Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (25642 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Ese Walter Releases Affair Evidence With Pastor BiodunTo Respected Minister / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by debosky(m): 2:16pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ hubreality

those were the words of JESUS who is GOD. ONLY GOD can see what lies in a man's heart and say it is unbelief.

JESUS marvelled at their unbelief, I have no problems with that. Did the disciples try to do any miracles and 'marvel at the unbelief' of the people who didn't get healed?

If you can show me that the disciples did that or any of the apostles, then I will agree with you. As far as I am concerned, only GOD can tell why someone was healed or not, and not you or pastor Chris.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Grouppoint(m): 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2009
Why are you people harassing Hubreality? angry

I'm sure his life has been better since serving under his chosen ministry.

@Debosky,
You are right in your assertion that only God can tell why certain people do not get healed immediately.

Paul the apostle did not himself get healed of the thorn of the flesh; Hence it will be nice for Hubreality to humbly accept the reality that he does not know-it-all, No one does; Not even Christ!

Hub, Keep up the good work though.  The only mistake I feel you are making is that you are going against a particular biblical exhortation (from Paul to Timothy) to avoid vain arguments,

And I think you should know when to bow out (even Christ himself did this from time to time).
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Pepeye(f): 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ Hub
Stop replying these distracters
Never yield to the devils accusations, one of the devils key strategies of keeping peep in bondage is to constantly distract them . . Haven’t u noticed how John has a penchant for distracting u. He is a man on a mission. . Hiding under the cloak of hypocrisy. There’s more that meets the eyes
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 4:55pm On Mar 17, 2009
You're right my sister. They're really distractors. Thank you.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by SirJohn(m): 4:56pm On Mar 17, 2009
Pepeye:

@ Hub
Stop replying these distracters
Never yield to the devils accusations, one of the devils key strategies of keeping peep in bondage is to constantly distract them . . Haven’t u noticed how John has a penchant for distracting u. He is a man on a mission. . Hiding under the cloak of hypocrisy. There’s more that meets the eyes

You must be kidding me if you think we're gonna sit by and watch you spread falshood into the air. Like Hub would always say: "the internet is a tool" well, same goes for me as well: a tool to quench falsehood.
We're obviously not gonna let some 'michael jackson' type dude with oil drenched hair, bleached skin and fake foreign accent lead Gods people astray, NO WAY!!!
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by KunleOshob(m): 5:01pm On Mar 17, 2009
@Sir john
Strongly behind you on this mission to save souls from this voracious ravaging lion
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by SirJohn(m): 5:10pm On Mar 17, 2009
@Pepeye,
Its really good to see a transformed 'you', ordinarily you'd have been raining down insults by now. I strongly believe you were tamed here in nairaland. Glory be to God!!!
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Badriyyah(f): 5:11pm On Mar 17, 2009
SirJohn:

We're obviously not gonna let some 'michael jackson' type dude with oil drenched hair, bleached skin and fake foreign accent lead Gods people astray, NO WAY!!!

LMAO, grin grin grin
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by junijustin: 10:42pm On Mar 17, 2009
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by fyneguy: 1:13am On Mar 18, 2009
@Hubreality and Pepeye

Please stick to the decision to ignore them. They really don't matter at this stage.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 6:56am On Mar 18, 2009
Jesus Christ is Lord. King of Kings and the Lord of Hosts. The same yesterday, today, and forever. Hallelujah!!!
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by lalaboi(m): 8:16am On Mar 18, 2009
Is it true that pastor chris healed a man who has been blind all his life. . . . . . . .then he asked him about colours and he got the answers?
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Badriyyah(f): 8:41am On Mar 18, 2009
lalaboi:

Is it true that pastor chris healed a man who has been blind all his life. . . . . . . .then he asked him about colours and he got the answers?

shocked shocked shocked.

Ummmmm, How will a blind man know the colours?
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Badriyyah(f): 8:44am On Mar 18, 2009
Let everybody go to the church they want to go. As for me, I go to any church, I don't go because of the pastor, I go because i'm there to worship God, so many pastors these days have been come Entertainers, even their congregation seem to worship them. Just be wise people, everything that glitters is not gold.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by proproman(m): 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2009
i have nothing against the loveworld whatever. What i am pointedly against is the way their members go about touting the pastor like some kind of god. It gets very annoying, really. I have this friend of mine that's always disturbing me to follow him to cell meeting and their church programme. It's always pastor this pastor that. Pastor did this, pastor said that. Even when I remind him that i too am a christian and i also go to my church, he says it doesn't matter that i should follow him to cell meeting. Another friend of mine dresses up, acts like and even did his hair like pastor chris. Ah ah. Na wetin?
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Hesperus(m): 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2009
Thats the most annoying thing about Christ Embassy to me - the way the pastors/members copy everything Chris does. Even to the extent of perming their hair. I mean, what the hell does that portray?
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by KunleOshob(m): 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2009
Hesperus:

Thats the most annoying thing about Christ Embassy to me - the way the pastors/members copy everything Chris does. Even to the extent of perming their hair. I mean, what the hell does that portray?

Is it not not obvious that it is pastor wayo man chris they are worshipping
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by emiemi(f): 1:33pm On Mar 18, 2009
There is no need of temples nor of complicated philosophy, Our God-given heart and brain is the temple. Kindness is the philosophy.

He that has ears let him hear o!

Let church members desists fron taking every word of pastors hook line and sinkers and read the bible for themselves pls. You are responsible for yourself and will give account of yourself by yourself dear hubreality.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by emiemi(f): 1:42pm On Mar 18, 2009
SirJohn:

@Pepeye,
Its really good to see a transformed 'you', ordinarily you'd have been raining down insults by now. I strongly believe you were tamed here in nairaland. Glory be to God!!!

This thread is quite interesting and incisive. I want to commend SirJohn for his facts, figures and level of understanding. May God bless u. KunleOshobs, Jitintitn welldone. I'm sure some people are brooding o'er all these and will soon thank God for letting the scale drop off their eyes.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 6:26am On Mar 19, 2009
Mark 11:21-24 (King James Version)

21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by SirJohn(m): 7:17pm On Mar 19, 2009
hubreality:

Mark 11:21-24 (King James Version)

21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

@Hubreality,
was Jesus speaking in very literal terms, was he really refering to a physical mountain?
When he said 'whatsoever', did he really mean we could ask for literarily 'anything' like 'anything'?
Are there any elements that should guide our asking?

I'm just curious!
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 9:24pm On Mar 19, 2009
John 14:11-15 (King James Version)

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”- Galatians 5:22-23
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by SirJohn(m): 2:47am On Mar 20, 2009
hubreality:

12 [color=#990000]Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

What did Jesus mean when he said 'greater works'? Since nobody till date including the apostles did or have done 'greater works' than Jesus, that's if we speak in terms of miracles, signs and wonders. what then was Jesus referring to as the greater works? was it miracles or what?

Please educate us Hub
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by slyk2(m): 11:52am On Mar 20, 2009
Men of great vison are marching foward,
that of men of God is great.

God bless pastor Chris!
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by slyk2(m): 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2009
Sir John,
your questions are ok.

when Jesus was leaving the earth he told his disciples that greater works than he did will they achieve.

not only pastor chris or full time men of God, just every xtian than is conscious of that divine promise.

All he said is that in my name you will do this things. call it miracles, call it great works. all is posible once you believe and do it. its like when your teacher tells you that 2+2=4, you go on repeating it and passing. just set out doing good works in Jesus name.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by o9999: 2:33pm On Mar 20, 2009
When you tell someone that the person has a lack of faith, are you not judging?

How do you measure / know someone's faith?

Do you REALLY need to go to a school to get healing?

Yes, i do believe in God, in giving, in his mighty works, the list cannot end.

But i also believe that christianity and faith is a personal thing with God.

What if i truely prayed to God, believed, hoped looked forward to, (speaking the remaing english),
that i will get a new shoe before weekend, and truely believe it, but come weekend, i do not get it, what would you say caused it?, I HAD NO FAITH?
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by PurestBoy(m): 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2009
@hubreality,

Guy you get time oo, Don't you know these guys are already lost. Leave them alone and stop wasting your time because the devil had blocked their mind from seeing the light. They already have estate in hell fire and they want people to join them there.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2009
God's word will always prevail. Hallelujah!
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by samorijack(m): 11:10pm On Mar 20, 2009
When I compare Pastor Chris and the like to Jesus and the propherts of old , it's clear they have nothing in common. All these church programmes do is simply reinforce the brand of the church period!!! It's obvious that Pastor Chris and his penticostal hencmen are only making a living of our collective misery.

The simple reason why these wolves cannot speakout against courruption and eveil in our society, is because they rely on the benovelence of the politcal class and so they have lost their objectivity, credibility and respect. Picture the RCCG accepting import subsidies from Obasanjo, no wonder Adeboye cannot talk. The government in turn gives out national awards to it's friends.

I'd like to see the schools, hospitals, skill aquisition centers etc, Pastor Chris and his theiving lot have built!! Rather they have money for schools which the poor cannot afford and they do this in the name of Jesus and the very gullible Nigerian is so poor mentally and materially he cannot read between the lines and see he is just beign pimped. Jesus and our pimps on the pulpit have nothing in common.

SHAME ON NIGERIAN PENTICOSTALISM angry
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 7:02am On Mar 21, 2009
John 6:63-64 (King James Version)

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by asha80(m): 12:31pm On Mar 21, 2009
Morelike Night of Brainwashing.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2009

John 10:34-35 (King James Version)

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Donates 40M To Wives Of Nigeria Fallen Heroes / What Would Jesus Do In This Case? / Want 1Trillion Naira? Church Poster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.