Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,119 members, 7,860,041 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:45 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (307842 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 17, 2015
tearoses:

Sis mi i dream carbs now. They are my sworn enemys from the village
100g of quinoa has 64 g of Total Carbohydrate
My carb book said I should run away from anything more than 50g
which leaves me with 1 tomato and one garlic sad

coach TV01 where are you naw?
Wimbledon has finished. Time to coach us to be ripped like the william sisters grin
You have to break down your carbs, for the most part, complex carbs that have not undergone too much processing are not that bad. This is why yams, sweet potatoes and wild rice are the best form of carbs. As carbs gets much of the good stuff get stripped away leaving you with just sugar the real enemy.
You should check how much of that 64g is sugar, a good reference for you is this, a cube of sugar is 4g. So if a 100g has 64g of sugar, you know there are 16 cubes present.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 9:44am On Jul 17, 2015
salsera:

Hey Coach TV01

Seen the videos though I first fear hehe but I'll try them out and let you know which I find difficult to do
SO i need to get the weights and buy skipping rope
I intend to sort out next week and start.

Thanks

Holá,

Me sef, typing it was one thing - only URL's - when it appeared on screen - with videos embedded - I was like, ye!

The videos are for instruction regards each exercise - which is only to be done once - I put a number so you could perfect form and experiment with variations.

You do not need to buy weights or a skipping rope. Start with the weights you have - or with no weights were possible. Then if it's too easy/as you progress, you can add/increase the weights.

I actually thought you said you had a skipping rope. If you don't, you can do fast knee raises with your hands held high and/or jogging on the spot to warm up instead. It's good to learn how to improvise and vary things. It can prevent boredom, or making excuses for not exercising.

Schedule your slots beforehand so you are mentally prepared and also plan your meals so you don't just eat whatever comes to hand grin!

I'll await your feedback. All the best.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 9:51am On Jul 17, 2015
tearoses:
Coach TV grin

What can I do with chicken please
Low Carb please
Apart from slinging it on the BBQ and with salad, and chicken breasts with sliced peppers what else can I do with it to make a decent meal?

Stuff it grin!

I'm afraid options are limited. I tend to grill using different spice combos. You can swap salad for veg or grilled veg (which is bbq'ish in a way). You can also casserole, but the temptation wil be to add, rice, roast potatoes etc., which is what I do on occassion - albeit in small measure - but you are trying to avoid totally right? Zero tolerance grin!

Chicken breast? I only ever have drumsticks or thighs, they are more nutritious and I like a little tendon to chew on sometimes cheesy! Presumably you swap chicken with duck, fish, other at times?

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
naijababe:

You have to break down your carbs, for the most part, complex carbs that have not undergone too much processing are not that bad. This is why yams, sweet potatoes and wild rice are the best form of carbs. As carbs gets much of the good stuff get stripped away leaving you with just sugar the real enemy.
You should check how much of that 64g is sugar, a good reference for you is this, a cube of sugar is 4g. So if a 100g has 64g of sugar, you know there are 16 cubes present.

Sisi Naijababe are you a coach too grin
You seem to know a lot about all this
Did you say Yam is good?
I love yam
I havent tried wild rice . .I saw wild rice/basmati in the shops. Is that good or bad? or should I just buy wild rice
I must admit im missing rice seriously
Ive only eaten it once in 3 weeks
Im begginning to dream of rice sad
Bread I am not craving at all
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
TV01:

Stuff it grin!

I'm afraid options are limited. I tend to grill using different spice combos. You can swap salad for veg or grilled veg (which is bbq'ish in a way). You can also casserole, but the temptation wil be to add, rice, roast potatoes etc., which is what I do on occassion - albeit in small measure - but you are trying to avoid totally right? Zero tolerance grin!

Chicken breast? I only ever have drumsticks or thighs, they are more nutritious and I like a little tendon to chew on sometimes cheesy! Presumably you swap chicken with duck, fish, other at times?

TV

Never cooked duck embarassed
When you say grill the chicken do you mean boil/roast and grill or do you put it straight under the grill?
Fed up of chicken now anyway - unbeleivable
Ive eaten so much of the stuff sad

I was reading about carb cycling and it sounds really interesting
But cant find any decent menus for each cycle
I will probably end up writing my own book in the end
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
tearoses:

Sisi Naijababe are you a coach too grin
You seem to know a lot about all this
Did you say Yam is good?
I love yam
I havent tried wild rice . .I saw wild rice/basmati in the shops. Is that good or bad? or should I just buy wild rice
I must admit im missing rice seriously
Ive only eaten it once in 3 weeks
Im begginning to dream of rice sad
Bread I am not craving at all

Lol....I am not a coach o but I am a foodie and as an unapologetic foodie I have to know these things less I become an elephant especially since I happen to be married to a man with the body of an Adonis grin
Yam, sweet potatoes, wild rice are very good for you. Basmati are okay but don't eat it every day o grin
Stay away from bread, it is the enemy, I used to be in love with bread, in fact I buy like 5 different types but I had to wean myself off bread. Sadly, I still eat the occasional croissant, I am a sucker for pastries especially French ones lipsrsealed
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 10:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
Madam Tearoses want to become "lepa" by fire by force.. grin cheesy

Naijababe, you see wetin una UK chics dey put our madam through... grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
bellong:
Madam Tearoses want to become "lepa" by fire by force.. grin cheesy

Naijababe, you see wetin una UK chics dey put our madam through... grin

Fimi sile jare tongue grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
tearoses:

When you say grill the chicken do you mean boil/roast and grill or do you put it straight under the grill?

Do you only eat chicken? There's fish of all sorts to grill as well as the wide range of seafood options

I dont boil chicken before I grill it, i clean, then make cuts in the flesh so when i cover it with spices they all go in. then I pop it in the grill. It takes about 30-45 minutes ( i leave the skin) and i keep the heat low so it doesnt dry up.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
naijababe:

Lol....I am not a coach o but I am a foodie and as an unapologetic foodie I have to know these things less I become an elephant especially since I happen to be married to a man with the body of an Adonis grin
Yam, sweet potatoes, wild rice are very good for you. Basmati are okay but don't eat it every day o grin
Stay away from bread, it is the enemy, I used to be in love with bread, in fact I buy like 5 different types but I had to wean myself off bread. Sadly, I still eat the occasional croissant, I am a sucker for pastries especially French ones lipsrsealed

grin grin grin at elephant
Thank God I dont have a craving for bread
Its posh people like you who will like French Pastries
Being an ajepako like me has its advantages grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 17, 2015
salsera:

Do you only eat chicken? There's fish of all sorts to grill as well as the wide range of seafood options

I dont boil chicken before I grill it, i clean, then make cuts in the flesh so when i cover it with spices they all go in. then I pop it in the grill. It takes about 30-45 minutes ( i leave the skin) and i keep the heat low so it doesnt dry up.

Not really a fish fan like that & def not a seafood fan.
Will try the grilling
I mostly roast
Thanks for the tip
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2015
tearoses:

grin grin grin at elephant
Thank God I dont have a craving for bread
Its posh people like you who will like French Pastries
Being an ajepako like me has its advantages grin

grin grin grin grin grin Posh people like me, emi omo mushin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by mbulela: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2015
naijababe:

Women dey suffer o.
All these rules and laws na to be lepa abi?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
mbulela:

Women dey suffer o.
All these rules and laws na to be lepa abi?

Yes o. You have not met my hubby and I dey fear those brazilian weave wearing mammy water b1tches in Lagos angry angry angry
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by mbulela: 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2015
naijababe:

Yes o. You have not met my hubby and I dey fear those brazilian weave wearing mammy water b1tches in Lagos angry angry angry
Lepa or Orono, if him Wan sample outside, him go still arrange parole.
I wish women would appreciate the fact that most of the time it is not their fault.
Even jayZ dey arrange parole outside. Men dey cheat on Halle Berry.
Besides your oga might be like me and have a disdain for Brazilian weaves. grin

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
mbulela:

I wish women would appreciate the fact that most of the time it is not their fault.

I know that, in fact my mum used to say that if you carry a man around in a sack on your head, he will arrange himself if he wishes to . So I will put it this way, he looks like a god, I wanna look like a goddess tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
naijababe:

I know that, in fact my mum used to say that if you carry a man around in a sack on your head, he will arrange himself if he wishes to . So I will put it this way, he looks like a god, I wanna look like a goddess tongue

LOL was that said in Yoruba or English grin
Bless those mama's with their quirky sayings kiss
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 9:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
mbulela:

Words on marble
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 9:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
naijababe:

Go girl!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 9:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
mbulela:

Beautifully said but then again,if you put in mind that you are doing it for him/her then that where the problem lies.It's really about you,your self esteem and self-worth.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
tearoses:

LOL was that said in Yoruba or English grin
Bless those mama's with their quirky sayings kiss

In Yoruba of course nau grin

Bo se osuka, t'ogbe okunrin sinu apo ti o'n ru kiri, to ba fe se sina a se grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 10:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin grin Posh people like me, emi omo mushin

angry angry

What part is your territory? I am the area father controlling Ojuwoye to Olosa....
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 18, 2015
bellong:

angry angry

What part is your territory? I am the area father controlling Ojuwoye to Olosa....

Ilasa confirm. Omo sometimes I dey ask myself how i take land obodo.......You know Archbishop Aggey Memorial Sec School, dat na my dormot gan gan grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 4:46am On Jul 19, 2015
naijababe:

Ilasa confirm. Omo sometimes I dey ask myself how i take land obodo.......You know Archbishop Aggey Memorial Sec School, dat na my dormot gan gan grin

Shift joor... Na Mushin GRA you lived. Ilasa and Papa-Ajao are Mushin GRA.

I was born in Mushin, six months later we moved to the Island (Odunfa street) then came back to Mushin in 1992.

You see, I am the original son of the soil.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Ewuro4: 5:41am On Jul 19, 2015
naijababe:

Oro sunukun.

If he wishes? They always do.
I saw Dayo D1's latest pic and was wowed. Good thing his wife wasn't bad herself. Na to look like a goodness ni oh.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 19, 2015
Ewuro4:

Oro sunukun.

If he wishes? They always do.
I saw Dayo D1's latest pic and was wowed. Good thing his wife wasn't bad herself. Na to look like a goodness ni oh.

He has a baby momma.
So no matter how well the woman packs and puts the man in a sack on her head and carrys him around Copyright Naijababe; he can still misbehave

Personaly I think that some men are more predisposed to affiars, due to the nature of their jobs.
Its not easy to flee and fight temptation hundreds of times a day, Its only God who can give you that strength

10 years ago, I would have said something different, but age and experience of what ive seen in life makes me see some things differently.
I will never knowingly expose my husband to accordng to Naijababe " awon ti aye won ti baje"

The older, more respectable and more comfortable a man is, the more they become interesting species to the opposite sex and some of them will want to cut off a piece and if at that point a man is not God fearing and very strong mentally, he will fall especially if he is being cornered from many sides.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by mbulela: 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2015
bellong:

I was born in Mushin, six months later we moved to the Island (Odunfa street) then came back to Mushin in 1992.

No mind her. The ajebutter dey her body.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
mbulela:

No mind her. The ajebutter dey her body.

Just because I learnt to write small small engrish abi? Una nefa see sontin cheesy

bellong:

grin grin grin grin grin GRA bawo, I have to live in Ojuwoye or Idi-oro to be bonafide abi? Mushin ni mushin nje!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
tearoses:

Straight under the grill, or in the oven.

TV01:
Presumably you swap chicken with duck, fish, other at times?

salsera:

Mix it up CC. Fish can be an acquired taste. Experiment and try different types & methods of cooking.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 1:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin Brazilian weave wearing mammy waters

mammy water no dey do braids or be 'team naturalista' ni ?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 1:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
damiso:
grin grin grin grin grin grin Brazilian weave wearing mammy waters

mammy water no dey do braids or be 'team naturalista' ni ?

gringrin abi?

Combing my brazillian weave.... tonguetongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 2:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
edwife:

gringrin abi?
Combing my brazillian weave.... tonguetongue
grin grin
this is discrimination against we Brazilian wearing chics

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.