Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria (11622 Views)

Ghana To Legalize Gay Marriage Soon / Ghana To Export Cars To Nigeria And The Rest Of Africa. / Ghana To Re-open Nigerian Shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by atlwireles: 8:04pm On Jan 02, 2014
ipain: As for the Ghanians on here, give it to them like it hot and stand for your country.

Nonsense!

What are you really saying?
Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Theben(m): 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
Jigga_man101:

But Nigeria is non of these countries. Those country you mentioned can be compare to each other because they all developed and the only thing that separates them is land mass and pop but Ghana and Nigeria is like day and night and apart from pop and land mass Ghana is better in everything compare to Nigeria.
Ever heard the word analogy? Nigeria is to Ghana as Germany is to Austria. Nigeria is bigger than Ghana in all ramifications. We are only rivals in football and that is where it ends. The only two African country that is near Nigeria in terms development are Egypt and South Africa.

Take away Accra from Ghana, and Ghana will be a local village without civilisation. The Economy of Lagos state is larger than the economy of the entire Ghana. Mind you, lagos does not depend on oil wealth to sustain itself.

Nollywood is larger than every movie industry in Africa. 3rd largest in the world, behind hollywood and bollywood. Nigeria is ranked as the best investment destination in the entire Africa.

I dare say that Ghana will never survive should they be plagued by terrorists. Despite attacks from boko haram insurgents in the north eastern part of Naija, our economy still maintain the same growth rate.

Abeg, it is an abomination to compare Naija with Ghana. Just make further attempt to compare and I'll expose Ghana the more. Trust me

2 Likes

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Krasid(m): 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
I find this comparison really stvpid and absurd.How can you compare Nigeria and Ghana?.Ghana is not bad but Nigeria beats them in all spheres hands down.
Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by onemopol: 9:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
obubeberan: i heard people comparing Ghana wit Nigeria. I was watching one interview and the man was ask this question. Here is his reply, how can u compare Nigeria wit Ghana that all the water they are using in the country is not up to the one use to flush toilet in Lagos. Since i have been going to Ghana i have justaposin the two country bt nt yet reach conclusion. So what is view, can u compare GHANA to NIGERIA?

Lets not be senseless in our comparison here.

Ghana has better functioning systems.

I know someone that has stayed in Ghana for 3 months and confessed that he does not even have a rechargeable lamp. Nigeria still has a lot of work to do.

1 Like

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by onemopol: 9:37pm On Jan 02, 2014
Krasid: I find this comparison really stvpid and absurd.How can you compare Nigeria and Ghana?.Ghana is not bad but Nigeria beats them in all spheres hands down.

Big lie
Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Jiggaman101: 10:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
Theben:
Ever heard the word analogy? Nigeria is to Ghana as Germany is to Austria. Nigeria is bigger than Ghana in all ramifications. We are only rivals in football and that is where it ends. The only two African country that is near Nigeria in terms development are Egypt and South Africa.

Take away Accra from Ghana, and Ghana will be a local village without civilisation. The Economy of Lagos state is larger than the economy of the entire Ghana. Mind you, lagos does not depend on oil wealth to sustain itself.

Nollywood is larger than every movie industry in Africa. 3rd largest in the world, behind hollywood and bollywood. Nigeria is ranked as the best investment destination in the entire Africa.

I dare say that Ghana will never survive should they be plagued by terrorists. Despite attacks from boko haram insurgents in the north eastern part of Naija, our economy still maintain the same growth rate.

Abeg, it is an abomination to compare Naija with Ghana. Just make further attempt to compare and I'll expose Ghana the more. Trust me

Nigeria is bigger than Ghana in only pop and land mass apart from that there is no competition. Ghana has lower crime, lower maternal mortality rate,better education system, better electrification, better access to water, better road network, safer, easy to be business, better organized, less corruption, higher life expectancy, and above all higher HDI. These are the things we judge a country on. While Nigeria GDP is bigger than Ghana's, we have higher per capital and our gini is very low. Ghana's economy is diverse while yours is oil base.

In terms of movies, come on you can't be serious. Anyone can shoot movies with a cell phone camera. Which is what Nigerians are doing. Shoot so much movies with low quality, bad sound and illiterate actress and actors. We are talking about quality and yes Nigeria took over USA in movies because y'all produce so much with no direction.

Nigeria si nowhere as developed as South Africa or Egypt. Nigeria is one of the least developed countries in west Africa.

That's why your government takes y'all for a ride all the time, y'all don't hold your government accountable. Y'all believe in that giant of Africa mess that you don't understand that you are just a mess. Giant of delusion that's more like it.

5 Likes

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 02, 2014

1 Like

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by ipain: 11:13pm On Jan 02, 2014
Jigga_man101:

Nigeria is bigger than Ghana in only pop and land mass apart from that there is no competition. Ghana has lower crime, lower maternal mortality rate,better education system, better electrification, better access to water, better road network, safer, easy to be business, better organized, less corruption, higher life expectancy, and above all higher HDI. These are the things we judge a country on. While Nigeria GDP is bigger than Ghana's, we have higher per capital and our gini is very low. Ghana's economy is diverse while yours is oil base.

In terms of movies, come on you can't be serious. Anyone can shoot movies with a cell phone camera. Which is what Nigerians are doing. Shoot so much movies with low quality, bad sound and illiterate actress and actors. We are talking about quality and yes Nigeria took over USA in movies because y'all produce so much with no direction.

Nigeria si nowhere as developed as South Africa or Egypt. Nigeria is one of the least developed countries in west Africa.

That's why your government takes y'all for a ride all the time, y'all don't hold your government accountable. Y'all believe in that giant of Africa mess that you don't understand that you are just a mess. Giant of delusion that's more like it.

I want my fellow Nigerians to dispute this. But as usual, we know the truth but would hardly accept it, which one of our greatest undoings.
Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Theben(m): 11:19pm On Jan 02, 2014
Jiggaman, I'm too tired to reply your lengthy post. Not that you actually won but I'm too stressed up to start digging for info and disputing the hogwash you wrote there. Tomorrow is another day. Good night
Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
Jigga_man101:

Look at this deluded one. You have no shame. Talking garbage about Nigeria that is ten times bigger than Ghana, with ten times more mouths to feed. Of course Ghana should have less problems. Even more, you should be like a Kuwait or Saudi Arabia based on your tiny population and huge resources. But sadly your country is actually a disgrace. With your tiny 20 million population - less than Lagos, you are the world's largest exporter of cocoa, Africa's second biggest gold exporter after South Africa, a major exporter of manganese and iron ore, and now an oil and gas producer. Yet less than half your population is connected to the national electricity grid, with poverty rife throughout the country. Your villages are as backward and neglected as ever. The north of your country is like Somalia. What happened to all the money? The problem with your country is that people like you prefer to propagate the 'Ghana is an angelic country' myth, in order to feel good about yourselves, rather than ask hard questions of your leaders, and what they really do with all the money you make. Stay there comparing yourselves to Nigeria. By the ''criteria'' you listed, you are even more advanced than India, Brazil and most developing states with huge populations. I'm sure India has more bad roads, bad schools and more unelectrified homes and illiterates than Ghana.... But we know where India stands in relation to Ghana, ie more advanced than you. Nigeria is the same. More advanced than you even if you have a more 'satisfied' tiny population. We all know that you should be doing a LOT better considering your tiny population and massive resources. That's what should be concentrating your mind.

1 Like

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Jiggaman101: 11:24pm On Jan 02, 2014
Theben: Jiggaman, I'm too tired to reply your lengthy post. Not that you actually won but I'm too stressed up to start digging for info and disputing the hogwash you wrote there. Tomorrow is another day. Good night

Theben, it is the truth, there are things Nigeria and Nigerians are good at and I will not dare compare Ghana to. When it comes to music and entertainment Ghana is no where near Nigeria and when it comes to business, Nigerians are also better. I strongly believe what I wrote to be true and I have envied nice to prove it.
Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Jiggaman101: 11:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Look at this deluded one. You have no shame. Talking garbage about Nigeria that is ten times bigger than Ghana, with ten times more mouths to feed. Of course Ghana should have less problems. Even more, you should be like a Kuwait or Saudi Arabia based on your tiny population and huge resources. But sadly your country is actually a disgrace. With your tiny 20 million population - less than Lagos, you are the world's largest exporter of cocoa, Africa's second biggest gold exporter after South Africa, a major exporter of manganese and iron ore, and now an oil and gas producer. Yet less than half your population is connected to the national electricity grid, with poverty rife throughout the country. Your villages as backward and neglected as ever. What happened to all the money? The problem with your country is that people like you prefer to propagate the 'Ghana is an angelic country' myth, in order to feel good about yourselves, rather than ask hard questions of your leaders, and what they really do with all the money you make. Stay there comparing yourselves to Nigeria. By the ''criteria'' you listed, you are even more advanced than India, Brazil and most developing states with huge populations. I'm sure India has more bad roads, bad schools and more unelectrified homes than Ghana.... But we all know that you should be doing a LOT better considering of your tiny population and massive resources.

That's a whole different story, is Ghana performing at its best, hell no. Should Ghana be on the same level with Singapore, South Korea and all the other Asian tigers hell yeah. Is Ghana underperforming hell yeah. We know we are not where we want to be but we are trying and we strongly believe we will get there one day. Ghanaians are own biggest critics, most of the negative stories you find about Ghana are published by Ghanaians.

Nigeria also should be at the same level with brazil and other countries.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Jiggaman101: 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Look at this deluded one. You have no shame. Talking garbage about Nigeria that is ten times bigger than Ghana, with ten times more mouths to feed. Of course Ghana should have less problems. Even more, you should be like a Kuwait or Saudi Arabia based on your tiny population and huge resources. But sadly your country is actually a disgrace. With your tiny 20 million population - less than Lagos, you are the world's largest exporter of cocoa, Africa's second biggest gold exporter after South Africa, a major exporter of manganese and iron ore, and now an oil and gas producer. Yet less than half your population is connected to the national electricity grid, with poverty rife throughout the country. Your villages are as backward and neglected as ever. The north of your country is like Somalia. What happened to all the money? The problem with your country is that people like you prefer to propagate the 'Ghana is an angelic country' myth, in order to feel good about yourselves, rather than ask hard questions of your leaders, and what they really do with all the money you make. Stay there comparing yourselves to Nigeria. By the ''criteria'' you listed, you are even more advanced than India, Brazil and most developing states with huge populations. I'm sure India has more bad roads, bad schools and more unelectrified homes and illiterates than Ghana.... But we know where India stands in relation to Ghana, ie more advanced than you. Nigeria is the same. More advanced than you even if you have a more 'satisfied' tiny population. We all know that you should be doing a LOT better considering your tiny population and massive resources. That's what should be concentrating your mind.

72% of Ghanaians are connected to the national grid compare to the national grid and by 2020 100% will be connected. While in Nigeria it is 45% and they plan to get 75% of the pop connected.

http://www.uneprisoe.org/~/media/Sites/Uneprisoe/Workshop%20Presentations%20(Powerpoints)/SE4%20All%20Presentations/abavana%20-%20electricity%20access%20progress%20in%20ghana.ashx

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/fg-targets-75-percent-rural-electrification-2020

2 Likes

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by PetroDolla2: 11:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
Jigga_man101:

72% of Ghanaians are connected to the national grid compare to the national grid and by 2020 100% will be connected. While in Nigeria it is 45% and they plan to get 75% of the pop connected.

http://www.uneprisoe.org/~/media/Sites/Uneprisoe/Workshop%20Presentations%20(Powerpoints)/SE4%20All%20Presentations/abavana%20-%20electricity%20access%20progress%20in%20ghana.ashx

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/fg-targets-75-percent-rural-electrification-2020
as a matter of fact the nigerian govt has provided more money for generators and diesel in the 2014 budget. no hope in sight for these clueless folks grin

2 Likes

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 03, 2014
Jigga_man101:

More shamelessness. 72% of Ghanaians is less than 17 million people. Halleluyah. Wonderful achievement!!

45% of 170 million people is over 80 million people connected. And you're still comparing your puny selves with Nigeria? Meanwhile even those 15 million people ''remain in perpetual darkness'' due to power cuts according to one Ghanaian politician.

www.uneprisoe.org/~/media/Sites/Uneprisoe/Workshop%20Presentations%20(Powerpoints)/SE4%20All%20Presentations/abavana%20-%20electricity%20access%20progress%20in%20ghana.ashx

Really, you guys should just SHUT UP AND BE QUIET. Una neva reach.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by PetroDolla2: 12:08am On Jan 03, 2014
ROSSIKE:

hahahahaha only a mumugerian can spew such crass crap. between mumudom and Ghana which one is an embarrassment? yeye dey smell. heard fome of your suffering and no longer smiling compatriots are calling a hunger strike to protest hardship in your country. you better join them,huh? https://www.nairaland.com/1575272/national-hunger-strikehttps://www.nairaland.com/1297306/woman-protest-lagos-over-hunger

people are even committing suicide by setting themselves on fire and you are talking rubbish? https://www.nairaland.com/1575652/economic-hardship-fedrick-onuigbo-set

soldier kills driver over 100naira in Lagos? this kind of crap can never happen in Ghana because Ghanaian soldiers are well paid. they don't go about intimidating transporters and insisting on ridding public transport for fsree https://www.nairaland.com/1574786/soldier-kills-danfo-driver-lagos

2 Likes

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by PetroDolla2: 12:12am On Jan 03, 2014
ROSSIKE:

More shamelessness. 72% of Ghanaians is less than 14 million people. Halleluyah. Wonderful achievement!!

45% of 170 million people is over 80 million people connected. And you're still comparing your puny selves with Nigeria? Meanwhile even those 15 million people ''remain in perpetual darkness'' due to power cuts according to one Ghanaian politician.

www.uneprisoe.org/~/media/Sites/Uneprisoe/Workshop%20Presentations%20(Powerpoints)/SE4%20All%20Presentations/abavana%20-%20electricity%20access%20progress%20in%20ghana.ashx

yes, we never reach. in fact naija has over reached sef and that is why you people eat from the dustbin,huh? is that why 419ners, yahoo yahoo, pick pockets, armed robbers, ritualists, witches and wizrds, militants, oil bunkerers, pirates, pimps and pr0stitutes, terrorists etc etc etc etc have taken over your country? hahahaha sh1tnigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 03, 2014
PetroDolla2:

hahahahaha only a mumugerian can spew such crass crap. between mumudom and Ghana which one is an embarrassment? yeye dey smell. heard fome of your suffering and no longer smiling compatriots are calling a hunger strike to protest hardship in your country. you better join them,huh? https://www.nairaland.com/1575272/national-hunger-strikehttps://www.nairaland.com/1297306/woman-protest-lagos-over-hunger

people are even committing suicide by setting themselves on fire and you are talking rubbish? https://www.nairaland.com/1575652/economic-hardship-fedrick-onuigbo-set

soldier kills driver over 100naira in Lagos? this kind of crap can never happen in Ghana because Ghanaian soldiers are well paid. they don't go about intimidating transporters and insisting on ridding public transport for fsree https://www.nairaland.com/1574786/soldier-kills-danfo-driver-lagos

I'll give a big fat YAWWNNN to that. Two developing states: Nigeria has nearly 200 million people compared to your 20 million. You are bound to find all sorts of stories in Nigeria compared to a comparative village like Ghana. As for poverty-related suicide, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.:

''Head of the Sociology Department at the University of Ghana, Dr Dan-Bright Dzorgbo, has stated that the rising case of suicide in Ghana was as a result of social inequality; due to the wide gap between the rich and the poor.''

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=296656

1 Like

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by PetroDolla2: 12:16am On Jan 03, 2014
ROSSIKE:

DAMN LIAR:

http://www.theafricareport.com/West-Africa/ghana-erratic-power-supply-haunts-government.html

http://www.spyghana.com/the-agony-of-electricity-consumers-in-ghana/

http://news.peacefmonline.com/pages/social/201312/184295.php

http://www.modernghana.com/news/449313/1/power-cuts-water-crisis-are-ndc-achievements-for-o.html

http://www.spyghana.com/power-cut-halts-proceedings-parliament/

Hahahaha someone in Ghana is telling you power supply is regular and constant, and you are busy copying and pasting some crap from the Internet? LOL see mugu yaro with a pea brain. grin

Yes, there was a slight hiccup with supply months ago, but that had been long resolved. You can ask your nigerian compatriots living in Ghana about the state of power supply at the moment. My light has not blinked in several weeks. Hahahaha http://www.spyghana.com/ghana-to-extend-electrity-to-1500-rural-communities/
heard your government has provided more money for generators and diesel in the 2014 budget. Fuckeduppedness still no light at the end of the tunnel for nigeria? 2014 and yet you guys still sleep in darkness? I wonder the amount of generator fumes the average nigerian consumes in his or her lifetime Unfvckinbeliavably pathetic grin

2 Likes

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by PetroDolla2: 12:18am On Jan 03, 2014
ROSSIKE:

I'll give a big fat YAWWNNN to that. Two developing states: Nigeria has nearly 200 million people compared to your 20 million. You are bound to find all sorts of stories in Nigeria compared to a comparative village like Ghana. As for poverty-related suicide, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.:

''Head of the Sociology Department at the University of Ghana, Dr Dan-Bright Dzorgbo, has stated that the rising case of suicide in Ghana was as a result of social inequality; due to the wide gap between the rich and the poor.''

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=296656

hahahahaha grin so Mr.MUMU-in-Chief, what is the suicidse rate in Ghana, compared with your sh1thole? let's comapare,huh? sh1tnigeria paa

2 Likes

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Jiggaman101: 12:20am On Jan 03, 2014
ROSSIKE:

More shamelessness. 72% of Ghanaians is less than 17 million people. Halleluyah. Wonderful achievement!!

Now understand I am arguing with a retard, no matter what your pop you should be able to cater for them, no one ask y'all to produce all them people if you can't provide for them. That's why we use percentage and not actual pop. If I have 5 children I have to work 5x as harder than someone who has 1 to provide for all of them. If I can't then I have failed. Thus why Nigeria is known as a failed country.

4 Likes

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by PetroDolla2: 12:27am On Jan 03, 2014
Theben:

hahahahaha so what are you waiting for? 'expose' Ghana quick quick now. such a m0ron with an IQ of 2. I am waiting for you, dog. by the time I finish with your and your sh1thole you'll feel too ashamed to call yourself a mumugerian.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 03, 2014
PetroDolla2: yes, we never reach. in fact naija has over reached sef and that is why you people eat from the dustbin,huh?

is that why 419ners, yahoo yahoo, pick pockets, armed robbers, ritualists, witches and wizrds, militants, oil bunkerers, pirates, pimps and pr0stitutes, terrorists etc etc etc etc have taken over your country? hahahaha sh1tnigeria grin

Dude, I'm not like these other folks that take seriously your illiterate smears. Maybe you should read your own Ghana news on Google to get a feel for what's really happening in your country. The massive power failures, corruption, prostitution, online fraud, robberies etc - all on the rise in Ghana.

You guys should at least be like Kuwait. Yet you're here mincing words with a fellow developing nation with 200 million people to cater for. You really have no shame. At least those ills you mentioned are Nigerian society's way of challenging its leaders to excel. When will Ghanaians wake up from their slumber, cause some political fracas and hold their leaders to account? Like I said, for a country of just 20 million to be Africa's second largest gold exporter after SA, world's largest cocoa exporter, and oil and gas producer, you should be a million miles ahead of Nigeria in terms of living standards. Poverty should have been eradicated decades ago. You really have no shame. Go on... reel out more Nigerian vices to satisfy your small-minded ego while your nation's leaders take you for the dumbite you are, misusing your resources.

1 Like

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by PetroDolla2: 12:29am On Jan 03, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Dude, I'm not like these other folks that take seriously your illiterate smears. Maybe you should read your own Ghana news on Google to get a feel for what's really happening in your country. The massive power failures, corruption, prostitution, online fraud, robberies etc - all on the rise in Ghana.

You guys should at least be like Kuwait. Yet you're here mincing words with a country with 200 million people to cater for. You really have no shame. At least those ills you mentioned are Nigerian society's way of challenging their leaders to excel. When will Ghanaians wake up from their slumber, cause some political fracas and hold their leaders to account? Like I said for a country of just 20 million to be Africa's second gold exporter after SA, world's largest cocoa exporter, and oil and gas producer, you should be a million miles ahead of Nigeria in terms of living standards. You really have no shame.
ma guy it's obvious you have nothing intelligent to say. It is not in your DNA to ever say anything intelligent. such a modafaking f00000l. even my dog will exhibit more sense than you. what a senseless mor0n

yes, Ghana is ahead of your dustbin country in lifse expectancy, in employment levels, poverty levels, corruption levels, access to electricity, education, clean water. even FIFA ranking! so what did you do with your oil money?

1 Like

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 03, 2014
^^The truth is bitter.
Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 03, 2014
PetroDolla2: ma guy it's obvious you have nothing intelligent to say. It is not in your DNA to ever say anything intelligent. such a modafaking f00000l. even my dog will exhibit more sense than you. what a senseless mor0n

yes, Ghana is ahead of your dustbin country in lifse expectancy, in employment levels, poverty levels, corruption levels, access to electricity, education, clean water. even FIFA ranking! so what did you do with your oil money?
You SHOULD be ahead in terms of those things. There's nothing surprising about it. If Nigeria had only 20 million people, they'd all fit into Abuja and everyone would live like lords. That is where Ghana is today, yet majority are suffering and power cuts are the norm. Why? Sure, Nigeria wasted a lot of money but a lot of it went to good use. it has over 80 million people connected to the grid, 135 universities, a car manufacturing industry, Africa's most extensive road network, is Africa's largest cement producer, has 22 major (and newly remodeled) airports connecting the whole country, a middle class approaching 60 million, and growing infrastructure that dwarfs whatever Ghana is doing.

1 Like

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 03, 2014
PetroDolla2:

Hahahaha someone in Ghana is telling you power supply is regular and constant, and you are busy copying and pasting some crap from the Internet? LOL see mugu yaro with a pea brain. grin

Yes, there was a slight hiccup with supply months ago, but that had been long resolved. You can ask your nigerian compatriots living in Ghana about the state of power supply at the moment. My light has not blinked in several weeks. Hahahaha http://www.spyghana.com/ghana-to-extend-electrity-to-1500-rural-communities/

Keep lying to yourself. Many of the news links were posted just days ago, not ''slight hiccup months ago''. And news reports are far more reliable and credible sources of information than ''your friend in Ghana''.

1 Like

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by SantaMafia: 1:10am On Jan 03, 2014
what f00lish logic is that?Ghanaians have a better standard of living not because it has managed its economy better.simplicita.nigeria sells more than 2 million barrels of oil a day.do u know how much money that is?ur leaders r chopping ur oil money.

1 Like

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 03, 2014
SantaMafia: what f00lish logic is that?Ghanaians have a better standard of living not because it has managed its economy better.simplicita.nigeria sells more than 2 million barrels of oil a day.do u know how much money that is?ur leaders r chopping ur oil money.

2 million barrels a day sounds like a lot... but it really isn't for a population the size of Nigeria. Kuwait with two million people export the same amount per day. Nigeria's oil reserves are even less than Kuwait's. Saudi Arabia with 25 million people export 8 MILLION barrels a day. These are the nations Ghana should be comparing themselves with - small countries with large resources which have no excuse to have poor people. Coming here to brag that you have (slightly) ''higher living standards than Nigerians'' is actually symptomatic of your failure as a nation more than anything else.

1 Like

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by SantaMafia: 1:21am On Jan 03, 2014
I am live in Accra and can confirm there is no problem with electricity. the light has not gone off for a second in several weeks.it hasn't even blinked.LOL how is lagos tonite?hope u guys have light.heard most folks didn't have light even at xmas!

1 Like

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 03, 2014
SantaMafia: I am live in Accra and can confirm there is no problem with electricity. the light has not gone off for a second in several weeks.it hasn't even blinked.LOL how is lagos tonite?hope u guys have light.heard most folks didn't have light even at xmas!

Why should your light 'blink' when Accra is your only real city with just 2 million people in it? Lagos is a city of 25 million people. If even 1/2 of them had light over christmas, that's more than 6 times the power generation for Accra. You are not on Nigeria's level.

1 Like

Re: Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria by SantaMafia: 1:32am On Jan 03, 2014
hahaha Ghana should compare with saudi arabia? and nigeria should compare with which countries? since we are supposed to compare Ghana with saudi and kuwait,can you give me Ghana's revenue profile and that of saudi arabia etc?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Agitation For Biafra, Setback For Igbo Presidency —moghalu / Bayelsa West: APC Members Defect To PDP In Protest Of Zoning Violation / Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.