Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,323 members, 7,954,300 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:19 PM

My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode (36576 Views)

Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? / APC Should Let Buhari Seek Medicare Abroad - Ayo Fayose / My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by kilmix: 12:04am On Jan 07, 2014
What about the IBOs? Is APC refering to dem as Minority?..

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Italiano1: 12:11am On Jan 07, 2014
patriotic007: APC will be extremely lucky to get a runoff,....you guys under estimate the power of incubency,....Not just an incubent but an incubent that has a large fan base and has an assurance of block votes from 3 geopolitical zones(MB,SE,SS) out of 6 in the country,....keep dreaming,....then wake up later to say elections where rigged

The power of incumbency is without a doubt important, however, I think that word is being used very loosely on NL- or more appropriately it is being misrepresented.

The incumbent party- PDP is in disarray! It has lost control of the lower house and there are signs that it will be the same for the Senate very soon. It has less governors than APC- that is tellingly significant

This is a new territory in Nigerian Politics!

2 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by jjcbuthot: 12:14am On Jan 07, 2014
funshint:
Mr man Buhari can NEVER win SW. He has a lot of blood on his hands. Buhari presidential ticket will be a bad market 4 APC..

And who will win SW? GEJ?

These Igbos dont know anything... they seem to be too naive.

2 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:16am On Jan 07, 2014
Aubrey1: Becos they are nt feeding 4rm the National Cake under GEJ reign........that's simply why they have ganged up against Him.

=== It's won't work===

- APC are all bunch of fools that thinks, they should rule Nigeria forever.

- The party member's will soon fight among themselfs.

- Boko Haram......is a strategy ahead of 2015, inorder to condemn GEJ

- They have rosed against GEJ because he's from a poor family background.

- Finally, GEJ has refused to succum to them, that's simply why those pathetic fools are making noises all over the country.

Whether you like it or not ---> GEJ till 2019

You poor donkey you...

Look at how "I-Am-Ill-Educated" is written all over you through your post.

All we're trying to do is make sure those coming behind you get quality education instead of the money meant to school them being transferred into foreign offshore account like was obviously done to you.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by boyt1: 12:25am On Jan 07, 2014
I just love the way and the tricks Tinubu , Buhari and co are shaping the APC leadership.
The message is now clear to SE/SS political sycophants like NGIGE, ROCHAS , AMAECHI and other follow-follow and 'oh yes members'
that they are all ghost politicians inside APC
The message is now clear that its not all about legitimate opposition, rather rebels trying by all means to install a hausa/yoruba candidate.
APC is sending a message of regional politics that may help divide the nation.

If GEJ a ND is hated just because he is not from the North, then other regions will celebrate him.
APC clear message is : 3 regional political parties, 1(NORTHERN PARTY) 2(SW PARTY) 3(SE/SS PARTY)
The way it is now, no igbo will vote for hausa, nor hausa will vote for igbo, no yoruba or igbo will vote for each other,
then make everybody answer their papa name.
Unknown to the igbos for years, the hausas have been very good at the policies of 'let only my people go' While the igbo were still hoping for a credible candidate for one nigeria.

The danger is the result we have today. The SE/SS will support GEJ at all cost.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by tribalist007: 1:38am On Jan 07, 2014
but y are ibos generally angry peopleyou hate the yorubas and northerners so much.....did ffk say he wanted 2 run as vp? the so called gej won d last election only because there was no worthy opposition,and i doubt if APC will make the same mistake twice,as for the pdp touts who keep making noise,2015 is nearby....by the way im ready for any pdp tout that cant spell "lose" that comes here to post rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 07, 2014
If some people had a scintilla of the kind of corruption that has gone on in GEJ's government, I don't think they will be saying "GEJ till 2019"! Just the share scale of monumental corruption that recently led a top New York banker to reveal to Ambassador John Campbell (former US ambassador to Nigeria) that there are at least 115 dollar billionaires in Nigeria. If only some had some of the insights we have on the Kind of corruption in this government. Voting for Jonathan is like voting for the destruction of Nigeria. ONLY if some knew, the share scale of corruption that even corrupt governors had to shout when they saw what was been stolen from the common wealth...ONLY if some knew....

APC is the best alternative for Nigeria...Death to PDP come 2015...GEJ will loose monumentally once we sort out our candidates rightly! I can assure you that...just watch and see.

4 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 2:22am On Jan 07, 2014
@cramjones: you mean that there are 115 Nigerians who are worth at least $115bn? shocked

Even if they each donate $50million, that will be $7.7bn which can be ploughed to infrastructure and education.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by MayorofLagos(m): 2:24am On Jan 07, 2014
kilmix: What about the IBOs? Is APC refering to dem as Minority?..

The Ibos are refusing to expand politically.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by MayorofLagos(m): 2:30am On Jan 07, 2014
Aubrey1: Becos they are nt feeding 4rm the National Cake under GEJ reign........that's simply why they have ganged up against Him.

=== It's won't work===

- APC are all bunch of fools that thinks, they should rule Nigeria forever.

- The party member's will soon fight among themselfs.

- Boko Haram......is a strategy ahead of 2015, inorder to condemn GEJ

- They have rosed against GEJ because he's from a poor family background.

- Finally, GEJ has refused to succum to them, that's simply why those pathetic fools are making noises all over the country.

Whether you like it or not ---> GEJ till 2019

Mods,

Im reporting this guy for knowingly and deliberately violating rule # 21.

Poster, I suggest you change name from Aubrey to Earthquake.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by tonychristopher: 2:35am On Jan 07, 2014
cramjones: MY STAND

The first challenge that the APC has is to build a formidable party that not only has a strong foundation and structure but also has a clear left of centre ideological leaning. Such a party must also be led by an impressive set of educated, articulate, clear thinking, historically-literate and courageous leaders who are ready to risk all, including their lives, to fight Jonathan and save Nigeria from the evil called the PDP.

The second challenge is for the party to identify and field a northern Presidential candidate that is acceptable to both northerners and southerners and to both christians and muslims from all over the country.

The third challenge is to identify and field a Vice Presidential candidate from the south west who can win the confidence, trust, minds, hearts and votes of the overwhelming majority of the yoruba people. If the south west does not provide the Vice Presidential candidate I fear that the APC may not win. The yoruba deserve no less and we must ensure that we are never marginalised or treated with contempt and levity again.

We put Jonathan there and he has betrayed us. We have not risked all, including our lives and liberty, turned our backs on him and resolved to fight him just to be left with nothing. The position of Senate President, Speaker of the House or anything else is not big enough for us and in any case they are fraught with uncertainties.

The yoruba must have the position of Vice President to make up for what they have suffered in the hands of others in the last five years and in return for the mammoth support that they will give the APC in 2015. Politics is a game of numbers. Yet let us make no mistake about it- if the APC candidate is a northerner his running mate must be a yoruba man.

If you want lasting stability, peace and equity in Nigeria that is the way to achieve it. Anything else will fail and will leave the door of victory wide open for Jonathan, his ijaw ethnic supremacists and their numerous friends and allies.

APC WON'T GO ANYWHERE

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by tonychristopher: 2:37am On Jan 07, 2014
cramjones: If some people had a scintilla of the kind of corruption that has gone on in GEJ's government, I don't think they will be saying "GEJ till 2019"! Just the share scale of monumental corruption that recently led a top New York banker to reveal to Ambassador John Campbell (former US ambassador to Nigeria) that there are at least 115 dollar billionaires in Nigeria. If only some had some of the insights we have on the Kind of corruption in this government. Voting for Jonathan is like voting for the destruction of Nigeria. ONLY if some knew, the share scale of corruption that even corrupt governors had to shout when they saw what was been stolen from the common wealth...ONLY if some knew....

APC is the best alternative for Nigeria...Death to PDP come 2015...GEJ will loose monumentally once we sort out our candidates rightly! I can assure you that...just watch and see.

so apc is the party of saints.....the devil you know

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 07, 2014
CFCfan: @cramjones: you mean that there are 115 Nigerians who are worth at least $115bn? shocked

Even if they each donate $50million, that will be $7.7bn which can be ploughed to infrastructure and education.

No, I meant there are at least 115 Nigerians worth at least $1bn. Confirmed. This has even been published, it is not more a secret. I won't mention their names, but obviously they have stolen the nation dry!
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by silentc(m): 2:48am On Jan 07, 2014
cramjones: If some people had a scintilla of the kind of corruption that has gone on in GEJ's government, I don't think they will be saying "GEJ till 2019"! Just the share scale of monumental corruption that recently led a top New York banker to reveal to Ambassador John Campbell (former US ambassador to Nigeria) that there are at least 115 dollar billionaires in Nigeria. If only some had some of the insights we have on the Kind of corruption in this government. Voting for Jonathan is like voting for the destruction of Nigeria. ONLY if some knew, the share scale of corruption that even corrupt governors had to shout when they saw what was been stolen from the common wealth...ONLY if some knew....

Cramjones (this is a direct conversation with you), you come across as an intelligent man (who knows, you might be FFK). But you cannot look me in the eye (virtual electronic eye cheesy ) and tell me that your facts and data which you clearly have shows GEJ corruption is the worst of all presidents. Please review the billionaires and money stoles made during the IBB, Abacha, Obasanjo etc era and share this data with us all.

I am not saying GEJ is better, my point is that I do not want you (a clearly intelligent man) to pretend that GEJ's corruption is your reason for your passion on this issue. It is surely something else far from patriotism or the love of Nigeria. So please be honest with us as some of us are just as smart as you are.

Some of us are disconnected from the matrix.....some of us are at the fringes of the normal distribution curve (bell curve)

2 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 3:07am On Jan 07, 2014
I am responding to you directly because you asked a very vital question. Yes, there have been corruption in all the governments you mentioned. However, GEJ came into power at the MOST prosperous time in Nigeria's history, he came in when Nigeria was exporting minimum of 2.5million barrels per day, with an international price of oil set by OPEC at its highest in the history of world. The money that have accrued in GEJ's government, no other leader, however long the ruled have seen it. At a minimum 2.5million X $100 minimum is $2.5bn per day. If you give the oil companies their 40% that comes to over $1.5billion daily. On the other hand in GEJ's watch a minimum of 300,000 barrels of oil are stolen daily. NEVER in Nigeria's history have we had such theft. This comes to about $300million daily going to a few individuals with state backing.

Now tell me, if Nigeria is really making all this money, is it justifiable for 112million people to live in poverty, or is it justifiable, saying we should leave GEJ because other governments were corrupt? I can tell you for a fact, NO PRESIDENT in the history of Nigeria, have gotten the kind of money GEJ has seen in his time as president. I will stop here.

2 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 3:07am On Jan 07, 2014
silentc:

Cramjones (this is a direct conversation with you), you come across as an intelligent man (who knows, you might be FFK). But you cannot look me in the eye (virtual electronic eye cheesy ) and tell me that your facts and data which you clearly have shows GEJ corruption is the worst of all presidents. Please review the billionaires and money stoles made during the IBB, Abacha, Obasanjo etc era and share this data with us all.

I am not saying GEJ is better, my point is that I do not want you (a clearly intelligent man) to pretend that GEJ's corruption is your reason for your passion on this issue. It is surely something else far from patriotism or the love of Nigeria. So please be honest with us as some of us are just as smart as you are.

Some of us are disconnected from the matrix.....some of us are at the fringes of the normal distribution curve (bell curve)

I am responding to you directly because you asked a very vital question. Yes, there have been corruption in all the governments you mentioned. However, GEJ came into power at the MOST prosperous time in Nigeria's history, he came in when Nigeria was exporting minimum of 2.5million barrels per day, with an international price of oil set by OPEC at its highest in the history of world. The money that have accrued in GEJ's government, no other leader, however long the ruled have seen it. At a minimum 2.5million X $100 minimum is $2.5bn per day. If you give the oil companies their 40% that comes to over $1.5billion daily. On the other hand in GEJ's watch a minimum of 300,000 barrels of oil are stolen daily. NEVER in Nigeria's history have we had such theft. This comes to about $300million daily going to a few individuals with state backing.

Now tell me, if Nigeria is really making all this money, is it justifiable for 112million people to live in poverty, or is it justifiable, saying we should leave GEJ because other governments were corrupt? I can tell you for a fact, NO PRESIDENT in the history of Nigeria, have gotten the kind of money GEJ has seen in his time as president. I will stop here.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 3:09am On Jan 07, 2014
Certainly, this man called GEJ is destroying Nigeria. The only kudos I can give him is that the super eagles suddenly became a pride again, I will only be fair to him in that regard. However, GEJ is destroying Nigeria and many unemployed and jobless youths here deem it fit to say "GEJ till 2019"! When the monumental scale of corruption have left them without jobs or any ray of hope for one. What a pity! APC will definitely win given a free and fair election. We will salvage Nigeria from the shackles of GEJ and his evil goons!

3 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by torino88(m): 3:31am On Jan 07, 2014
cramjones: MY STAND

The first challenge that the APC has is to build a formidable party that not only has a strong foundation and structure but also has a clear left of centre ideological leaning. Such a party must also be led by an impressive set of educated, articulate, clear thinking, historically-literate and courageous leaders who are ready to risk all, including their lives, to fight Jonathan and save Nigeria from the evil called the PDP.

The second challenge is for the party to identify and field a northern Presidential candidate that is acceptable to both northerners and southerners and to both christians and muslims from all over the country. I don't blame u hypocrite. U ones said in 2006 during ur ministerial screening by the senate for the post of aviation minister. u can die for obasanjo if the need arises. now u r no more in power u open ur mouth any how continue good luck

The third challenge is to identify and field a Vice Presidential candidate from the south west who can win the confidence, trust, minds, hearts and votes of the overwhelming majority of the yoruba people. If the south west does not provide the Vice Presidential candidate I fear that the APC may not win. The yoruba deserve no less and we must ensure that we are never marginalised or treated with contempt and levity again.

We put Jonathan there and he has betrayed us. We have not risked all, including our lives and liberty, turned our backs on him and resolved to fight him just to be left with nothing. The position of Senate President, Speaker of the House or anything else is not big enough for us and in any case they are fraught with uncertainties.

The yoruba must have the position of Vice President to make up for what they have suffered in the hands of others in the last five years and in return for the mammoth support that they will give the APC in 2015. Politics is a game of numbers. Yet let us make no mistake about it- if the APC candidate is a northerner his running mate must be a yoruba man.

If you want lasting stability, peace and equity in Nigeria that is the way to achieve it. Anything else will fail and will leave the door of victory wide open for Jonathan, his ijaw ethnic supremacists and their numerous friends and allies.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by silentc(m): 3:32am On Jan 07, 2014
cramjones:

Thank you for responding. I appreciate it. I am surely of the opinion that you are FFK as you did not respond in the typical manner i see here (with insults). While you have made valid points, I have to counter and say that the alleged money stolen is not for lack of wanting by previous governments. I do not believe that any other president in the past would have done different if they had the opportunity that GEJ has as per the details in terms of $1.5 billion a day. I honestly do not think any past and potential future president of Nigeria would not do the same.

As a matter of fact, I feel the reason why there is an uproar is because some people are upset as there is so much being stolen and they are not "getting a taste" so they form a group to oust the current thief.

I personally feel this whole discussion is a case of pot calling kettle black. I do not see any option (APC or PDP) solving our issues. It is sad, but this is how I feel. We have heard the same statements you have articulated in the past and nothing different happened when the new political party came into power. So why should it be different now?

I don't think one person can make a change in Nigeria. We need a group of people. A full wipe down from the top. It is surely hard to believe that APC with all the current and former corrupt politicians on its wings are the ones that can do that.

However, thanks for replying to me. I appreciate that.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by torino88(m): 3:35am On Jan 07, 2014
tribalist007: but y are ibos generally angry peopleyou hate the yorubas and northerners so much.....did ffk say he wanted 2 run as vp? the so called gej won d last election only because there was no worthy opposition,and i doubt if APC will make the same mistake twice,as for the pdp touts who keep making noise,2015 is nearby....by the way im ready for any pdp tout that cant spell "lose" that comes here to post rubbish.
if u know what igbos passed through in 1967-1970 in the hands of awolowo and gowon u will understand

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by darne(m): 3:53am On Jan 07, 2014
Here we go again !!!
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by goshen26: 4:06am On Jan 07, 2014
ochejoseph: Whoever they field will looose !

Its GEJ till 2019 , don't waste your time !!!
are you saying it with fact or with sentiment?
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by manmade(m): 4:06am On Jan 07, 2014
huptin: in other words, FFK wan become vice president. I dey laugh o
The guy is the obj representative in the APC
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by iconaus: 4:55am On Jan 07, 2014
boy t: I just love the way and the tricks Tinubu , Buhari and co are shaping the APC leadership.
The message is now clear to SE/SS political sycophants like NGIGE, ROCHAS , AMAECHI and other follow-follow and 'oh yes members'
that they are all ghost politicians inside APC
The message is now clear that its not all about legitimate opposition, rather rebels trying by all means to install a hausa/yoruba candidate.
APC is sending a message of regional politics that may help divide the nation.

If GEJ a ND is hated just because he is not from the North, then other regions will celebrate him.
APC clear message is : 3 regional political parties, 1(NORTHERN PARTY) 2(SW PARTY) 3(SE/SS PARTY)
The way it is now, no igbo will vote for hausa, nor hausa will vote for igbo, no yoruba or igbo will vote for each other,
then make everybody answer their papa name.
Unknown to the igbos for years, the hausas have been very good at the policies of 'let only my people go' While the igbo were still hoping for a credible candidate for one nigeria.

. The SE/SS will support GEJ at all cost.

well said - for a long time post war , igbos are getting right in politics and the APC move is what is going to divide nigeria for ever .

The danger is the result we have today
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by bimbor(m): 5:04am On Jan 07, 2014
ochejoseph:
Stop been politically naïve

1. One a muslim/muslim ticket was a success in yesterdays Nigeria, but the reality today is that a muslim Muslim ticket is a one way ticket to failure !

2. Buhari is a serial Looser and would still loose in 2015 his hands are stained with Blooood ,the Blood of all the innocent people his supporters maimed in cold Blood will keep speaking against him

3.Tinubu is a man who lives large on the sweat of the South west people , the last time I checked the Yoruba people are the most educated people in Nigeria ,and they have started asking questions about their IGR if Tinubu and his band of thieves fail to provide those answers the SW people will teach them a how to be humble in 2015 !!

I couldn't agree more!
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by delta92: 5:28am On Jan 07, 2014
Irrespective of the media propanganda against President Jonathan, GEJ is loved by ordinary nigerians on d street, he has achieved so much, contrary to what d media want us to belive that he is not working. GEJ all the way, u have our vote

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 5:40am On Jan 07, 2014
delta92: Irrespective of the media propanganda against President Jonathan, GEJ is loved by ordinary nigerians on d street, he has achieved so much, contrary to what d media want us to belive that he is not working. GEJ all the way, u have our vote

The talk of ignorance and brainwashing - the perception of Owerri does not equate to the perception of millions living in the north, whoes families have been destroyed by both Boko Haram and the Nigerian Military. It does not equate to the millions living in the South West that can feel their APC state governments working in their daily lives, despite the fact that the government at the center starves them of much needed funds for more development.

Finally, the perception of Aba, Onitcha and Bayelsa whoes population is only a pint to the teaming millions who hate GEJ in the SW and North cannot save GEJ from his coming failure. I will stop here, simply because your statement is just one of ignorance and false hope.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 07, 2014
fajoren: from today i unfollow.you completely lost me. review some of the great comments i've made regarding some of your posts. I had an impression you were a courageous person and leader of men. I started wondering about you when i read the story where your friend's wife wanted to f$ck you.I didn't see the purpose of such a post, except sublimal vanity.

Now you are venting Northerner this, yoruba that, and Ijaw what? I thought the 'down with PDP' war cry was to rid Nigeria of all these categorisations.
Its supposed to be a 'ONE NIGERIA' philosophy for who ever will lead this country in the future irrespective of their region, a president who will develop this whole Nigeria and take care of all Nigerians irrespective of what region. The presidency, the executive, their powers, their priviledges, the legislators, their powers, their priviledges, should be drastically reduced to render so unattractive to encourage service to the people. The judiciary, law enforcement agencies, their powers, their priviledges should be drastically increased to encourage intergrity.
Instruments set in place to check the judiciary and law enfocement.
Time frame for at least 12 years, Nigeria will stand up right within this duration.

Back to you FFK,after reading this your post i find out i have been following a bigot, and now i understand why many people hate you

You are right, we need to choose a leader based on merit, a person who will develop Nigeria irrespective of the region he/she comes from. However, if we must get such a leader we must make sure that such a person can win the elections. Remember if the best man we present can't win the elections, his potentials simply remains in the status quo. That said, to win presidential elections in Nigeria as it is constituted, you must be realistic on the strategy that would win elections for you. And one irreconcilable factor that you cannot afford to ignore in the politics of Nigeria today, is geo-regional politics. We MUST put this into consideration if we really need to WIN. That does not in itself equate to fielding an incompentent person. I can tell you for a fact we have VERY VERY competent individuals in these two regions that can lead Nigeria to where it supposed to be in the committee of nations.

Finally, you can choose to unfollow cramjones if you like, and you are free to call me a bigot. What I'll like you to remember is this: First, opinion does not equate to fact. And secondly, It is your free will, just like voting will be your free will if you so decide to vote in 2015. That said, remember that the vote you cast will make or break Nigeria. If you want the former which is to make Nigeria - Cast your vote for progress, cast your votes for APC!

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Validated: 6:32am On Jan 07, 2014
cramjones:

We are picking based on merit - Proven leadership qualities, ability to carry everyone along, no record of corruption! However, due to the nature and sensitivity of these elections, we would have to zone the slots to ensure victory. Remember that we are dealing with a party with the power of incumbency...

... the party with the power of incumbency in Nigeria is absolutely unbeatable in Nigeria of today. Maybe in 2019 when the incumbent is ready to leave.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by nku5: 6:37am On Jan 07, 2014
cramjones:

The talk of ignorance and brainwashing - the perception of Owerri does not equate to the perception of millions living in the north, whoes families have been destroyed by both Boko Haram and the Nigerian Military. It does not equate to the millions living in the South West that can feel their APC state governments working in their daily lives, despite the fact that the government at the center starves them of much needed funds for more development.

Mr ffk

1. Its obvious now that your anti-igbo articles and dirty comments over time have been with the sole aim of creating a division of Nigerians to categorise SE/SS people and play ethnic politics. To examine your post are you insinuating that GEJ has somehow developed "owerri" (SE) and harmed the north? Kindly explain what you mean. Thanks

2. I am genuinely interested in knowing how the FG is starving the SW of funds needed for development? Kindly break this down too.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 07, 2014
CFCfan:
You've got a valid point there. But the Yorubas and the Hausa-Fulani still make up a majority of the population in both the SW and NW respectively. Even at that, the "non-indigenes" in those zones are still likely to cast their vote for the APC.

The election is surely going to be fascinating. I can't remember the last time an incumbent Nigerian President has been so close to losing an election.
You should first remember when we started having free and fair elections. If this was OBJ or Yar Adua era, all this calculations and permutations wouldn't be necessary because results of elections are written even before the election is conducted. Change has come to Nigeria but the evil of the past, OBJ et al, are threatening a revenge. But they will fail. Good will always overcome evil. Fact!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Senator Isiaka Adeleke Buried Amid Tears (Photos) / INEC Suspends Dino Melaye Recall / 'Why I Left APC' - Yakubu Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.