Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,462 members, 7,864,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:43 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (308289 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
coogar:

pictures or idontbelievethis.

loretta transformed to cococandy?? cheesy cheesy who are the other transformees? did chillisauce & byvan make it? i hope not! those 2 monikers have consistently bullied me here.

i was baby-dancing with sister sarah. cheesy

ask the men in your village to do the pounding then. ituku men are subsistent farmers. we don't cook.

The great Utuku ozalla trouble shooter himselfgrin.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
well I like to think I'm honest. So honestly I understand religion to be man's quest to understand God.like I told you before,I'm christain because I was born christain. I may disagree with the principles and teachings of other religions(and I do)but in the depth of my heart,I've never seen other religions as inferior. I don't have the if-you-don't-believe-in-jesus-you're-going-to-hell mindset.
You see I'm aware people once believed in and worshipped Zeus who is a myth today but very real as of then. It is also possible that 3000yrs from now, Jehovah and Allah will be myths taught in schools as the gods of ancient people and then they might laugh at our funny beliefs and wonder how human beings could have reasoned the way we did.
what does that say about religion? It just shows that religion is dynamic and as long as the human race exists,we will not rest in our quest to discover and truly explain God. It is not counter-intuitive

cococandy
This post got me thinking and i did not want to discuss it on the atheism thread

I will like to ask you some questions

- What is religion to you

- Do you believe in Adamic nature and that man is doomed from birth
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by cococandy(f): 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2014
To me religion is a man made system which seeks to understand and explain God. Each with their own set of man-made rules and each believing that their own God is the supreme one.

Wouldn't it be so awesome if everyone realized soon enough that they are not God's favorite and are on the same quest with everyone else.? Which is to see the face of God.

By adamic nature do you mean if I believe that man was made from dust? Like literally molded like a figurine out of dust?
Nope.
I feel that passage of the bible has deeper meaning than we interpret it to be,given that most other religions have a similar explanation for man's existence.
Sadly I realize it's probably one of the things in life that we may never truly be able to explain in a way that makes sense to the ordinary mind.but then whoever must tow the line of religion must go with faith and take some things as they are told.

Doomed? Be clearer there so I don't misunderstand you.

pickabeau1:

cococandy
This post got me thinking and i did not want to discuss it on the atheism thread

I will like to ask you some questions

- What is religion to you

- Do you believe in Adamic nature and that man is doomed from birth
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
O doomed
Let me explain... Christians believe we are descended from adam who had the original sin and thus we are born into sin
That is the premise on which christ came to redeem us back to the father
I believe this

Do u get?

I feel that passage of the bible has deeper meaning than we interpret it to be,given that most other religions have a similar explanation for man's existence.

What are your thoughts on mans creation

cococandy: To me religion is a man made system which seeks to understand and explain God. Each with their own set of man-made rules and each believing that their own God is the supreme one.

Wouldn't it be so awesome if everyone realized soon enough that they are not God's favorite and are on the same quest with everyone else.? Which is to see the face of God.

By adamic nature do you mean if I believe that man was made from dust? Like literally molded like a figurine out of dust?
Nope.
Sadly I realize it's probably one of the things in life that we may never truly be able to explain in a way that makes sense to the ordinary mind.but then whoever must tow the line of religion must go with faith and take some things as they are told.

Doomed? Be clearer there so I don't misunderstand you.

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by cococandy(f): 5:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
O that doomed?

Well if I believed that,it means that I believe every other human even those who lived before the time of christ and those who haven't heard about him and those who were born into other religions are all doomed to hell even if they lived good upright lives?

That's not the image of God I like to have. embarassed

My thoughts about man's creation is that anyone is yet to understand it.
Even those with the so called 'proven' theories of evolution. There's only so far everyone can come without running out of answers..
But we keep trying smiley
Maybe we are reaching far above our station trying to explain God and his works with our small brains which occupy an infinitessimal space in the grand scheme of things.

pickabeau1: O doomed
Let me explain... Christians believe we are descended from adam who had the original sin and thus we are born into sin
That is the premise on which christ came to redeem us back to the father
I believe this

Do u get?

What are your thoughts on mans creation

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
^ Oh boy, uns wan turn this place to serious zone ni? My mind is close to bending a spoon from reading the Coco and Pbeau's posts

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 5:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ok.. then

in that case if there is no original sin why did Christ come to die for humanity's sins

Then why would u identify as christain

cococandy: O that doomed?

Well if I believed that,it means that I believe every other human even those who lived before the time of christ and those who haven't heard about him and those who were born into other religions are all doomed to hell even if they lived good upright lives?
Even good muslims and good traditionalists?

That's not the image of God I like to have. embarassed

My thoughts about man's creation is that anyone is yet to understand it.
Even those with the so called 'proven' theories of evolution. There's only so far everyone can come without running out of answers..
But we keep trying smiley
Maybe we are reaching far above our station trying to explain God and his works with our small brains which occupy an infinitessimal space in the grand scheme of things.

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 5:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
naijababe: ^ Oh boy, uns wan turn this place to serious zone ni? My mind is close to bending a spoon from reading the Coco and Pbeau's posts

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We will soon b thru... up Messi!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
Who do you think owns this World Cup?

Hubby thinks Germany I think Brazil( he thinks Brazil is crap and they have lost neymar) but I just think they will fumble and wobble to to the final.But this Argentina team that is playing now is giving me second thoughts.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
damiso: Who do you think owns this World Cup?

Hubby thinks Germany I think Brazil( he thinks Brazil is crap and they have lost neymar) but I just think they will fumble and wobble to to the final.But this Argentina team that is playing now is giving me second thoughts.

Well my heart Brazil..i think they will beat Germany
My head.. Argentina or Holland
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

Well my heart Brazil..i think they will beat Germany
My head.. Argentina or[b] Holland[/b]

The Dutch are winning this tourney
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
naijababe:

The Dutch are winning this tourney

They have a good chance

My predicted final pre tounament was Brazil v Argentina
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 05, 2014
I'll give it to Holland or Germany.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

They have a good chance

My predicted final pre tounament was Brazil v Argentina
I predicted Brazil vs Germany/Holland
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: I predicted Brazil vs Germany/Holland

Pre tournament or based onthe event of the last few days grin grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

Pre tournament or based onthe event of the last few days grin grin grin
Pre-tournament I had Brazil vs Germany. But now we've seen matched had to add Holland to the mix. I'd pick any of Holland and Germany to win based on performance but Brazil on sentiments. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
NRI PRIEST: Ok;So I was having a chat with some of my unmarried friends and they were just being curious and started asking me some fidelity questions. Osy,how is marriage life ? Do you mean you will never hit another woman all your life ? What happens when she is preggie or just put to bed ? These question got me thinking and I was quiet for a minute. Then I started thinking about my wife who is my best friend,my sister,my lover and my world. And I told them this..May God take my life the day I stick my "utu" on another woman. Kai,I love my wife to bits! And I said to them,I love my wife and she is smoking hot. My friends talk about how hot my wife is and I said, how do you expect me to leave all that and go start ffucking around ? One said,you are not faithful to your wife because she is beautiful, rather you are faithful because of the principle which you live by because there are always more beautiful ones out there. Reluctant but I had to agree with them. Truth is my woman is an exceptional being and there is this character she portrays that makes me want her more. We knew each other for over ten years before we got married. Infact,I got married to my best friend. We play like little kids,all the time.

A million likes!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
damiso: Who do you think owns this World Cup?

tell hubby a south american country would win it. the environmental factor suits them more than the european teams. there's a reason no european team have won it on their continent. it's tailor-made for them. germany would get destroyed by brazil easily.......
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:
tell hubby a south american country would win it. the environmental factor suits them more than the european teams. there's a reason no european team have won it on their continent. it's tailor-made for them. germany would get destroyed by brazil easily.......

Cooooogarrr we missed your trouble making welcome back grin grin

I agree with you I think a south american country will win it.But he thinks Germany (and maybe Holland with brother Oscar nominee arjen robben grin) have shown some great spirit because at the end of the day he thinks the world cup is worn by that team that is able to dig in deep and go all the way.

Yesterday God forgive me embarassed I thought Neymar was exaggerating the pain.The boy(in short the whole brazilian team and their river niger tears) just like melodrama.Feel so sorry for him.Must be such a horrible feeling having to miss the last (or maybe 2) games of such a wonderful and iconic world cup.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
damiso:
Cooooogarrr we missed your trouble making welcome back grin grin

i am now born-again, no more trouble!

I agree with you I think a south american country will win it.But he thinks Germany (and maybe Holland with brother Oscar nominee arjen robben grin) have shown some great spirit because at the end of the day he thinks the world cup is worn by that team that is able to dig in deep and go all the way.

wait until they face a big south american team. the humidity & the dew point are a big disadvantage to the european teams. they get worn-out easily.

Yesterday God forgive me embarassed I thought Neymar was exaggerating the pain.The boy(in short the whole brazilian team and their river niger tears) just like melodrama.Feel so sorry for him.Must be such a horrible feeling having to miss the last (or maybe 2) games of such a wonderful and iconic world cup.

i didn't feel anything for neymar - his team mates made the game physical. they nearly killed the james rodriguez (the player of the tournament in my opinion) with their physical football. they bullied him off the park & the ref gave no protection to the creative players.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by cococandy(f): 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
I can't pretend to have answers when I don't.

I identify with christainitybecause?

I was born into it and raised in it:.

Even though most people would like to say otherwise, many practise religions they were born into and have been convinced is true.
Maybe if I was born a muslim I'd be seeing christains as infidels too.
Says much about humans and our need to feel better than others doesn't it? smiley

Second I'm VERY big on love and tolerance and kindness and forgiveness. Jesus' teachings endorse such. If I was born into a religion that's not big on those,I'd maybe have sought succour elsewhere.
So I'm here because it preaches what my soul finds peace in.

pickabeau1: Ok.. then

in that case if there is no original sin why did Christ come to die for humanity's sins

Then why would u identify as christain

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

i am now born-again, no more trouble!

wait until they face a big south american team. the humidity & the dew point are a big disadvantage to the european teams. they get worn-out easily.

i didn't feel anything for neymar - his team mates made the game physical. they nearly killed the james rodriguez (the player of the tournament in my opinion) with their physical football. they bullied him off the park & the ref gave no protection to the creative players.

My hubby's sentiments. He kept saying is this rugby or football? grin grin I agree that the ref killed the game and Brazils patter on play was just confusing.Based on Argentina performance today I think I prefer them but like pickabeau said my heart just feels Brazil will win you know to make it cliché Brazil wins the world cup in Brazil like rio ferdinard hashtag on twitter #rioinrio grin grin grin trust people they haf yabbed his life out grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
ok.. fair enough

I wanted to know this but did not want to discusson the atheist thread

cococandy: I can't pretend to have answers when I don't.

I identify with christainitybecause?

I was born into it and raised in it:.

Even though most people would like to say otherwise, many practise religions they were born into and have been convinced is true.
Maybe if I was born a muslim I'd be seeing christains as infidels too.
Says much about humans and our need to feel better than others doesn't it? smiley

Second I'm VERY big on love and tolerance and kindness and forgiveness. Jesus' teachings endorse such. If I was born into a religion that's not big on those,I'd maybe have sought succour elsewhere.
So I'm here because it preaches what my soul finds peace in.

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by cococandy(f): 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
smiley
pickabeau1: ok.. fair enough

I wanted to know this but did not want to discusson the atheist thread

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
fresh_dude: Pre-tournament I had Brazil vs Germany. But now we've seen matched had to add Holland to the mix. I'd pick any of Holland and Germany to win based on performance but Brazil on sentiments. grin

Germany was in Brazil's pot except they came 2nd which is nigh impossible

@coogar that assertion only worked in the 50 - 70s when most players were still based in their continents
Noww the brazilians are even more european than most
Messi almost never played in Argentina thats why he called Estranger

In Brazil.. Neymar was coaxed to stay back as long as possible

Its almost all European teams playing
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:
@coogar that assertion only worked in the 50 - 70s when most players were still based in their continents
Noww the brazilians are even more european than most
Messi almost never played in Argentina thats why he called Estranger

In Brazil.. Neymar was coaxed to stay back as long as possible

Its almost all European teams playing

so you are saying because brazilians now play in europe, they would be affected by the extreme temperature & the humidity in south america like their european counterparts? grin cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

so you are saying because brazilians now play in europe, they would be affected by the extreme temperature & the humidity in south america like their european counterparts? grin cheesy

You miss the point... im saying that factor is not as powerful as it used to be
With water breaks, good stamina also by the european teams.. the gap is not as wide again
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

You miss the point... im saying that factor is not as powerful as it used to be
With water breaks, good stamina also by the european teams.. the gap is not as wide again

it's very wide!
there's no in-between. the european teams left had to abandon their football ethos to stay in the tournament. the humidity in the south american continent is not favourable to the european players........
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
coogar:

it's very wide!
there's no in-between. the european teams left had to abandon their football ethos to stay in the tournament. the humidity in the south american continent is not favourable to the european players........

Yet we potentially have 2 europeans in the semis

While i hope for a braxil v argentina final the odds of an european final is high

odds According to Infostrada

Brazil v Germany : 59% to 41% (very tight)

Holland vs Costa : 76% to 24%

Argentina vs Holland: : 59% to 41% (very tight)

Brazil vs Argentina: : 55% to 45%

As you can see the odds are also high on an all European final
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
pickabeau1:
Yet we potentially have 2 europeans in the semis

While i hope for a braxil v argentina final the odds of an european final is high

odds According to Infostrada
Brazil v Germany : 59% to 41% (very tight)

Holland vs Costa : 76% to 24%

Argentina vs Holland: : 59% to 41% (very tight)

Brazil vs Argentina: : 55% to 45%

As you can see the odds are also high on an all European final

just like bosnia were supposed to have beaten nigeria or england were supposed to have beaten uruguay. football is on the pitch, not on betting sites. i like your use of the word "potential" grin cheesy

let me remind you that at this stage in 2010, uruguay were the only south american team in the semis. in 2006, no south american team made the semis. in short, it's fair to say the last time 2 south american teams made it to the last 4 was also the last time a south american team hosted it(1978).

coincidence? cheesy grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 9:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
That was in the 50s or so bro
Let see how it goes...

I also want an all American final .. mind u

coogar:

just like bosnia were supposed to have beaten nigeria or england were supposed to have beaten uruguay. football is on the pitch, not on betting sites. i like your use of the word "potential" grin cheesy

let me remind you that at this stage in 2010, uruguay were the only south american team in the semis. in 2006, no south american team made the semis. in short, it's fair to say the last time 2 south american teams made the semis was also the last time a south american team hosted it.

coincidence? cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.