Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode (36356 Views)

Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? / APC Should Let Buhari Seek Medicare Abroad - Ayo Fayose / My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
Femi Fani Kayode, you have just struck the first of the several fatal blows to the heart of APC. WHY DO YOU THINK ROTIMI AMAECHI IS WITH YOU GUYS? because he loves Nigeria? I laugh in Otuoke language. You guys are already fighting for imaginary booty... We are wiser... There is nothing progressive about the APC. Their strength lies among the gullible and people who read and write but can't form their own opinions. APC is also blatantly tribalistic and elitist. All your big fat egos would be sent to the cleaners real soon.
Last time I checked, seats in the National Assembly are no longer automatic, in the PDP. To me and millions others, that is a huge step forward. The PDP now enthrones merit while the Godfather of APC and his Ex PDP renegades, are carving up the positions in 2014.
Femi, do not seek our help cos you would get none. Where is our aviation intervention fund? His Excellency indeed.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by INJESUSITRUST: 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ngwakwe: It's quite unfortunate FFK refuses to understand that the Freebies and Spoils of Civil war are no longer obtainable in twenty first century.

Nigeria is trying to attain equilibrium where reward is based on merit and development is evenly distributed.

Our eyes have been open and Gov. Akpabio captures it all in the exert.

hmm naawa ooo
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Pukkah: 10:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
Geniro:

And you still remain a paid goon. Enough said.

Expecting someone like you to make sense is like expecting natural snow to fall in Nigeria.

When I see people like you around, I seek no further proof of the failure in the educational system in Nigeria.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
OSOIGHO: Sometimes I wonder if this Femi of a thing has brains...cheap popularity. GEJ all the way or feed a better candidate not all this criminals

Oloriburuku omo baba werey..... Feed ko.....eat ni..
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Geniro: 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
Pukkah:

Expecting someone like you to make sense is like expecting natural snow to fall in Nigeria.

When I see people like you around, I seek no further proof of the failure in the educational system in Nigeria.

You are a paid APC e-rat.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by TropicalOne: 12:23am On Jan 08, 2014
surprised how someone would sit down and write this piece of crap and how did it even make front page?

Why is ffk whipping tribal sentiments here? the last time I checked Yoruba produced a president that lasted 8 yrs and could only achieve gsm.

Now, the ranting of a sacked former minister on the grounds of incompetence and gross corruption cannot becloud our thoughts and vision.
Nigeria is bigger than any tribe or religion and national interest should come above other things.

I can only support any party that fields credible candidates like Pat Utomi etc, not anybody because he came from a certain region or religion.

Agreed PDP is full of corrupt politicians but APC is not the solution cos they are a dumping ground for disillusioned PDP members. just like selling my dog to buy a monkey.. all domestic animals.

I am sure the pro-APC moderator will try to block my comment mana ka chineke mezie okwu!

3 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by agohavivi(f): 4:39am On Jan 08, 2014
jjcbuthot: Definitely APC founders will not be too stupid to allow defectors from PDP to dictate who their flag bearer will be.

I will also be disappointed in APC if their flag bearer is a defector from PDP. The election will become PDP vs PDP. They wont have anything to use in their campaign because it will mean nothing is changing and I will therefore advice them to change their logo ("change"wink to something else.
I bet you, APC most likely would make a pdp defector, her flag bearer. APC as a party, lacks principles, policies or intergrity. It has no standard. How can the major contender of pdp comprise of pdp defectors? Just like you said, its still PDP versus PDP. I bet you if Goodluck defects to APC and requests to be their presidential flagbearer, he'll definitely be granted his request. I now realise what chief mike ozekhome meant when he referred to ACN/APC as a "coven of witches". For all those canvassing for APC, "GO AND DIE" cos I assure you, it's Goodluck till 2019.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by roxell120(m): 6:57am On Jan 08, 2014
APC gimmick just helped Gej become even more acceptable and a better option among the pack.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by lezz(m): 1:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: TO EVERYONE SCREAMING "TAMBUWAL" I ASK YOU : BASED ON WHAT?!

What are his antecedents? Whats his past?! What, because he finally showed how disloyal he is to his Commander-In-Chief and Party leader?!

Lmao Nigerians never learn! Listen: IF TAMBUWAL COULD ATTACK HIS C-IN-C THAT VICIOUSLY IN PUBLIC, TRUST ME, HE'LL SAY MORE THAN "I DONT GIVE A DAMN!" WHEN THE TIME COMES. This is how you all fooooolishly rallied behind a deceitful GEJ--- who, truth be told, showed you his true colors from jump even before he became President--- now you're all crying crocodile tears.

At least, Buhari's ideology and antecedents are known: He abhors corruption, loves discipline, and will aggressively tackle Nigeria's dependence on imports thereby putting in place structures that'll empower local producers. These we all know from his past. What do we know of Tambuwal?

Nigerians are funny. Its alright, g'ahead and put another GEJ in power then come cry to the world and foreigners why your country is on the same level as Somalia and Papua New Guinea and like 5billion light yrs behind the poorest Western European Country in terms of development.
Go and ask your Buhari what he did with PTF money. He might be the least corrupt ex president but that doesn't make him free of corruption. Nigerians have a hard time separating him from post election violence in 2011 and boko haram insurgence. Again you would do well without the cheap insults and curses that lace your posts. . .i thought you abhore the ''i don't give a damn'' insult from the president''. And you don't think your fellow Nairalanders deserve a little curtesy, their political leaning and views irrespective?
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by amakenny: 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
ilugunboy:

Utterly irrelevant.

If APC didn't perform well in those zones I listed...na for SS or SE dem go perform

Those zones listed are the strength of APC....

So...because they are sophisticated and educated...they should stand akimbo and unconcerned while a President treats them as if they are no longer Nigerians?

Keep deceiving yourself.
Tambuwal used born-to-rule power to snap up the House of Reps. Speaker position meant for the SW. GEj govt does not marginalize the SW. As happened in the House of Reps when Tambuwal and group maneuvered and muscled up the SW, you are repeating the same mistake as you are now campaigning for the Tambuwals to ride on to outsmart your Yoruba agai by usingTinubu-inspired APC. Think twice.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by amakenny: 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
ilugunboy:

Utterly irrelevant.

If APC didn't perform well in those zones I listed...na for SS or SE dem go perform

Those zones listed are the strength of APC....

So...because they are sophisticated and educated...they should stand akimbo and unconcerned while a President treats them as if they are no longer Nigerians?

Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by akorsson(m): 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
Make cool cash from your dead or condemned inverter batteries and other heavy duty batteries. Contact padre tech on 08161195037or bbm on 758a9ed5. We shall come do the pick up anywhere u have them
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by baysol: 10:31am On Jan 09, 2014
Sloan: In as much as their was a "gentleman" agreement for the Northern part of the country to be president and that didn't quite workout with Yaradua, I think fair is fair: that arrangement should be honoured! Tomorrow, it might be another person from a different part of the country that may be on the receiving end and then we will have the moral standing to tell whoever it is how whatever "imperfect" arrangement that operated (created by mostly the PDP elements) and favoured them in the past must then be allowed to favour whoever is on the seat or whose turn is it at that time. My only and most important consideration is that such a person be credible, patriotic, honest, possess very strong leadership skills, be a bridge builder and not an ethnic jingoist and ready to reach out to all parts of the country to build it only, not destroy it with narrow parochial and tribalist interests.

Democracy is a game of numbers, so follow the numbers! Where are the numbers? In the North and West (majorly)! From the foregoing position, the North should get a chance to present a credible candidate who they can be sure will be accepted to other parts of the country and who must be prepared, not another Yaradua or GEJ kind of president. Next, the West because of the strong leadership and vibrant administrative credentials of the Yorubas, you can see the list from immemorial and contemporary times: Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Tunde Idiagbon, Bola Tinubu, Raji Fashola, Rauf Aregbesola, Ibikunle Amosu, and the list is virtually endless! The West enjoys practically nothing from the central governments since the days of Obasanjo and YET, it is far ahead of every other region in economy, infrastructural, development, tourism, education, science and technology, commerce, etc! Also, the Westerners are by far the most gifted planners, thinkers and builders of people and politics! Since about 15 years ago, they've build AD (successful in 1999 with several positions but was killed by the Obasanjo PDP), then they rebuilt again with AC and then morphing into ACN and making so much progress on all fronts in the West and Edo State, and then going into a strategic political merger with other parties and in less than 1 year of registration, the APC has put PDP's over 15 years of party politics to flight and shame! Also the West are the most calm and cool-headed people you can be sure to use their good sense when their are potential problems that could cause a conflagration. Finally, for their leadership and tenacity in birthing the APC with CPC, ANPP, etc; they should definitely be on the joint ticket with a northern candidate. Together, they form about 70% of all votes that could be garnered at anytime in Nigeria.

Next, they must work very hard to gain the confidence (and not just that MUST DELIVER) of our brothers in the SS and SE. Even in a family, some children will be wayward and irresponsible or not on the same page but it's up to the more sensible to show the way forward. The candidates must work hard in states like Rivers, Kwara, Nassarawa, Kogi, Benue, Imo and Edo States (who are actually close cousins of the Yorubas) to gain more of their confidence and tell them exactly what they will do and I want them to get onto it as soon as they're in government. If they can show other states how the West is able to come up with consistently higher IGR numbers, which touch the lives of the people, the next campaigns will be much easier and they will not be like the present government that now hires thousands of commenters online and people to do PR to launder their image.

Finally, the first task of this pair of candidates is to DESTROY CORRUPTION before it DESTROYS the country and everybody in it. I hope they can succeed with good planning and flawless excellent execution of their plans!

This is just a tip of the olumo rock to say the least. One can but wonder what sort of criminal Lord Lugard was to amalgamate us with avidly retrogresive and reprehensible lots from the north, east, and south south. People who no matter how well educated from Nigerian resources are never productive but divisive and are only after what Nigeria has to offer. This useless marriage of inconvenience is over this year let everyone go back to their fathers house and bear thear their bloody names. Yoruba has been sitting on the fence because of useless people parading themselves as opc, obas, obj, tinubu, that have no common interest with larger yoruba agenda and ideals other than their selfish gain in power and blood money. Yorubas kindly Ronu so that you will not mortgage the future of our children.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Baron75: 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2014
" We have not risked all, including our lives and liberty, turned our backs on him and resolved to fight him just to be left with nothing. The position of Senate President, Speaker of the House or anything else is not big enough for us and in any case they are fraught with uncertainties.

The yoruba must have the position of Vice President to make up for what they have suffered in the hands of others in the last five years and in return for the mammoth support that they will give the APC in 2015. Politics is a game of numbers. Yet let us make no mistake about it- if the APC candidate is a northerner his running mate must be a yoruba man.

If you want lasting stability, peace and equity in Nigeria that is the way to achieve it. Anything else will fail and will leave the door of victory wide open for Jonathan, his ijaw ethnic supremacists and their numerous friends and allies."
So this why the South West suddenly turned against GEJ, South South and the South Esat. Well, not surprising. They have been known for betrayal since the history of Nigeria. They will soon betray the North, watch out. I laugh.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by oluwafemi113(m): 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
THE FEAR OF GMB! After watching the hour-long documentary about General Buhari (the man behind the mask), I have realised that Buhari is the only person stopping the PDP and their cronies from continuously looting our treasury. Buhari did not jail or sentenced to death the ordinary citizens or civil servants that collect their monthly salaries. Buhari sentenced to death or imprisoned those that violated the laws at that time. Today, Buhari is not coming as a lawmaker, so he will only enforce the existing laws. The PDP have expressed that they don't like law and order that is why they are afraid of Buhari. The law today is for the ordinary citizens but reverse was the case in the days of Gen. Buhari, the mighty were not spared and that is the singular reason I want him back. The PDP have started telling us how much they love Nigeria as such they don't want it to collapse if Buhari is elected but where is the love for Nigeria they have been preaching? Most of them come into government as average citizens but they leave as billionaires, is that the "love for Nigeria" that they want us to know? Buhari came into power and left the way he came, can they challenge this? The fear of GMB is the beginning of fake propaganda, TV adverts, TV documentaries, death wishes and religious jingoism.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire / Theresa May Calls For Same-sex Marriages In Nigeria, Commonwealth / David Mark, Suswam, Ortom To Be PDP Agents At Polling Units In Benue Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.