Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:52 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290380 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by niyooo(m): 4:34pm On Apr 09, 2008
This has just gotta be our season. We have great players. WE can't keep being Liverpools' whipping boiz. I just feel it in my veins that it has to be this year. Up Blues.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Damose(m): 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2008
Not that we can't beat LIVERPOOL, is just that i don't know what is wrong.
Fine, they has fighting spirit when it comes to CPL, accepted.
ONE DAY ONE DAY ONE DAY ONE DAY i say ONE DAY we go break the jinx.
and i think the day hath come, and the day will be Wednesday April 23.
So shall it be.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2008
I'm not excited about the liverpool encounter. They have a lot of pedigree in this competition and have what it takes to go all the way.

We have exactly the same team they beat the last time . . . well only Anelka would be different. Now Essien is out of the first leg. I guess having a different manager may be a plus, well that's if the players really believe in him.

With a full squad and the right mentality, we should have a good game.

I hope Grant is already watching their games in the CL. We need a decisive win at home and they must not score. So extra defensive lessons with kuyt and torres in mind. Also we need to work on our defense of set pieces as they may bring on crouch at the later part of the game.

We need to score early and play it tight 4-5-1 Ballack, Lampard and Makalele/Obi.

Fast wingers - I would have called on SWP but Kalou is playing better than he is. We need fighters in all departments.

Talking too much, lets get your response on this guys.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 7:54am On Apr 10, 2008
hi 'peoples'. long time. I'm also not excited about meeting L'pool cos at Anfield during an european night, SHIT HAPPENS THERE. True we need fast wingers cos I still remember how 'not-to-fit'Robben disturbed these lads when we lost in a controversial manner at Anfield some years ago. when u dazzle d l'pool team with some fast runs, they become destabilized. the only thing is that u don't let them come into d game like milan did. i hope mr grant grants Joe Cole a first eleven shirt!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by itsolar: 8:34am On Apr 10, 2008
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppppp bbbbbbbbbbbbbblllllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 11:16am On Apr 10, 2008
@ nateevs,

See u in the UCL final in May.
Rafa Benitez will bottle it this time around. . . . . The 2nd leg will be at the Bridge and i think Liverpool would lose the plot simply because of that.
All y'all had to do is to go to Anfield and frustrate their gameplay . . . . .Give em a taste of their own medicine and go Gung-Ho at the Bridge.
UEFA has just handed y'all a Champions League FINAL ticket.
If i were u, i would be securing a Russian Visa this week. grin cheesy grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 11:27am On Apr 10, 2008
@Somze

Was it not the same chelsea that conceed like mad? embarassed
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2008
@Jackal

Not so quick. Even though I like to believe and see ourselves in the final, our team has become weaker in the Champions League- playing and non-playing staff. For this reason I like to take every match as it comes.

If you want to score Chelsea now, use set pieces that's it. Now Benitez knows this and when I see Hypia and Crouch my heart beats.

There are only two ways we can edge Liverpool out.

1. Score more than once at Anfield.
2. Conceed fewest goals possible.

Scoring twice away will put them under immense pressure home and away. This is not the time to paly fancy football. I want the two semi-finals to be as boring as it can be . . . bore spectators so much that they walk out of the stadium . . . route one football all the way, I don't care how we score and I don't care how we win. I just want a win.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 1:11pm On Apr 10, 2008
@ nateevs,

Chelsea will blow the Scousers away. The key to this game is to play a cohesive defensive unit.
It means Belletti/Ferreira-Terry-Carvalho and Cole. . . . . If Grant plays Essien as a RB or any other fuckery, u will pay the price.
Arsenal lost out playing Senderos in the centre of their defence and playing KOLO as a RB. . . .Wenger is a Arrow.
There's nuthing as priceless as UNDERSTANDING in the defence line. . . .

Y'all can go to Anfield and play your normal 4-5-1. . . . Frustrate the Scousers, make good use of the ball and nick a goal if u can.
Undernormal circumstances, the result of the 1st leg determines tyhe 2nd. . . . How i wish it was United having Liverpool in the Semis.
They are so easy to cage/handle if u have a very well blended defensive unit. . . Torres will fade out against Terry/Carvalho.
However, Grant must go Gung-Ho at the Bridge. . . .It is very important to outscore the Scousers in the 2nd leg.
If he tries to score a goal and defend. . . . Chelsea will bite the dust. grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2008
Chelsea Make Sensational Henry Approach

Chelsea have made tentative enquiries to see if they would have any chance of succeeding with a sensational summer bid to sign Thierry Henry from Barcelona, according to a report.

The Blues have followed the Frenchman's progress at Camp Nou and believe that he could be tempted back to the Premier League and London at the end of the season," Sport state.

Henry moved to the Catalan giants last summer and was ushered in as one of the players to bring back the glory days to the club mas he formed part of what the media called 'the Fantastic Four' alongside Ronaldinho, Lionel Messi and Samuel Eto'o.

Instead, he has looked out of sorts on the pitch and has stated that he misses his daughter, Téa, who still lives in London with her mother Claire Merry.

Coupled with that, Barça's tactic of short passing and the lack of space afforded to Henry in the left-wing role he has been stationed in have not enabled him to excel.

Whether the Blaugrana would even consider allowing him to leave having spent so long attempting to acquire him from Arsenal is questionable as his contract runs until 2011.

Henry's personal life is seen as they key factor, however, and if his desire to see his daughter more often outweighs his desire to stay in Barcelona, then Chelsea may be able to tempt him back to England.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=651140
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 3:20pm On Apr 10, 2008
Chelsea could take Manchester City's Andreas Isaksson or Thomas Sorensen of Aston Villa on emergency loan to cover their goalkeeping crisis (The Guardian).

Avram Grant is under pressure in Israel to stand down from management duties for the second leg of Chelsea's Champions League semi-final as it falls on Holocaust Memorial Day (The Times).

Rangers fans travelling to their game with Sporting Lisbon gave emergency medical help to Chelsea player Paulo Ferreira when he collapsed at Lisbon Airport (Daily Record).
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2008
Kenyon concedes Blues lack style

Kenyon has urged Chelsea fans to get behind Avram Grant

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has conceded that the club's style of play is not entertaining enough.

Kenyon praised manager Avram Grant for successfully guiding the Blues to a Champions League semi-final but still thinks the team are a work in progress.

"I don't think that it is where we want to be but everybody still wants to improve," he said.

When he replaced Jose Mourinho last September, Grant said he would aim to make the team more exciting to watch.

But Grant himself admitted after the quarter-final win over Fenerbahce that the result was what mattered most on Tuesday.

That victory secured a semi-final with Liverpool, at a time when the Blues are also only three points behind Premier League leaders Manchester United, with five games to play.

However, Grant has still failed to win over a section of Stamford Bridge fans while others have questioned his approach.

Nevertheless, Kenyon is adamant he should be backed.

"We are in the semi-final of the Champions League and we are right up there in the most competitive run-in of the Premier League that we have had for many years," said Kenyon.

"The crowd needs to get behind the team and that is as much Avram as anyone else.

"It has only been a fairly small element (who have been anti-Grant) and I'm sure we will see the crowd at Stamford Bridge behind the complete team."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7340105.stm
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2008
bluehorizo:

Chelsea could take Manchester City's Andreas Isaksson or Thomas Sorensen of Aston Villa on emergency loan to cover their goalkeeping crisis (The Guardian).

Tell me this is a joke. . .

bluehorizo:

Avram Grant is under pressure in Israel to stand down from management duties for the second leg of Chelsea's Champions League semi-final as it falls on Holocaust Memorial Day (The Times).

Tell me this is another joke. . . .
We don't even know he is on the bench. . Well we do you know. . . Crazy Subs!!!

bluehorizo:

Rangers fans travelling to their game with Sporting Lisbon gave emergency medical help to Chelsea player Paulo Ferreira when he collapsed at Lisbon Airport (Daily Record).

Yet another joke. . .
Collapse for what? He's not kicked a football in a while. . . . . and how in the world did he get to Lisbon? . . Last time I checked the season was not over. . .

Now Kenyon says we should back Grant. . even though he knows we are not playing fancy. . the reason he was there in the first place. . . I have tried not to call him the name I feel like. .

Meanwhile I don't know if anyone noticed but Terry stormed into the dressing after the match on Tuesday. . . I think something is wrong. . Maybe he had a bet with Grant that we won't win. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2008
Nateevs, Akola
We all know Kenyon is here for the money, so expect him to say just anything that seems fit at the moment. Isn't he the same person that was globe trotting last season in search of a new manager when we were in all four competitions?

We only have one Chelsea fan in upper management as the Chairman - Bruce Buck, but I don't know how much influence he wields.

Now even AG is admitting that winning is what matters, wonder if his owner friend heard that. I'm sure he would have winced uncomfortably in his sit.

Anyway I share your sentiments concerning the Pool game. We need to improve in our defense like i said earlier.

We concede too easily away and we are terrible at set pieces. We need to improved man marking concentration and well timed runs. I wonder if Grant watches previous games.

Do you notice we waste a lot of chances too. We need to efficiently take any scoring chance we have against a side like liverpool. Another area for consideration is the tactics to play - long balls, short passes, mixed, winged play or through the middle - an efficient switching of these as the need arises and the right subs may be the key in this hard fought tactical battle.

Anyway, I'll take the game as it comes, no over expectations.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 7:47pm On Apr 10, 2008
Chelsea Will Be Tougher Than Arsenal - Mascherano

Liverpool battler Javier Mascherano is expecting Chelsea will provide a sterner test than Arsenal as they bid to make yet another Champions League final.

The Reds managed to qualify for the semi-finals by the skin of their teeth, and have now set up their fourth European showdown against Chelsea in as many years.

"It will be very difficult against Chelsea and more difficult than playing Arsenal," declared the Argentine.

"It will be a big game for the supporters, the players, for everyone.

"I don't know if playing the second leg at Stamford Bridge will make a big difference.

"If we can score goals at Anfield in the first leg, then we will go to Stamford Bridge with half the job done.

"Chelsea are a strong team and they play the same way as us. They are a good team but we know we are a good team too."

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=654304
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2008
Cech Hoping Mask Will Aid Return

Peter Cech is hopeful that he can return to action for Chelsea soon by donning a protective face mask to go with his rugby cap after an accident left him requiring 50 stitches in a mouth wound.

The Blues' keeper was caught by team-mate Tal Ben Haim in training and had to have the injury to his mouth and jaw sewn up quickly, but he believes that it will not hinder his comeback.

"I hope I will be back in the goal soon. I will have to wait for what the doctor says. I cannot do anything right now, two days after the anaesthetic. The club said I should be back in two weeks, so we shall see. I believe it will be so," he said.

Cech did admit that if he was not a professional football player than the recovery time from such a bad injury would be an awful lot longer.

"If I were a normal patient, it could be like that. But as I have to play football, we are trying to find a way to protect the wound – to be back as soon as possible," he continued.

"My face is sewn, so we must find a way to protect it from tearing again. Once this problem is solved I will restart training. But how long it will take, I do not know."

The unfortunate Cech bears not grudge towards Ben Haim as he believes that the collision was a complete accident and happened in situation that is a daily routine in training.

"We were both trying to stop the goal," he said. "He wanted to kick the ball away and I dived for it at the same time. We hit each other and he tore my face – it was a coincidence.

"When we dived for the ball it was important the goal was not conceded. There are 50 such situations during every training session – it was simply bad luck.

"It is worse for me that after a long problem with my ankle I had restarted training and could finally play. This season has been awful as regards the injuries. I get rid of one, another comes.

"I spend all the day in the training centre, I try to regain fitness to be ready to return when something happens again. It is frustrating. I thought that I was over the worst, I had problems with my back, calf muscle, side, ligaments in the ankle and now this.

"But maybe I will have a break from injuries for some time now."
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 12:05am On Apr 11, 2008
@Blue horizo

Great job bro. . . keep the news coming. It brings life to this place. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 6:19am On Apr 11, 2008
kenyon can talk like a PR manager for all I care but the fact still remains that he doesn't have 100% endorsement of d fans. Moreover, he lost more'fans' after d carling cup. 5 games to go - what else can we do but to support this fairytale season? AG must go after ds season!!! BLUE RULES! OTHERS FOLLOW.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 6:57am On Apr 11, 2008
[center]Chelsea Attack Sky Amid Fixture Furore[/center]
Chelsea are furious following a decision to put back their clash against Newcastle United by two days for the purposes of Sky television coverage,

The two sides will now meet at St James Park on May 5, and will mean title rivals Manchester United get two days' more rest before their final game of the league campaign at Wigan.

This is not the first time this season that the Blues have been at odds with Rupert Murdoch' dynasty, as just two weeks ago their fixture against Everton was moved forward two days to Thursday, April 17 - another decision they were most displeased with.

It is Sky that has made the Premier League so lucrative and consequently successful, but such fixture wranglings are beginning to distress many a top manager, particularly with the fixture crowding of a modern-day season run-in for any side competing on two or more fronts.

A Chelsea statement regarding the decision said: "The decision has been taken by the Premier League and Sky Television.

"Chelsea would like to make it clear that we opposed this particular switch as it makes it difficult for our supporters to make reasonable travel arrangements, more so as this is a Bank Holiday."

A Premier League spokesman said: "There are numerous factors taken into account.

"We try to ensure as much notice is given to the fans as possible."

The chances of the fixtures being rescheduled yet again following the complaint are unlikely, as Avram Grant will have it all to do to manage his vast resources in the best way possible to cope with the succession of somewhat awkwardly timed crunch games

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=654837
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 7:38am On Apr 11, 2008
football is about d commercial gains so what can we do?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 7:54am On Apr 11, 2008
Aston Villa have issued a hands-off warning to Chelsea over England midfielder Gareth Barry. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea have, not for the first time, lined up a £20m move for Valencia's Spanish striker David Villa. (The Sun)

Spurs are interested in Chelsea midfielder Jack Cork, son of ex-Wimbledon striker Alan Cork. (Daily Mail)

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech has returned to training, less than a week after requiring 50 stitches in a facial wound after a training ground clash with Tal Ben Haim. (Daily Mail)

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck refused to confirm whether boss Avram Grant would be in charge of the club next season. (Various)
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2008
that cech is coming back is good news!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 4:34pm On Apr 11, 2008
[center]Cech is back on course for Liverpool as he returns to Chelsea training despite 50 stitches from horrific facial injury[/center]

Petr Cech has handed Chelsea a major boost by returning to training just four days after having 50 stitches in an horrific facial wound.

The Czech international keeper, who sustained cuts to his face after accidentally colliding with defender Tal Ben Haim in training on Sunday, believes he is on course to play against Liverpool in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final on 22 April.

It was feared Cech would miss the rest of the season after having surgery within hours of suffering the injury, yet was already back at the club's training ground yesterday to take part in a one-to-one session with goalkeeping coach Christophe Lollichon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=558890&in_page_id=1779
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2008
now we can feel safer. what do u gguys think about sunday
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2008
I am glad that he can come out from injury as i have my doubts on Hilario. I was so nervous when we lost Cud and Hilario had to come in against Fernaberche until the final whistle. I can see the CL finals!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 12:48am On Apr 12, 2008
I can't see the finals . . . Can you guys teach me aw you do that? I'd love to see it as well!!!!

I can only see Liverpool home and away. . . after that, maybe. I think it will be very safe not be too optimistic. Liverpool is in no way a push-over. So even thought we believe as fans, there are times we need to respet the matches we are going into and watch us win them rather looking past the matches. . My candid opinion.

I am very glad Cech is back. .
good work blue horizo. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ituen(m): 2:23am On Apr 12, 2008
i have always said it.

I'm not sure of the EPL but chelsea will be CL carriers this yr
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:26am On Apr 12, 2008
Nateevs,
Look at the calibre of fans that claim to be prophets now.

Where have they been all this while when things looked dim?

Liverpool has the best record in the Champions League (looking at the last five years) and they showed that pedigree again against Arsenal.

I look to hope in my team but if any team has what it takes to clinch this title it is either Man Utd or Liverpool.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 9:58am On Apr 12, 2008
at anfield, shit happens. D 2nwd leg isd determinant
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:30am On Apr 12, 2008
@Somze,

somze:

Nateevs,

Look at the calibre of fans that claim to be prophets now.
Where have they been all this while when things looked dim?

I asked myself the same question u know. . . but it's all good anyway. Everyone that likes to come in. . . feel free. . what I just don't like is to see a few of us to come here once every two weeks just to say "UP BLUES" , "BLUES 4 LIFE" or "THE SKY IS BLUE" . . . that's it? And ?

I am not saying visit the forum every minute of the day. . but even if the frequency you can accomodate is once a month . . . give us something to remember. . . let us look forward to seeing you again. . Some of us don't visit the forum everytime but when they do come they contribute positively. . .

You can teach passion . . . it's what you want to do. . . if it's not there. . it's not there! Let's have something guys. . .

@Mustay,

Actually I think we should try as much as possible to make qualifying difficult for Liverpool from the first leg. . I do not have the belief that they can't beat us at home. . They can . .
I can't wait for those days. . . Meanwhile if anything will gladen my heart 2morrow, it's for Arsenal to beat ManU by some miracle if that's what you want to call it. . We play Wigan on Monday and I hope we can get max pts from that . . If they lose we can be on level pts by Monday. . . into the showdown at SB. .

I can't wait !!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:37am On Apr 12, 2008
I can't believe this. . . How do we expect to want players to sign for us. . with Mr Grant!!!

The only way we can attract these players is to win the champions league. Nothing less!!! Now Modric prefers Liverpool. . na wa oooo

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2008/04/11/liverpool-look-to-bid-for-15m-dream-signing-this-guy-is-damn-good/6513.html
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 2:29pm On Apr 12, 2008
Pay more . . . $$$ grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.