw can u believ dat teacher ar paid 10-15k whn ordinary lawma staf collect far more dan dat? I dnt tink u ar human being may be u ar ''unidentify flying object'' pls sir modify ur writeup and return d money u collect 4 it! Happy new year sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Norfin Offshore: Udom Emmanuel Commissions Indigenous Shipyard (Photos) / President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From China (photos) / Ali Modu Sheriff & Obanikoro At APC National Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.