Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (306146 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2014
bukatyne: It is a 1 +1 = 1 matter cheesy

You always come across as endorsing it esp on the part of the hubby

Obviously you did not get my post
It is not as simple as abc if a woman is in that shoe

She makes many considerations...

Even divorce is not simple
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
silvermist: ^^^ This jennykadry is just too funny cheesy

@Nashville..still on the topic of cheating. I know of a family friend whose husband flirts with different women online. He has a couple of usernames n emails he uses in chatting and communicating with them. The wife tells me he's on every chat forum you can ever think of. Now what I wouldn't know is if he meets these women in person or not.

To the best of my knowledge he n his wife are doing fine; no issues whatsoever. They seem happy.

Abeg which category this kind man fall into? #he's just an average guy, but very, and I mean very good looking wink which I think is his selling point.

Not too sure what category to place him but he is looking for trouble. The Bible says flee all appearances of evil. There is a proverb that says do not smell what you don't want to eat. I think such a man is just looking for the right opportunity and sooner than later he will get the perfect opportunity to cheat.

One of the best ways to avoid cheating is just avoid being so close to any woman. I don't have any female close friends. I have lots of female friends who are professional colleagues, etc, but none that I will call and go hang out with or chat with late into the night. And most of my female friends know my wife!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
coogar:

just telling her crazy stories that are untrue. i once told my girlfriend i impregnated a midget. there was nothing she didn't break in my flat. by the time she realised i was truly messing about, she knew she had overreacted. now, that kind of a woman is a ticking time-bomb waiting to happen.

there are pop quizzes too.
questions that might come up while watching movies or stuff. "if my mom says this, what will you do?" there are more than enough ways to get a chic to speak out & a man will then decide if she's good enough to marry or not. some other men believe only one woman can truly love them....i don't believe in such so i cast my net far & wide for my precioussssss.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Bros, I do not know what part of your post is most unbelievable.
1. That you told your girlfriend you impregnated a midget grin grin grin
2. That she actually believed you
3. That you, a whole coogar let her break things in your flat without doing nada. A whole coogar that won't take rubbish from any woman let a mere girlfriend break things in his flat.

smiley

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Tgirl4real(f): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nashville:

3. That you, a whole coogar let her break things in your flat without doing nada. A whole coogar that won't take rubbish from any woman let a mere girlfriend break things in his flat.

smiley

What do you want him to do? Join her in breaking things? Or tie her down and let her screAm "he abused me"? tongue

People like Coogar are usually reserved in real life. Since it's somewhat like a test, he will just sit and observe her till she finishes displaying, by then she will be ashamed of herself. grin

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nashville: TV,

Great post and wish you could be here more. Examples I have given are real life examples of people that have real challenges. All I say here are two things. It takes the grace of God and God's grace only for any man to stand. Second lesson is that he that thinks he stand take heed, lest he falls.

On this page, I have given examples of three guys. One whose wife was never around, one who couldnt conceive and one with a troublesome wife. The third is not cheating on the wife as he is a committed Christian. I am sure that there are several guys who may be going through similar problems reading this. We should try to look for ways to help them and not judge them.

I will be glad if you could address those three scenarios and suggest things the guys could have done better. Over to you or anyone else!

When you give examples and then flinch away from taking a moral stance or making a value judgment - especially with the rider of "who am I to judge?" - whether you realise it or not, you are being morally relative and appear to be tacitly winking at it. Especially where there is no balancing example or any corrective counsel

The false piety of "who am I to judge" or "it takes the grace of God" doesn't help very much either. Because God certainly will and His grace is not arbitrary. No one wants to condemn friends or family, but we shouldn't for that reason hesitate to give a clear evaluation. Like I suggested, perhaps depersonalise it somewhat.

Having moved away from the absolute to the relative, the pragmatic will almost certainly follow. Ultimately you go the way of the "whatever works for you" crowd. It's becomes about individual desires and satisfaction. We have those that preach that here, I don't count you as one of them. You may be grounded enough to discern this, others may not. It's them I'm concerned about. Otherwise we're just shooting the breeze.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
Hmmm....
@TV..

I'm sure nash can speak for himself
The idea of a boys room is to have a place to unwindulax

Marital infidelity is not to be encouraged or tolerated...that much has been made clear consistently

However understanding the psyche helps in avouding pitfalls

Eg

Marrying someone you are not attracted to
Marrying someone out of pity

Etc

It does not have to be form all the time
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nashville:

smiley

1) her temperament has to be tested....
2) i am a good actor
3) never get into a scuffle with a woman when there's no other witness. loads of men have been arrested for that simple error. it's the UK, women always win.

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ypepe: 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
Coogar u r absolutely correct .
All d signs u ever needed r always there.
Just be a good actor and see them unfolding b4 u.
Lv is never blind.
When in a r/ship with d opposite sex make use of ur number six very well.
It will never disappoint u.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 11:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
ypepe: Coogar u r absolutely correct .
All d signs u ever needed r always there.
Just be a good actor and see them unfolding b4 u.
Lv is never blind.
When in a r/ship with d opposite sex make use of ur number six very well.
It will never disappoint u.

people's character don't change - it's like fingerprint. if one looks hard enough, you will see these things but people's vision are often clouded by beauty, lust, etc.

a woman at 24 is not really trainable any more. her temper tantrums will forever remain. if she doesn't unleash on her hubby, the kids, his relatives, his friends shall bear the brunt one day.

4 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
TV01:

When you give examples and then flinch away from taking a moral stance or making a value judgment - especially with the rider of "who am I to judge?" - whether you realise it or not, you are being morally relative and appear to be tacitly winking at it. Especially where there is no balancing example or any corrective counsel

The false piety of "who am I to judge" or "it takes the grace of God" doesn't help very much either. Because God certainly will and His grace is not arbitrary. No one wants to condemn friends or family, but we shouldn't for that reason hesitate to give a clear evaluation. Like I suggested, perhaps depersonalise it somewhat.

Having moved away from the absolute to the relative, the pragmatic will almost certainly follow. Ultimately you go the way of the "whatever works for you" crowd. It's becomes about individual desires and satisfaction. We have those that preach that here, I don't count you as one of them. You may be grounded enough to discern this, others may not. It's them I'm concerned about. Otherwise we're just shooting the breeze.

TV

I agree with you and there are different ways of going about things. I am not here to condemn people or to judge people. It takes the grace of God to do his will and sometimes people do carry burdens or have problems that takes wisdom and grace to overcome. I am as human as anyone out there and would not claim I do not face real challenges in my own personal life; some of which I am struggling to overcome.

What I was hoping to get from these discussions was contributions from mature people that would help some reader going through these scenarios. We can go the way of - all these guys are going to hell or just look at things they could have done better; so someone else would learn from it. Nothing wrong in analyzing these stories and looking at where things went wrong and lessons to be learnt.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Tuntheycr7: 11:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

which manchester united - The one that will be competing for league title and there's no another one...

Don't worry I go buy you Alomo to celebrate wen we carry champions carlings cup
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 5:53am On Jan 10, 2014
Tuntheycr7:

Don't worry I go buy you Alomo to celebrate wen we carry champions carlings cup

Hahaha..... U should go to the united diss thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1585491/best-manchester-united-jokes-pictures

10th.... January is picking up gradually
So guys how you coping...that is financially

Most employees are paid mid December to help with Xmas expenses.
Howver u are paid normally at end Jan so na 6 weeks of management.grin.any stories of borrowers or lenders in January?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 10, 2014
pickabeau1:

Hahaha..... U should go to the united diss thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1585491/best-manchester-united-jokes-pictures

10th.... January is picking up gradually
So guys how you coping...that is financially

Most employees are paid mid December to help with Xmas expenses.
Howver u are paid normally at end Jan so na 6 weeks of management.grin.any stories of borrowers or lenders in January?

Ol boy, I shared my experience I think in the fun room. December ending is a big spending period for me because apart from Xmas and New Year, our wedding anniversary is in that period so I always spend a lot. One thing I did is that I stopped checking my account from Dec 23rd. I know if I keep checking the account everyday, I will stop spending; so, I just never checked until January 6th. And boy or boy, I screamed yeparipa on Monday. I checked every single item on my statement and tried to remember when I purchased each one. Depression almost set in.

Anyway its time to go back on the tight budget. The only worry is that I don promise to buy madam something at the end of this month. E be like say that promise go enter March before fullfilment as I need to stabilise first.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ypepe: 11:05am On Jan 10, 2014
Lollz Nash at tight budgeting!
Hubby told me d same thing few days ago.
No wahala, me too I dey tight budgeting too. grin cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 11:43am On Jan 10, 2014
To an extent i always budget extra for year end but some unexpected expenditure came up and so na management ooo

school fees.. chop moni and as per say hausa people never plenty.. prices are still on the high side..

na hold bodi remain,,,,
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
Nashville: What I was hoping to get from these discussions was contributions from mature people that would help some reader going through these scenarios. We can go the way of - all these guys are going to hell or just look at things they could have done better; so someone else would learn from it. Nothing wrong in analyzing these stories and looking at where things went wrong and lessons to be learnt.

My point exactly.

Just dropping it without evaluating in any way or being prescriptive could be misleading. Perhaps something like; "this is what I believe they could have done differently...", or "IMHO this was shaky as major aspirations were not discussed at the outset.....", or even "what are peoples takes on these situations...". Would have kicked the right convos off.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
TV01:

My point exactly.

Just dropping it without evaluating in any way or being prescriptive could be misleading. Perhaps something like; "this is what I believe they could have done differently...", or "IMHO this was shaky as major aspirations were not discussed at the outset.....", or even "what are peoples takes on these situations...". Would have kicked the right convos off.

TV

Fine, I was hoping people will just contribute and let the discussion flow. I shared about the guy whose wife was never around. Very true story and I kinda told him he should take part of the blame for just allowing his wife have her way all the time. No wonder she was bold enough to tell him to join her in the UK after the master. He was of the opinion that he did not want to be like the husband that killed the wife's dreams of going for a masters. So he relectantly allowed it. And things started deteriorating from then on.

Those were my thoughts! Any others?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2014
ypepe: Lollz Nash at tight budgeting!
Hubby told me d same thing few days ago.
No wahala, me too I dey tight budgeting too. grin cheesy

Which tight on budget, abeg there is sales going on, let's hit the shop.

One need some cool stuff this January

We go buy, hide am with old stuff in the closet lipsrsealed

wink

Na so I hide I no evn know say I have two hand bags same design. Guess who caught me grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
una don leave una thread com camp for we own tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ypepe: 1:06pm On Jan 10, 2014
Chilli, u won't injure me abeg! cheesy
I can just picture it.

He said he wanna meet one target by d end of d year. Me too I wanna met loads of them by d end of d year too. And I'm very serious! cheesy

BB, u guys hv trashed d main issues here.
Personally I learnt a lot. At least we can chip in every now and then and we r not disturbing d flow. I really lv it.
But I saw u on our own, what were u doing there? tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
Good yu guys are picking up stuff.. me im just having fun.. have a bit of free time

Though na only sex u na dey yarn sha,,,, cowgirl.. cowboy etc grin grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
pickabeau1: Good yu guys are picking up stuff.. me im just having fun.. have a bit of free time

Though na only sex u na dey yarn sha,,,, cowgirl.. cowboy etc grin grin grin

The other thread is boring....writing se x se x when you have just finish the act is not so enjoying for me tongue

There is nothing here to learn. Man wey go cheat go cheat. Full stop.
cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
Chillisauce:

Which tight on budget, abeg there is sales going on, let's hit the shop.

One need some cool stuff this January

We go buy, hide am with old stuff in the closet lipsrsealed

wink

Na so I hide I no evn know say I have two hand bags same design. Guess who caught me grin

See how God don catch you now. You have sooo many bags you cant even remember them. One a serious note, my wife does the same thing o. She will buy boots or expensive shoes without telling or showing me. Small time after she will claim she is broke that I should "raise her". Of course I will give her the money.

Meanwhile she just made me pay for a pair of shoes she knows I wouldn't have bought for her because she already has too many. These sales ehn, if I don't need, I dont buy. Even 90% sales cannot move me!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2014
Chillisauce:

The other thread is boring....writing se x se x when you have just finish the act is not so enjoying for me tongue

There is nothing here to learn. Man wey go cheat go cheat. Full stop.
cheesy

Some people find post-sex yarns therapeutic
When no be say na olosho or stud person carry grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2014
@nashville, I was shocked when I saw that o. Same design, same size but different designer.
The little diff is that one is black and white, while the other is white and black grin

The guy just left while shaking his head.
But this sales make you buy things you don't even need. After buying you start regretting. Anyway, I'm trying to save too. We will get there
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
hahaha... at head shaking...

You will be my perfect client if i work in retail

amen to your prayer.. May God help us
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2014
pickabeau1:

Some people find post-sex yarns therapeutic
When no be say na olosho or stud person carry grin grin

Trying to write the style or what have you is not my thing...I Berra use the time to do something beneficial than thinking/typing about se x se x while in a strange place and time.
Wierd.
smiley
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
Chillisauce: @nashville, I was shocked when I saw that o. Same design, same size but different designer.
The little diff is that one is black and white, while the other is white and black grin

The guy just left while shaking his head.
But this sales make you buy things you don't even need. After buying you start regretting. Anyway, I'm trying to save too. We will get there

The worst thing is that some women will end up giving lots of these stuff out after wearing them only twice. I am sure you will end up giving one of those bags out. You girls are just increasing the bonuses of the retail executives!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 1:29pm On Jan 10, 2014
Nashville:

The worst thing is that some women will end up giving lots of these stuff out after wearing them only twice. I am sure you will end up giving one of those bags out. You girls are just increasing the bonuses of the retail executives!

Word!

You should see the imapct of mass consumerism..

Women have matching colours

Enter Accessorize and you will be begged nay cajoled.. this goes with that top or that shoe i bought last year
You be like? which shoe....

Blue shoe, Blue bag, Blue bracelet, Blue pendant...

May God help menfolk,.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
Nashville:

Cest la vie. You live once you die once smiley

If I tire, I auction it,

Bon coin is the site, maybe for less but better than nothing
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Incrizz(f): 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2014
@PureOhio Mwah!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.