Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,631 members, 7,851,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:47 PM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (10339 Views)

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by pilgrim1(f): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2008
@affee,

affee:

I believe that Jesus is GOD.
I don't have to argue with somebody that does not believe,no real christian should either.

Thank you yet again - those are words to be remembered. kiss
Re: Is Jesus God? by ayinba1(f): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2008
""God "severed (sic) part of himself, "your hand is part of your body" so your hand is you" (tell that to an amputee), Jesus is god, then jesus again then holy spirit/holy ghost" "end of discusson".

What happened to "Hear O Israel, the Lord, your God is ONE".

Oops that was meant for the Israeli, OR better still

God is three in one. This mathematics never ceases to amaze me 1+1+1 = 1 Trinity theorem.

A theorem that remains unproven, Watch them try, inconsistently and with no consensus though.

Yet, God is not one of confusion!
Re: Is Jesus God? by pilgrim1(f): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2008
@ayinba,

Trinity is not Tritheism. I've been there and used the same argument against Christians until I was converted and believed the prophets who have already declared that God is Father.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2008
ayinba1:

""God "severed (sic) part of himself, "your hand is part of your body" so your hand is you" (tell that to an amputee), Jesus is god, then jesus again then holy spirit/holy ghost" "end of discusson".

God is three in one. This mathematics never ceases to amaze me 1+1+1 = 1 Trinity theorem.

A theorem that remains unproven, Watch them try, inconsistently and with no consensus though.

hehehe this woman is so confused its not even funny.

Your father is also someone's son and also doubles as your mother's husband? Does that make him three different people?

Frizy, you make me laugh . . . continue reading the psalms of David . . . those words are meaningless to the unsaved. How can you be reading the words of a man who dared to call God FATHER and FRIEND? How rude to allah.
Re: Is Jesus God? by pilgrim1(f): 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2008
davidylan:

Your father is also someone's son and also doubles as your mother's husband? Does that make him three different people?

Hehehoho. .  David, you don come again O!  grin  Is that not the same thing as 1 + 1 + 1 = 3? How can the answer be = 1 again?Why you dey argue with tritheism nah?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2008
ayinba1:

but you still desperately claim the same "God" no? you forgot He belonged to the Israeli alone? By the way why are you claiming Jewish prophets? Why is Frizy reading books written by Jewish men, about a jewish God?

ayinba1:

It is a "theorem" to the muslim who must needs force the confusion where there is none since it is the only way to explain the confusion of a "god" who decietfully co-opts jewish prophets to embelish his fraud of a religion.
Trinity is not a theorem to the christian, it is an established fact.

ayinba1:

I'm also wondering too. How can Frizy's god send him torah, psalms and injils that he can't find? How can that same god tell him to read books that are already corrupted by the pen of the scribes?
And that same god is telling frizy to read the books of jews that mohammad prophesied would be destroyed before the end of the earth?
The same god tells frizy to read the psalms where David regarded his God as FATHER AND FRIEND?

Your god is not one of confusion at all!
Re: Is Jesus God? by Gamine(f): 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2008
lol
Re: Is Jesus God? by affee(f): 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2008
Thank God for the sanity I enjoy everyday. smiley cool

Una fit make person mad with all this talk grin

I believe, U believe not, na wa o. undecided

I am really grateful I discovered nairaland.

DONT STOP, DONT STOP
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK(ARGUEMENTS) grin wink
Re: Is Jesus God? by ayinba1(f): 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2008
Pilgrim,

I used to encounter a lot of people telling me (like you) how they converted to Xtianity from Islam. And they said it with pride (again like you since you always mention it ). Then one day, a learned person told me to look at it from the angle of someone losing his job and going about flaunting it. Since then, I've had less people tell me that cos I tell them, how I see it now.

I understand that you have chosen to go a certain path, but that does not make you an expert on Islam, ( I don't know what you did as a muslim, but you cannot claim perfection, then or even now). Your experiences can only be used as a yardstick on yourself and no one else.

Not an argument but a reasonable dialogue, A call to the truth is what muslims are enjoined to do.
Re: Is Jesus God? by ayinba1(f): 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2008
@David

I dey come, yet to read your post.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2008
ayinba1:

Pilgrim,

I used to encounter a lot of people telling me (like you) how they converted to Xtianity from Islam. And they said it with pride (again like you since you always mention it ). Then one day, a learned person told me to look at it from the angle of someone losing his job and going about flaunting it. Since then, I've had less people tell me that because I tell them, how I see it now.

I understand that you have chosen to go a certain path, but that does not make you an expert on Islam, ( I don't know what you did as a muslim, but you cannot claim perfection, then or even now). Your experiences can only be used as a yardstick on yourself and no one else.

Not an argument but a reasonable dialogue, A call to the truth is what muslims are enjoined to do.

good analogy, but one that is flawed and decietfully determined to see only one side of the coin. Leaving islam for christianity is like being sacked from a $10,000/yr job only to get a $250,000/yr job.
Would the individual be wrong to flaunt it? grin I would even call a party.
Re: Is Jesus God? by ayinba1(f): 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2008
davidylan:

hehehe this woman is so confused its not even funny.

Your father is also someone's son and also doubles as your mother's husband? Does that make him three different people?.

David, see how easily you tie yourself in twisted loops. Now read the above AGAIN.

Is this how you explain Trinity?

Keep laughing
Re: Is Jesus God? by ayinba1(f): 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2008
@David,

Yes, throw a party and knock yourself out. My analogy says "lost his/her job", not got a  new/better one,  Pretty

much became jobless. Remember it is my analogy!
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 20, 2008
ayinba1:

David, see how easily you tie yourself in twisted loops. Now read the above AGAIN.

Is this how you explain Trinity?

Keep laughing

Twisted loops? Which one? Seems you're stuck with your 1+1+1 = 3 theorem that you cant even explain, understandable as most of you just pick that up in ur mosque and continue repeating it like a broken record.
What my analogy simply explained was this - one person can effortlessly play different roles to different people.

God was Jehovah in the old testament
God came in the flesh as Jesus Christ.
The same God is back in us in the form of the Holy Ghost.

Same God, three different manifestations.

Just the same way your Dad was a son to his parents when he was 10yrs old
The same way your Dad grew up and became Father to you.
same way your Dad is a Husband to your mum.

Same Dad, different things to different people.

The unsaved, the blind and the hypocrite can NEVER/will forever pretend not to understand.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2008
ayinba1:

@David,

Yes, throw a party and knock yourself out. My analogy says "lost his/her job", not got a  new/better one,  Pretty

much became jobless. Remember it is my analogy!

Your analogy is flawed. The individual becomes jobless from your point of view but from a spiritual point of view the christian convert from islam simply got a better paying, more secure job. Too sad your myopic viewpoint prevents you from seeing the fact.

I notice you've been quiet about Gods, confusion and whether they belong to the jews alone or not eh? Typical muslim, forever making strange statements that expose even worse gaps in their theology. cheesy
Re: Is Jesus God? by ayinba1(f): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2008
David,

It’s because for too long, I expected too much from you. But tantrums are all I get from you. You really expect me to reply to everything you type? When half the time you are foaming at the sides of the mouth fuming?

No, I do not write just for the sake of it. Calm down and take it easy on yourself. Since you are so secure in your faith and find mine so funny, keep laughing. wink
Re: Is Jesus God? by ayinba1(f): 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2008
davidylan:

Twisted loops? Which one? Seems you're stuck with your 1+1+1 = 3 theorem that you can't even explain, understandable as most of you just pick that up in your mosque and continue repeating it like a broken record.
What my analogy simply explained was this - one person can effortlessly play different roles to different people.

The unsaved, the blind and the hypocrite can NEVER/will forever pretend not to understand.

Again, read what you just posted.

Your confusion knows no bounds.

I will not break it down for you, I hope your fellow brethren see your blunder.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2008
ayinba1:

David,

It’s because for too long, I expected too much from you. But tantrums are all I get from you. You really expect me to reply to everything you type? When half the time you are foaming at the sides of the mouth fuming?

No, I do not write just for the sake of it. Calm down and take it easy on yourself. Since you are so secure in your faith and find mine so funny, keep laughing. wink

i think this is a pathetic excuse really. there's no fuming from me evident in my posts so far, i'm calm as can be, enjoying your apparent confusion over a hearty breakfasy while i watch westham kill newcastle. There are no tantrums at all in my posts, rather measured, important questions that i expect a cerebral individual to chew over in quiet contemplation.

It would have been more noble if you had said (as i suspect) that you had no answers to the questions as to why your god seems to be even more confused.

If you were confident in your religion why would you spend your ramadam fast on a christian thread about Jesus?
Re: Is Jesus God? by ayinba1(f): 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2008
Jesus (AS), a prophet of ALLAH (yes, I'm happy to drum that into your skull), is definitely a concern of mine. I see you blaspheme and I come to correct you,

got it!
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2008
ayinba1:

Again, read what you just posted.

Your confusion knows no bounds.

I will not break it down for you, I hope your fellow brethren see your blunder.

funny muslims. First they bring up the trinity issue, you explain it to them in the simplest terms . . . rather than tell you why you're wrong they decietfully label you confused while claiming the oft used, tired, escapist routine (i will not break it down for you).  grin She cant break it down because beyond the 1+1+1=3 broken record, she really doesnt know any better.

The bible talks about the physical being a mirror image of the spirit, you cant understand God as FATHER until you've experienced fatherhood on your own . . . that is why i have used the analogy i did.

Too sad . . . a blind man can never tell what light is like, you can explain from now till the cows come home.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2008
ayinba1:

Jesus (AS), a prophet of ALLAH (yes, I'm happy to drum that into your skull), is definitely a concern of mine. I see you blaspheme and I come to correct you,

got it!

Isnt this so laughably funny? this claim is as hollow as a termite-infested log of baobab.
Premise - Jesus is a prophet of allah

Salient questions:
- why a jew? The same jews mohammad has prophesied for destruction? From the same Jewish lineage that allah turned to apes and pigs?
- Where are the injils of Jesus IN THE QURAN? Surely a mighty "prophet" such as he would have a space in the quran no?
- Since this Jesus is not the same one as is in the bible . . . where can we find the words and history of this strange Jesus?
- Why did this Jesus escape death?
- Why did Allah let this Jesus be born by a virgin? Allow the muslims to steal that one from the bible just for this once.
- Why are muslims NEVER outraged when this Jesus is insulted unlike Mohammad cartoons?
- This Jesus called God Father . . . just who was He addressing?

Muslims constantly tell us that christians blaspheme about Jesus . . . isnt it odd though that the only available words and history of Jesus come solely from the christians? Where is the muslim source to prove this charge of blasphemy?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Backslider(m): 5:54pm On Sep 20, 2008
Olabowale

I will give you proof that you are worshiping a revised form of The Golden Calf religion. The deceptive form of What true religion should be.

You bold a Calf (religion with the { Sweat, GOLD and MONEY}Blood of People: Notice Millions travel to Mecca Every Year) and then by share number they try to drown the Voice of God.

Look How Adam wanted to be in the Majority with Eve?

Keep Deceiving yourself and Allowing The Greatest Snake deceive you.

Like The Golden Calf It Needed Authority from The Word Of God (The Priest of God)

With our Bible we Dont need any Other book.  bible says it beareth Witness of it self. We have a High Priest THE MAN AND GOD In one Body how Blessed it will be to have him as your God.

Alas you can not have him as did Cain and you have written your evil Manuscript that begs for Authority everyday from the Bible you condemn what paradox.

Yes it is true when he says for eyes they have they cannot see.

I have told you if you can tell me which single Hadith is whole and needs no other one to authenticate you may have begun my conversion to Islam. However If Muslims read their Quran with devotion you will see that the Humanity in them will dissappear.

Your Law (Sharia) are that of the neanderthal age.
Re: Is Jesus God? by pilgrim1(f): 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2008
Backslider:

Lol, @Backslider . . it is not easy to hold oneself when passion drives us. But don't you think that slurring people's persuasions would not benefit the parties either way? Perhaps we can discuss with them instead of . . .?!? Blessings. smiley
Re: Is Jesus God? by pilgrim1(f): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2008
@ayinba1,

ayinba1:

Pilgrim,

I used to encounter a lot of people telling me (like you) how they converted to Xtianity from Islam. And they said it with pride (again like you since you always mention it ). Then one day, a learned person told me to look at it from the angle of someone losing his job and going about flaunting it. Since then, I've had less people tell me that because I tell them, how I see it now.

Lol, I no fit laugh finish. You would notice that I've avoided being drawn into the usual amusements of Muslims trying to enter a fruitless, roundabout and slippery arguments they often delight in. But perhaps davidylan's analogy is a fitting anecdote for your quote above. wink Besides, believing in Jesus Christ is not a "job" - and leaving Islam is not equatble to losing one's "job". Whoever gave you that analogy is a piece of a comic.

ayinba1:

I understand that you have chosen to go a certain path, but that does not make you an expert on Islam,

Hehe. . where have I ever tried to pass myself off as an expert on Islam? Please check well, maybe you read the wrong username! cheesy

ayinba1:

( I don't know what you did as a muslim, but you cannot claim perfection, then or even now).

Did you read me anywhere making such a claim? cheesy

ayinba1:

Your experiences can only be used as a yardstick on yourself and no one else.

Thank you - I have never confused my testimony for the experiences of another person. Or did you read otherwise?

ayinba1:

Okay, we have often tried to enter into dialogue with the muslim "staff" who delight in arguing. It is still left to be seen whether they understand that for what it truly is.

Cheers.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Backslider(m): 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2008
@Pilgrim1

You dont play with the Dragon. The Holy Ghost is the one that Convicts and Converts

Ours is to say what the bible says.

Since He wants to come here and convert. My work is to tell him what the bible calls his god.
If this is not the stand of the bible and anyone can show me I will withdraw.

Their Law is a Big problem for the Muslim nation
Re: Is Jesus God? by Backslider(m): 10:15pm On Sep 20, 2008
@ayinba

Yes your Analogy is right and David is wrong We are Jobless. With Christ we lost everything not just our Job. Now see we are Kings and queens heirs of Salvation we have Angels at our disposal When we Speak our Audience is with God The Father. The bible says we have even no need of Might.

We Loose all even our heart is lost a stoney heart is taken out and we have a heart of Flesh. This is what Pilgrim has Lost but in Christ she has gained all.

Have you seen a man with alot of load on his head picks a Taxi Cab and sits with the Load on his head?
Pilgrim1 Loads has been paid for She has lost all for Christ and she willingly did so if not she will not be Engaging her Old master in a battle.
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2008
And the Queen of one liners, is at it again. But thats beside the point.

@Backslider: « #213 on: Yesterday at 05:54:42 PM »

Olabowale

I will give you proof that you are worshiping a revised form of The Golden Calf religion. The deceptive form of What true religion should be.

You bold a Calf (religion with the { Sweat, GOLD and MONEY}Blood of People: Notice Millions travel to Mecca Every Year) and then by share number they try to drown the Voice of God.

Look How Adam wanted to be in the Majority with Eve?

Keep Deceiving yourself and Allowing The Greatest Snake deceive you.

Like The Golden Calf It Needed Authority from The Word Of God (The Priest of God)

And this is your "proof?" Ogbeni Oja! You are not serious. Surah baqarah is so named, in part becausr of this very golden calf! By the way, you as a christian have hanging on your neck, a form of golden calf, your idol the cross! This I do not have any form of! Please get with it, man.

With our Bible we Dont need any Other book. bible says it beareth Witness of it self. We have a High Priest THE MAN AND GOD In one Body how Blessed it will be to have him as your God.

Alas you can not have him as did Cain and you have written your evil Manuscript that begs for Authority everyday from the Bible you condemn what paradox.

Interestingly, between the meddly of verses frm Paul, and the eyewitness disciples and the "concortments of the inspired writers," its no wonder you have a man God! Did the Christian god the father ever worship the man god Jesus?

Yes it is true when he says for eyes they have they cannot see.

I have told you if you can tell me which single Hadith is whole and needs no other one to authenticate you may have begun my conversion to Islam. However If Muslims read their Quran with devotion you will see that the Humanity in them will dissappear.

How about the ahadith that says God is One without any partnership! How about the ahadith that God is the Creator of everything!

At least it is consistent. Not changing with time or the mere blow of the wind! Am satisfied with something that solid!
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2008
@Davidylan: « #212 on: Yesterday at 05:00:31 PM »

Isnt this so laughably funny? this claim is as hollow as a termite-infested log of baobab.
Premise - Jesus is a prophet of allah

Salient questions:
- why a jew? The same jews mohammad has prophesied for destruction? From the same Jewish lineage that allah turned to apes and pigs?

Why not? Jews are no more part of the creations of Allah? Wasn't the same Allah who destroyed the Egyptian Fir'awn and his military through the hand of Moses and his stick?! Come on man. He can turn evil people to what He wills. He is their Creator. Hello! Are you now going to argue with Him, about this in the day of Judgement?

- Where are the injils of Jesus IN THE QURAN? Surely a mighty "prophet" such as he would have a space in the quran no?

And you are too (two) lazy to open an english translation of the Qur'an and index Jesus? You will find his good news in their: Surah Saffat verse 6! The good news of the coming "Messenger," whose name is "Ahmad!"

- Since this Jesus is not the same one as is in the bible . . . where can we find the words and history of this strange Jesus?

In the Qur'an. Under Isa bin Mariam (Jesus son of Mary). In the ahadith and also The story of the Prophets (Section of Jesus)!

- Why did this Jesus escape death?

Allah did not allow the intention of the Jews to come to pass on Jesus. They wanted to humiliate his soul as it will be cursed. Allah did not want a prophet of His to have a cursed soul!

- Why did Allah let this Jesus be born by a virgin?

Sign that He can create what He wills. A sign of His Power to do as He wills!

Allow the muslims to steal that one from the bible just for this once.

You assumed rongly that we stole it from your Bible! Wrong. It simply shows that that bit in your Bible right, because the Qur'an the final criterion corroborate it!

- Why are muslims NEVER outraged when this Jesus is insulted unlike Mohammad cartoons?

It still part of what the muslims, as a nation of people have to grow bigger and stronger spine to do. Maybe they become timid especially that they are not in control, since you are the ones who have cluster bombs and all!

- This Jesus called God Father . . . just who was He addressing?

You people said he called god the father, father! Thats Christian concept! The God who is True has emphatically denied it! Deal with it.

Muslims constantly tell us that christians blaspheme about Jesus . . . isnt it odd though that the only available words and history of Jesus come solely from the christians? Where is the muslim source to prove this charge of blasphemy?

Read the Qur'an, man! Duuuuuh. It does not bite. Your questions are so lite. For real! Nigba wo ni iwo paddy yi ma pe mi. Mi o ni soo mo. This is the last time.
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2008
@Davidylan: « #205 on: Yesterday at 04:27:05 PM »

Twisted loops? Which one? Seems you're stuck with your 1+1+1 = 3 theorem that you can't even explain, understandable as most of you just pick that up in ur mosque and continue repeating it like a broken record.

And when Jesus, according to you died on the croos, then there is no escaping it that the three of them all died! Haa! You see how terrible your explanation is? YOu are easily floored by your own hypothesis!

And when that daddy dies off, notice that the 10 year old boy do not remain behind! He is dead, too. See what happened to your god? The olorisah of ijebu ode are better at explaining their idol that you are of your man god! Duuh.

The unsaved, the blind and the hypocrite can NEVER/will forever pretend not to understan

Can you possibly understand this, if the hindus have quitely explained their multi god heads to you? What a chance. You have multi god heads, too!
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2008
@Davidylan: « #211 on: Yesterday at 04:55:24 PM »

funny muslims. First they bring up the trinity issue, you explain it to them in the simplest terms . . . rather than tell you why you're wrong they decietfully label you confused while claiming the oft used, tired, escapist routine (i will not break it down for you). She can't break it down because beyond the 1+1+1=3 broken record, she really doesnt know any better.

Funny that the same word, "Trinity," does not have the chance of seing the light of day, in your Bible! And you are not even ashamed to bring bring this nonexisting word up?

The bible talks about the physical being a mirror image of the spirit, you can't understand God as FATHER until you've experienced fatherhood on your own . . . that is why i have used the analogy i did.

And you are not even a father! You trap yourself, big time. But its interesting to know, that if I ever met you I will wondering that if it is you, live or a mirror image! Oh boy, na wa for your explanation oh. This is weaker than a theorem. Its a mere hypothesis!

Too sad . . . a blind man can never tell what light is like, you can explain from now till the cows come home.

The cow came home from the pasture. They are already locked up i the barn! You seem to be missing in action.
Re: Is Jesus God? by ayinba1(f): 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2008
If backslider is a woman, she must be a pissed one. I recall backslider being an outcast even among the christians. Some hibernation!
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 21, 2008
alhaji, posting long epistles as usual? grin I cant make sense of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Does Satan Really Exist? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and Pastor Benny Hinn reaches out to India with prayers / Can Gospel Music Substitute Praying In The Morning??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.