Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,530 members, 7,850,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (10336 Views)

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2008
Rampant, it doesnt seem you're even bothering to read the explanations everyone is posting, you just wave them aside and go back to your entrenched position.

rampant:

@david

you're still going back to square one,all that we have treated

if he was God why was he always praying to God?where have u seen God praying to jesus or himself in d bible?

why was he always telling people that hes doing the work of his father that sent him?

Why did Christ allow mortal man to crucify Him?
- Why did Christ allow Himself to be born of mortal flesh?
- Why did Christ speak to all in parables?

There are so many why's you can ask of the scriptures . . . it is not enough to keep asking why when the answers are right there in the bible.

rampant:

im saying this for the upteenth time,he is d root and pathway to get to his father,but he is not d father,before u get to God,what r your confessions?

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

rampant:

"i believe u sent your son to die for us"  or is it "God i believed u died for me"

My answer is in highlights.

rampant:

the bibloe recorded it that God himself asked who will go and save d world?everybeing kept quiet,until his son walked up to him ,knelt down  and said  "father send me,i will go"  that son of his ,is our pathway to righteousness but he is not God

Pls help me with this reference.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Pataki: 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

this will answer your question

pataki was lucifer an angel or the son of God?

christ himself was quoting my father,myfather in d bible,he always reverenced his father,d glory of his father he gave to him

lucifer wanted to be a God of his own,wt his own kingdom,whereby watever contract he has wt God will be annulled or canceld,christ never for one day asked for a kingdom of his own(atleast im yet to see it in d bible) and neither did he stop obeying his father

We seem to be drifting away from the point now. Jesus is the Son of God, we are both agreed on that.

God manifested himself in three dimensions, God the Father, God the Son (WORD), and God the Spirit.

If ordinary WATER can manifest itself in three different states of matter as solid, liquid and gas, what makes you think God cannot do much more? undecided

Back to the issue of Lucifer, he tried to equate himself to God, and he got punished and will still be punished for it. Jesus came onto the earth in human form, spoke of how he knows of the Father and he is the only way to get to the Father, and yet God never punished him for equating himself to the Father.

I really do not know where and why you are getting confused about Jesus being God. undecided
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2008
Olabowale kindly do us all a favour and leave this thread, pls. I certainly would hate to hit the "report to moderator" button.
Re: Is Jesus God? by MissyB1(m): 4:17pm On Aug 11, 2008
Olabowale
Tis very funny how you gather strength to talk wen d issue concerns christains and wen sm1 talks abt allah you want to strangle urself and you start threatening d person.

But jst to clear y'all i wil alwaz post:As for asking why JC prayed lemm'e give y'all the reply dat i never wanted to give out.

If Jesus was God, why did He pray?

The same question could be asked about Jesus eating, sleeping, crying and hurting. Jesus was fully God when He dwelt on earth. But, He was also fully man. One of His main purposes was to teach mankind how to live a godly life. The best way for Him to do that was to become one of us and to model a godly life for us to emulate.

He depended on His Father, longed for Him and sought His will each and every day. We are called to do the same things. Jesus not only was a man, but He took on the punishment for man’s sin. We see in His anguished cry from the cross that the greatest suffering He felt while paying for our sins was the separation He felt from God the Father. He cried, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" when He realized how sin separated Him from His Father.

You should follow the model of Christ by turning to the Lord in prayer over all things.
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2008
davidylan:

Rampant, it doesnt seem you're even bothering to read the explanations everyone is posting, you just wave them aside and go back to your entrenched position.

Why did Christ allow mortal man to crucify Him?
- Why did Christ allow Himself to be born of mortal flesh?
- Why did Christ speak to all in parables?

There are so many why's you can ask of the scriptures . . . it is not enough to keep asking why when the answers are right there in the bible.

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

My answer is in highlights.

Please help me with this reference.

we have been arguing here ,pple have been posting their own contributions,but nobody has forced his/her own opinion on anybody

that i choose to believe watever i want to believe ,does not mean im in any entrenched positon,its wat i choose to believe i believe

have a nice day
Re: Is Jesus God? by MrCrackles(m): 4:19pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

we have been arguing here ,people have been posting their own contributions,but nobody has forced his/her own opinion on anybody

that i choose to believe watever i want to believe ,does not mean im in any entrenched positon,its what i choose to believe i believe

have a nice day

sweet reply sweety! cheesy
Re: Is Jesus God? by MissyB1(m): 4:19pm On Aug 11, 2008
Pataki:

God manifested himself in three dimensions, God the Father, God the Son (WORD), and God the Spirit.

If ordinary WATER can manifest itself in three different states of matter as solid, liquid and gas, what makes you think God cannot do much more? undecided

Blessed Trinity  smiley
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

we have been arguing here ,people have been posting their own contributions,but nobody has forced his/her own opinion on anybody

that i choose to believe watever i want to believe ,does not mean im in any entrenched positon,its what i choose to believe i believe

have a nice day

Suddenly throwing a fit are we?  grin Have a nice day too . . .
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2008
Brash!:

sweet reply sweety! cheesy

thank u mi loff kiss kiss  i was enjoying d argument wt pataki and co

even pataki sef took it cool wt me,alongside queenisha,they never tried to force their opinions on me,just because i chose to believe what i believe ,smone is telling me that im in one entrenched position

where is pataki jooo,lets continue wt d argument grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by Pataki: 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2008
'Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone."

@ rampant,

I believe you raised concerns about this posts? My honest answer is that it bothers on Jesus showing us what humility is about. Even though he had power to call himself good, he wanted us to realize that every good and perfect gifts comes from the LORD.
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 4:27pm On Aug 11, 2008
Pataki:

We seem to be drifting away from the point now. Jesus is the Son of God, we are both agreed on that.

Back to the issue of Lucifer, he tried to equate himself to God, and he got punished and will still be punished for it. Jesus came onto the earth in human form, spoke of how he knows of the Father and he is the only way to get to the Father, and yet God never punished him for equating himself to the Father.

I really do not know where and why you are getting confused about Jesus being God. undecided
  you're missing d point pataki not me,jesus is d right hand of his father,God never punished him because he never disobeyed God,he was d one sent to save us,so y shouldnt he be d pathway to get to God?

one of d angels would have done it too,just because he was d one that made himself available and sacrificed himself for us,does not make him God
Re: Is Jesus God? by ba2undey(m): 4:28pm On Aug 11, 2008
@rampant
well i don't really mean any thing negative just trying to raise a point which is that God is not the father of JESUS and all that nothing more than that. embarassed
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

thank u mi loff kiss kiss  i was enjoying d argument wt pataki and co

even pataki sef took it cool wt me,alongside queenisha,they never tried to force their opinions on me,just because i chose to believe what i believe ,smone is telling me that im in one entrenched position

where is pataki jooo,lets continue wt d argument grin

Making that statement was not in any intended to force an opinion on you, i simply made an observation from reading the entire thread from begining to end. you NEVER at any point directly addressed the various explanations offered to you, rather going right back to your opinion at every response from you.

sorry if you cant take honest but frank opinion.

This is not an argument really but a huge farce - several instances were Christ DIRECTLY addressed Himself as THE FATHER have been put forward, there have been postings on verses where Christ and the other apostles clearly indicated that the FATHER, SON and the SPIRIT are ONE, you dismissed all that.

The bible is written in plain language . . . but it takes the Spirit to fully comprehend it. Its not a book that brooks varying opinions, it is either you understand it or you dont.
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 4:33pm On Aug 11, 2008
Pataki:

@ rampant,

I believe you raised concerns about this posts? My honest answer is that it bothers on Jesus showing us what humility is about. Even though he had power to call himself good, he wanted us to realize that every good and perfect gifts comes from the LORD.

see its not as if,i dont get y'all from ur own point of view,i do

but y on earth did he deny that word GOOD?yes he was man,but he was also wtout sin while on earth,yet he still claimed hes father is d good one

maybe angels too r wtout sin,but it doesnt mean dat they r Gods on their own

he was man on earth but no sin was found in him,so also r d angels of God(or is there r chapter in d bible talking about d sins of angles?)  even we sef wen everybody leaves d world(like we all have been hearing) if we end up in d bossom of our GOD,we will all be wtout sin,or no be so?

wen lucifer sinned he was cast down immediately,dat place is a place(heaven) of no sin,so him christ being wtout sin does not make him God
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2008
davidylan:

Making that statement was not in any intended to force an opinion on you, i simply made an observation from reading the entire thread from begining to end. you NEVER at any point directly addressed the various explanations offered to you, rather going right back to your opinion at every response from you.

sorry if you can't take honest but frank opinion.

This is not an argument really but a huge farce - several instances were Christ DIRECTLY addressed Himself as THE FATHER have been put forward, there have been postings on verses where Christ and the other apostles clearly indicated that the FATHER, SON and the SPIRIT are ONE, you dismissed all that.

The bible is written in plain language . . . but it takes the Spirit to fully comprehend it. Its not a book that brooks varying opinions, it is either you understand it or you don't.

and d fact that sm people c,laim to know it all,does not mean they should take theirselves as d only people that understands d bible,d bible is complex,d way u might understand urs might not be d way i understand mine,but its not reason enough to make it look as if others r reading d bible like a novel

nobody knows it all
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2008
@Pataki:

Ordinarily that singular thought from a Spirit God-head as Lucifer brought about his down-fall. Now Jesus Christ himself when he was here on earth said, he is the way, the truth and the life. No one can come unto the Father except through HIM. Jesus said, I and my Father are one.

Logically speaking, do you not think God should have done like-wise to Jesus as he did to Lucifer? (I need your answer to this question).

Your question is very logical. However, if i contribute using your own Bible, one will say that the condition of lucifer is peculiar, terrible because he was in heaven and was trying, really to undermine God. How, ever in the case of Jesus who had delared by his "why call me good verse, and others like Mark 12 verse 29' that he was not God, it is easy to understand that he was not a threat to God's authority.

Afterall, he was on earth, as a viceroy of god. he was a messenger, a prophet and everyone among the children of israel was called god or sons of god, anyhow. You can see that all his statement about being one with God is just in a humanly speaking only. Very esoteric. he condition is not like that of lucifer, hence there was no need for god to undermine him. I hav only used your bible to talk to you. My view as a muslim is different, but it is not my argument source here.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Pataki: 4:41pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

you're missing d point pataki not me,jesus is d right hand of his father,God never punished him because he never disobeyed God,he was d one sent to save us,so y shouldnt he be d pathway to get to God?

one of d angels would have done it too,just because he was d one that made himself available and sacrificed himself for us,does not make him God
Do you know that Christ has been showing himself to mankind right from the beginning of time? In the book of Genesis 28: 12, Jacob received the revelation of angels ascending and descending from the heavens through a ladder, who do you think the ladder was representing?

When Daniel and his friend were thrown in to the burning furnace, what did the King say about seeing a fourth person in their midst while the fire was still burning? Prophet Isaiah got the revelation of Christ even before he came to the earth. So how could one of the angels just have made themselves available?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 11, 2008
olabowale:

@Pataki:
Your question is very logical. However, if i contribute using your own Bible,

You spend too much time "contributing using our bible" . . . pls try and read the quran for once.
Thanks.

rampant:

and d fact that sm people c,laim to know it all,does not mean they should take theirselves as d only people that understands d bible,d bible is complex,d way u might understand urs might not be d way i understand mine,but its not reason enough to make it look as if others r reading d bible like a novel

nobody knows it all

Even the apostle Peter did not know much about the circumcision when it came to the gentiles how much more we who did not get the chance to work closely with Christ for 3 yrs.
We dont know it all, but the tiny we know we try as much to share it with those who are willing to take contrasting opinions without flying into a tantrum.
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2008
Pataki:

Do you know that Christ has been showing himself to mankind right from the beginning of time? In the book of Genesis 28: 12, Jacob received the revelation of angels ascending and descending from the heavens through a ladder, who do you think the ladder was representing?

When Daniel and his friend were thrown in to the burning furnace, what did the King say about seeing a fourth person in their midst while the fire was still burning? Prophet Isaiah got the revelation of Christ even before he came to the earth. So how could one of the angels just have made themselves available?

i tot a question was asked ------who will go and save my pple?

of course christ has been existing right from d beginning of time,----is he not d son of God?d right hand of GOD?

pataki u r not understanding me,yes i know of d fourth man in d burning furnace------sm pple say its God,while sm said it was christ

but r u telling me dat GOD CANNOT USE HIS ANGELS to save the three men in d fire?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Opslag(m): 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

nobody knows it all
hey rampant,i did'nt get any reply from you.aparently u bought my idea.i feel glad dt @ least i cud touch ur life uh!
Re: Is Jesus God? by Pataki: 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2008
olabowale:

@Pataki:
Your question is very logical. However, if i contribute using your own Bible, one will say that the condition of lucifer is peculiar, terrible because he was in heaven and was trying, really to undermine God. How, ever in the case of Jesus who had delared by his "why call me good verse, and others like Mark 12 verse 29' that he was not God, it is easy to understand that he was not a threat to God's authority.

Afterall, he was on earth, as a viceroy of god. he was a messenger, a prophet and everyone among the children of israel was called god or sons of god, anyhow. You can see that all his statement about being one with God is just in a humanly speaking only. Very esoteric. he condition is not like that of lucifer, hence there was no need for god to undermine him. I hav only used your bible to talk to you. My view as a muslim is different, but it is not my argument source here.
Given your proclivity for incessant back and forth arguments, I am really tempted not to reply you. However, I will oblige you this one request.

When Christ was crucified and he resurrected, Mary was the first to see Jesus, when he wanted to touch Christ, Jesus said unto her, I haven not yet ascended unto my Father. Would you say because he was in human form, he could not have been dealt with, even when he ascended unto God after his resurrection?

It was the same Jesus from heaven who appeared unto Saul, on his way to Damascus, and what did Saul ask from Jesus in Acts 9:4-16? undecided
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2008
Opslag:

hey rampant,i did'nt get any reply from you.aparently u bought my idea.i feel glad dt @ least i cud touch your life uh!

ok,hi,i dont really remember dis id?pls tell me ,who u r? smiley smiley
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2008
the bibloe recorded it that God himself asked who will go and save d world?everybeing kept quiet,until his son walked up to him ,knelt down and said "father send me,i will go" that son of his ,is our pathway to righteousness but he is not God

I've searched high and low and i'm tempted to come to the conclusion that no such thing exists in the bible. Willing to be proven wrong.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Pataki: 4:58pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

i tot a question was asked ------who will go and save my people?

of course christ has been existing right from d beginning of time,----is he not d son of God?d right hand of GOD?

pataki you're not understanding me,yes i know of d fourth man in d burning furnace------sm people say its God,while sm said it was christ

but r u telling me that GOD CANNOT USE HIS ANGELS to save the three men in d fire?
Daniel 3:25 -He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

What do you have to say? undecided
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 5:02pm On Aug 11, 2008
@Pataki:

@ rampant,

Pataki, you are reading meaning to what jesus said by your opinion that jesus have power. But more importantly, Jesus directed us to a God and Lord greater than him. Thats what you need to focus on, with the other verses where he prayed and begged and petitioned that Lord God.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Opslag(m): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

ok,hi,i don't really remember this id?please tell me ,who you're? smiley smiley
undecidedi'm opslag.i askd a que.earlier & u were quite hash in ur choice of words for a reply.remembr now?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Opslag(m): 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

ok,hi,i don't really remember this id?please tell me ,who you're? smiley smiley
undecidedi'm opslag.i askd a que.earlier & u were quite hash in ur choice of words for a reply.remembr now?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Pataki: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2008
olabowale:

@Pataki:
Pataki, you are reading meaning to what jesus said by your opinion that jesus have power. But more importantly, Jesus directed us to a God and Lord greater than him. Thats what you need to focus on, with the other verses where he prayed and begged and petitioned that Lord God.
My bible tells me at the mention of the name Jesus, every knee must bow and every tongue must confess that HE is Lord. The name of Jesus saves. What other power do I need? tesbiu? Anyways, I have obliged you for today sir.
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2008
@Pataki:

When Christ was crucified and he resurrected, Mary was the first to see Jesus, when he wanted to touch Christ, Jesus said unto her, I haven not yet ascended unto my Father. Would you say because he was in human form, he could not have been dealt with, even when he ascended unto God after his resurrection?

The word father or its usage is so common, since the bible declares the whole Jewish peoples as sons of god. They may as well have a father who they are is sons. And Jesus was a jew. We can not deny that he was also a prophet. And you do not know the condition of Jesus in heavens, right this minute, or do you. I know that I will be responding to your Paul's act statements.

It was the same Jesus from heaven who appeared unto Saul, on his way to Damascus, and what did Saul ask from Jesus in Acts 9:4-16?

Pataki, is it not surprisingly peculiar that saul will come to conclude that Jesus is lord/god by his saying what do you want me to do lord? He heard Jesus identifiying himself as jesus. Jesus did not say I am jesus, god or lord. But saul, jumped into conclusion that he now must be lor, god, when jesus himself did not say that to him. This should be what you should also think about.

My bible tells me at the mention of the name Jesus, every knee must bow and every tongue must confess that HE is Lord. The name of Jesus saves. What other power do I need? tesbiu? Anyways, I have obliged you for today sir.

You know about the predictions of bible above, are not being fulfilled, right? There are billions of knees and tongues that have not cared for it. Mine is one of them. And i do not even use tesbi'h. And my Islam, Alhamdulillah is not deficient because of it.
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2008
Pataki:

Daniel 3:25 -He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

What do you have to say? undecided

ah ah,pataki,nobody is denying d fact dat it was d son of God dat was in dat furnace  undecided undecided  my question was---does it mean dat God cant send his angels to go rescue them men?

thank God u said son of GOD,and not God,thats d big difference
Re: Is Jesus God? by rampant(f): 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2008
Opslag:

undecidedi'm opslag.i askd a que.earlier & u were quite hash in your choice of words for a reply.remembr now?

i dont remember u,afterall i reply alot of posts,u r going offtopic,stop derailing d thread

thank u
Re: Is Jesus God? by Pataki: 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2008
Pataki, is it not surprisingly peculiar that saul will come to conclude that Jesus is lord/god by his saying what do you want me to do lord? He heard Jesus identifiying himself as jesus. Jesus did not say I am jesus, god or lord. But saul, jumped into conclusion that he now must be lor, god, when jesus himself did not say that to him. This should be what you should also think about.

@ Olabowale,
Just because you get banned this minute on nairaland, who do you assume did it automatically? Your thinking assertions are very warped. undecided

@ rampant,
rampant:

ah ah,pataki,nobody is denying d fact that it was d son of God that was in that furnace undecided undecided my question was---does it mean that God can't send his angels to go rescue them men?

thank God u said son of GOD,and not God,thats d big difference
Angels have appeared even in the times of old from the bible to save mankind. My point is this, Christ has made himself manifest right from the times of old and that does not negate him to be God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Reasons You Should Be Thankful To God For Today / Will Everyone Watch Our Life History On Judgement Day / Does Satan Really Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.