Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,457 members, 7,843,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (288381 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2008
Grant made a decision at the 55th min . . strange isn't it?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by LeChacal: 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2008
Chelsea are looking good.

I cannot believe Chelsea would be sitting 2 points ahead Arsenal in GAME 33 of the PREM!!!!!
Grant has done something right today.
Good victory!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2008
Kalou should be scoring that chnce. . Mikel just dey lose possession since first half. . . We still look decent anyway. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2008
@Le Chacal

and it is very strange when I always have to spell your ID with different flavours. . . Chelsea no be Arsenal mate. . . I told them their Liverpool game is crucial to the Prem race and could be very crushing
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2008
Anelka is fabulous and very important to attacking play . . . if we want to change our attack style then Le Sulk has to play always. . Check out his good move to find Lamps
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by LeChacal: 4:36pm On Apr 05, 2008
@ nateevs,

Arsenal's season is over as far as the PREM is concerned.
They have blown their chance big time . . . . Wenger shoulda bought players in January.
Liverpool spent money, Chelsea brought in players and United spent dough. . . . Why didn't Wenger spend?
People keep blaming Adebayor, Gallas and Bendtner but the culprit is ARSEne self-servicer. . . . . .

How many misplaced passes did Fab4 make today? Very unlike him. . . . .The boy is tired.
All the good work they have done all season came to nuthing.
I just dont see Flamini penning that contract cos Arsenal(like Cashley said) have no ambition.
They are a buncha unproven featherweights!!!!

COME ON CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      Make ma predictions come through!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:39pm On Apr 05, 2008
Anelka has to score today. . . . it'l be so unfair if he doesn't . . This has been one of his best performances. . for Chelsea. . . and one of Mikel's wrst . . there he goes giving the ball away again. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:43pm On Apr 05, 2008
@Le Chacal

Arsenal, they are damaged for the rest of the season . . . although I am going need them next week
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by LeChacal: 4:46pm On Apr 05, 2008
@ nateevs,

Can Mikel be as poor as Cesc today?
I don't think so. . . . . Cesc's performance today reminds me of Djemba Djemba at Man Utd.
Hell. . . . . players have their off days.
Your win should sting Fergie's ass to play a full-strength United side tomorrow.

I think i prefer Arsenal behind Man Utd.
Chelsea is a different side. . . . They always seem to grind out results even when they don't play well.
Arsenal don't do such. . . . They have to be on top of their game to win.
I think the title would be won at Stamford bridge should United win!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:54pm On Apr 05, 2008
I just hope we find the heart for this on Tuesday. .

Did anyone see drogba making a call on the bench. .? He was obviously not there. .

@Chacal

Even though they are down and out. . . I still expect them for sake of pride to get a result next week
Definitely they have to be at their best.
Their greatest enemies are ManU not Chelsea . . so I expect to see some vengance.
The title won at SB?. . . naaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh
You guys will have to be at more than your best
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2008
It's over . . . . Chelsea secure the full 3 pts . .
Credit to Grant. . 2pts below ManU and finally losing Arsenal in the wilderness. .
The race is on . . we dey go do bad belle for Borough tomorrow. . .

I really loved the performance . . . now we face Tuesday and try whatever we can to disperse those wannabes. . . The season is still alive

COMMON CHELSEAAAAAA!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by LeChacal: 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2008
@ nateevs,

You are very funny!!!!
Arsenal to show pride against Man Utd? You are taking the piss.
Where was the pride when they played Brummies, Lactics, Villa and Scousers?
Arsenal will be beaten blue-black next sunday. . . . .The Arsenal team i saw today was jaded. . . .
Cesc and Ade should be rested for 6 weeks before they can get their groove on.

Are u aware Arsenal's season might be over on tursday? Thats 5 days before they play Man Utd.
There's nothing to play for after then. . . . .The season is over for em should Scousers knock em out on tuesday.
They will be sapped out by then and Wenger would only be playing for European slot and 3rd position.
I expect Man Utd to beat Arsenal 2-0.
Make no mistakes about this. . . .Arsena;'s season is over.
90% of the team that played today will still lace their boots on tuesday against Liverpool.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2008
nateevs:

It's over . . . . Chelsea secure the full 3 pts . .
Credit to Grant. . 2pts below ManU and finally losing Arsenal in the wilderness. .
The race is on . . we dey go do bad belle for Borough tomorrow. . .

I really loved the performance . . . now we face Tuesday and try whatever we can to disperse those wannabes. . . The season is still alive

COMMON CHELSEAAAAAA!!!!!

1. Credit to Grant? Winning Man City must be a huge achievement. Man city's defense was jaded for most of the game and we seemed likely to score on each counter but kept on missing chances. It's nice to see we have a goal to our own name though.

2. I did not like the performance overall but you cant complain over a win

3. Did any one notice Anelka's performance. I'm surprised you claim he played well, that guy would fail to score even if his life depended on it. I failed to see any of his contributions today that had an effect on the game. He was even missing a lot of his passes in the second period.

It's nice to see some players were rested today for our midweek champions league encounter.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:49pm On Apr 05, 2008
nateevs:

Meanwhile Chelsea is doing fine. . . I dey watch first half for pub. . . Anelka should have had a full hat-trick wetin dey do am sef?

Was that not your first statement concerning Anelka?

Why do you let non-Chelsea fans intimidate your position?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:33pm On Apr 05, 2008
@Somze,

Intimidate my position? Why and How? Who tried to? When?
You seem not to agree with anything I posted. . it seemed more like an anti-nateevs post  grin grin grin

Ok, to the fact about the match. . .

Credit to Grant? Yes credit to Grant. . . because when he loses a game with his strange decisions . . I am the first to crticize him. Now that he's won . . credit to him. It does not mean he is a genius. If a dull child makes a good result once in a while, you don't say because he is dull, then no congratulations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the overall performance. . . . I thought it was very good performance. I do not expect to the opposition never to have a shot on goal. . . I like to play oppositions that threaten . . because it shows how well we can cope under pressure. Going to Manchester to win 2-0 is a very good result and I thought the performance was typicallly Chelsea. I know the type of squad we have and the players we have. They are not magical and have no flair. So I rate the team at the level of it's capacity. To me a great performance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Anelka's performance. . . because I said he should have scored a hattrick does not mean he did not have a good game. MOF there was nothing in my earlier post to suggest that he did not have a good game except he should have scored 3 goals. He had a very good game IMHO. He moved the attack line, his run into spaces on and off the ball were terrific. He kept working the opp defence. . .  He brought his team mates into the game and allowed them to do a lot of off-the-ball runs into decent spaces. he even created very decent chances for SWP, Lamps and Kalou which they all missed. He set up the ball that eventually led to the own goal. Matter of fact if the ball went pass the ManCity player it would have been at the feet of a chelsea. . which will require no effort at all at goal - talk about his precise passing abilities.

I have Drog score a goal in several matches and his performance his rubbish. That Anelka did not score a goal did not mean he did not have a good performance. As a matter of fact his performance today was miles better than Drog's performance in turkey last week.  I belong to several foreign Chelsea forums. . and I have posted several times today and you are perhaps the only one I have seen saying Anelka's performance was woeful. Even CFCnet bloggers voted Anelka MOTM. If I am right he was the official MOTM. He was BBC MOTM. Bet365 MOTM. CFCNET MOTM, Chelseavitalfootball voted him MOTM.

Just google Chelsea ManCity MOTM and see what people are saying. So I do not see your point.

Wetin do Somze today? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 1:16am On Apr 06, 2008
nateevs:

Wetin do Somze today? undecided undecided undecided

He is hating on Anelka because of his friend Drogba. I have always felt that Anelka is a perfect team player. His off-the-ball is superb, his touch and awareness and composure and teamwork is superb. Certainly, Somze is right that he lacks a bit of snap - he is too laid back with pulling the trigger - or you could say he lacks a bit of determination and willpower to force himself to get to the ball first - For example, against Barnsley, we needed Drogba not Anelka because that was a real Championship scrap. Their defence sat deep and when a defence is too deep, the only way to hurt them is aerially. We certainly needed Drogbas muscle in that game because Anelka had no space to breathe and he does not put himself about like Drogba. Against Fehnerbahce, we needed Anelka because there was a lot of space in behind the defence. Basically, if a defence sits too deep, Drogba is the best man for the job because he is an aerial threat. However, if the opposition defence defend high up, then Anelka is the man for the job because he has the running and technique to exploit it. Drogba seems to have lost some pace to get him behind high defences. Anyway, its horses for courses. If the shoe fits wear it.

Anyway, Anelka is a real team player. I prefer that because for a long time I've noticed that teamwork is very low at Chelsea. A lot of players take shots all the time instead of playing obvious passes (Lampard and Drogba are the chief culprits) - it is like they are looking for personal glory so that they can get a better contract or whatever. I believe the World's best players such as Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto, Ronaldo etc have no selfishness in them.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:39pm On Apr 06, 2008
3 points in between Man Utd and Chelsea . . . We're close to our 3rd title in 4 years.

Thank you Boro grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by creamdream: 8:30pm On Apr 06, 2008
Chelsea will draw the next game, then draw with manunited, none of this teams will get the cup, chelsea will be OUT of champions legue this week!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by creamdream: 8:31pm On Apr 06, 2008
in jesus name.AMEN
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by md4real(m): 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2008
creamdream:

Chelsea will draw the next game, then draw with manunited, none of this teams will get the cup, chelsea will be OUT of champions legue this week!!
creamdream:

in jesus name.AMEN
you think say na only you sabi pray? as chelsea come 3points behind man u, no body sabi. na so chelsea go carry the legue and the champions league, you no go sabi. goooooooooo blllllllluuuuuuessssssssss!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Kaybaba5(m): 5:29am On Apr 07, 2008
What i know is that as we are moving in the league we still have the hope dat we can stil win the league.Up blues
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Kaybaba5(m): 5:32am On Apr 07, 2008
What i know is that as we are moving in the league we still have the hope dat we can stil win the league.Up blues
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Kaybaba5(m): 5:35am On Apr 07, 2008
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by olusho02(m): 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2008
Always blues on top,we are the best in d league
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by olusho02(m): 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2008
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by olusho02(m): 2:20pm On Apr 07, 2008
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by olusho02(m): 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2008
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by olusho02(m): 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2008
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by lalaboi(m): 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2008
i dnt even knw what i want from the man utd arsenal game

if arsenal win! we'll beat wigan and be joint top! and arsenal will still be there!

i think i'll prefer man utd draw and we win! they lead by 1 point!

then we beat them at stamford bridge !

and thats the title in the bag! if we dnt stunble against everton!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2008
lalaboi,

for all we care, the arse can go ahead and beat manyoo; they'll still be down there tongue

but at the rate they are playing now, the best we should expect from the arses is a draw.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2008
I know you guys probably read this in the News of The World on Sunday, but just incase you missed it - here it is. Apparently Chelsea players are unhappy with Drogba's performances and he has clashed with Cech, Ballack and Makalele this season over his poor performances:

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=649029

It has already been reported earlier in the season that Drogba was keen to leave the club following the dismissal of Jose Mourinho and that reality looks to be a step closer with news of further dressing room unrest in West London.

According to the News of the World, Drogba and Ballack clashed before Chelsea’s recent victory over Arsenal and the paper also claims the striker has rowed with both Claude Makelele and goalkeeper Peter Cech before the Carling Cup defeat to Spurs in February.

The striker has become increasingly frustrated at Chelsea this season and has often made his feelings very clear on the subject in various interviews. It is understood that he was very close to former manager Jose Mourinho and upset by the Portuguese’s departure from the club.

This has led to patchy performances all year by the striker as he has seen his season disrupted by firstly injury and then the African Cup of Nations. Chelsea have also bought in Nicolas Anelka, in what is seen as a clear sign that Drogba will not be at the club next season.

Certainly his body language at times hasn’t looked the best and in yesterday’s victory over Manchester City he was to be seen sitting darkly on the bench, his features hidden by a hat and his ipod firmly plugged into his ears.

The news will no doubt alert many of the top clubs to his services once again. Drogba has already been reported as being a target for both Milan clubs, Real Madrid and Barcelona and it is thought much might depend on both the asking price that Chelsea slap on their striker and also the summer destination of a certain Jose Mourinho. What does seem certain is that Drogba’s Chelsea career is nearing its end.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 7:13pm On Apr 07, 2008
Cech and Ballack? Are they even senior players? This would have been worthwhile if it was Lampard or Terry.

I guess we should depend on Anelka that is under a curse to miss even at close range. Anelka is getting close to Kezman with respect to goals scored in the EPL in his Chelsea career.

We should be concentrating on news concerning our CL quarters. Can maka or ballack or Cech play centre forward and score the goals we need to win the match and advance to the semis? I think this news source is just trying to unsettle our players with this cheap shot.

The fact that anyone questioned Drogba's contribution even before the Carling Cup (his first match for Chelsea this year, just after ACN) exposes the lack of credibility of this source.

This story is baseless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.