Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,839 members, 7,956,164 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:25 AM

My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode (36589 Views)

Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? / APC Should Let Buhari Seek Medicare Abroad - Ayo Fayose / My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by nku5: 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
Only in the Nigerian cesspit of today can a deranged drug addict on trial for billion naira corruption be applauded for ethnic jingoism.

I sure as hell do not want to be part of a country where the likes of that rodent called ffk has a voice. National conference don dey reach let everybody answer his papa's name

8 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by jjcbuthot: 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
cramjones: This is not about tribal politics, it is about strategies that would give APC the numbers. Once we produce a credible northerner, we will be sure to capture the north. And since we control the SW, the only logical thing to do is to produce a SW VP candidate. This is the only formular that can ensure our victory. At the moment FFK through funding from the APC is sponsoring a research in these regions including the SE/SS to see who among the potential candidates will be the most sellable to Nigerians. We are not going to field candidates based on our perception, we must know what the people real want, whatever will do will be purely evidence based. Not like the PDP that engage spirit mediums and babalawos.

It is now Fani Kayode that will pick VP for APC. Interesting...

APC founders should watch this and not allow these PDP agents to dent the opposition party we worked hard to build.

I know, this guy is probably working for PDP.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Ngwakwe: 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
Unless you claim memory lose, Can you reconcile these two contradicting comments

cramjones: The yoruba must have the position of Vice President to make up for what they have suffered in the hands of others in the last five years.

Anything else will fail and will leave the door of victory wide open for Jonathan, his ijaw ethnic supremacists and their numerous friends and allies.

cramjones: This is not about tribal politics, it is about strategies that would give APC the numbers. Once we produce a credible northerner, we will be sure to capture the north. And since we control the SW, the only logical thing to do is to produce a SW VP candidate. This is the only formular that can ensure our victory. At the moment FFK through funding from the APC is sponsoring a research in these regions including the SE/SS to see who among the potential candidates will be the most sellable to Nigerians. We are not going to field candidates based on our perception, we must know what the people real want, whatever will do will be purely evidence based. Not like the PDP that engage spirit mediums and babalawos.

6 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Ngwakwe: 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
Unless you claim memory lose, Can you reconcile these two contradicting comments

cramjones: The yoruba must have the position of Vice President to make up for what they have suffered in the hands of others in the last five years.

Anything else will fail and will leave the door of victory wide open for Jonathan, his ijaw ethnic supremacists and their numerous friends and allies.

3 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ngwakwe: Unless you claim memory lose, Can you reconcile these two contradicting comments

Very much so! we are not playing the tribal card, we are just working on the demographics of present day Nigerian politics and what will ensure the APC's victory in 2015. That said, FFK is not selecting candidates, I don't want to be misquoted; FFK is only leading a nation wide research sponsored by the APC.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
see pdp thugs killing themselves and over Apc as usual.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Sloan: 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bishop Juice:

Relegating yourself to second fiddle.

Now you can see how devoid of pragmatic nation building these APC goons are. They are merely digging the trenches deeper on ethnic and religious divides

Ibos are very funny! In fact, people who think like you are an anomaly! How are they playing second fiddle? Is it by being realistic that Yaraduas death in some way distorted an arrangement which though imperfect is the only way to share power in a multi-ethnic country like Nigeria. Otherwise, if it were purely by numbers, lots of the smaller populated areas will never have a shot. Now if APC recognizes that, what is wrong with it and knowing there will and can only be one president at a time, what is wrong being the VP? What is more important is that whoever is president performs and delivers on the party's promises for the country!

Finally, if you phoolishly cry about the West who are taking cognizance of political realities and equity, what about the East that has not even come close to second, not to talk of first in several years??

4 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sloan:

Ibos are very funny! In fact, people who think like you are an anomaly! How are they playing second fiddle? Is it by being realistic that Yaraduas death in some way distorted an arrangement which though imperfect is the only way to share power in a multi-ethnic country like Nigeria. Otherwise, if it were purely by numbers, lots of the smaller populated areas will never have a shot. Now if APC recognizes that, what is wrong with it and knowing there will and can only be one president at a time, what is wrong being the VP? What is more important is that whoever is president performs and delivers on the party's promises for the country!

Finally, if you phoolishly cry about the West who are taking cognizance of political realities and equity, what about the East that has not even come close to second, not to talk of first in several years??

Thank you!
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
The PDP wants to hoodwink us into fielding a Northerner/SS or SE. We will not do that, even if the SE/SSner is competent an able. Why? Because we will loose if we do that.

"What does it profit a man to be the most competent from the SS/SE, but fails to win elections?" - Nothing. Therefore, while we in the APC considers merit, we must also balance it with geo-regional politics to ensure victory!

6 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by simpleseyi: 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
huptin: in other words, FFK wan become vice president. I dey laugh o

No ooo. This FFK that sleeps with anything in skirt including Ojukwu's wife cannot be trusted with leading the country except there is no woman in Nigeria. grin grin The South-West will provide a more responsible VP. FFK can take the position of attack dog, replacing Doyin Oku-Igbe.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
cramjones: The PDP wants to hoodwink us into fielding a Northerner/SS or SE. We will not do that, even if the SE/SSner is competent an able. Why? Because we will loose if we do that.

"What does it profit a man to be the most competent from the SS/SE, but fails to win elections?" - Nothing. Therefore, while we in the APC considers merit, we must also balance it with geo-regional politics to ensure victory!
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sloan:

you dey mind am? Is there an igbo man on the pdp ticket.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
cramjones: The PDP wants to hoodwink us into fielding a Northerner/SS or SE. We will not do that, even if the SE/SSner is competent an able. Why? Because we will loose if we do that.

Gbam, election is about numbers.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2014

I was just about to say this before I saw what you wrote above.

The biggest mistake APC would make and hand over the trophy to PDP is to have a SE/SS on the Presidential ticket.

With SW...you are sure, with SE/SS...it's a throw in the dark.

To me....APC should even risk a Muslim/Muslim ticket than a SE / SS on the ticket.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
Kwankwaso/Fashola ticket sums it all up. The best from the North and the south, proven track record. Forget religion. Let pdp thugs go and hang themselves

6 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
The politics of religion is a double-edged sword ....if PDP overplays it...it will work to their detriment in the SW....and most importantly in the North

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by ochejoseph(m): 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
Obiagelli:
Gbam, election is about numbers.

Obiageli my Sister I had wanted you to ccomment on Reno's article yesterday but you were away in Church I would love to have your response

Here is an except from the article

hypocrisies.
On the 18th of December 2013 several
newspapers carried the statement from the All
Progressive Congress, APC. While the different
papers gave their own slant to the story, I
particularly liked the headline from a major
newspaper which said “Jonathan Must Respond
to Obasanjo – APC”.
Now, imagine my surprise when after President
Goodluck Jonathan did exactly what the APC
recommended, they changed their tune and on
the 26th of December 2013 the headline changed
to “APC berates Jonathan’s response to
Obasanjo’s letter”. The story in fact was more
telling with the Vanguard Newspapers writing
that “The All Progressives Congress (APC) says
the presidency has been greatly diminished by its
decision to throw decorum to the wind and
engage former President Olusegun Obasanjo”.
With the above, it should now be obvious to
objective citizens that the APC stands for nothing
and is only against anything President Goodluck
Jonathan does.
For instance, Senator Bola Tinubu had been one
of the most vociferous champions for the
convocation of a National Conference. He had
championed this cause for years and many had
come to see the idea as his pet project.
At the first Anthony Enahoro Memorial Lecture
in Benin City, Edo State which held on the 24th of
November 2011, Bola Tinubu had said “I submit
to you today that because of the multiple issues
surrounding our skewed federalism and
constitutional flaws, the Nigerian nation is
weak…The 21-member Presidential Committee
on the Review of Outstanding Constitutional
Issues (PCROCI) recently set up by President
Goodluck Jonathan falls short. It is a backdoor
approach to the issue of national conference. In
memory of Chief Enahoro we must convoke a
national conference.”
And when on October 1st 2013, President
Jonathan listened to the cries of Nigerians and
decided to convoke the very National Conference
that Bola Tinubu advocated, the Asiwaju made a
characteristic 360 degree turn and went on attack
mode saying on October 6th 2013 “The national
conference is by whom, for whom, and at what
stage? How many levels of deception? I see a
contradiction. I see diversion. I see deception,
lack of honesty and integrity.”
Obviously, Senator Tinubu is willing to cut his
nose to spite his face. And if you think this is a
case of multiple personality syndrome, you may
have a point.
On the 25th of March 2013 after a birthday party
that was reported in the media to have cost 1
billion Naira, Bola Tinubu gave an interview to
The Sun Newspaper and said “There are so many
news items that are seriously more newsworthy
than to be looking for Obasanjo’s congratulatory
messages in the newspaper. A man who had great
opportunity to put Nigeria on the right path and
failed to do so; failed to do even the Otta road,
not Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. What am I
celebrating about him? That’s the truth. He
deceptively dealt with the country and he handed
over to a man who knew he was ill. Obasanjo is a
leader that could not find another successor
capable of driving through his vision for the
country”.
Imagine my surprise when nine months later on
December the 22nd of 2013 the same Bola Tinubu
was at former President Obasanjo’s residence at
Ota and told the same man whom he had hitherto
said “had great opportunity to put Nigeria on the
right path and failed to do so” that “We’re
resolved and determined to rescue Nigeria. We
want you as navigator”.
How can these two statements be reconciled?
It is glaring to objective minds that the APC is a
party without ideology, and a vision for Nigeria
cobbled together by people without scruples who
would be willing to work with anybody no
matter how odious as long as that person has a
grudge against President Goodluck Jonathan.
This is why they cannot argue with facts and
figures against President Jonathan and must
therefore conjure up lies, innuendo and
propaganda

premiumtimesng.com/opinion/152670-nigeria-2014-fact-versus-fiction-reno-omokri.html

8 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
^^^^^ just like you've made up your mind to swim or sink with GEJ regardless of what you read or see against him.....million others too are ready to swim with APC to change the direction this country is heading...

Reno can only find fans among your type.

2 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Psychedelia(m): 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
Femi Fani Kayode: If the APC candidate is a northerner his running mate must be a yoruba man

*dead*

The future looks really bleak for this party if tribal politics has already started creeping in at this early stage.

Too many, the interests
Too fickle, the ideology.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Slizbeat(m): 6:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
cramjones:

We are picking based on merit - Proven leadership qualities, ability to carry everyone along, no record of corruption! However, due to the nature and sensitivity of these elections, we would have to zone the slots to ensure victory. Remember that we are dealing with a party with the power of incumbency...

DONT DEAL WITH THE PARTY BASED ON WRESTING POWER(Of which you just confirmed by your post with the "incumbency" thing.) BUT BASED ON PROVIDING GOOD LEADERSHIP TO THE MASSES(Which I don't envisage APC is going to do)
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
@ochejoseph, i am not a fan of lai Mohammed and i believe the APC didn't play the obj letter game right. You need to understand that the opposition like it is around the world would never give the incumbent a smooth ride on any topic. Infact the APC is just getting into gear and the pdp is about to feel the heat.

On the national conference, it still remains what it is A SCAM. why are there no go areas of discussion?
Why is gej scared of a referendum?

Finally Obj is pdp property until he says otherwise.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Ayekotoo(m): 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
ochejoseph:

My brother go and ask Ribadu he will tell you the Story ,I Conceded NE and NW but SW voters are too sophisticated and cannot be easily cowed !
you meant having a credible westerner vice president as oppose sambo may not guaranty the votes for the southwest?

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by IleIfe2(m): 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
Bishop Juice:

Relegating yourself to second fiddle.

Now you can see how devoid of pragmatic nation building these APC goons are. They are merely digging the trenches deeper on ethnic and religious divides

You witless slug.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by jmoore(m): 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
Tales by moonlight.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
Op...If there is no source...then it means cramjones is FFK....
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by MissyDivah(f): 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
I hear my baby say I wanna be president I wan chop money from government ooooh be good ooo be good oooo if u walking in the market place don't throw stone life is all about promises all the time so u better rearrange ur philosophy....... #Singing in Asa's Voice#

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by TEAMGEJ: 7:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
There is no need taking his words serious, Ffk is an unseasonal failure that deserves no iota of attention. 2015 Would bring out who the people actually want and not the massive politics of exclusion going on in the southwest.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by aventura: 7:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
ilugunboy:

I was just about to say this before I saw what you wrote above.

The biggest mistake APC would make and hand over the trophy to PDP is to have a SE/SS on the Presidential ticket.

With SW...you are sure, with SE/SS...it's a throw in the dark.

To me....APC should even risk a Muslim/Muslim ticket than a SE / SS on the ticket.
Are you serious? Did you just type the above?

SW will vote for a lizard on the pres/vp ticket as long as it's from APC unlike other regions.

APC does not need to campaign in the SW to win an election.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by adonis89(m): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
APC abeg make una give FFK vice president make him body rest. Wat a tribalistic fellow.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by tellwisdom: 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
Fadi fayode, your desperation is becoming unbearable. What exactly do you want in life, bro?? sad

2 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by deshclones(m): 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
N1ggah spewing thrash like his mundane opinion counts...rubbish upon ingredients...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari / Saraki Goes Underground Following Police Invitation, Invasion / Gunmen Attack Ubakala Police Station In Abia, Kill Two Officers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.