Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,716 members, 7,837,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Does Class Matter In A Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Class Matter In A Relationship? (4556 Views)

Does Height Really Matter In A Relationship? / Does Looks Matter In A Relationship / Does Your Denomination Really Matter In Your Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by MissyB1(m): 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2008
Ok!
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by nalijah07(f): 9:11pm On Aug 07, 2008
@ opokonwa

What if the orange seller treated you better than anyone ever has?
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 08, 2008
it shouldnt be a problem but the fact is it is a problem.
i guess it'd be easier to date someone of a lower class if u've experienced life on both sides.
i've experienced and lived the life of a lower class.
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by ifyalways(f): 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2008
Shoes get size but If i spot a good shoe dat wud withstand the test of time,is durable and i like it BUT not my size,i wud buy it cheesy i wud either stuff it with tissue paper or get it expanded to fit. wink
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by Hannibal: 7:41pm On Aug 08, 2008

Does Class Matter In A Relationship?

Of course . . . . . . CLASS matter a great deal.
One's partner should be a reflection of one's self. . . .
I cannot be with a partner that cannot read/write or express herself fluently.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. angry
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by syren: 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2008
Doesn't it depend on the individual and not their background?
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by Hannibal: 8:09pm On Aug 08, 2008
Whatever it depends on. . . . .a classless babe won't even attract me in the 1st place.
Let her find one of her kinds. grin
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by syren: 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2008
we're not talking of whether she is "classy" we're talking of class levels like working class, middle class etc. I don't think their class that makes someone a better partner.
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by ikamefa(f): 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  OMG! * see as i open eyes*

@topic class?  undecided in this day and age?  abi i need a dico?  cheesy

na wah!
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by Hannibal: 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2008
syren:

we're not talking of whether she is "classy" we're talking of class levels like working class, middle class etc. I don't think their class that makes someone a better partner.

Really??

If the topic is based on working class, middle class and what not then it depends on the individuals.
Some men won't marry Uni graduates, they prefer to go to the village and marry because of the moral decadence in Nigerian Unis.
One man's meat. . . . .
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by rubi(f): 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2008
OMO IBO:

it shouldnt be a problem but the fact is it is a problem.
i guess it'd be easier to date someone of a lower class if u've experienced life on both sides.
i've experienced and lived the life of a lower class.

That's true
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by syren: 8:30pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hannibal:

Really??

If the topic is based on working class, middle class and what not then it depends on the individuals.
Some men won't marry Uni graduates, they prefer to go to the village and marry because of the moral decadence in Nigerian Unis.
One man's meat. . . . .

That's all I wanted smiley cool

Again, if the village girl makes a good wife why not? as long as he respects her.
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by Hannibal: 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ Syren,

Still drinking MALT??

Village gurls make the best wives.
No complains, they are submissive, they can make stones taste like beans and they are fabulous with domestic chores.
I am still considering marrying one in Enugu or Imo. tongue
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by syren: 8:55pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hannibal:

@ Syren,

Still drinking MALT??

Village girls make the best wives housegirls.
No complains, they are submissive, they can make stones taste like beans and they are fabulous with domestic chores.
I am still considering marrying one in Enugu or Imo. tongue

Not malt for now, it was Alize  tongue

there is a lot more to being a good wife/partner than this. She will reflect who you are as a person remember?

Well if it's true love Hannibal then I will be at your wedding  grin
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by Hannibal: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ Syren,

It will be TRUE LOVE.
Village chics have the midas touch. . . .
They are pure, unsullied and untouched by the civilisation fog!!! grin cheesy

U are drinking RED PASSION Alize??
I doff me hats for u.
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by syren: 9:04pm On Aug 08, 2008
Alize blue actually, I like the exotic taste.

Will you live in the village with her?
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by Hannibal: 9:13pm On Aug 08, 2008
syren:

Alize blue actually, I like the exotic taste.

Will you live in the village with her?

I think i must get some bottles of alcopops meself. . . . .The thunk of sipping Alize this evening is appealing.

Live in the village with her?? Hell Nah.
That won't be happening. . . . . I am taking her as far away from her village as possible to posh her up.
20+ years in her village should be enough for her. . . . Let her taste some bits of civilization.
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by syren: 9:22pm On Aug 08, 2008
Introduce her to "civilization" and risk loosing the humble, submissive village girl you married? You'll "posh her up" the same thing your running away from? Why don't you leave that way, so it won't get to head?
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by Hannibal: 9:26pm On Aug 08, 2008
The civilization will be gradual.
I would control the degree of exposure(that should be easy for me).
Jeeeez. . . . .I can't leave her the way she is. . . . .She might think a microwave oven is a TV set. grin cheesy
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by syren: 9:30pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hannibal:

The civilization will be gradual.
I would control the degree of exposure(that should be easy for me).
Jeeeez. . . . .I can't leave her the way she is. . . . .She might think a microwave oven is a TV set. grin cheesy

Not for long my friend, afterall she is not your prisoner and there are so many influences like your microwave/tv set.  tongue

Will she be educated? You'll want a wife who you and your family can interact with on an intellectual level too won't you?
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by onyinye2(f): 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2008
syren:

Not for long my friend, afterall she is not your prisoner and there are so many influences like your microwave/tv set.  tongue

Will she be educated? You'll want a wife who you and your family can interact with on an intellectual level too won't you?
Of course not Syren. tongue He doesn't want a wife that is too smart because she might threaten his best friend, EGO. She will be smart enough to have sex and cook and take care of the kids. As for anything else, Cease to Exist.
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by syren: 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2008
onyinye2:

Of course not Syren. tongue He doesn't want a wife that is too smart because she might threaten his best friend, EGO. She will be smart enough to have sex and cook and take care of the kids. As for anything else, Cease to Exist.

I know, from what I've gathered he wants a loner with an IQ between 0-20 so he can rule over her with no problems. Talk about low standards eh grin
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by Hannibal: 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2008
syren:

Not for long my friend, afterall she is not your prisoner and there are so many influences like your microwave/tv set. tongue

I will control the degree of exposure . . . .That shouldn't be HARD to do.
****Of course, she would be educated. . . . . I am not gonna marry a doofus******
She is everything but the western exposure, geddit??

syren:

I know, from what I've gathered he wants a loner with an IQ between 0-20 so he can rule over her with no problems. Talk about low standards eh grin

Where did that come from?? IQ of 0-20??
U gotta be kidding me. . . . . .Her IQ cannot be less than 100.
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by syren: 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hannibal:

I will control the degree of exposure . . . .That shouldn't be HARD to do.
****Of course, she would be educated. . . . . I am not going to marry a doofus******
She is everything but the western exposure, geddit??

But you complain about the lack of morals in Uni girls. She wont be as naive as you want her to be if she's educated to that level. Once she gets out there she will explore and discover new things, and you'll have to lock her in the house if you want to prevent it.

So have you found such a woman, to start the gooming process with?
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by bluespice(f): 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2008
am sorry i know it shouldnt matter but it does in my case
i sure as hell canno tbe in a relationship with a guy that doesnt have any incling of places im talking about
fine i know some of y'all will be like "but people of your class are also dumb" i know buh a kid of my class will not look at me funny when i order a salad or say caviar in a restaurant grin

im not comfy however with the word class creeps me out undecided
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by Hannibal: 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2008
syren:

But you complain about the lack of morals in Uni girls. She wont be as naive as you want her to be if she's educated to that level. Once she gets out there she will explore and discover new things, and you'll have to lock her in the house if you want to prevent it.

There's a difference between girls that schooled in the village and the ones that schooled in UNILAG(u shld know what i mean).
She must be fluent in English but the degree of exposure would be monitored by me.

So have you found such a woman, to start the gooming process with?

I am still searching. . . .The screening process starts next week.
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by syren: 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hannibal:

There's a difference between girls that schooled in the village and the ones that schooled in UNILAG(u shld know what i mean).
She must be fluent in English but the degree of exposure would be monitored by me.

I am still searching. . . .The screening process starts next week.

*sigh* undecided  well good luck in your search for your slightly westernised village girl.

I'm from humble beginnings me self, which is why I say class doesn't determine the kind of person/partner you are.  I think you should be a little more open minded though.
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by Hannibal: 10:35pm On Aug 08, 2008
syren:

*sigh* undecided well good luck in your search for your slightly westernised village girl.

I'm from humble beginnings me self, which is why I say class doesn't determine the kind of person/partner you are. I think you should be a little more open minded though.

Me going to the village should tell u i can relate with anyone. . . . .
As long as she is fluent, knows her right from her left then i am kool.
About being open-minded. . . . .That depends on what i have seen from the so called westernized babes. . . .
I am not particularly impressed with what i have seen and trust me. . . . I have seen TOO MUCH. . . I know TOO MUCH. wink wink
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by syren: 10:47pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hannibal:

Me going to the village should tell u i can relate with anyone. . . . .
As long as she is fluent, knows her right from her left then i am kool.

Would you care about whether she trully loves you or not because you wont be able to tell. Her and her parents may just be happy to find a well to do guy that's willing to marry her.

Hannibal:
About being open-minded. . . . .That depends on what i have seen from the so called westernized babes. . . .
I am not particularly impressed with what i have seen and trust me. . . . I have seen TOO MUCH. . . I know TOO MUCH. wink wink

I'm just saying you shouldn't write them all off, I could use that same excuse about men in general, but I don't.
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by Hannibal: 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2008
syren:

Would you care about whether she trully loves you or not because you wont be able to tell. Her and her parents may just be happy to find a well to do guy that's willing to marry her.

Of course, love is fundamental.
Village babes love till death. . . . . Undying love unlike the city gurls who feel they must bed 5 guys to fulfill all righteousness. wink cheesy

I'm just saying you shouldn't write them all off, I could use that same excuse about men in general, but I don't.

My patience is running thin . . . . .
A friend of mine just got stoned by a chic. . . . . The baby she's been carrying for 6 mths actually belongs to someone else.
She left a note on the table before the guy came back from his vacation that she's packed to the guy's house??
To make matters worse, she asked for his forgiveness. angry angry angry angry Forgiveness??
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by syren: 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hannibal:

Of course, love is fundamental.
Village babes love endure till death. . . . . Undying love Life long endurance unlike the city girls who feel they must bed 5 guys to fulfill all righteousness. wink cheesy

Again how do you kno she loves you?

Hannibal:

My patience is running thin . . . . .
A friend of mine just got stoned by a chic. . . . . The baby she's been carrying for 6 mths actually belongs to someone else.
She left a note on the table before the guy came back from his vacation that she's packed to the guy's house??
To make matters worse, she asked for his forgiveness. angry angry angry angry Forgiveness??

Both men and women do it so what's your beef?
Sadly for women, whether he's a city slicker or a bush man we can't escape your animalistic nature to mate with anything with a hole.  tongue
See it's easy to stereotype isn't it?
Re: Does Class Matter In A Relationship? by Hannibal: 11:15pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ Syren,

U are not serious.
It's not that easy to stereotype men. . . . . If y'all shun city guys, who are u gonna run to?? Village dudes??
The stigma is always there for a woman to at least marry from her level or upwards.
With guys, they can operate at any level. grin cheesy

Don't hate, appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Of The Dangers Of Sharing A Nude Photo. / Why Is It That Men Who Respect Women Are Mostly Single / Nigerian Ladies Are Ungrateful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.