Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice (22232 Views)

These Means That God Don't Know That Prevention Is Better Than Cure / Reasons Why Men Of God Don't Preach This Part Of The Scripture (bible). / Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Gamine(f): 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2008
You stopped believeing`cos dere was no proof??. .

lol.

where is d proof that He doesnt
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by manmustwac(m): 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2008
Gamine:

You stopped believeing`because dere was no proof??. .

lol.

where is d proof that He doesnt
as far as am concerned he don't exist. Have u seen him before? Its been about 2000 years since he last visited planet Earth. Why can't he come down again to solve all these problems created by man? He's needed here
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Okijajuju1(m): 6:05pm On Aug 17, 2008
manmustwac:

as far as am concerned he don't exist. Have u seen him before? Its been about 2000 years since he last visited planet Earth. Why can't he come down again to solve all these problems created by man? He's needed here

Actually, he created everything including these problems. He created that tree that Adam and Eve ate remember.

@ Gamine

What are the proofs of his existence??
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by MadMax1(f): 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2008
Manmustwac, you can tell by the post that I do believe. A non-existent God is oddly harder for me accept than one who does exist. But there are questions questions questions, the darned questions. And you know,it's almost inevitable that at a period in one's life you stop accepting hand-me-down religious experiences and other people's definitions of God. And you desperately seek answers. Is why these posts have been so helpful.

And it doesn't help that most churches are so illiterate finding a balanced one is a nightmare.So I hardly ever go. I hate religion; its sounds and rites and rituals irritate me. So relentlessly repetitive, calculated to bore you to death so you make heaven that much sooner sooner, I guess.

And I've said plenty on Gamine's post about religious leaders who pass off their own prejudices and jaundiced views on life as religious doctrine. You are not going to believe what I am going to relate. A friend, on my case about my worrisome lack of church affiliation, invited me to a church once and I accepted. After the formal service the pastor's wife wanted to talk to all the women in the congregation. We gathered dutifully together. Then she began a dissertation about feminine sexuality. She let us know that it's unbiblical to have MouthAction with your husband, and proceeded to fish out verses that supposedly supported her odd theory! I kid you not!

And women in the audience ate it up before my incredulous eyes, nodding and jotting notes! I wondered what they were jotting down. I mean, do you see damage this one teaching will do to the women there? And they won't question it, because Mummy in Israel said it. And the woman isn't being vindictive or planning to have a horde of placard-carrying husbands outside the church office, she was teaching what she really believed! I don't want to imagine what else she's taught those women.

Apart from diverse doctrine there are deeper issues, like the questions asked, and it all makes me very very tired and very sad. I just need to understand what it is I do believe. I need to understand, and religious activity do not seem to help. Another reason why praying for my friend isn't do-able.

I hope I haven't offended sensitive sensibilities by mentioning the unmentionable above, but that's just to illustrate how dangerous religion and some churches can be, especially to someone who has issues with them.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Gamine(f): 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2008
Exactly.

If i entered a room and saw a glass on the table

and i asked "who brought it here"

one person says, it just appeared

another person says , Someone brought it.

Who am i likely to believe.

It is harder to imagine a world without a creator

a universe without an originator.

totally mind boggling.

The proofs of Gods Existence is so evident, look at yourself, i need not say more.

@Manmust, if you accept Jesus as Lord, you will know He is always with us

Every thing concerning this world and life as we should live it is in the bible!

no preacher can gimme any false doctrine if i study the word myself.

i know, because i have been a victim of MOG n their Doctrines.

Only the Spirit gives life.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Okijajuju1(m): 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2008
I have said it timelessly that we humans are so gullible.
Human existence did not start in Jerusalem, neither is it centered around Isreal.
Why is it so difficult for us to believe that there is no God??
Religion is an excuse for everything.
It's not unusual to hear the phrases "the fact that you are alive today is God", The air, the sun it's all God", are you kidding me??
Religion has painted a picture of a God that sees everything, Knows everything and is everywhere, Hmm!! How possible is that.
Religion has basically preyed on our Imaginations. Nobody has seen his face so you have no pictorial memories of him, his face is brighter than the sun, his voice is like thunder, the earth is his footstool, e.t.c. So your mind developes an obscure image of what he should look like.

The questions??
The questions abound, the answers are scarce.

Christianity, is nothing but a Jewish religion. The bible is a compilation of Isreals history, myths and fictions.

We have absolutely no evidence of any of the stories written in the bible. Adam created in a garden, reproduces and gives birth to 7 continents and over 2 billion people. Hmm!
We are all decendants of Noah!! Hmm.
Noah builds an ark capable of carrying a pair of all the animals in existence as at that time??
Where did he get the technology to build a ship of that magnitude?? Hmm!!
God created the world, why then did he choose the Isrealis to be his people. Isnt that racist?? Hmm!
How come the bible has no records of the Dinosaurs, wooly mammoths and sabre tooth tigers.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by manmustwac(m): 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2008
Gamine:

Exactly.

If i entered a room and saw a glass on the table

and i asked "who brought it here"

one person says, it just appeared

another person says , Someone brought it.

Who am i likely to believe.
Obviously you would believe the person that says someone brought it there {because it can't just appear there by magic}
Gamine:

It is harder to imagine a world without a creator

a universe without an originator.

totally mind boggling.

The proofs of Gods Existence is so evident, look at yourself, i need not say more.

As far as am concerned the world evolved through evolution. And i don't really know what you expect me to see when i look at myself because i don't see anything {apart from myself}
[@Manmust, if you accept Jesus as Lord, you will know He is always with us

Gamine:

Every thing concerning this world and life as we should live it is in the bible!

no preacher can gimme any false doctrine if i study the word myself.

i know, because i have been a victim of MOG n their Doctrines.

Only the Spirit gives life.

Gamine the bible dosen't explain the dinosaurs or Neandathal man which were around millions of years before Christ supposedly appeared?
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:19pm On Aug 17, 2008
I don't know if this will help your friend but here is the way I see it. Its not easy to live without believing in something, just as we africans had our own ways of defining God you have to realise that christianity was the way the jews define God so they easily fit into the role of his chosen people and that was evident even until the advent of Jesus Christ. Is there a spiritual dimension? For me yes there is but I like to look at it this way. If there is God he has created this planet and universe with certain laws, now the ability to discover how these laws work like gravity for instance which has no favourites, the rain, the sun all have no favourites and thats how a God should be and thats how I see him. Why is there suffering? For me its the consequences of what we do like Nigeria for instance until we are ready to take the bull by the horn nothing will change for us because thats how the planet was designed to work.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2008
Okija_juju:

I have said it timelessly that we humans are so gullible.
Human existence did not start in Jerusalem, neither is it centered around Isreal.
Why is it so difficult for us to believe that there is no God??
Religion is an excuse for everything.
It's not unusual to hear the phrases "the fact that you are alive today is God", The air, the sun it's all God", are you kidding me??
Religion has painted a picture of a God that sees everything, Knows everything and is everywhere, Hmm!! How possible is that.
Religion has basically preyed on our Imaginations. Nobody has seen his face so you have no pictorial memories of him, his face is brighter than the sun, his voice is like thunder, the earth is his footstool, e.t.c. So your mind developes an obscure image of what he should look like.

The questions??
The questions abound, the answers are scarce.

Christianity, is nothing but a Jewish religion. The bible is a compilation of Isreals history, myths and fictions.

We have absolutely no evidence of any of the stories written in the bible. Adam created in a garden, reproduces and gives birth to 7 continents and over 2 billion people. Hmm!
We are all decendants of Noah!! Hmm.
Noah builds an ark capable of carrying a pair of all the animals in existence as at that time??
Where did he get the technology to build a ship of that magnitude?? Hmm!!
God created the world, why then did he choose the Isrealis to be his people. Isnt that racist?? Hmm!
How come the bible has no records of the Dinosaurs, wooly mammoths and sabre tooth tigers.

i watched a documentary on the history channel yesterday tittled banned from the bible(part 1 and 2). pls try and lay your hands on it and watch it, it will give you a very very deep  insight and understanding of the history of christianity and the bible including the various divisions and sects we have to day. christianity is purely a myth and most of the history inside the book called the bible were taken from other histories and other myths and religions that predated judaism and christianity itself(eg the noahs ark, it was a stolen story from the mesopotanians and there are so many others). the documentary will give you an insight on not only christianity but islam as well. Mohammed and the founders of islam got their idea of christianity from some of the books that were banned from the bible, they used some of the ideas from the banned books of the bible to form their new religion and define christianity to their fellowers based on the stories of some of the banned books of the bible. its all a myth  pls watch the documentary if you can.

all religions were truly created out of the fear of the many and the cleverness of a few.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by madamkoko: 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2008
@ mazaje I saw this documentary as well and I was in awe.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by madamkoko: 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2008
Lucky to all those Nigerian pastors and thier followers who have been able to build thier empires from bullc#$Z%ck
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Gamine(f): 9:29pm On Aug 17, 2008
@Okija, i may not have the answers that you seek right now,

but if you choose to believe a sudden big bang gave you life

its your call.

@Manmust,

Exactly!, i would believe someone brought it in, which is God in case, when talking about the universe
not some magical random explosion, how can things go from chaos into form.

Evolution, just how come nothing seems to be evolving these days huh??
why did it suddenly stop?
if you came from monkeys, its your call, i did not.

The bible explains those dinosaurs, there was life on earth before man as we know him
and it was destroyed with water.
2 Peter 3 Vs 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

i lose nothing believing in God, Absolutely Nothing.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:34pm On Aug 17, 2008
Furthermore your friend might ask why do bad things happen to good people I would say because its natural, if the pope and I were on a cliff and I push him gravity was not designed to respect anyone and the shooting of pope john paul quickly comes to mind. Adolf hitler was responsible for the death of 6 million jews God's supposedly chosen people and he did nothing, simply put nature plays no favourites thats how I God if he is there somewhere is. Science has done a lot for us today and even if the religious always like to bludgeon it to death each time it comes up with something contrary but I put it to them today to examine the life you lived today and ask yourself what role science played. Now they came up with irrefutable evidence that the earth is 4.5 billion years old and religion dates it at only some thousands if nothing smells of foul play this alone stinks.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by madamkoko: 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2008

I won't even lie, I believe in God. I believe that God is real. I'm not an atheist.

BUT I do have any denomination. I believe church is nothing but a social institution

I do not give tithes, because I believe that there is no place in the bible that says that tithes HAVE TO BE MONETARY DONATIONS. I would rather give to the poor or to a charity, or volunteer my time to someone I know cannot pay me back.

Not going to church, makes me an outsider. Because I believe Nigerians have this illusion that if you go to church u're are automatically destined for heaven not my case.

I believe in God but not any concocted religious nonsense that turns mere humans into Gods.

I also believe the bible is a historical book written by man to tell a carefully moulded story.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by powderPink(f): 9:39pm On Aug 17, 2008
madamkoko:

I won't even lie, I believe in God. I believe that God is real. I'm not an atheist.

BUT I do have any denomination. I believe church is nothing but a social institution

I do not give tithes, because I believe that there is no place in the bible that says that tithes HAVE TO BE MONETARY DONATIONS. I would rather give to the poor or to a charity, or volunteer my time to someone I know cannot pay me back.

Not going to church, makes me an outsider. Because I believe Nigerians have this illusion that if you go to church u're are automatically destined for heaven not my case.

I believe in God but not any concocted religious nonsense that turns mere humans into Gods.

I also believe the bible is a historical book written by man to tell a carefully moulded story.

i could kiss u for this, well said i think exactly thesame way too
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2008
Gamine:

@Okija, i may not have the answers that you seek right now,

but if you choose to believe a sudden big bang gave you life

its your call.

@Manmust,

Exactly!, i would believe someone brought it in, which is God in case, when talking about the universe
not some magical random explosion, how can things go from chaos into form.

Evolution, just how come nothing seems to be evolving these days huh??
why did it suddenly stop?
if you came from monkeys, its your call, i did not.

The bible explains those dinosaurs, there was life on earth before man as we know him
and it was destroyed with water.
[b]2 Peter 3 Vs 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: [/b]

islam too talked about a pre adamite era better than christianity, so it proves nothing. infact the history of creation is far better explained in the koran than the bible but that still explains nothing. because it is full of vagueness and inconsistencies.

the bible does not explain anything about any dinosours, the writers do not know anything about the existance of dinosours so stop assuming and concluding. if they knew they would have written about it clearly.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Okijajuju1(m): 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2008
@ Gamine

I know you wouldnt, and dont worry dear, no christian seem to have it either. But they believe it anyways.  undecided     undecided      undecided

The Primordial Soup theory makes more sense to me than the theory of creation and the breathe of life.

If you want to believe that there is a God that watches you from heaven like Big brother,

Then by all means carry on dear.

The bible explained a phenomenon and grandiose as dinosaurs with 2 peter 3 vs 6 ?? how did peter come to the knowledge of this pre-creation world??

Did the bible tell us anything about the mental status of the authors of the bible. Cos they sound like a bunch of deranged lunatics to me.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2008
Yes watching history channel is a good way for him to get started. Dang! I missed it abeg mazi mazaje help me check your guide for when they will show it again the rain took out ma dstv regardless of the prayer warriors wey I get for this house.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by madamkoko: 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2008
Did the bible tell us anything about the mental status of the authors of the bible. Cos they sound like a bunch of deranged lunatics to me.

LOL!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Gamine(f): 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2008
You dont even want to do the Theories with me.

i had a project on it at school early this year.

i know the so called theories and seen them proved back and forth.

if it satisfies your thirst, your call.

Like i said, id rather believe a God put things in place than a magical explosion/expansion

which came out of no where, if there was indeed an explosion, it would have been caused by something.

its a pity they sound deranged, they would, a mad man thinks everything else is mad but him

@Mazaje, why so concerned about them dinosaurs
do you think you'd be here posting if they were alive?

@Madam,
i dont follow any "church"
my life is based on Christ's life.

When i see something detrimental to my life, i may just stop believing altogether
and prolly jump off a cliff, abi? whats the point of living to die
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Okijajuju1(m): 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Furthermore your friend might ask why do bad things happen to good people I would say because its natural, if the pope and I were on a cliff and I push him gravity was not designed to respect anyone and the shooting of pope john paul quickly comes to mind. [size=18pt]Adolf hitler was responsible for the death of 6 million jews God's supposedly chosen people and he did nothing, simply put nature plays no favourites [/size] thats how I God if he is there somewhere is. Science has done a lot for us today and even if the religious always like to bludgeon it to death each time it comes up with something contrary but I put it to them today to examine the life you lived today and ask yourself what role science played. Now they came up with irrefutable evidence that the earth is 4.5 billion years old and religion dates it at only some thousands if nothing smells of foul play this alone stinks.

My point exactly. But then

Luke 4:10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee.

So whats the job of the angels??
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by onyinye2(f): 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Furthermore your friend might ask why do bad things happen to good people I would say because its natural, if the pope and I were on a cliff and I push him gravity was not designed to respect anyone and the shooting of pope john paul quickly comes to mind. Adolf hitler was responsible for the death of 6 million jews God's supposedly chosen people and he did nothing, simply put nature plays no favourites thats how I God if he is there somewhere is. Science has done a lot for us today and even if the religious always like to bludgeon it to death each time it comes up with something contrary but I put it to them today to examine the life you lived today and ask yourself what role science played. Now they came up with irrefutable evidence that the earth is 4.5 billion years old and religion dates it at only some thousands if nothing smells of foul play this alone stinks.
Please elaborate and give a definition of "good people".
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Gamine(f): 9:56pm On Aug 17, 2008
God allows rain and sunshine on Everybody.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Okijajuju1(m): 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2008
Gamine:

God allows rain and sunshine on Everybody.

So whats the point??

Eternal life?? lol
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Gamine(f): 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2008
As long as we are on this earth.

It will be so.

The Christians life dosnt end here, infact its a whole new beginning with Death
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by manmustwac(m): 10:05pm On Aug 17, 2008
Gamine:

As long as we are on this earth.

It will be so.

The Christians life dosnt end here, infact its a whole new beginning with Death
Oh yeah and please tell me what happens after Death?
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Okijajuju1(m): 10:08pm On Aug 17, 2008
manmustwac:

Oh yeah and please tell me what happens after Death?

I too would love to know dear. What happens after death??
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Gamine(f): 10:09pm On Aug 17, 2008
Why dont you die and tell us. cheesy

The bible clearly states a life after death.

Death is of the physical body
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by manmustwac(m): 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2008
Gamine:

Why don't you die and tell us. cheesy

its you who believes in life atfer death not me. So u die and make sure u go with return ticket and come back with solid evidence to prove to me that there is life atfer death
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2008
Gamine:

Why don't you die and tell us. cheesy

The bible states that god paid the ultimate price to sin by dying on the cross for sin if god then has giving himself as scarifice for sin why then is there still sin in the world? if god has given himself as sacrifice then people would have gone back to the days of adam and eve in the garden of eden with all the goodies and sinless way of life. if god has sacrificed himself for sin then there will be no sin in the world peroid, because adam and eve lived in the world. or is your perfect sacrifice for sin everlasting life in heaven? if that is it then na you sabi because where and what is heaven? why must people have to die to get there? adam and eve were not living in hevean were they? if they were on earth then you biblical god's scarifice of himself has failed because sin still exist here on earth going by the biblical theory. why are you guys always talking about life after death when the bible doesnt talk about only that?
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Gamine(f): 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2008
Mazaje, my eyes are crying.

@Manmust,
My bible says It is appointed for a man to die once o!
so i cant help you dia.

Since you will just die and end up as grass,

why are you living? why not end your frustration now!

Atleast i have something to look forward to!
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2008
Good people in the context I used it means someone who don't deserve certain bad things to happen to them, I pointed out the 6 million jews what was their crime?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

"Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church / 92-Yr-Old Stops Her Attacker By Preaching To Him / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.