Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

When Your Partner Snores: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Partner Snores: (5715 Views)

Guys,can You Cope With A Girl Who Snores? / HELP!!! My Girlfriend Snores Too Loud / My Girlfriend Snores In Her Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Partner Snores: by girlsoswit(f): 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2008
Snoring is a very disgusting and irritating habit to me personally and I hate it with all passion in me. I can't stand the noise that emits from the mouth of the person who does it. One of my family friends came to stay with us 4 a month, she slept in my room with me and throughout that month it was like I was in hell because the girl dey snore too much. In the middle of the nyt she goes like,  hon hon hon hon and u would think its a parade ground where drums are being beaten. You need to see the girl in the position, her mouth is always wide open like that of the shark that swallowed Jonah in the bible and then ocean of saliva drips out from the corner of her mouth. Funny enough she sleeps so peacefully without being conscious of what she is doing. I personally tried to find out what really causes it from people and sme people said its as a result of stress and all that. But men I believe its a bad habit that needs a rapt attention. Nw the question.

What are you going to do if your partner is the type that snores a lot?

Are u going to try and help him or her out to get out of it or are u going to simply walk away? Moreover if you are married.

In short, how long can u cope with it?

In addition is there a cure 4 it?  Yeah all pips in the house I would like you to say your own view about SNORING.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by Gamine(f): 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2008
I will buy Donotsnore for Him

e yama !!!!!! angry
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by spikedcylinder: 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2008
girlsoswit:

Snoring is a very disgusting and irritating habit to me personally and I hate it with all passion in me. I can't stand the noise that emits from the mouth of the person who does it. One of my family friends came to stay with us 4 a month, she slept in my room with me and throughout that month it was like I was in hell because the girl dey snore too much. In the middle of the nyt she goes like, hon hon hon hon and u would think its a parade ground where drums are being beaten. You need to see the girl in the position, her mouth is always wide open like that of the shark that swallowed Jonah in the bible and then ocean of saliva drips out from the corner of her mouth. Funny enough she sleeps so peacefully without being conscious of what she is doing. I personally tried to find out what really causes it from people and sme people said its as a result of stress and all that. But men I believe its a bad habit that needs a rapt attention. Nw the question.

What are u going to do if your partner is the type that snores a lot?

Are u going to try and help him or her out to get out of it or are u going to simply walk away? Moreover if u are married.

In short hw long can u cope with it?

In addition is there a cure 4 it? Yeah all pips in the house I would like you to sy your own view about SNORING.

You believe it is a bad habit? Err, no. It is not a habit but some sort of medical condition. Its not like the snorer does it intentionally to punish you. It can be irritating sleeping next to a snorer but I know there are a few medical solutions available around.
Everyone has their quirks and all and I really dont blame people that snore, although I hear some snorers are artificial as a result of drinking too much beer.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by lidbb2(m): 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ poster
i don't think i will be able to stand a snorer in the long term.
i for one am a light sleeper and i wouldn't want to be woken up on a regular basis in the middle of the night by one partner who snores,cos i might not be able to sleep that night again.
besides,i think snoring underlines a medical problem.maybe the throat are partly blocked with mucus or something more serious,so it will be better if my partner checks herself out.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by ssRhino: 1:02pm On Aug 06, 2008
Pray you sleep be4 he/she does, so that you wont even hear the snore, cos that cld be a real sleep killer, however, better to seek medical help.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by kalmebad(f): 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
i don't snorers, it irritates a lot
I pray i don't marry love, but if love com make me waka go meet one snorer, What choice i get? if not to live with it and find wat possible way to deal with it
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by ssRhino: 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2008
kalmebad:

i don't snorers, it irritates a lot
I pray i don't marry love, but if love com make me waka go meet one snorer, What choice i get? if not to live with it and find what possible way to deal with it

Only the person sleeping with u cld tell if you snore or not, u dont listen to yourself in sleep.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by onyekang1(f): 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2008
Honestly, i dnt think its a bad habit cos the snorer, is not conscious of it esp when one has a nasal blockage due to cold.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by ssRhino: 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2008
onyeka_ng:

Honestly, i dnt think its a bad habit because the snorer, is not conscious of it esp when one has a nasal blockage due to cold.

Due to Nasal blockage is not called snoring.
I am sorry to tell yu that it is a very bad thing, i wont call it an habbit, but i will say, it is not good at all, cos the person sleeping beside you will be the one to suffer the consequencies.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by sistawoman: 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2008
Sometimes it cant be helped.

My hubby snores very loudly, but he is going to see a ear, nose and throat doctor and will prob. have to have his atnoids taking out and his sinuses cleared.

It is mostly a medical condtion. Sometimes the atnoids are too big or the throat too small. Weight gain can cause snoreing so can drinking and smoking.

Most snores dont get a full nights rest because thier own snoring wakes them thru the night.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by KarmaMod(f): 3:00pm On Aug 06, 2008
sistawoman:

Most snores don't get a full nights rest because their own snoring wakes them through the night.

More like wakes everyone else up angry
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by ssRhino: 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2008
onyeka_ng:

Honestly, i dnt think its a bad habit because the snorer, is not conscious of it esp when one has a nasal blockage due to cold.

it is a bad medical situation that needs help and attention
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by ssRhino: 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2008
sistawoman:

Sometimes it can't be helped.

My hubby snores very loudly, but he is going to see a ear, nose and throat doctor and will prob. have to have his atnoids taking out and his sinuses cleared.

It is mostly a medical condtion. Sometimes the atnoids are too big or the throat too small. Weight gain can cause snoreing so can drinking and smoking.

Most snores don't get a full nights rest because their own snoring wakes them through the night.

Your husband is a great guy, cos it takes a great man to admit that he got a prob, most men will even tell you they are fine and damn the consequence
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by kalmebad(f): 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2008
$$Rhino:

Only the person sleeping with u cld tell if you snore or not, u don't listen to yourself in sleep.

Thanks for calling me to order of re-reading my typos error

I honestly know i don't snore, ur remark is only telling me u do, poor u, but am not against snoring only that it irritates
Dnt worry o, i will still like u with ur snoring habit grin grin
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by Hazeleyed(f): 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2008
@kalmebad, na u dey go find trouble.where in his post did he say that he snores,

$$Rhino:

Your husband is a great guy, because it takes a great man to admit that he got a prob, most men will even tell you they are fine and damn the consequence

i just hate such ignoramuses, , my boyfriend is one of them
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by ssRhino: 8:29pm On Aug 06, 2008
Hazel-eyed:

@kalmebad, na u dey go find trouble.where in his post did he say that he snores,

i just hate such ignoramuses, , my boyfriend is one of them

try to make him understand how u feel about the whole thing and let him see how he is hurting u by being a jerk.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by sistajay(f): 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2008
sistawoman:

Sometimes it can't be helped.

How do you cope sleepin next  to your husband who snores?
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by sistawoman: 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2008
I go to sleep. My mother used to snore, my first husband used to snore. I know it is not something he is doing on purpose. Just a medical condition that I am making sure gets taken care of.

He scares me sometimes because he stop breathing which is called sleep apnea (sp). And I cant believe that his ex wife never thought to get him treatment.

1 Like

Re: When Your Partner Snores: by ssRhino: 9:59pm On Aug 06, 2008
sistawoman:

I go to sleep. My mother used to snore, my first husband used to snore. I know it is not something he is doing on purpose. Just a medical condition that I am making sure gets taken care of.

He scares me sometimes because he stop breathing which is called sleep apnea (sp). And I can't believe that his ex wife never thought to get him treatment.

u mean it is possible to actually get used to someone that snores besides u?
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by vivaladiva(f): 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2008
stick a smelly sock in it or get anoda room except of cos u live in a face me i face u
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by sistajay(f): 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2008
$$Rhino:

u mean it is possible to actually get used to someone that snores besides u?

There's NO gettin used to someone that snores besides me, lack of sleep turns me into a grumpy person.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by ssRhino: 4:15pm On Aug 07, 2008
sista-jay:

There's NO gettin used to someone that snores besides me, lack of sleep turns me into a grumpy person.

that is what i thought too, except the person is an heavy sleeper, would be hard to sleep thru such.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by nalijah07(f): 4:15pm On Aug 07, 2008
@Rhino -

What will you do if your wife snores loudly?
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by Bluesteps(f): 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2008
Hey guys!
what do u think of a Gospel/inspirational Talent Hunt?because we have a lot of gospel artist who which to be recognise.
Have been seeing a lot of circular artist become stars in a Giffy.
We need to produce more of Infinity, Jeremiah Gyang.
Buss me let me know your take on it.
Thanks
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by rasputinn(m): 4:27pm On Aug 07, 2008
@ Poster

Snoring is not a bad habit,it's not even a habit
It's a medical condition that can be controlled

1 Like

Re: When Your Partner Snores: by xpensiv: 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2008
Easy!!! just shove-over ur partner every 5 mins wink,
Take it as a test of ur luv grin
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by Uby40(m): 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2008
when next ur partner snores, quickly pick up a peg, peg up his or her nostrils,then go back to sleep.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by Moyola(f): 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2008
Uby40:

when next your partner snores, quickly pick up a peg, peg up his or her nostrils,then go back to sleep.

lol. . .

@ topic

it dependz o!!

u knw say snorin get level!! undecided
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by ssRhino: 4:45pm On Aug 07, 2008
nalijah07:

@Rhino -

What will you do if your wife snores loudly?

we will seek medical help fast, and get it fixed.
But wont be east for me at all to sleep, cos any lil sound will keep me up.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by ssRhino: 4:48pm On Aug 07, 2008
xpensiv:

Easy!!! just shove-over your partner every 5 mins wink,
Take it as a test of your love grin

and that means you willbe up every 5 mins too, and what kinda sleep would that be when u wake up every 5 mins.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by onyekang1(f): 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2008
@ Rhino
Am aware in most cases it is a medical condition,but not in all cases esp when one has cold and u can only breath through your mouth.
Re: When Your Partner Snores: by esilove(m): 4:54pm On Aug 07, 2008
[In addition is there a cure 4 it?]

THERE IS A SCIENTIFIC AND NATURALLY CONFIRMED CURE FOR SNORING

IT IS A VERY SIMPLE ONE,

"JUST USE UR HAND OR A PIECE OF PAPER TO COVER HIS OR HER NOSTRIL AND MOUTH FOR 90MINS.  HE OR SHE WILL NEVER SNORE AGAIN FOREVER.

IF THE SNORING CONTINUE, CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR ON bradock4life@yahoo.com or 08036494375

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Me See Wahala! / PHOTO: What Would You Do In This Situation / Why Is She Good To Be Your Babymama Alone And Not Your Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.