Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,940 members, 7,821,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (52356 Views)

Militants Ready To Defend Jonathan – Asari-dokubo / Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative / Atiku Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by pazienza(m): 7:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
Lordlexyy: You soon had forgoten that the incubent was massively voted for during the last election inspite of the fact that he was a minority. Glaring performance remains the only tool that can silence your distractors. Average Nigerians careless about where you come from, they yearn for better leadership that can bring meaninful development. If the incubent had done enough that glaring impact the lives of Nigerians, no one would find an occasion to accused him, and if any does just for politics sake, his battle would have been fought by the masses. I always agree that GEJ govt is far better than Obj's own however, attempt by his kins men to personalised the presidency and use threat of war everytime someone raised an objection, is quite worrisome, clannish and archaic. Our resolve should always be; to fight a common goal to better the lots of this country, because whether anyone likes it, Nigeria has come to stay and no amount ethnicity display here is ever enough to subjugate it.

If Obj earned a second term, then i believe that any sincere person not blinded by tribal and regional sentiments will know that GEJ deserves a second tenure,he had done enough already, though i believe he can do better, and opposition is a good thing, as it brings the best out of those in power, but opposition must be guided by sincerity and not tribal/regional sentiments and a feeling of superiority and birth right retrieval.

His administration remains the best Nigerians have seen so far, based on performance level. The country as a whole has witnessed massive improvement of infrastructure in GEJ tenure, our electoral system is becoming better cos GEJ unlike someone i know, isn't a do or die politician. Going by world standard, GEJ is still scored below pass mark, but going by the standard our past rulers set,, GEJ remains the best so far and by a wide margin.

9 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by pazienza(m): 8:02pm On Jan 03, 2014
chucky234: OBJ has done more for this country than Asari Dokubo whose only aim was to steal petroleum funds stashed away in Benin Republic, he should just shut the fvck up.

Maybe for his Yoruba people, i wouldn't doubt that, since i am not a Yoruba and in no position to know about that. But if Nigeria includes bakassi people, odi people and Ndiigbo, then i can rightly tell you that your OBJ is a useless guy, no one needs him.

By the way, i thought you were supposed to be an Ukwuani? Or am i missing something here? Nawa for Nairaland o! Too many fake people, a yo.roba guy masquarading as an Ukwuani all these while. *SMH*

Reminds me of Hnosege, who is supposed to be Ika, but whose nairaland posts sounds more pro yor.oba than Awo himself. And then you have Kel** who is an Ikwerre but more pro yo.roba than FFK himself. Funny funny identities.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by ibietela2(m): 8:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
fkaz:

Nawa o, 2 hours ago near cotonou, benin, The big foool Alabo Edi-abali of kalabari is now staying between nigeria and benin boundary to write letter author biography.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are a big foool......... Seems you don't know how Facebook status update works.......... Even those in Delhi, Facebook will write "near new Delhi"
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by kraftykc(m): 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
When people talk about problems of the country I expect Asari to seat there and stay shut. We cannot continue to give asses like him any audience
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by texazzpete(m): 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
And we're supposed to care when a treasonous loud mouthed fellow writes an open letter?

Feeding fat on amnesty funds while his personal fortune (the size of which is yet to be explained) is used to emancipate himself and the people of Benin Republic and not the people of the Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by kraftykc(m): 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
pazienza:

Maybe for his Yoruba people, i wouldn't doubt that, since i am not a Yoruba and in no position to know about that. But if Nigeria includes bakassi people, odi people and Ndiigbo, then i can rightly tell you that your OBJ is a useless guy, no one needs him.

By the way, i thought you were supposed to be an Ukwuani? Or am i missing something here? Nawa for Nairaland o! Too many fake people, a yo.roba guy masquarading as an Ukwuani all these while. *SMH*

Reminds me of Hnosege, who is supposed to be Ika, but whose nairaland posts sounds more pro yor.oba than Awo himself. And then you have Kel** who is an Ikwerre but more pro yo.roba than FFK himself. Funny funny identities.

Speak for yourself, Obj's tenure brought more prosperity for entire country and even Igbos. Stop opening your mouth to proclaim for entire people because my entire state of Enugu hates the GEJ administration

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by twentycent(m): 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
Coming soon to the nearest FT of Nairaland&Emails....Twentycent Open Letter hitting the cinemas also lest I forget...abeg make una ready to grab ur copy nw
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by pazienza(m): 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
kraftykc: When people talk about problems of the country I expect Asari to seat there and stay shut. We cannot continue to give asses like him any audience

Well, Edi Abali is a Niger deltan hero, any day Nigeria as a country finds a way to exist without drilling oil from Niger delta, that's the day people like Dokubo will become irrelevant, or better still, if Nigerians can manage to carve Niger delta out of Nigeria map, then Nigerians wouldn't have to worry about what Dokubo and his types have to say.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by pazienza(m): 8:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
kraftykc:

Speak for yourself, Obj's tenure brought more prosperity for entire country and even Igbos. Stop opening your mouth to proclaim for entire people because my entire state of Enugu hates the GEJ administration

Nawao! So we are now going to have a pro yoro.ba Enugu man. *grins* . And the moniker multiplication continues. Haha!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by ChikezieU(m): 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
mazizi tonene: Una mean say militants sabi english like this
mehn! whoever composed that letter deserves a thumb up, very nice english.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by spacechuks(m): 8:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
LBT: Asari is an artist in a circus where he think he can out perform clowns that own the circus; he would have made sense if he had left certain issue like other ethnic groups out but he went on to make more enemies, he spoke about spiritual encounters that make me laugh a little, he claim to be a muslim & he is still wearing amulets and using charms! The way things are going may make jonathan the last Ijaw man that will ever rule Nigeria; don't miss cute me because the entity called Nigeria will continue for decades if not century to come, the worst is that we get to fight another civil war which will be more devastating that the earlier one fought between 1966 - 1970 not 1967 - 1970 that people are made to believe. Though am neither a supporter of Obasanjo nor that of Asari but asari should know that if it comes to full blown civil war, his side would lose heavily because other tribes outside the former biafran enclaves are sick and tired of the ijaw arrogance & their thought that they can fight and win a full blown civil war; Asari should know that its the same biafran state that fought the first civil war that is going to fight another one God forbid; but if I happens they are going to lose seriously in numbers and land mass which may make so many people refugees within and out side their ancestral homes; another civil war in Nigeria will never be like war ever seen in africa,middle east or even asia; I believe in one Nigeria because I have eat and dined with people of different ethic groups in Nigeria and have good friends amongst them, so I don't won't another civil way in Nigeria because most that start it will not see the end. Nigeria of today have different ethnic groups in Nigeria getting seriously trained & heavily armed and I put it to Asari that many ethnic groups are better armed than his as well as his supporters; he keep bragging about having military training outside Nigeria while some have better military trainings outside Nigeria but don't brag or make noise about it. May God Almighty help the innocent that ain't the one beating drums of war.
are you a learner?,if any war is to ensue under the tutelage of Gej,with an Ibo as the army head,do you think the west and north can win.let's make reference to Gowon during the civil war who used the army against biafrans,so be educated,if any war comes,you westerners and northerners will lose
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by rhames(m): 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
geeez: Is this a response to OBJ's letter or an attempt to settle a score?

But how can Asari say OBJ impoverished the ND?

He increased derivation to 13% and has remained so ever since

He created the NDDC and Ministry of the Niger Delta and no other institution or parastatal has been formed with respect to the ND after that

I'm sure we've not heard the last of this

The biggest problem of these Niger Delta people is their own leaders.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by nnaemeka38(m): 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
Obasanjo has brought himself so low. He is such a stupid and the most irresponsible grandfather. Asari my man, carry on with the struggle to ensure that Nigeria siezes to exist. God will always protect you for speaking and fighting for the minorities in this world-class 1914 almagamation mistake called NIGERIA. As for me, I remain a Biafran an
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by oludamy(m): 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
i sure say na Festus Keyamo write dis letter.... E too sure
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Tunsboy17(m): 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
This man is devil's incanate
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Tunsboy17(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
Obj is nigeria moses.Gej is Nigeria joshua.Dokunbo Asari is simply judas iscariot

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by addicted268(f): 9:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
ontarian:

If you think that a letter by Asari Dokubo is by any means, a parameter to measure the IQ of the Ijaws and that of OBJ, the Yorubas, then you must be joking. If an Ijaw man, ibibio man, tiv man or anybody from any tribe for that matter can't rule naija, you must be one of those people who think that you and your tribe are better than others.

Truth is, every tribe has fools as well as great and wise men. No region has any form of monopoly of knowledge or stupidity.
Why are u praising your tribe while ridiculing the Ijaws?
Stop this kind of post that reduce and mock others.

We either live together as one and equal, or let those who think they are better , leave the "stupid ones" to wallow in their "stupidity".

What has the Niger Delta gained from the Federal Republic of Nigeria all these years? Nothing! What has any other region gained? Same answer, nothing.

When our leaders loot our destiny, they share it with their cronies. When they share, tribe doesn't matter. Cliques do.

OBJ was reckless with that letter. He's an elder statesman and should have treated the seat of the c-in-c with more respect and dignity, having been there twice. The people that sat on a seat before, would go a long way to determine how revered it would be in the future. If those before presido Jona were as great as they want us to believe, that seat would still be great today, no matter who sits there.

Unfortunately, in the voice of the great Fela, it is still "soja go, soja come."

I read every single word in the letter,I also read every single reply.so far,I think this is the most sensible.the common masses are killing themselves along ethnic and religious divides based on propaganda fed them by the politicians.in the end,they are in it for their personal interests.like you rightly said,when its time to share the money,it becomes a clique affair.
The earlier the masses realize that the struggle shouldn't be about tribes,regions or religion,the better for us.the earlier the masses realize that the struggle should be about Nigerians uniting as one(irrespective of region,religion or even party affiliations) and demanding accountability from PAST and PRESENT leaders,the better for us.sadly,I don't see this happening.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by fxseven(m): 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
kraftykc:

Big lie my dear. NO ONE HATE GEJ IN ENUGU
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by ChikezieU(m): 9:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ustec: What is fedralism pls?
A govt of equall regional power
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by ChikezieU(m): 9:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ustec: What is fedralism pls?
A govt of equall regional power: not where the head does as they like
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by ratiken(m): 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
kraftykc:

Here in Osun state, everyone hates APC & Tinubu cheesy
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by pazienza(m): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2014
rati ken:

Here in Osun state, everyone hates APC & Tinubu cheesy

Yea, and i heard from a reliable source,that in heaven, people hate God and Jesus, that they actually have a potrait of lucifer in their rooms. *grins*
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by irokop(m): 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
pls we need more of this type of Edi Abali in the old eastern region. if i may ask pls why is bokoharam bombing churchs in northern nigeria if we are one nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Joesmith012: 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
Alh a sari dokubo alias ediabali has spoken well, now I'm waiting to see d reaction of this sovereign state as regard to dokubo unveiled Obj plots with Ex governor to assassinate him with snipper which he accuses innocent president gej of. He knows much about snippers I think he should be scrutinize on that aspect so as to assure the security of life and property of this great nation because as he claimed that some great politicians are placed on watch list, he should point out the people on this watch list or he should be charged for treason. that will attract discipline to others. cool
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by jackydon(m): 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
Is this a letter or TEXT BOOK?Is this a letter or TEXT BOOK?Is this a letter or TEXT BOOK?
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by curtain: 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2014
Gej must be allowed to go for second term so that the imminent danger be postponed, else there will be no single drop of fuel to run the economy by any other leader and when millitary force is attempted on the south-southern people, there will be an out-break of an un-precedented war and we will all be consume in it.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by agabaI23(m): 10:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
A beautiful write up. I kept wondering at Asari's writing skills and sense of history. He writes very well and has revealed more about OBJ and his cult of snipers.

This is a good read. Try it!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by segunphilips(m): 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2014
Dokubo should send this to Nollywood for 2014 award winning film, titled: Obadoku...tell Dokubo to make his points clearer and well arranged next time. His letter was too long and boring to read....he has lengthy narrations with no clear presented cases...in all I salute his courage and boldness..
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by agabaI23(m): 10:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
OBJ believes moslems are lost and yet he thinks GEJ is polarising the country along moslem-Christian line. Hmmmm
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Ralfdudu(m): 10:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
Series of series of open and leaked letters,it shows that the time is up for 9ja,but abeg make them wait first make i take the five months salary wey rivers state government dey hol me o
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by PastorOla1: 10:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
This ijaw boy is too big to use his head, "No be him write am" Certainly no one from OBJ camp will like to join issues with asawereyi, cause he is a non issue in the power game. Why does he think and talk as if he has more one vote. He is the greatest enemy of GEJ. Nonsense! If has the power let just declare GEJ president before 2015 elections please. DEMOCRAZY is a game and remains a game of numbers. When the chips are down the useless boy will still go for the highest bidder. If he has faith in Nigeria and 2015 why go establish university in Benin Republic.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Lordlexyy: 11:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
ontarian:

If you think that a letter by Asari Dokubo is by any means, a parameter to measure the IQ of the Ijaws and that of OBJ, the Yorubas, then you must be joking. If an Ijaw man, ibibio man, tiv man or anybody from any tribe for that matter can't rule naija, you must be one of those people who think that you and your tribe are better than others.

Truth is, every tribe has fools as well as great and wise men. No region has any form of monopoly of knowledge or stupidity.
Why are u praising your tribe while ridiculing the Ijaws?
Stop this kind of post that reduce and mock others.

We either live together as one and equal, or let those who think they are better , leave the "stupid ones" to wallow in their "stupidity".

What has the Niger Delta gained from the Federal Republic of Nigeria all these years? Nothing! What has any other region gained? Same answer, nothing.

When our leaders loot our destiny, they share it with their cronies. When they share, tribe doesn't matter. Cliques do.

OBJ was reckless with that letter. He's an elder statesman and should have treated the seat of the c-in-c with more respect and dignity, having been there twice. The people that sat on a seat before, would go a long way to determine how revered it would be in the future. If those before presido Jona were as great as they want us to believe, that seat would still be great today, no matter who sits there.

Unfortunately, in the voice of the great Fela, it is still "soja go, soja come."
Sir, i doff my hat for you. Very mature and intelligent. You are a true Nigerian. God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Saraki Presents An Award To Kwara State Governor Elect, Abdulrahman - Photos / Pete Edochie & Other Nollywood Stars Campaign For Pdp In Imo(photos) / EFCC Arrests Saraki's Wife, Yar'adua's Daughter Over Corruption Allegation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.