Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,110 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? (4820 Views)

6 Assets That Makes A Man More Attracted To A Woman / Dont Give A Man More Than He Gives You. / Is It Wrong For A Woman To Love Her Man More Than He Loves Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by MrCrackles(m): 8:39am On Aug 28, 2008
misssexy u:

to start with, y should man b compared with GOD ALMIGHTY?hmm,

i wonder ooo!
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 28, 2008
Poster it’s wrong for a woman to love her B/F more than God, but it’s a pity that’s what most of us do. The moment you put the needs of your man before that of God, you are loving him more than God. So for all of us who go about committing fornication – we are taking our bodies (God’s temple), away from God and giving it to that no good guy.  For those of us who would rather spend that time with our Husbands than with God, we are loving him more than God.

We should be able to acknowledge God in our lives and love him above every other being. Why? Because God is love. And if we put our love in him, he’ll never disappoint us, he’ll never hurt us and he’ll never cheat on us. cheesy

Okija_juju:

@ Topic

Who is God??
Did he pay your bride price??
Impregnate you  (maybe through immaculate intercourse) ??
Does he put food on the table??
Does he pay the rent??
Does he put a roof over your head??
Does he take you out to dinner and make sweet love to you??

Who the heck is this God you are talking of??

What a useless question.

Dont be daft, this is not a place to display your folly. You can go start your own thead on you aetheistic views mumu like you
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by SOJ(m): 11:07am On Aug 28, 2008
Ujujoan:

Poster it’s wrong for a woman to love her B/F more than God, but it’s a pity that’s what most of us do. The moment you put the needs of your man before that of God, you are loving him more than God. So for all of us who go about committing fornication – we are taking our bodies (God’s temple), away from God and giving it to that no good guy.  For those of us who would rather spend that time with our Husbands than with God, we are loving him more than God.

We should be able to acknowledge God in our lives and love him above every other being. Why? Because God is love. And if we put our love in him, he’ll never disappoint us, he’ll never hurt us and he’ll never cheat on us. cheesy

Dont be daft, this is not a place to display your folly. You can go start your own thead on you aetheistic views mumu like you

i never read anything in this thread about a "no-good guy"
D truth is many of us don't know wat loving God implies,,,,how many even know wat love means,eh?
Dont get it twisted
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by SOJ(m): 11:13am On Aug 28, 2008
Dont get it twisted; they aren't one and d same: for example u love God so u worship him,,,but do u worship d man u love?
So get it straight when u say this cos loving a man like u and loving God fundamentally mean the same, but practically imply different things.

@okija-juju

well, there's really no sane way to answer ur idiocy;i really dont know wat to be more alarmed at: ur dementia or illiteracy
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by ula(f): 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2008
ask yourself that question?

should u love whoever more than God? angry
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by orisebawo(m): 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ Poster,

I believe the kind of love you have for a man is totally incomparable to the one you have for God,

I believe you cant Love God 100% and love your man 75%, Loving God is simply doing God's will and keeping his commandments,some of which is stated in  Ephesians - Chapter 5:22-24,33

22. Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.
23. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savoir.
24. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
33. , and the wife must respect her husband

If you love God you will love your husband but you might love your husband and not love God

Personally i believe it is either you love your man or not as love is not quantifiable
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2008
SOJ:

Dont get it twisted; they aren't one and d same: for example u love God so u worship him,,,but do u worship d man u love?
So get it straight when u say this because loving a man like u and loving God fundamentally mean the same, but practically imply different things.

Its not just about worship. Will you give up your husband/BF for God. Will you put God's needs in your life first before that of your spouse??
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by SOJ(m): 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2008
We are saying the same thing, my dear. U see when u love God it will reflect in d things u do;ur actions will show. I think dats d underlying msg in d bible. So is also love 4 man and kind;it will be followed by certain actions. Fundamentally, love implies d same thing, but when u wanto practice it (act) it comes out in different ways,,,,
but d truth is love for God and man are not mutually exclusive;u cant put any of them on scales and say this or that is best or not undecided

i better keep shut b4 my post goes to the religion board,,,LOL
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by Moyola(f): 12:26pm On Aug 28, 2008
How dare u compare d love u hv 4 ur creator to dat of ur hubby? angry
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2008
SOJ:

We are saying the same thing, my dear. You see when u love God it will reflect in d things u do;your actions will show. I think that is d underlying msg in d bible. So is also love 4 man and kind;it will be followed by certain actions. Fundamentally, love implies d same thing, but when u wanto practice it (act) it comes out in different ways,,,,
but d truth is love for God and man are not mutually exclusive;u can't put any of them on scales and say this or that is best or not undecided

i better keep shut before my post goes to the religion board,,,LOL

I see . . . But what about fornication. Does it mean you dont love God?? That you value your spouse more. Thats sth that a no no for God and a yes yes for your spouse.
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by realcele: 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2008
Yes, but remember vain is the help of a man and remember PS 118 v8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to trust in people. If you love someone you will trust them and if you do trust people of these days i bet you your in ,
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by SOJ(m): 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2008
Ujujoan:

I see . . . But what about fornication. Does it mean you don't love God?? That you value your spouse more. Thats sth that a no no for God and a yes yes for your spouse.

dats wat i mean,dorling. when u love God,there are some things u wouldn't do like fornication. Even if ur spouse says if u dont have sex wit him b4 marriage u dont love him then dats HIS own definition of love not what shuld be,,,,
Infact, if ur spouse really loves u, he/she wouldn't accept dat u do sometin u dont like to do;if loving God(and obeying God) means a lot to u then it means that if ur spouse loves u then they will respect ur decisions accordingly,,,,,
See, love for God and man are in some ways intertwined; the problem we have is dat most have a twisted definition of wat love really means,,,and dats awful!
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 28, 2008
SOJ:

that is what i mean,dorling. when u love God,there are some things u wouldn't do like fornication. Even if your spouse says if u don't have sex wit him before marriage u don't love him then that is HIS own definition of love not what shuld be,,,,
Infact, if your spouse really loves u, he/she wouldn't accept that u do sometin u don't like to do;if loving God(and obeying God) means a lot to u then it means that if your spouse loves u then they will respect your decisions accordingly,,,,,
See, love for God and man are in some ways intertwined; the problem we have is that most have a twisted definition of what love really means,,,and that is awful!

Does it mean I dont love God ? cry cry cry cry
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by SOJ(m): 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2008
Dat makes d two of us,sugar.

when u love someone,somtimes u dont do tins dey like but dat doesn't mean dat u dont love them;it means dat u r human and can fail them,,,,
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by walexm(m): 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2008
What sought of love is that to me my God has no rival
i cant say about you.
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by obyann(f): 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2008
My answer to this question is capital NO.
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by kachiside: 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2008
Na wah for this poster. Abeg no even talk of that one, compare your love of God and your B/F.
Don't you know you turn to God when things are not working. If you don't love God and there is a serious problem between you and the one you claim you love more than God, what are you going to do.

please Think Twice oooo
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by kellyvivs(f): 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2008
This is crazy? how can u be comparing God with man? God can never be compared with anytin in the world because he is omnipotent sad
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by Tunslike: 6:15pm On Aug 28, 2008
its so sad that we could rate, valued, quantify, qualify, compare, weighed, contrast, define GOD with ordinary sands, soul, skeletons and flesh(human), na wa oooooo shocked na so GOD don be for our mouth?

without GOD there is no you or ur damn husband/wife , abeg put small respect into am oooooo,

to hell with the husband, wife, relationship, love, marriage angry angry angry without HIM you are nothing,

sad embarassed
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by mybad: 10:09am On Aug 29, 2008
Are you a slave to your man?
Thats probably why you've asked such a question. grin
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by timbabng(m): 10:42am On Aug 29, 2008
Capital NO
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 29, 2008
Should a woman love her husband more than God?

Sometimes i think i can do it alone with God without the help of man, but God brings me to order, letting me know i can not do it all on my own without the people around me. So i have come to learn that the more a woman loves her husband, the more you love God, the less you love your husband, the less your love for God, for God himself is love. Imagine God telling the man to love his wife as his own flesh, with no feeling of hate, condemnation or jealousy whatsoever. This tells me there is nothing wrong with loving someone so much, because the more you love, the more you understand the different facets of God that he is, the more you get to understand who he really is, so a woman should go ahead and love her husband.Loving him is loving God and loving the person he made. It should never be confused with loving God. Afterall apostle paul said the married woman cares for the things that concerns her husband and how she can please him and yet God was not against it. so go ahead and love and forget about being on the receiving end.

Before i start sounding pastoric which i'm not, i rest my case.
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by Classigal(f): 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2008
No need for long tory, the answer is NO
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by osareimwen(f): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2008
i don kno, woman love her husband as she love God grin

Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by Pepeye(f): 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2008
What a silly question, which kind of comparison is that poster?
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by cgift(m): 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2008
That is why it is dangerous for a woman to marry an unbelieving man. The believing man wont have any problems with his wife being committed to God in as much as her love is felt strongly at home. If however she marries an unbelieving man, at some point, he would feel she is loosing her relevance because he probably does not share in her belief even if she is trying her best to please him. He will always have one or two things to discredit her except if he is liberal.

Religion also comes to play here as Christians and Muslims obviously have different views to marraige. The Generic Alhaji will likely not place the woman in the same level as a Generic Pastor for obvious reasons. For instance, while the Pastor theoretically is permitted to stay put with his wife even if she is a devil, the Alhaji (theoretically) is justified to "dispell" her for "treasonable reasons" like insulting his Prophet or demeaning his religion.

So, the Alhaji's wife has a stronger reason to love his Al'lah strongly, but the Pastor's wife is at liberty to choose how she loves.

I hope i have not touched a sore point?)
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by LadySho1: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2008
Hell 2 the NO!!!!
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by Scopium: 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2008
[size=13pt]Should you ask this question?[/size]
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by grandjedi(m): 11:53am On Sep 03, 2008
If that happens (ie she loves her guy more than God), then her guy has become her god.
But as has been pointed out , the love between a woman and a man is quite different from the love (worship, reverence, devotion) towards God.
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by vampire(m): 7:36am On Sep 04, 2008
no!@! it is unthinkable
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by KnowAll(m): 9:23am On Sep 05, 2008
I think some questions needs to be frown upon, becos anybody that sins against the holy spirit shall not be forgiven, I feel the anti-christ are at hand here, those who love God, continue the good work, those that dont I wish you all the best. But Hell is real, and you if you dont live right you will bear the consequence.
Re: Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? by ayobase(m): 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2008
There might be reason why he asked
one of this stupid question
that gains attention on Niaraland today!!

Maybe his gelfriend is cheating
on God by giving most
of her time to him!!!

So,he is confused if the
gel in question should love
him more than God!!!

He wouldnt wanna share God`s glory!!

Or wetin I yearn?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.. ..The Debate!! / What Exactly Do You Gain After Watching Po,rn?? / What Do You Call Men That Jump From One Woman To The Other?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.