Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,618 members, 7,861,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:22 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290039 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 5:41am On Apr 15, 2008
I watched d match n even if you put 4 Kahns, we oughta wrapped d game 1st half- no pressure was put on d wigan team as much as we needed. stop d saying IT WASN'T OUR DAY. I beT in Jm's era, Manu 'll wet their pants instead of celebrating our draw.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ituen(m): 5:56am On Apr 15, 2008
Mustay,

how many stops did the keeper save? Terry's ball got the woodwork, essien's balls kept getting stopped, anelka's not just having a great time.

Anytime i see clear chances and its not converted either by woodwork barrier or good keeping, then i always know that we would never win that game.

Why bring shevy late into the game? to do wat?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by software(m): 7:02am On Apr 15, 2008
Grant is a failure angry angry angry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ituen(m): 7:05am On Apr 15, 2008
if u knew hw to coach, u woulda been in his shoes, so stop da hating

How many coaches come into a club and are able to sustain a team into top 3?

wenger n ferguson didnt do it. it took them 2 yrs to break the deadlok

grant will bring a trophy home and i know its gona be d champions league
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:39am On Apr 15, 2008
The quote - Grant has done nothing wrong - is the most annoying one line blunder I have seen all year.

So who do we blame - the players?

Grant has his first 11 at his finger tips, management support and even the promise of job safety. That guy is goofus.

The only reason why we lost the EPL last season was Roman Abramovich and his wrangles and scuffles with Team Setup and JM. This season it is also his pathetic decision to fire JM and replace him with Grant who by the way is unfit, misfit and unsuitable for Chelsea.

I don't have a problem with going trophyless this season, I understand why that is happening but I do have a problem with Grant. The quicker I see his back the better.

Chelsea can go no where with him.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:05am On Apr 15, 2008
Nateevs, Ibime
Have you noticed games without Lampard and Drogba?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2008
@ ituen,

Before u bust your guts over nuthing, I am a United fan but i guarantee u i know more about Chelsea than u do, so brace yourself.

The team put out by Grant yesterday is good enough to beat Wigan for Bleep's sake.
I still don't see how Grant can be blamed for players failing to take chances.
He made the right move to bring on Joe Cole at the start of the second half. . .who displayed a MOTM performance for 45 mins.
Chelsea players were just exuding a negative attitude,  . . like they can't be bovvered to win the game,

I suppose there will be plenty of people on here now saying that JM never drew a home match or never settled for a 1-0 result.
Because JM is the greatest manager in the history of the game. Unsurpassed genius. A god amongst men. A star of the firmament.
Take your blue tinted glasses off . . .Jose was not an empire builder, His confrontational style with his employer will always make for short-term relationships.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 3:13pm On Apr 15, 2008
The players are not mentally up for the challenge after Arsenal broke their hearts yesterday. I fully expected us to drop points against Wigan so Im not surprised. My friend who is a Chelsea fan even bet £10 that we would draw - and we did.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2008
So we depend on Arsenal to win at the bridge now . . . lol

Something is surely wrong with the players and it's not Arsenal, it's Grant.

How many players are at their best? Only Joe Cole and that's a few times. Still it mostly leads to nothing.

Remember Joe Cole that gets goals against top sides like Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd?

The players hate the training schedule and tactics. They hate the way Grant picks match starters. They dislike Grant. We're even having team scuffles now.

You don't need a prophet to tell you Grant is the issue here.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:05pm On Apr 15, 2008
@Somze,

Personally I do not see any reason to blame Grant. . . how many of us really believed that Grant will really win the league? We say he is not good and at the same time we are quietly hoping we win the league!! Before beating Arsenal we had no hope, ManU drew and suddenly it seemed like we could do it. . now we can't and we blame Grant again when in the first place we said he could not do it. . I am tired of blaming him . . I just don't want him there next season. . .

My concern now is our players. . We do have players that are resourceful anymore. . you can say the Grant- appoinment killed their spirit but in attack and defence, it's all gone dead. . We need to know that our players are over-rated!!! very very over rated. . . even if they can't score for Grant they should score for themselves. . we find it hard to create chances . . and when we do we score one of 20 . . 19 fly pass the post or hit the post and we say it was not our day . . . aw many 1-0 wins have we had this season? It's just like we can't score. .

I did see the match without Lamp and Drog but there's nothing to show in recent times that if they played we would have won. . nothing at all. .

We must be careful about how we judge these guys with past achievements. . . there needs to be a time when we move on. . Lamp and Drog scored goals in the JM era . . . but that was almost 2 seasons ago. . . We need to move on . . they will both be 31 next season. . if they our 90-min players next season we will have a problem for the next 3 years. . We need to know that wqe have to start rebuilding at some point. . i don't want the rebuilding to start after everything break down. .

I support a massive clear-out of all the over-paid and over-rated fotballers we have. . and start afresh. . even if it means we won't win anything!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2008
you don't see the reason to blame Grant! The management has been trying to convince us that we should support the man but how do we support mediocrity?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2008
nateevs:

@Somze,

Personally I do not see any reason to blame Grant. . . how many of us really believed that Grant will really win the league? We say he is not good and at the same time we are quietly hoping we win the league!! Before beating Arsenal we had no hope, ManU drew and suddenly it seemed like we could do it. . now we can't and we blame Grant again when in the first place we said he could not do it. . I am tired of blaming him . . I just don't want him there next season. . .

My concern now is our players. . We do have players that are resourceful anymore. . you can say the Grant- appoinment killed their spirit but in attack and defence, it's all gone dead. . We need to know that our players are over-rated!!! very very over rated. . . even if they can't score for Grant they should score for themselves. . we find it hard to create chances . . and when we do we score one of 20 . . 19 fly pass the post or hit the post and we say it was not our day . . . aw many 1-0 wins have we had this season? It's just like we can't score. .

I did see the match without Lamp and Drog but there's nothing to show in recent times that if they played we would have won. . nothing at all. .

We must be careful about how we judge these guys with past achievements. . . there needs to be a time when we move on. . Lamp and Drog scored goals in the JM era . . . but that was almost 2 seasons ago. . . We need to move on . . they will both be 31 next season. . if they our 90-min players next season we will have a problem for the next 3 years. . We need to know that wqe have to start rebuilding at some point. . i don't want the rebuilding to start after everything break down. .

I support a massive clear-out of all the over-paid and over-rated fotballers we have. . and start afresh. . even if it means we won't win anything!!!

^^^ I totally agree. I don't know why all you guys keep going on about Grant. I think we all agree that Grant is not up to the job. What we are looking at is to see if we have players who are up to the job. The fact is that Chelsea have rgressed severely since Mourinho's first season. In his first season, we had Robben and Duff who were arguably two of the best wingers in the world. The next season Joe Cole stepped up to the plate to take Duff's place who was losing form. But people forget that in JM's second season we had a lot of 1-0 wins. We had already started losing creativity. By the third season, we shunned the wingers and had this stiff diamond system in midfield who weren't creating chances. Meanwhile Man Utd were growing, adding top players. Now there is no doubt they are miles ahead of us in terms of playing staff. You cannot even compare the two sets of players. I don't think Mourinho would have won the league this season. Infact, we would be in the same position with probably the same number of points. He would have won the League and FA cup. Anyway, what I am saying is that we need to change all our wingers except Joey - we also need to lose Drogba for another striker. That is all.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2008
we need the types of GUDJOHNSEN N DUFF that used to run crazily into defences years ago. Cole is the one right now trying to play d game of Robben; the only difference being that he's unselfish. drogba should go
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 10:53pm On Apr 15, 2008
@ Mustay,

Drogba should GO? shocked shocked shocked
Chelsea fans on NL are brave. . . . . 12 months ago, Drogba was the hero at West London and now u want him to go?
Grant should do everything possible to keep Drogba. . . . There are not many centre forwards out there so look before u leap.

The only thing lacking in Chelsea is creativity. How Jose allowed Duff, Robben and Gudjohnsen to go beats ma imagination.
Those 3 players can run any defence ragged . . . . A corner-kick against Chelsea would almost result into a goal in the other end if Chelsea breaks.
Cech catches the ball. . . .long throw to Arjen Robben . . . . .and in 5-11 secs, the ball will land in the opponent's net.

Grant is still maintaining 4-3-3 but he clearly lacks the personnel to run it effectively. Malouda can never be a Robben. wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 11:17am On Apr 16, 2008
First, Modric said he would rather go to Liverpool, now David Villa says he would rather go to Arsenal. Chelsea's reputation is being damaged because of mismanagement of the board and manager and players do not want to come because they can see the bad management. Are we the new Real Madrid of the galactico's era? Even Anelka says being at Chelsea is like being at Real Madrid. I am reallly sad at these developments in CFC.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 11:41am On Apr 16, 2008
We don't want players who lacks commitment,dedication and loyalty. Chelsea is bigger than any player. If we can have players who are willing to play the game i bet you that there will be progress at the bridge. No more big boys!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by HNIC(m): 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2008
What's this dude talkin' about?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-23478713-details/I%27d+never+have+joined+Chelsea+if+I%27d+known+Grant+was+going+to+replace+Mourinho%2C+blasts+Ben+Haim/article.do
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2008
@ Jackal 12 months ago is about 365 days ago innit? time changes; the hero(Mugabe) of yesterday is now the enemy of the state. the reason y he can go has been highlighted by blue horizo's last post. he should stop ranting like a kid. the likes of Terry and Lamps 've been in there for years. Did they cry to the media about the internal crisis?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Enaks(m): 5:24pm On Apr 16, 2008
hi
pls is there any one into
programming pls can u
help me with some
programming e-books if u
can pls forward them to
my email naks4dtp@yahoo.com OR 08072241705
THKS
NELSON
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:57pm On Apr 16, 2008
Grant is the worst thing that has happened to us this season.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:17pm On Apr 16, 2008
I woke up this morning to hear the news that Ben Haim said he won't have signed for Chelsea had he known Grant would be Coach. .
Our image is fast depleting. . . I wonder what state of mind Roman is in right now. . i bet he knows now that one can build and then your those same hand knack everything for ground. .
Only heavens know who will deny chelsea next. . all for the desire of posiitive football. . now we have a lot of positive football!!!

Chelsea youth lost the final of the youth FA Cup to ManCity tonite. . . couldn't see the first half but I saw the second. . . Kakuta, Tejera and Woods had decnt games . . a few displays from Miroslav Stoch as well. . overall decent half. .

Tejera wrapped up the whole game for ManCity as he naively conceeded a penalty at the 86th minute. . I really hoped they won . . but they did well to get to the finals. Saw Avram watching in the stands. . wondered what he was doing there. . I will honourably resign if I was him.

Meanwhile Franco Di Santo scored a hat-trick in a reserves game against Spurs two days ago. I am closely following this guy and it brings his tally to 6 goals in 7 reserve games. In a game that included Paulo Ferreira, Steve Sidwell, Ivanovic and Ben Haim. . he is fast becoming very comfortable in a Chelsea shirt. I am really hoping he does well.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2008
Was Captain sheva there? grin grin grin Cos i heard Sheva is Chelsea's reserve captain embarassed embarassed embarassed. A whole Sheva shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 8:36am On Apr 17, 2008
Nateevs,
Grant claims he has a good relationship with Roman and they're working out next season squad together.

I guess we'll have to wait till then to find out.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:42am On Apr 17, 2008
nateevs:

Meanwhile Franco Di Santo scored a hat-trick in a reserves game against Spurs two days ago. I am closely following this guy and it brings his tally to 6 goals in 7 reserve games. In a game that included Paulo Ferreira, Steve Sidwell, Ivanovic and Ben Haim. . he is fast becoming very comfortable in a Chelsea shirt. I am really hoping he does well.

Thanks for the update. Please keep updating us on the reserve and youth teams.

Where do you watch all these reserve and youth games anyway? Chelsea TV? Anyway, we appoint you chief correspondent of Chelsea reserve team. wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 17, 2008
@ Ibime,

The FA don't like you lots. . . . . .
How can they make u play on a thursday(2 days after playing Wigan)?
They claim its because of TV money. . . . . Isn't that irresponsible?
Anyways, the bright side is u have 2 days extra for the Champions league game against the Scousers. . . .
A loss today should wrap up the Prem for Man Utd.

Good luck Chelskites!!! grin cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2008
It's a good thing the players are expressing themselves now about Grant. It's wrong to force a leader on a team. If AB calls the players'bluff and goes on to sell most of 'em, he'll 'sorely' LOse
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 1:32pm On Apr 17, 2008
It's a good thing the players are expressing themselves now about Grant. It's wrong to force a leader on a team. If AB calls the players'bluff and goes on to sell most of 'em, he'll 'sorely' LOse
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2008
@ rikky everything is all economics! To show that Sheva's SALARY is justifiable, he z got to do something abi?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by lalaboi(m): 3:16pm On Apr 17, 2008
for me i choose to blame Grant! under mourinho the squad was disciplined!!! i cnt see any thing like that in this team!
we have a manager who thinks, my first eleven has to score before i make a sub!

erm! its 75mins! i 4got i had 3subs to use!
erm! the fans are complaining, i need to make subs early!
erm! i brought on anelka and we won!

let me try d same against wigan! yea! joe cole!! go tell them i know how to make subs!!
after that, erm let me keep my 2 subs and eat them for dinner!

oh no! they equalised! shevy go score with a min left!

what a stupid coach! when i watch juande ramos make subs! i remember mourinho!
if u wanna defend a lead. do u do dat with tired legs? why didnt he even bring in a defender to help the defence! oh no! he didnt even have a spare defender on the bench!!!! am sure he wasnt taught that when he took up coaching!

mr ten cate is always giving the 'frog' suggestion but he feels he knows better! it seems mr clarke is sick of it all! he doesnt even look at his face during games! if this guy stays next season we'll loose our stars! we lost drogba already! villa aint coming!

mehn! we a need a coach and we need it fast! someone who knows how to take risks! i just feel we should have signed juande ramos befor tot'ham. for me he's the only one who can match mourinho with this chelsea squad!

look again! he has fined ben haim(country man) £80,000 for saying the truth!
dats just making the players hate him more!

even if we win the champions league! the players deserve the credit! not Grant!
all he does is pick eleven players to just play!

how did he even win 2 league titles in isreal!??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2008
@ lalaboi,

Should Grant be blamed for the gross indiscipline plaguing Chelsea players? I dont think so.
Chelsea players dont RESPECT Grant cos he wasn't responsible for the signing of most of em.
Before u bring ur daggers out why they respected Jose Mourinho. . . . . Chelsea was just an okay team before Jose joined.
During JM's era, He won many titles and thus the RESPECT. . .
I think Grant has to clear out the buncha prima donnas in the Chelsea outfit. . .buy his own players and maybe then, he should be judged.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by lalaboi(m): 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2008
how is he even gona get RESPECT when he cnt even help his players on the pitch?

the most annoying part is not having a spare defender on the bench!

is that dumb or smart!

@jacks

u know very well that avram is full of shyyt! all u interested in is for him to stay and make chelsea mid table team! so u can keep winning the league!

thats not gona happen! let him win nada!! and he's gone!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2008
@ lalaboi,

U are getting it wrong.
Grant aint going anywhere until MAY 2009.
Roman just handed him 100 million pounds cheque so happy days ahead!!!!!

Grant is ma man. . . . Watch him beat Everton tonight!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.