Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,598 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (52354 Views)

Militants Ready To Defend Jonathan – Asari-dokubo / Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative / Atiku Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by meforyou1(m): 11:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
pazienza:

If Obj earned a second term, then i believe that any sincere person not blinded by tribal and regional sentiments will know that GEJ deserves a second tenure,he had done enough already, though i believe he can do better, and opposition is a good thing, as it brings the best out of those in power, but opposition must be guided by sincerity and not tribal/regional sentiments and a feeling of superiority and birth right retrieval.

His administration remains the best Nigerians have seen so far, based on performance level. The country as a whole has witnessed massive improvement of infrastructure in GEJ tenure, our electoral system is becoming better cos GEJ unlike someone i know, isn't a do or die politician. Going by world standard, GEJ is still scored below pass mark, but going by the standard our past rulers set,, GEJ remains the best so far and by a wide margin.
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's administration is the best that I have seen in about 30 years. I can proudly say it anytime, anywhere. Don't like Doyin Okupe though but this is one administration in which I see peace and see rest of mind. Unlike Obasanjo's days when military invasions and political assassinations were the order of the day. This man conducted presidential and gubernatorial elections in which nobody died, which is so strange. Osun sent over 180 political thugs to Owerri, my state capital, to rig anambra elections. They were caught, jailed in police cells for a few days, and were bailed by osun govt and sent back to osogbo, nothing happened.
Obasanjo, maltreated and abandoned his first family for many years, and then slept many times his son's wife, wrote a highly inflammatory and felonious letter to the president who replied him coolly and moved on. The same nonsense obasanjo wanted to try with abacha and got jailed and wanted to be killed, except for the military high command led by abdulsalam and assisted by IBB, both that he later betrayed.
Hey, that a tyrant led and destroyed this country for 11 years doesn't make him a statesman in any way.
GEJ will rule this country till 2019 and nothing go happen. It is not all the time that obasanjo, as iyabo obasanjo said, will get his way or the highway

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by modidd(m): 12:37am On Jan 04, 2014
I think this open letters is an eye opener to the nigeria people and their history,i think we should have more of this letters, it was digested to me.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Anniettieufia(m): 12:55am On Jan 04, 2014
geeez: Is this a response to OBJ's letter or an attempt to settle a score?

But how can Asari say OBJ impoverished the ND?

He increased derivation to 13% and has remained so ever since

He created the NDDC and Ministry of the Niger Delta and no other institution or parastatal has been formed with respect to the ND after that

I'm sure we've not heard the last of this

He ( Obj) starved the Niger Delta with lack of fund.

Check out how many projects were executed by the ministry between the two regime .
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by MalcolmXng: 1:03am On Jan 04, 2014
fkaz:

Nawa o, 2 hours ago near cotonou, benin, The big foool Alabo Edi-abali of kalabari is now staying between nigeria and benin boundary to write letter author biography.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You got it buddy! O boi the man get sense ooo, "2 hours ago near Cotonou, Benin". Hin dey Ghana by now!! It's really funny! This guy stayed at the border trying to impersonate Mariama Ba - a civilian woman. But 'kaz why try to make this 'diary' a wasted effort - an anticlimax?
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Bukingg2: 1:14am On Jan 04, 2014
captainolayinka:
We will imitate him coz we are set to fight next year

Both Obasanjo and Asari are birds of thesame feather. At least Obasanjo has served Nigeria in many ways so he can still be a role model to " [b][/b]some " But Asaeri Dokubo can never be emulated (He is a militant)
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Princewell2012(m): 3:57am On Jan 04, 2014
Interesting.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by ddeola: 4:18am On Jan 04, 2014
God will wrest the leadership of Nigeria from all these elements whether in govt now, around the govt or outside govt in Jesus name.

Nigerians must come-off tribalism and religiousity when electing our leaders. Nigeria is bigger than all these elements put together.

Nigeria shall arise and shine !
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by onoja12: 4:25am On Jan 04, 2014
see your life,dokubo didn't finish school infact he is a drop out,ssce holder can take him on,but then again you among the idiots that don't know him.as for the letter probably one of the professors at his university wrote that
ibietela2:

With this poo English you want to debate with Asari??
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by patostation(m): 5:57am On Jan 04, 2014
mazizi tonene: Una mean say militants sabi english like this

Abi o! I been dey wonder whether na Oga Reuben help am write di letter sef. Abi na Oga Okupe join to "support". I no talk anything o!
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by fkaz(m): 6:03am On Jan 04, 2014
ibietela2:

You are a big foool......... Seems you don't know how Facebook status update works.......... Even those in Delhi, Facebook will write "near new Delhi"

imbec*ile don't be annoyed, since you said he is writing from Benin, but no source that Edi Abali is replying obasanjo through FB.. you knw obasanjo wrote his own letter from ota farm
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Molafaye: 6:34am On Jan 04, 2014
Okoro2015: A succinct reply from a good man.

How can you call this long letter succint!? My take;
1. Both Asari and Obasanjo are not worth listening to
2. There should be a convocation of a "sovereign" National conference, if not we can never move forward as a so called nation
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by SUBMARINE: 8:06am On Jan 04, 2014
You attempted to pipe Niger delta oil and
gas to Olokola, and create an LNG plant
there. What influenced you in the siting of
the LNG in Olokola if not ethnic and tribal
considerations?
In a chat with Late President Ya’r adua’s
special adviser on economic matters, Dr
Tanimu Turaki, he told me your Olokola
dream will not see the light of day, as it is
an avenue to divert Niger Delta resources to
the West – conceived and hatched under
your control. What I find very intriguing
however is your voodoo hypocrisy that
you’ve always resisted sectional interests,
etc.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Pain(m): 8:11am On Jan 04, 2014
Need I Say More?

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by SUBMARINE: 8:19am On Jan 04, 2014
AWO STOLE THE BANKED WEALTH OF NDIGBO and OBJ STOLE THE OIL WEALTH OF NIGERDELTANS . I WONDER WHAT TINUBU WANTS TO STEAL.
May the good Lord help us.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by max20ebi: 8:38am On Jan 04, 2014
Asari has spoken his mind and the mind of the many minorities in Nigeria. Whether minorities or majorities ,the basic qualification for contest an election for the office of the president is that you must be a Nigerian. GEJ is a Nigerian,the Ijaws,Isorokos,Urhobos,Itsekhiris,Ikweres,Efiks,Ibibios e.t.c are all Nigerians and they have the right to rule this country.If any tribe or section of the country is not hhappy about that they should challenge it in the court of law or better still let every man go his way so as to rule themself.OBJ can go and form Owu replublic if he likes. Alabo Edi-Abali of Kalabari has spoken!
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Kponkwem(m): 8:44am On Jan 04, 2014
IGBO_1ST_SON: nnwane u av spoken well,btw how come he is bearing the title of edi abali(leopard)? Abi him relate to igbo?

According to what he told us, his grea-grandfather in the Amachree (Amakiri) house came from Abam-present Abia State to settle in Kalabari. Now if you know the history of Eastern region, Abam, Abiriba in Abia and Akpa(Yakurr) in Cross River were the foot soldiers and hunters of the Aro confederacy which supplied goods, later slaves to riverine houses in Old Kalabar 16th-19th century A.D. They moved a lot then.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by TeetoEsq(m): 9:09am On Jan 04, 2014
all I need is an independent NIGER DELTA as a nation. Up Niger Delta!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by otondo55: 9:32am On Jan 04, 2014
Well said EDI ABALI....living side by side as different nations remains best for the failed state nigeria.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by greatdam: 9:55am On Jan 04, 2014
agabaI23: OBJ believes moslems are lost and yet he thinks GEJ is polarising the country along moslem-Christian line. Hmmmm

sometimes don't just look at words on the surface,what Obasanjo said was beacause Dokubo converted to being a muslim not brcause he is a muslim,honestly i feel he is lost too
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by nafada2: 9:59am On Jan 04, 2014
WHEN AN ELDER DECIDE TO DANCE NAKED, CHILDREN ARE GIVEN THE LIBERTY TO SEE HIS MANHOOD, BABA HAS DANCED NAKED.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by justhelp(m): 10:21am On Jan 04, 2014
rati ken:

Here in Osun state, everyone hates APC & Tinubu cheesy
useless WERE your own osun in the east abi, oloriburuku, oponu, attention seeker from cave environment in the east claiming osun, din din rin n din robo,ode
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by drnoel: 10:32am On Jan 04, 2014
Babacele: And you people are still in PDP. GEJ is just their cover!

for now i am apolitical but am not one who does not give credit where credit is due
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by unmask: 10:37am On Jan 04, 2014
SUBMARINE:
AWO STOLE THE BANKED WEALTH OF NDIGBO and OBJ STOLE THE OIL WEALTH OF NIGERDELTANS . I WONDER WHAT TINUBU WANTS TO STEAL.
May the good Lord help us.
the letter was about Nigerdeltans not igbos...... Let's stick to the matter...... Besides who is to blame for obj's relevance today? Is it the yorubas that don't take him seriously or the.......

I love asari first for his belief in allah (one of the few that asked questions about who they worship and got the best answers) then for his ability to call out anyone..... Don't always agree with him on all issues though........ Most especially gej getting a second term....... Nigeria can do better than gej
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Gamboh55(m): 10:40am On Jan 04, 2014
Real-Mccoy:
Southern Kaduna is about to explode again. Indigene are complaining of Fulani dominance, and some gullible southerners feels northern Nigeria is united and then jumped on an alliance bandwagon to save their oil bloc. The next civil war will be fought in many front and it will be devastating due to awareness and sudden wealth from oil. Who knew Ghadafi will be ousted after oppressing his country for years? The Brits wouldn't want to back their puppet this time around for fear of blackmail from social media. 1966 we had no means of telling the rest of the world what was going on in Nigeria, these days communication has made things done faster. It is very easy to garner support.

TRUE...d southern kaduna pple are seeking for a christian governor come 2015 or dey go form deir own Gurara state.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by unmask: 10:40am On Jan 04, 2014
Kponkwem:

According to what he told us, his grea-grandfather in the Amachree (Amakiri) house came from Abam-present Abia State to settle in Kalabari. Now if you know the history of Eastern region, Abam, Abiriba in Abia and Akpa(Yakurr) in Cross River were the foot soldiers and hunters of the Aro confederacy which supplied goods, later slaves to riverine houses in Old Kalabar 16th-19th century A.D. They moved a lot then.
I knew someone was going to lay claim
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by drnoel: 10:43am On Jan 04, 2014
addicted268:

I read every single word in the letter,I also read every single reply.so far,I think this is the most sensible.the common masses are killing themselves along ethnic and religious divides based on propaganda fed them by the politicians.in the end,they are in it for their personal interests.like you rightly said,when its time to share the money,it becomes a clique affair.
The earlier the masses realize that the struggle shouldn't be about tribes,regions or religion,the better for us.the earlier the masses realize that the struggle should be about Nigerians uniting as one(irrespective of region,religion or even party affiliations) and demanding accountability from PAST and PRESENT leaders,the better for us.sadly,I don't see this happening.

agreed but u know that idiology won´t benefit those people u so rigthly mentioned cos they would loose out so in order to prevent that they would prefer the divide and rule method
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Gamboh55(m): 10:51am On Jan 04, 2014
ddeola: God will wrest the leadership of Nigeria from all these elements whether in govt now, around the govt or outside govt in Jesus name.

Nigerians must come-off tribalism and religiousity when electing our leaders. Nigeria is bigger than all these elements put together.

Nigeria shall arise and shine !

My brother u speak my mind...Lets vote for people and not parties cos in the end a party is only as good as the people it keeps...if the best person to rule naija is from PDP or APC regardless of his ethnic or religious background so be it...I know no yoruba,igbo or hausa person because to me u're either a good or a bad.
person. MLK jnr. said do not judge a man by the
colour of his skin(religion,ethnicity) but by d content of his character...my bible tells me dat there is a friend dat sticketh closer than a brother...dat person u think is from ur village and is ur broda might end up being ur nemesis and ur so called enemy from anoda tribe might end up being ur messiah.remember the story of the good samaritan in the bible? ...I rest my case
colour of his skin ()
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by corruptst(m): 10:58am On Jan 04, 2014
All I see here is a man blowing his own trumpet.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Gamboh55(m): 11:00am On Jan 04, 2014
Someone should pls correct me if i'm wrong...are we more culturally diversified than the US...we are Africans and such great disparity dwells amongst us yet America is made up of people from entirely different continents and u hear no such hatred existing amongst them...chinese-,peruvian-,african,canadian,cantonese,jamaican-americans etc exist and live in peace
These are people from different continents bearing no similarity whatsoever in deir way of life and mode of worship yet are living as one...why cant we Africans,Nigerians with similar way of life not live and tolerate each other.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Goodgoody1: 11:04am On Jan 04, 2014
geeez: Is this a response to OBJ's letter or an attempt to settle a score?

But how can Asari say OBJ impoverished the ND?

He increased derivation to 13% and has remained so ever since

He created the NDDC and Ministry of the Niger Delta and no other institution or parastatal has been formed with respect to the ND after that

I'm sure we've not heard the last of this
No you got it wrong, Yar Adua created NDDC not OBASANJO
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Goodgoody1: 11:07am On Jan 04, 2014
SUBMARINE: You attempted to pipe Niger delta oil and
gas to Olokola, and create an LNG plant
there. What influenced you in the siting of
the LNG in Olokola if not ethnic and tribal
considerations?
In a chat with Late President Ya’r adua’s
special adviser on economic matters, Dr
Tanimu Turaki, he told me your Olokola
dream will not see the light of day, as it is
an avenue to divert Niger Delta resources to
the West – conceived and hatched under
your control. What I find very intriguing
however is your voodoo hypocrisy that
you’ve always resisted sectional interests,
etc.

Somebody should ask somebody why the LNG meant to be built in Akwa Ibom was diverted to be built in Ogun state. The plan was to build one in Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom. Trains 1 to 8 Rivers, 9 t0 12 Bayelsa and the rest Akwa Ibom
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by frainc(m): 11:30am On Jan 04, 2014
HRH Agek: Plz someone good at summary should help me biko....e too long joor
too long or you find it hard to read simple English?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Saraki's Wife, Yar'adua's Daughter Over Corruption Allegation! / Pete Edochie & Other Nollywood Stars Campaign For Pdp In Imo(photos) / IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Places N1m Bounty On All Igbo Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.