Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,616 members, 7,958,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:06 AM

My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode (36605 Views)

Nigeria, Now A Research Field For Corruption? / APC Should Let Buhari Seek Medicare Abroad - Ayo Fayose / My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by GentleMimi: 7:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
Oya clap for urself.
I may not be vast in politics,but i know what u people are up to....even my little baby does.
You've succeeded in bribing some politicians to join ur political party wif certain ''benefits'' and splashed GEJ's name in the mud.You hv failed already even before thinking up the plan.GEJ is not arrogant,neither is he a fool.You peeps shld start celebrating ur failure in advance.Making a yoruba man the VP is a propaganda bound for the bin...utterly useless.let's watch and see u win when other ethnic groups are not in support of u.We are not fooled by the noise APC members make...bullsh*it!

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by jamace(m): 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
Cramjones exposes APC strategy to Nairalanders grin grin Does he want NLDERS to help him out? grin grin Cramjones and his Tower of Babel. grin grin
I dey laff o. grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Decibel: 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
k
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
In 2015....APC will win, all theses Ibo noisemakers will keep quiet and find their way into APC one after the other...that I'd not rocket science.

The Ijaws would realise how Ibos roll by then.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by sweetgala(m): 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
Very sad, what APC need to put up are individuals who are capable
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
Fani kayode has tribal instinct working in him .
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
sweet_gala: Very sad, what APC need to put up are individuals who are capable

APC won't put capable individuals that can't guarantee votes from their zones...it's a game of numbers

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Reference(m): 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
The South-South has produced the first President representing minority Nigeria, 3rd year into his tenure and people are speaking about Ijaw supremacy. Can you imagine. And what is the solution, Northern-Western alliance yet again. This has accounted for 95% of all legal and illegal presidential terms. You cannot solve our problems like this.

2 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by jmaine: 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
Lolz . . . . . We ain't surprised . . . . . .
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by TechWalker007: 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
cramjones: This is not about tribal politics, it is about strategies that would give APC the numbers. Once we produce a credible northerner, we will be sure to capture the north. And since we control the SW, the only logical thing to do is to produce a SW VP candidate. This is the only formular that can ensure our victory. At the moment FFK through funding from the APC is sponsoring a research in these regions including the SE/SS to see who among the potential candidates will be the most sellable to Nigerians. We are not going to field candidates based on our perception, we must know what the people real want, whatever will do will be purely evidence based. Not like the PDP that engage spirit mediums and babalawos.

At the bolded. You can't be this hypocritical.
After your write-up filled with tribal "arrangement" that has been since independence, you went on to type this?

In case you don't know what you have done, let me help you.
1. You clearly stated you are comfortable with the ideology of the born-to-rule folks up North even when they are the reason Nigeria is in this state. The entire Nigeria is weary of this but not you?
2. You clearly stated that Yoruba race is second fiddle to Hausa and other tribes are not important.
3. You implied that the votes from MB, SS, SE is not needed to win the election.
4. You showed how ignorant you are about the North. There is no "North" and it will never be again. Thanks to OBJ.
5. You claimed the fight is against GEJ and PDP but if my memories are true, your party has been courting with the same PDP, celebrating the PDP rebels including known incompetent governors defecting to your party. APC is probably going to field a presidential candidate from PDP. So which PDP are you fighting?

6 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by ratiken(m): 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo Tier, Agbameta, Abagworo, Ilugunboy, Ile-Ife, Obiagelli, Sloan, Kars****7, Cramjones, A.jeez etc
Why is it that any GEJ bashing post must coincide with these monikers? Why do your posts lack objectivity and tribal ridden?, why is it that any other random moniker opposes your posts? I won't be surprised if we have just about three humans behind all these monikers.

You guys have given GEJ more popularity than he deserves

4 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Italiano1: 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
nku5: Only in the Nigerian cesspit of today can a deranged drug addict on trial for billion naira corruption be applauded for ethnic jingoism.

I sure as hell do not want to be part of a country where the likes of that rodent called ffk has a voice. National conference don dey reach let everybody answer his papa's name

Quit the ad hominem attacks! Why don't you critique the contents of his submission rather than the name calling! This is becoming a common theme among PDP PPP agents on NL.

@ Topic

FFK is making a lot of sense here but I think there is still case for a Presidential or VP candidate from the SS .

Additionally, APC also has to take into cognizance the concerns of some Nigerians on the religious composition of the presidential and VP candidates.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by russellino: 7:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
Apc is truly a disease. Every foul creature has now become clean on account of being "progressives" and they aren't even ashamed to bother pretending that they have ideology. Nigerians need to be vigilant because these ppl will use everything possible to seize power. Whether bigotry, barefaced lies and rumours on social media, flash riots, sabotage or their favourite tool of reverse accusations of all thhe things that they are guilty of. When u have the founder of boko haram, abacha henchmen like Ikimi, ffk, tinubu the mysterious trillionaire etc you definitely need to watch out

3 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Raddie(m): 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sloan: In as much as their was a "gentleman" agreement for the Northern part of the country to be president and that didn't quite workout with Yaradua, I think fair is fair: that arrangement should be honoured! Tomorrow, it might be another person from a different part of the country that may be on the receiving end and then we will have the moral standing to tell whoever it is how whatever "imperfect" arrangement that operated (created by mostly the PDP elements) and favoured them in the past must then be allowed to favour whoever is on the seat or whose turn is it at that time. My only and most important consideration is that such a person be credible, patriotic, honest, possess very strong leadership skills, be a bridge builder and not an ethnic jingoist and ready to reach out to all parts of the country to build it only, not destroy it with narrow parochial and tribalist interests.

Democracy is a game of numbers, so follow the numbers! Where are the numbers? In the North and West (majorly)! From the foregoing position, the North should get a chance to present a credible candidate who they can be sure will be accepted to other parts of the country and who must be prepared, not another Yaradua or GEJ kind of president. Next, the West because of the strong leadership and vibrant administrative credentials of the Yorubas, you can see the list from immemorial and contemporary times: Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Tunde Idiagbon, Bola Tinubu, Raji Fashola, Rauf Aregbesola, Ibikunle Amosu, and the list is virtually endless! The West enjoys practically nothing from the central governments since the days of Obasanjo and YET, it is far ahead of every other region in economy, infrastructural, development, tourism, education, science and technology, commerce, etc! Also, the Westerners are by far the most gifted planners, thinkers and builders of people and politics! Since about 15 years ago, they've build AD (successful in 1999 with several positions but was killed by the Obasanjo PDP), then they rebuilt again with AC and then morphing into ACN and making so much progress on all fronts in the West and Edo State, and then going into a strategic political merger with other parties and in less than 1 year of registration, the APC has put PDP's over 15 years of party politics to flight and shame! Also the West are the most calm and cool-headed people you can be sure to use their good sense when their are potential problems that could cause a conflagration. Finally, for their leadership and tenacity in birthing the APC with CPC, ANPP, etc; they should definitely be on the joint ticket with a northern candidate. Together, they form about 70% of all votes that could be garnered at anytime in Nigeria.

Next, they must work very hard to gain the confidence (and not just that MUST DELIVER) of our brothers in the SS and SE. Even in a family, some children will be wayward and irresponsible or not on the same page but it's up to the more sensible to show the way forward. The candidates must work hard in states like Rivers, Kwara, Nassarawa, Kogi, Benue, Imo and Edo States (who are actually close cousins of the Yorubas) to gain more of their confidence and tell them exactly what they will do and I want them to get onto it as soon as they're in government. If they can show other states how the West is able to come up with consistently higher IGR numbers, which touch the lives of the people, the next campaigns will be much easier and they will not be like the present government that now hires thousands of commenters online and people to do PR to launder their image.

Finally, the first task of this pair of candidates is to DESTROY CORRUPTION before it DESTROYS the country and everybody in it. I hope they can succeed with good planning and flawless excellent execution of their plans!
Well thought out. Glad I read it.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by dayokanu(m): 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
This is about winning an election and the 2 candidates that gives the chance of winning are

Buhari and VP Fashola

APC should simply focus on their base and not care about what the opponent thinks

No need for any long consultations. Buhari and fashola are core APC guys not recent defectors and both have a cult like followership in their regions

Its now left for everyone in the APC to support them fully

4 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Onuokwu: 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
FFK...talking nonsense as usual.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Sobrit(m): 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mr FFK, u served willingly as minister during obj regime in the same PDP. What has now changed in ideology and all modus operandi of the PDP for worse that you now describe it and Jonathan as evil? This is one of those we taunt as d nations political elites. Nigerian politics and politians all without a pint a ideology. Apc is said to be a coalition of desperodoes. This is a fact indeed. I just pray God who alone can help the masses, who alone can scatter all d evil political equations of these evil men masquarading as saviours to stand up as usual for d masses.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by omusiliyu(m): 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
What will now be the fate of Amaechi that has been crying 'Northerner for 2015, Amaechi for Vice'
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by emmyoha87(m): 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
Why have the Yorubas always accepted to bitch behind the Hausas, that has always been their stance in critical moments.
He didn't even try not to be tribalistic, what a bitch!!!
For an initial supporter of APC I think they clearly have derailed & would lose with Swag!!!
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by TechWalker007: 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
cramjones: The PDP wants to hoodwink us into fielding a Northerner/SS or SE. We will not do that, even if the SE/SSner is competent an able. Why? Because we will loose if we do that.

"What does it profit a man to be the most competent from the SS/SE, but fails to win elections?" - Nothing. Therefore, while we in the APC considers merit, we must also balance it with geo-regional politics to ensure victory!

How can you say things like this and still have guts to tell us you are not about tribalism. You obviously have personality disorder. Maybe it's the drugs.

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by nduchucks: 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
My Pick

(1) Buhari/Fashola

(2) Kwakwanso/Fashola

I prefer option 1 because Buhari will get more votes in the North overall, than anyone else. Like it or not, he is a god like figure in the area. Fashola should also maximize the voted in the SW.

Okorocha, Amaechi, and Pat Utomi will prevent the kind of 99% SE/SS support PDP enjoyed in the last election.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by geeudy(f): 7:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
FreeGlobe: lol
GEJ too humble to a fault,jst keep calm and don't mind this noise makers.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by jmaine: 7:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
TechWalker007:

How can you say things like this and still have guts to tell us you are not about tribalism. You obviously have personality disorder. Maybe it's the drugs.

Lolz . . . . cheesy
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Obeyman: 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
We are watching, time shall tell. But I still dey laugh... FFK want us write a protest letter to God, mba nu!
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by nku5: 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
Italiano1:

Quit the ad hominem attacks! Why don't you critique the contents of his submission rather than the name calling! This is becoming a common theme among PDP PPP agents on NL.

@ Topic

FFK is making a lot of sense here but I think there is still case for a Presidential or VP candidate from the SS .

Additionally, APC also has to take into cognizance the concerns of some Nigerians on the religious composition of the presidential and VP candidates.

I don't bother offering any truly cerebral criticisms because the yoruba\pro-apc posters here don't ever reply sensibly. They jabber like a gang of baboons that discovered a treasure trove of bananas with lame accusations of either being a pdp member (like u just did) or on the take.

There are gaping holes in ffk's latest fart across cyberspace but the unscrupulous chichidodo bird (as he was described by wole soyinka) does not deserve any dignifying response. He is an empty man and total failure.

I can't wait for the national conference

2 Likes

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by silentc(m): 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
Reference: The South-South has produced the first President representing minority Nigeria, 3rd year into his tenure and people are speaking about Ijaw supremacy. Can you imagine. And what is the solution, Northern-Western alliance yet again. This has accounted for 95% of all legal and illegal presidential terms. You cannot solve our problems like this.

Thank you for this. As I was about to write the same thing. What Ijaw supremacy? Certain tribes feel they own the presidency of Nigeria. Northen president with a SW VP? LOL. Like they own Nigeria? It seems the Northerners and Yoruba's are upset that the SS have tasted power and want to hold onto it. Do they think the SS will sit back and watch? The SS produce the oil and want to take control of the resources. APC should wait until 2019 before even thinking of coming for the presidency.

Many people couldn't talk during the days of IBB or Abacha and now they seem to have found their voice.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by Reference(m): 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
Today we want a techocrat, tomorrow democrat, next day geographer. This is symptomatic of the vast majority of Nigeria, a ship drifting wherever the wind blows. No one knows how to move this country forward. Same ol, same ol.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by jjcbuthot: 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
ndu_chucks: My Pick

(1) Buhari/Fashola

(2) Kwakwanso/Fashola

I prefer option 1 because Buhari will get more votes in the North overall, than anyone else. Like it or not, he is a god like figure in the area. Fashola should also maximize the voted in the SW.

Okorocha, Amaechi, and Pat Utomi will prevent the kind of 99% SE/SS support PDP enjoyed in the last election.

I concur 100%
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by TechWalker007: 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
ndu_chucks: My Pick

(1) Buhari/Fashola

(2) Kwakwanso/Fashola

Let me help you make it clearer,
Hausa Muslim/Yoruba Muslim or Hausa Muslim/Yoruba Muslim.

And by the way, I don't envy Amaechi and Rochas right now.
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by eminikansoso(m): 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
cramjones: MY STAND

The first challenge that the APC has is to build a formidable party that not only has a strong foundation and structure but also has a clear left of centre ideological leaning. Such a party must also be led by an impressive set of educated, articulate, clear thinking, historically-literate and courageous leaders who are ready to risk all, including their lives, to fight Jonathan and save Nigeria from the evil called the PDP.

The second challenge is for the party to identify and field a northern Presidential candidate that is acceptable to both northerners and southerners and to both christians and muslims from all over the country.

The third challenge is to identify and field a Vice Presidential candidate from the south west who can win the confidence, trust, minds, hearts and votes of the overwhelming majority of the yoruba people. If the south west does not provide the Vice Presidential candidate I fear that the APC may not win. The yoruba deserve no less and we must ensure that we are never marginalised or treated with contempt and levity again.

We put Jonathan there and he has betrayed us. We have not risked all, including our lives and liberty, turned our backs on him and resolved to fight him just to be left with nothing. The position of Senate President, Speaker of the House or anything else is not big enough for us and in any case they are fraught with uncertainties.

The yoruba must have the position of Vice President to make up for what they have suffered in the hands of others in the last five years and in return for the mammoth support that they will give the APC in 2015. Politics is a game of numbers. Yet let us make no mistake about it- if the APC candidate is a northerner his running mate must be a yoruba man.

If you want lasting stability, peace and equity in Nigeria that is the way to achieve it. Anything else will fail and will leave the door of victory wide open for Jonathan, his ijaw ethnic supremacists and their numerous friends and allies.

And you Fani Fakayode For Vice President
Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by jjcbuthot: 7:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
TechWalker007:

Let me help you make it clearer,
Muslim/Muslim or Muslim/Muslim.

And by the way, I don't envy Amaechi and Rochas right now.

You are one of the problems of Nigeria. What has religion got to do with managing the nations resources?

In Ekiti state here in SW, both the gov and his deputy are xtians - has anybody complained? In Osun state during the the time of thr thief Oyinlola, himself and his deputy are xtians - who complained.

Dont let me begin to see xtianity is a clog in the wheel of progress in Nigeria. I know Igbos have been a clog and will remain a clog.

It is the constitution that protects our rights as xtians, muslims or traditional worshipers. Why are you afraid of who is the president and VP?

1 Like

Re: My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode by AK481(m): 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
ilugunboy: That is the surest bet for APC......

Locking down the NW...NE....SW zones and garnering impressive outcome in three states in the NC is as good as a done deal..

That surely won't lead to any run-off elections.

What of SE grin? Have you removed ur mind from them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist / Security Operative Searched Ikpeazu At The Airport / How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.