Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,251 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (33990 Views)

Ben Bruce Flaunts His Made-In-Aba Shoes, Says They're As Good As Italian Shoes / Federal Government Is Not Treating Igbo People Right - Yerima / Democracy Or Which System Of Government Is Practice In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Sheggy13(m): 5:27am On Jan 02, 2014
anonimi:

Where did u pull your COMPARATIVE statistics from -NPC website
What's your point exactly? Did you just migrated from Mars to know what he said is the reality. It's like asking someone to show you an evidence that you're a male..Will you get that from any site? How many Nigerian websites are regularly updated by the way. Please face the issue at hand and stop currying for cheap likes from shallow-minded people like you.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by biafranqueen: 5:32am On Jan 02, 2014
shymexx:

Yes, the system of government in Nigeria is just too redundant for growth to happen. If the country can be restructured, with less power at the center - and all the different regions are integrated, then that might also save Lagos. The neighbouring states would have to take some of the population. However, that also might end up having its own problem, if there's only one functioning region, with people migrating from other regions there in search of a good life. Then it would be back to square-one.

All in all, the elected governors in all the states need to start doing their jobs. And the people they govern also need to start holding them accountable, rather pointing fingers elsewhere. Not talking about you since you're a thorough bred Lagos boy based where you were raised. I'm talking about the other malicious louts who just like to critique for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Wow Iam really happy to hear this from you every single Governor East West North South and in between needs to be held accountable and we the citizens who are going to keep the score card. Nothing wrong with exposing all of them online, showing pictures to the international audience will prompt people to make a move, starting with Nigerians in the diaspora, we are blessed to have a way to express ourselves freely, we must utilize it to shame our leaders in to doing the basic needful because roads and schools are just the basic. We need to help the leaders change by being the change!
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ronalmagic10(m): 5:49am On Jan 02, 2014
Ashmark: Fashola is not doing anything..I CAN SAY IT TO HIM FACE TO FACE...All is hype, over hype

Are you sure about the part I emboldened? E clear say you never chop correct slap before. I do agree with you though. He hasn't done that much to deserve the praises he gets but going by the normal Nigerian standards, he has done well.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by jomoh: 5:53am On Jan 02, 2014
Still I see people talking about "decentralization of government and other form of governments as solution to our problems.

Typical Nigerians, trying to solve simple problem with complex solutions. *SMH*

SIMPLE SOLUTION: let other states develop their cities (improve the economic activities in their states) so their indigenes will stop migrating to Lagos.

Before OBJ left office he approved the construction of INLAND CONTAINER DEPORTS (dry ports) in the six geopolitical zones of the federation. All in a bid to decongestion the ports in Lagos and ultimately Lagos state as a whole. Till today no state/zone has completed its own let alone commission it. You can imagine the number of people that will be directly and indirectly employed through those ports. If you can imagine how many people is directly/indirectly employed through the Ports in lagos state alone the you should have an idea of what am talking about.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Solarpower(m): 5:54am On Jan 02, 2014
Olajide 24: This is political....FASHOLA HAS DONE EVEN BETTER THAN GEJ
if u kal dat politikal, wat urs? Mumuical?? Al u GEJ haters go jump mount Everest! tongue
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by eaglechild: 5:58am On Jan 02, 2014
qhiwegh: Igboland (including Onitsha, Enugu) for Igbos.
Hausaland (including Kano) for Hausas.
Bornu State for Kanuris.
Edo State for Binis.
Bayelsa (and its oil) for Ijaws.

BUT WHY IS YORUBALAND (INCLUDING LAGOS, THE CAPITAL CITY OF YORUBALAND) FOR EVERYBODY?

If Lagos only needed to take care of its Yoruba indigenes, it would be able to become a world-class city within one term of governorship. When all the people from Nigeria and even foreigners like Chadians and Nigeriens flood into our once beautiful city without any regard for its laws or order or sanitation, there's nothing a government of human beings could do to make the place liveable.

I'm not trying to hate, but simply telling it like it is. Develop your own cities. I couldn't be happier if the South East could boast a city that rivals Lagos in economic prowess.
You are very ignorant,
Your once "beautiful" city that has been the country's capital for years without which it would have just been another slum.

In any case what all mega cities have in common is diversity.

If you want an all Lagos Yorobar, no need to look too far, just down the road is a slum named Ibadan and not far off is oshogbo, that is your all Yorobar Lagos.

9 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by deletrue: 5:59am On Jan 02, 2014
Ayomitide77: As far as I am concerned,he is still d best.
Lie, unless you are talking of trimming of flowers and painting of block fences along major roads only
Look, Fashola is one of the most laziest and poorly performed governors in the country. Lagos, when compared to other states is located in a particular place. Consider states like delta, bayalsa, Ondo, Edo etc are both spread across different commminities which makes development more complex. These states are unlike Lagos that is located in a particular place.
Lagos is a state that imposes multiple taxes yet only stael all the monies for Tinubu and himself and others.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by RealMccoy2(m): 6:05am On Jan 02, 2014
qhiwegh: Igboland (including Onitsha, Enugu) for Igbos.
Hausaland (including Kano) for Hausas.
Bornu State for Kanuris.
Edo State for Binis.
Bayelsa (and its oil) for Ijaws.

BUT WHY IS YORUBALAND (INCLUDING LAGOS, THE CAPITAL CITY OF YORUBALAND) FOR EVERYBODY?

If Lagos only needed to take care of its Yoruba indigenes, it would be able to become a world-class city within one term of governorship. When all the people from Nigeria and even foreigners like Chadians and Nigeriens flood into our once beautiful city without any regard for its laws or order or sanitation, there's nothing a government of human beings could do to make the place liveable.

I'm not trying to hate, but simply telling it like it is. Develop your own cities. I couldn't be happier if the South East could boast a city that rivals Lagos in economic prowess.
If a right wing, white supremacist says every African including those that are British born leave their country and go and develop the dark continent called africa, you will be the first to cry foul. Remove federal infrastructure, multinational companies, commercial traders from Lagos, a piece of land in Lekki will worth 100k naira. From your myopic thinking, people like Adenuga and Honeywell boss that owns oil bloc in Niger delta should come back to lagos to start marking their motor park territory? Only an ignorant person will assume every yoruba man lives in Lagos. Visit Abuja, port Harcourt, Kano before speaking like an infant

5 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 02, 2014
It is a testament to Fashola's pedigree, that such a thread like this could even be created.
Can such a thread ever be created for our president and be taken seriously?

Fashola is one leader that I admire.
enough said.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by phreakabit(m): 6:35am On Jan 02, 2014
Been opportune to reside both on and off the "Island" and all I can say from EXPERIENCE of living on both sides of the divide is, Fashola's government is one of a condescending elitist. Don't be deceived there are two "Lagoses". One for the rich and important, the other for the poor and inconsequential. I say poor because unlike other sane climes when you have rich, middle class and poor. . . In Nigeria there are just two classes Rich and Poor. Not necessarily the truth, but thats how elite Nigeria see it.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by RealMccoy2(m): 6:36am On Jan 02, 2014
I just read an Inspiring article by Jide Olowookere titled, "Nigeria is not on the Map" . I think sane bloggers on NL should read it and also those impoverished kids that always use this phrase "go back to your village".
We may mock each other online but that does not mean that we can't pop bottles and eat together in real life.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ekaromail: 7:04am On Jan 02, 2014
Well, i don't live in Lasgidi, so I can't say.

http://www.karosstoryblog..com
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ba7man(m): 7:04am On Jan 02, 2014
deletrue: Lie, unless you are talking of trimming of flowers and painting of block fences along major roads only
Look, Fashola is one of the most laziest and poorly performed governors in the country. Lagos, when compared to other states is located in a particular place. Consider states like delta, bayalsa, Ondo, Edo etc are both spread across different commminities which makes development more complex. These states are unlike Lagos that is located in a particular place.
Lagos is a state that imposes multiple taxes yet only stael all the monies for Tinubu and himself and others.
I have officially singled out your Moniker as one of the daftest posters on Nairaland with this post of yours..........whoever liked your post will also be added if he reveals his identity........I suspect its @Eaglechild.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by bloggernaija: 7:09am On Jan 02, 2014
Uyi Iredia: @ star95: My criticism was constructive. It implies low-cost housing is needed. It suggests that the govt needs to take planning seriously and I've made it clear the policy should be containment. It lauds what has been done but suggests that more should be done in waste management. You saw theglass half-empty. You didn't see possibilities the criticism offered.
Low cost housing for whom ?
The last thing Lagos needs right now is to implement any policy that will lead to an increase in the number of unskilled labour moving in.
Lagos does not need at least 50% of her current population .
Back in the days,most people in Lagos had proper jobs. Apart from market women with stall ,every other person had a social useful job .
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 02, 2014
shymexx:

How do you plan an urban centre in a place as snarly populated as Lagos? The only option is to create new cities to decongest the old ones for renewal. Even with that, based on demand, supply and cost, how many Lagosians would be able to afford to live in the new cities? The only option is for the FG to build new cities, to decongest Lagos - or other state governments, to roll their sleeves up, and start working - so as to enable reverse migration from Lagos.

Population factor again and excessive pressure on infrastructures.

Population factor coupled with demand and supply, and the need to meet the demand, despite insufficient funds. That would obviously rub off on the quality. The only solution is for more Nigerians to start paying taxes.

PS: Not making excuses for Fashola. He is just a one-eyed man in the land of the blind. And personally, he's an extreme capitalist, an ideology I don't agree with. However, he's one of the best in Nigeria. The Osun governor is my guy - I like his ideology.

u re making excuses for fashola..ve u been to ogba...ve u been to okota,, alaba then surulere side. bro forget.... fashola stopped working long time ago...
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 02, 2014
shymexx:

How do you plan an urban centre in a place as snarly populated as Lagos? The only option is to create new cities to decongest the old ones for renewal. Even with that, based on demand, supply and cost, how many Lagosians would be able to afford to live in the new cities? The only option is for the FG to build new cities, to decongest Lagos - or other state governments, to roll their sleeves up, and start working - so as to enable reverse migration from Lagos.

Population factor again and excessive pressure on infrastructures.

Population factor coupled with demand and supply, and the need to meet the demand, despite insufficient funds. That would obviously rub off on the quality. The only solution is for more Nigerians to start paying taxes.

PS: Not making excuses for Fashola. He is just a one-eyed man in the land of the blind. And personally, he's an extreme capitalist, an ideology I don't agree with. However, he's one of the best in Nigeria. The Osun governor is my guy - I like his ideology.

u re making excuses for fashola..ve u been to ogba...ve u been to okota,, alaba then surulere side. bro forget.... fashola stopped working long time ago...
did u say population. lagos has been overpopulated even before Tinubu. he kno wat he is getting into..
u guys re quick to remember lagos rot started a long time but wen its Gej u guys re quick to forget. ..I hail oooo
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by twittrizzy: 7:14am On Jan 02, 2014
@OP, people like you were those who abandoned his inherited farm in village, come to lagos to see if he could living the life he lives in his village. While all his hopin fails, you then lament for high cost of housing, welfare and so no. Son! Lagos state is not for everyone. Ur head could think of the high population in lagos that double the population in ur village in 1million xx. Fashola is the best state Government I ever seen. Son! U can do good when u settle in your village, leave lagos state!
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ba7man(m): 7:16am On Jan 02, 2014
eaglechild:
You are very ignorant,
Your once "beautiful" city that has been the country's capital for years without which it would have just been another slum.

In any case what all mega cities have in common is diversity.

If you want an all Lagos Yorobar, no need to look too far, just down the road is a slum named Ibadan and not far off is oshogbo, that is your all Yorobar Lagos.

Lagos State still has some of the largest slums in the Country but you know it was still light-years ahead of Nigeria even 100 years before independence.

The whites had the opportunity of settling anywhere along the coast but they chose Lagos. Why?? Because of the accomodating Nature of the King back then and the people.

FG had to jump on board to save themselves time and effort.

That Ibadan you love to call a slum is more developed that the southern cities you're proud of except Port-Harcourt. Yes.......Go pull out those out-dated pics again.

You speak as if the S.E is a collection of mansions when I'm still in shock with some pics I've seen of it............I'll post just one.......I'll spare you the embarrasment of the rest.

If you call Ibadan a slum, I wonder what you'll call this............

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by RealMccoy2(m): 7:18am On Jan 02, 2014
bloggernaija:
Low cost housing for whom ?
The last thing Lagos needs right now is to implement any policy that will lead to an increase in the number of unskilled labour moving in.
Lagos does not need at least 50% of her current population .
Back in the days,most people in Lagos had proper jobs. Apart from market women with stall ,every other person had a social useful job .

That was when Lagos used to be the capital of Nigeria. Abuja has similar trait now.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ba7man(m): 7:18am On Jan 02, 2014
patmaine: ..

did u say population. lagos has been overpopulated even before Tinubu. he kno wat he is getting into..
u guys re quick to remember lagos rot started a long time but wen its Gej u guys re quick to forget. ..I hail oooo
Those places you've mentioned are equivalent to whole cities in most states in Nigeria, you know.
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by whitecat007: 7:19am On Jan 02, 2014
I don't know where in the blue hell you were born, but you have no stake in Lagos if you are not Yoruba. I can see your attempt to slurp on your puke, cos those who will open cans of asswhooping on you are not here yet. You should focus on your state governor. You are squatters in Lagos. It can never be your home. Your obsession with Lagos is not making you hold your home state responsible. Wake up, you always get soaked whenever you are out on smear Fashola parade. Get over Lagos.

Uyi Iredia:

Are you from Lagos ? And why I have every right to be concerned as one born and bred in Lagos. I am concerned about my state, and by extension the country, but the part of Lagos I stay is my home in every meaningful sense of the term. Get used to that.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by ba7man(m): 7:28am On Jan 02, 2014
whitecat007: I don't know where in the blue hell you were born, but you have no stake in Lagos if you are not Yoruba. I can see your attempt to slurp on your puke, cos those who will open cans of asswhooping on you are not here yet. You should focus on your state governor. You are squatters in Lagos. It can never be your home. Your obsession with Lagos is not making you hold your home state responsible. Wake up, you always get soaked whenever you out on smear Fashola parade. Get over Lagos.

Your opinion is wrong. No city can become truely great if they don't encourage diversity in its population and external investors in it.

Do you know how much money the Saudis and Chinese have invested in the USA?? Or how much Germany, USA are currently investing in China??

That's why i pity some Politicians that campaign along the religious/tribal divide and the people that support them.

Soon they start to wonder why Dangote ignored investing in their region or why foreign investments isn't pouring into their region like it ought to.

To rival the greatest cities in the World, you need more than "Yoruba Money" to achieve that. Miami was build on Cuban/Columbian investments in real-estate..................Even though the money was earned from the drug trade of the 70s and 80s.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by rman: 7:29am On Jan 02, 2014
The biggest project in Lagos is not even on the island, so why are people always saying Fashola only cares about the rich?

Is the BRT scheme targeted at the rich?

Are the functioning street lights on mainland for the rich?

Are the numerous health centres and massive update on teaching hospitals for the rich?

Is the face lift done to public schools in Lagos done for the rich?

Is the uncompleted light rail project for the rich?

Are the numerous inner roads in surulere, Ikeja etc for the rich?

There is no way you would not have problems to be solved in any state, be it roads, health care, education, housing etc.

Saying a government that has made considerable effort in changing the outlook of a complex state like Lagos, has done nothing lacks a little objectivity.

In fact, ACN now APC owes it's popularity in southwest to Fashola. Residents in neighboring states like Ogun and Oyo voted for ACN candidates because they could see significant difference in the only ACN state, which was Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by victorulo(m): 7:29am On Jan 02, 2014
Uyi Iredia:

I don't. And with Fashola's kind of governance you might wait up to 50 years before u see it. That's good, because with Jonathan I would say 3 centuries, he is that much of a tortoise. For the OBJ's and Buharis it would take forever: they are they old problems yet to pass away.
ooo lawd ds guy jx killed me wt lafta...bt ur sure spot-on
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by jmoore(m): 7:44am On Jan 02, 2014
whitecat007: I don't know where in the blue hell you were born, but you have no stake in Lagos if you are not Yoruba. I can see your attempt to slurp on your puke, cos those who will open cans of asswhooping on you are not here yet. You should focus on your state governor. You are squatters in Lagos. It can never be your home. Your obsession with Lagos is not making you hold your home state responsible. Wake up, you always get soaked whenever you are out on smear Fashola parade. Get over Lagos.

Which constitution gave you that information?

Lagos Government collects taxes from only yorubas too?

smh

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by thewarrior72: 7:47am On Jan 02, 2014
@ op this year go better for u for raising such a salient thread in this new year. I will be back to comment, after the resident warlord might have finish abusing u. grin
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by whitecat007: 7:51am On Jan 02, 2014
I do not need your validation, so you can ignore my comments just as I did. She came out loud and clear with a message to rubbish all Fashola is doing to carry burden that the rest of the world is running from, and tries to backpeddle just because she couldn't stick it does not make it any better. Foreign investors know exactly what they are doing, how I wish I can say the same about us in Nigeria. Or how much is a gala hawker paying in taxes? that they are being compared to investors who have rules.
ba7man: Your opinion is wrong. No city can become truely great if they don't encourage diversity in its population and external investors in it.

Do you know how much money the Saudis and Chinese have invested in the USA?? Or how much Germany, USA are currently investing in China??

That's why i pity some Politicians that campaign along the religious/tribal divide and the people that support them.

Soon they start to wonder why Dangote ignored investing in their region or why foreign investments isn't pouring into their region like it ought to.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by adadadon(m): 7:52am On Jan 02, 2014
if your ideas are so good why aren't you the governor
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Tbillz(m): 7:52am On Jan 02, 2014
NO HUMAN CAN SATISFY ANOTHER HUMAN'S ENTIRE NEED, BTW COMPARE HIM WITH ORDA STATE GOVERNORS AND AM SURE U END UP IN A HOLY GROUND SINGING WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING SONGS#OGA PACK WELL
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by nnacent(m): 7:54am On Jan 02, 2014
@op. Fashola needs to b the next governor of your state after which he moves to the next state, until he covers the 36 states. then Lagos can be better than it is. If u get what i mean
Re: Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think by Frankmac(m): 7:55am On Jan 02, 2014
No body is perfect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

PREMIUM TIMES Writes UK Govt, Seeks Clarification Over Peter Obi’s Arrest / Bandits Gathering In Kano Falgore Forest - Ganduje Seeks Army’s Help / 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.