Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,806 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (288557 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2008
@ SOMZE,

i totally agree with you on that, the news only is only meant to create a discord among the players
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2008
It totally makes sense from that angle, who would criticize a player even before he has kicked a ball in the year? Makes no sense.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 11:27pm On Apr 07, 2008
Who among them has the right to question Drogba's performance?

Was it the "committed" one who desert Chelsea at the point of need for a major operation in Germany without permission from chelsea?

Drogba carried Chelsea to success last year even with injuries.

He has every right to go to wherever he pleases.

I remember Fabregas once said that Once wenger is off, he himself will leave Arsenal.

Players knows the reason why they play for teams NOT NECESSARILY BECAUSE OF THE CLUB.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 1:51am On Apr 08, 2008
I don't take this as serious at all, like I stated earlier.

Too many parts are just missing or baseless.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 4:50pm On Apr 08, 2008
Didn't you guys see Cech remonstrating with Drogba in the Carling Cup final?

The Times are reporting today that Grant is angry with Didier Drogbas performance in Instanbul and his poor performances over the last few months. The head coach accused Drogba of playing for himself and not the team. I can't be bothered to provide link. Find it yourself. I read it on hard copy.

Any observer will notice that Drogbas selfish performances started in February of 2007, not even 2008. Anyway, forget this Drogba issue. He is gone.

Anyway, what do you guys reckon of the match tonight?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2008
Drogba is one of the best strikers in the premiership. Look at some stats I got from another forum -

Name Didier Drogba
Team Chelsea
Total Appearances 16
Starts 14
Substituted 4
Total Minutes Played 1278
Avg Minutes Played Per Start 91.29
Goals 8
Avg Goal Mins When Starting 26.6
Avg Mins Played/Goal Scored 160
Goals Scored As Sub 0

Compared against say, The top scoring striker in the league:

Name Manuel Adebayor
Team Arsenal
Total Appearances 30
Starts 28
Substituted 6
Total Minutes Played 2513
Avg Minutes Played Per Start 89.75
Goals 19
Avg Goal Mins When Starting 30.6
Avg Mins Played/Goal Scored 132
Goals Scored As Sub 1

Let's go the whole hog,

Name Cristiano Ronaldo
Team Manchester United
Total Appearances 28
Starts 26
Substituted 3
Total Minutes Played 2302
Avg Minutes Played Per Start 88.54
Goals 26
Avg Goal Mins When Starting 49.4
Avg Mins Played/Goal Scored 89
Goals Scored As Sub 0

The stats hold up.
On League goals per minute Drogba beats Ronaldo AND Adebayor.

I also reckon he's doing okay on the assists front as well.
Oh I'd also bet he's got more 'in his own box' clearances than any Forward too.

Drogba isn't just about goals, but if he was he'd be good enough for any team in any league

IMHO.
Personally I wouldn't look at replacing him just yet.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by 4Play(m): 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2008
somze:

Drogba is one of the best strikers in the premiership. Look at some stats I got from another forum -

Name Didier Drogba
Team Chelsea
Total Appearances 16
Starts 14
Substituted 4
Total Minutes Played 1278
Avg Minutes Played Per Start 91.29
Goals 8
Avg Goal Mins When Starting 26.6
Avg Mins Played/Goal Scored 160
Goals Scored As Sub 0

Compared against say, The top scoring striker in the league:

Name Manuel Adebayor
Team Arsenal
Total Appearances 30
Starts 28
Substituted 6
Total Minutes Played 2513
Avg Minutes Played Per Start 89.75
Goals 19
Avg Goal Mins When Starting 30.6
Avg Mins Played/Goal Scored 132
Goals Scored As Sub 1

Let's go the whole hog,

Name Cristiano Ronaldo
Team Manchester United
Total Appearances 28
Starts 26
Substituted 3
Total Minutes Played 2302
Avg Minutes Played Per Start 88.54
Goals 26
Avg Goal Mins When Starting 49.4
Avg Mins Played/Goal Scored 89
Goals Scored As Sub 0

The stats hold up.
On League goals per minute Drogba beats Ronaldo AND Adebayor.

I also reckon he's doing okay on the assists front as well.
Oh I'd also bet he's got more 'in his own box' clearances than any Forward too.

Drogba isn't just about goals, but if he was he'd be good enough for any team in any league

IMHO.
Personally I wouldn't look at replacing him just yet.

Seriously,how does the data support the conclusion?For Ronaldo it states:Average mins played/goals=89mins.For Drogba,average mins played/goals=160mins.Presumably,Ronaldo scores a goal every 89 mins while Drogba scores every 160mins.

That is hardly surprising given that Drogba has scored 8 goals in 16 appearances while Ronaldo has 26 goals in 28 appearances. Drogba's record even pales in comparison with Adebayor.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:36pm On Apr 08, 2008
4play
14 starts, injuries (for about more than a month), absence due to ACN, loss of mentor etc . . . put those into consideration and you'd get to understand those stats.

Adebayor and Ronaldo are this season's best strikers and Drogba who they've both doubled in appearances can be compared to them even using average minutes played per goals.

Get it?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2008
somze:

4play
14 starts, injuries (for about more than a month), absence due to ACN, loss of mentor etc . . . put those into consideration and you'd get to understand those stats.

Adebayor and Ronaldo are this season's best strikers and Drogba who they've both doubled in appearances can be compared to them even using average minutes played per goals.

Get it?

@ Somze

As for the highlighted quote above: Wetin concern Agbero with overload? grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2008
grin grin
It is obvious that the loss of JM has really affected his game . . . wink

Anyways concerning our CL game,

I'd like to see a courageous Grant put out a straight attacking side.

Our opponents are fast, good at crosses and can play at the sides and through the middle.

I want Essien as the holding midfielder because Maka would lose steam and pace . . . though he seems to better in vision and has experience.

I want Anelka playing behind Drogba, Joe Cole and Kalou at the sides. Lampard in the centre.

Behind we have Belleti at right back - Where's Ben Haim anyways?

Drogba
Anelka
Kalou / Malouda Lampard Joe Cole
Essien
Cole Terry Carlvalho (is he injured?) Belleti
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2008
Ibime:

1) Didn't you guys see Cech remonstrating with Drogba in the Carling Cup final?

2) The Times are reporting today that Grant is angry with Didier Drogbas performance in Instanbul and his poor performances over the last few months. The head coach accused Drogba of playing for himself and not the team. I can't be bothered to provide link. Find it yourself. I read it on hard copy.

3) Any observer will notice that Drogbas selfish performances started in February of 2007, not even 2008. Anyway, forget this Drogba issue. He is gone

1) We didnt see it sir

2) Ifyou cannot provide the link, please tell us the page number. I believe no sensible Coach will criticize his players ahead of a big match. What is the page number?

3) He is not playing well this year but i prefer his selfishness that brought us 33 goals with no single  penalty. Just like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEUSzJlpOoQ&feature=related
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:47pm On Apr 08, 2008
Cech out for the season,

Tal ben Haim collided with Petr Cech in training yesterday which caused him to have 50 stiches to his chin and lips. Awful umh? If ben will not play why him go wound person wey suppose play?

@Somze

Aw do you mean Cech is not a senior player? Drogba is not any more senior. Actually I heard the story as well last week about Drog's unrest with players.

Ok Today's match.

Kick off
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:50pm On Apr 08, 2008
Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

3 mins. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:52pm On Apr 08, 2008
Chelsea on the front foot. . . keep it up boys. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by SamMilla1(m): 7:53pm On Apr 08, 2008
chelsea on the rampage.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:55pm On Apr 08, 2008
Nice play guys. . . . joe unlucky
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:09pm On Apr 08, 2008
Drog has started. . . he wants to score the most obvious. . Let us go 2 ahead and we can try ur stuff.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:11pm On Apr 08, 2008
Cudicini seems injured. . . this doesn't look good. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:13pm On Apr 08, 2008
Oh my lord . . he is actually going out.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nazzyon(m): 8:16pm On Apr 08, 2008
If you guys can manage to win todays' match you will need to play a better game against Arsenal.

Though I don't see Arsenal winning; they are not doing bad at the moment.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:25pm On Apr 08, 2008
nazzyon:

If you guys can manage to win todays' match you will need to play a better game against Arsenal.

Though I don't see Arsenal winning; they are not doing bad at the moment.

I resent those word. . . MANAGE. . . BETTER GAME
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:28pm On Apr 08, 2008
Mr Kalouuuuuuuuuuuuuu wetin be dis. . . ?

After that good move.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:29pm On Apr 08, 2008
Lampard has just been messing up passes. . na wa oooo
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:38pm On Apr 08, 2008
Half-time. . I am not very comfortable. . I think we need a goal. These guys are spoilers. .

I want to see that steam show up again for 2nd half and put these guys to bed. . Two goalies out. . . Last time this happened we won two trophies. grin grin grin

And can Arsenal and Liverpool play anything beta than 1-1? I prefer Arsenal anyway because I think Liverpool know just how to play us. Make we win this one first . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nazzyon(m): 8:49pm On Apr 08, 2008
Fernabache's performance in the 1st leg is too scary to joke with.

If your players can stick with their pattern as they played in the First half you won't have any problem winning.

As for Arsenal their weakness is Senderos. He has been awarded a Yellow card. If either Torres or Crouch can pull that string they will earn a penalty that will be the end of the match for them.

NOTHING AS GOOD AS HAVING AN INJURY FREE GOAL KEEPER.

CECH is out

Cudicinni out

Those 2 goal keepers are best at what they do.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:04pm On Apr 08, 2008
Grant don come with Israeli tactics again ooo. . . Which one be dat?
Are we trying to defend? You see. . . Zico has just made a counter decision . . Took out a mifielder. . brought in a striker. .

I hope Grant does not cost us this game.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2008
I do not understand the tactics at all. . What is he trying to do? A game we had on the front foot. . We had wide play. . now it's all narrow and all we are doing is defend. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:23pm On Apr 08, 2008
If they score it is over. . .Grant has killed the game
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 9:25pm On Apr 08, 2008
Well,

What can i say?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:25pm On Apr 08, 2008
What change was made? I aint watching bro . . .  wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 9:28pm On Apr 08, 2008
If we can qualify, i will forever be grateful to Hilaro.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:28pm On Apr 08, 2008
i am very scared of what might happen . . . . .i am very scared. . .

We were plying a 4-3-3 . . . Kalou Drog and Cole . . He took Kalou out and brought in Belletti. . . effectively defensive. . . It just brought Fern back into the game . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.