Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,514 members, 7,865,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:10 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290355 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2008
Are u saying ManU will go into their next game thinking they have won even before they play? when they know they are just 2 pts ahead? If they won't, which I believe, is that no the pressure?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2008
my brother,don't let us deceive ourselves,we are no pressure to Manu. Not now,maybe in the past. The season is over and it is ManU's.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2008
my brother, don't deceive yourself also. 2 matches changed leadership hands from Arsenal to Manu some weeks ago. it's not over until it's OVER!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 6:21am On Apr 18, 2008
i hear you.Not until the season is over.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:47am On Apr 18, 2008
I really do not understand when you say there is no pressure on Manu. .
I think what you want to say is that you expect ManU to win all their matches. .
That is entirely different from there is no pressure on them.

They are ahead with two points. . . and they know they are coming to the bridge, which we could win. now they know they have to win not draw to go 5pts ahead. they almost lost to Middlesborough, Westham always gives them trouble, like Aston Villa to does to us. Are you saying they cannot draw or lose to blackburn? Even Jackal knows it can happen. Jackal abi I lie? If ManU drop 2 pts, we are back to monday night - and we go even on points if we win at the bridge. They know all this and they know they HAVE to win all their matches . . which to me bro, is PRESSURE.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by donchichi: 9:11am On Apr 18, 2008
I dont know if anyone posted this but its quite a laugh. its about AG's post match conference. Have a laugh. cheesy

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=526693&cc=5901
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:14am On Apr 18, 2008
I heard it in the news today and I have been searching for the links ever since . . I did not find one. One newspaper called him "CHARMLESS"!!!!! . . . .I asked myself "Is that News"?

Really this a joke interview of the century. . Even a dumb person will do better. Maybe he's been told he won't be here next season. . Well would there be any point talking?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by atiku07(m): 11:38am On Apr 18, 2008
I think Avram is really troubled by Something and he is really confused by the altitude of some players i guess
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 11:52am On Apr 18, 2008
@All

I beg, leave my coach alone jo.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 1:39pm On Apr 18, 2008
[center][b]Grumpy Grant In Stunning Press Conference[/center]

Avram Grant has not been in the most cheerful of moods these days, but few would have expected what happened after Chelsea's 1-0 win over Everton at Goodison Park.

The Chelsea manager saw his team close to within two points of Manchester United, but followed that up with the most amazing of press conferences.

A deserved win Avram?

Yes

What in particular pleased you about this performance?

I am pleased.

What in particular pleased you?

[A long pause] I don't know.

Is it a relief to win here?

Yes.

You seem lost for words by the performance. Are you more satisfied with the performance or the victory?

Both.

You seem distracted. Do you have a problem?

No problem.

Is there an issue?

No. I am ok. I have nothing to say.

Do you have a message for the Chelsea fans?

Do you represent the Chelsea fans?

They [the fans] must believe you are still in the title race, do you have a message for them?

No message.

Does this result mean you are back in it now?

I don't know.

How many steps have you climbed to undertake this press conference?

I don't know.

You seem less voluble than usual. Is it because of Sky TV moving the game to a Thursday?

Maybe it's because of you. I don't know. I am ok.

You are saying that you don't know if you are still in the title race?

No.

Is it easier to say nothing Avram?

I don't know what to answer. It is a good question. I don't know what to answer.

Is this because of Sky?[/b]

No. Sky is ok. I enjoy watching them.

Is it a protest against newspapers?

No. Why?

Why else would you come in and refuse to answer our questions?

I answer every question.

You are two points behind Manchester United and you don't know if you are still in the title race?

No.

Have you told the players that you don't know if you are back in the title race?

What I tell the players is something else. You want me to tell you what I say to the players?

We just want you to answer the question really. Are you in the title race?

I don't know.

Would you not like to gain some positive publicity for the result rather than this bizarre silence?

I'm sorry. You can write whatever you want and I can answer what I want.

Do you feel under pressure to deliver a trophy. Is that the reason for the monosyllabic answers?

No.

Are you upset? Do you feel you have been misrepresented?

Maybe I am upset because it is a bad season.

Did Michael Essien faint?

He had some problems, but he is ok.

Michael Ballack?

Injured.

What's his problem?

Ask the doctor.

He's not here Avram.

We'll call him then.

Have you ever played the yes/no game Avram?

[Grant gets up and leaves.]

What the reasons behind this bizarre sequence of questions and answers may be, we leave for you to speculate.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=663403
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 2:33pm On Apr 18, 2008
grin grin
At least he's on the headlines grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2008
Maybe he's working on a new outfit . . . . positive football! . . and he doesn't want any distractions. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2008
Positive football? He must be reading the wrong manual grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by JUNIT1(m): 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2008
even chelsea fans should laugh at this, avram grant is the moodiest coach alive.

galleria zoom The Chelsea manager saw his team close to within two points of Manchester United, but followed that up with the most amazing of press conferences.

A deserved win Avram?

Yes

What in particular pleased you about this performance?

I am pleased.

What in particular pleased you?

[A long pause] I don't know.

Is it a relief to win here?

Yes.

You seem lost for words by the performance. Are you more satisfied with the performance or the victory?

Both.

You seem distracted. Do you have a problem?

No problem.

Is there an issue?

No. I am ok. I have nothing to say.

Do you have a message for the Chelsea fans?

Do you represent the Chelsea fans?

They [the fans] must believe you are still in the title race, do you have a message for them?

No message.

Does this result mean you are back in it now?

I don't know.

How many steps have you climbed to undertake this press conference?

I don't know.

You seem less voluble than usual. Is it because of Sky TV moving the game to a Thursday?

Maybe it's because of you. I don't know. I am ok.

You are saying that you don't know if you are still in the title race?

No.

Is it easier to say nothing Avram?

I don't know what to answer. It is a good question. I don't know what to answer.

Is this because of Sky?

No. Sky is ok. I enjoy watching them.

Is it a protest against newspapers?

No. Why?

Why else would you come in and refuse to answer our questions?

I answer every question.

You are two points behind Manchester United and you don't know if you are still in the title race?

No. grin
Have you told the players that you don't know if you are back in the title race?

What I tell the players is something else. You want me to tell you what I say to the players? cheesy
We just want you to answer the question really. Are you in the title race?

I don't know.

Would you not like to gain some positive publicity for the result rather than this bizarre silence?

I'm sorry. You can write whatever you want and I can answer what I want.

Do you feel under pressure to deliver a trophy. Is that the reason for the monosyllabic answers?

No.

Are you upset? Do you feel you have been misrepresented?

Maybe I am upset because it is a bad season.

Did Michael Essien faint?

He had some problems, but he is ok.

Michael Ballack?

Injured.

What's his problem?

Ask the doctor.

He's not here Avram.

We'll call him then.

Have you ever played the yes/no game Avram?

[Grant gets up and leaves.]

What the reasons behind this bizarre sequence of questions and answers
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2008
Hello?

This was posted before undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2008
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/04/18/chelsea-eye-50m-bid-for-brazilian-superstar-kaka-89520-20386688/

[b] "Chelsea are confident of landing Brazilian superstar Kaka in a £50million deal from AC Milan.The Blues are ready to move after the Italian club agreed a £22m fee to sign Ronaldinho from Barcelona.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich and manager Avram Grant believe Kaka can be the hallmark signing of their planned £100m summer spending spree.And Milan's willingness to pull out all the stops to bring Ronaldinho to the club has put the Blues on high alert that a bid for the player who turns 26 on Tuesday would be successful.

Chelsea feel it will be easier to prise Kaka away from Milan than to persuade Barca to part with their other top target Lionel Messi.Ronaldinho is ready to agree a £200,000-a-week five-year deal to move from the Nou Camp - making the Brazilian the highest-paid player in the world.

But while Milan owner and newly re-elected Italian President Silvio Berlusconi has pushed the deal, Chelsea feel he will need to find a way of balancing the books. Milan already have Ronaldo and Brazilian teenage sensation Pato in their squad and Abramovich will use his strong links with the club, through the signing of want away Andriy Shevchenko, to clinch the deal.

Carlo Ancelotti's side are in serious danger of missing out on Champions League qualification for next season.

And if Milan are forced to play in the UEFA Cup, it is felt that the World Player of the Year would be reluctant to stay. But Chelsea will probably have to break the world record and pay as much as £50m to entice Kaka to Stamford Bridge."
[/b]

Now we are beginning to think we can't play exciting football without the biggest stars. Ever since I have been following the news the only reason I think he will want to leave is the Champions League excuse.

It's a lazy and expensive way of doing the right job. Did Roman think we wouldn't play exciting football if Jose had Kaka? What a load of rubbish. How much is he coming here to earn? when there are lots out there that might be better. I am not saying he won't be a good addition, oh! yes he might be, but only for the short run.  He will turn 26 soon, he'll have a good season turn 27 and that's it. . while he's signed a four year contract that pays him 100s of thousands of £s per day.

This is absolute madness. I pray Madrid come into the picture and he goes there. Let us do it the right way and look for the next Kakas . . . and Messis. Milan bought Kaka for £4m and now if they'll sell him, they will for at least £40m.

Big rubbish when we can get Van der Vaart, Modric, Marek Hamsik and Lulinha (one of the next Kakas) all attacking midfielders and all of them in the team for less than the cost of Kaka. Plus the wages of all of them combined will still be less that Kaka will earn a week.

Someone please tell me I am wrong.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 11:48pm On Apr 18, 2008
?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 7:24am On Apr 19, 2008
Actually, I believe the press conference he gave was as a protest against the FA and Sky Sports for moving the game to a thursday. He has to fulfill his press conference duties, but at the same time he wants them to know that he is angry.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 7:33am On Apr 19, 2008
@ Nateevs, if Roman wants to spend his money that is his problem, not ours. Chelsea is not a PLC. Anyway, I believe we will sign youngsters this summer. As for Lulinha, he is not ready yet. BTW, Berbatov has come out to say he wants to leave again. He is the perfect player we are looking for in terms of creativity. Tottenham Chairman Joe Louis just lost £500m in the Bear Stearns crash so I think they will be ready to sell this summer.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ekwere(m): 10:45am On Apr 19, 2008
I am a true BLUES forever.
We should try and convene a meeting of the blue fans in Nigeria,have an email address we can use in contacting members and probably a website.

B       L       u      E SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FOR LIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2008
@Ibime

1. Fabregas, Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson were all not ready. It is obvious Lulinha will make it big when he makes it to europe.

2. Does Grant not think inaudible protests is a waste of time and energy?

3. I definitely will not mind Berbatov. Definitely wouldn't.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by atiku07(m): 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2008
Former boss Jose Mourinho hopes Chelsea can get the better of Liverpool in their forthcoming Champions League semi-final showdown.

Mourinho was at the helm of the Blues when they lost two semi-finals - in 2005 and 2007 - to the Merseyside club before leaving Stamford Bridge earlier this season.

JOSE MOURINHO In the first meeting his side lost to a controversial goal that he claimed hasn't crossed the line, while two years later the Reds progressed to the final after a dramatic penalty shoot-out.

But speaking ahead of Tuesday's first leg meeting at Stamford Bridge, Mourinho is hoping his former employers can exact their revenge

"I don't know who will win," he told The Times. "I think always between big teams the result is a question mark. I want Chelsea.

"Mathematically it's possible. I want them to win. Yes, for the fans, for the players, yes, for the friends I have in the club.

"And when I say friends I include the board. I have no problems with Peter (Kenyon, chief executive) or Roman (Abramovich, owner). I always support my friends."

source: http://www.4thegame.com/club/chelsea-fc/news/217446/jose_hopes_for_chelsea_win.html

i like this guy eh!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2008
This referee is a punk. Kuczcak and Rooney should have been sent off in the first half plus Blackburn should have had a penalty. I think it is the same referee that sent off Mikel at Old Trafford. Anyway, we lost the league now. I don't see Man Utd losing to Wigan or whichever other team they are playing. I forget. We should have won the Wigan game.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tboy81(m): 7:31pm On Apr 19, 2008
well we also had some penalty appeals too . . . .

Let's just wait for the match next saturday!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2008
tboy81:

well we also had some penalty appeals too . . . .

Let's just wait for the match next saturday!

You wouldn't have dreamt of penalties for your side if Rooney had gotten sent off. And don't even talk about waiting for next week. If you play us at thr bridge like you played today . . you will go down. This is no blackburn.

@Ibime.

There is a ray of hope still. If ManU play the way they played today against Westham, they will drop points; and that all they need to do provided we need win all our games.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 8:14pm On Apr 19, 2008
nateevs:

You wouldn't have dreamt of penalties for your side if Rooney had gotten sent off. And don't even talk about waiting for next week. If you play us at thr bridge like you played today . . you will go down. This is no blackburn.
@Ibime.

There is a ray of hope still. If ManU play the way they played today against Westham, they will drop points; and that all they need to do provided we need win all our games.

Una too dey make mouth abeg tongue : Are you sure you watched the match? You didn't, right? Are you saying United's performance was so shambolic that Avram & Ten Cate would personally score an hattrick. Ofcourse United were not fluent, but if a keeper is on top of his game, what else can an opposing team do? Use their fingers to bundle the ball inside the net or what?

Friedel gave you two points, Simple!!! NOT a United display or whatever.

Are you aware that Friedel saves kept 'em Rovers in the game. Ofcos, we could argue that Friedels goalkeeping heroics is the best from a goalie all through this season.

SB, my asshole. This same SB that you've drawn 6 games against Hey you and Sankwa Teams ? Abegi jo, as far as am concerned the SB game is not even a title decider. If United lose that game, all what they need to do is to win their last 2 games and with that massive goal differnece Roman's investment is toast. Ofcos, a draw would seal chelsea's coffin this season!

At the same time, You forgot you are playing a rejuvenated NewCastle & a relegation threathened Bolton who would defend their lives and wouldn't want to go down easily!!!

Hahaha, Son, Lets leave Matter for Matthias. SB, here we go!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ndumart: 8:23pm On Apr 19, 2008
With this kind of display, i am yet to see a team that will outclass united. The trophy is Man U's to win
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:38pm On Apr 19, 2008
What is this man talking about? Did I watch the match? The only players you could see on the pitch were utd's. Of course what do I expect you to say. Display my foot. Friedel did not make one single save in the first half and now you are saying he gave us two points.

The last few minutes of pressure happened because any team desperate for a point will play like that in the last 20mins. The first half was appaling. What I am telling you is that if you come to the bridge and play the first half like you did, chelsea will go 2 or three up and that is it. you are not even sure you will beat Westham.

Talking about draw at the bridge with useless team, what happened when you lost at OT to ManCity and almost lost to Middlesborough. Don't paint a picture of UTD being unbeatable.

Utd are the only team that will not get a red card when Rooney shows open descent on a referee in such a match. He should have been out and you should have lost. Vidic, Scholes and Brown all should have picked up yellow cards. Kuzcak should have been out in the first half but thanks to STYLES and now you come here talking about display.

Abeg jare.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 8:49pm On Apr 19, 2008
Utd are the only team that will not get a red card when Rooney shows open descent on a referee in such a match. He should have been out and you should have lost. Vidic, Scholes and Brown all should have picked up yellow cards. Kuzcak should have been out in the first half but thanks to STYLES and now you come here talking about display.

I love all this your "coulda shoulda" hypothethical scenario you are painting! You are just wasting space Becos i believe you should have even said : all the United players should have been red-carded and 'em Rovers should play against themselves with an empty net to score!

As i said, SB we go next! You talk as if Chelsea have been in the most scintillating form, blah yada, blah, "If United play like this, they would be 3 down" If that was how Chelsea Pummeled their opponents week-in week-out,  why are you people playing catch-up, counting your Rosary beads and chanting Hail Mary's for United to drop points?

Pssshh, Like i said earlier. We go meet for that SB wey you dey carry for head!!!

However, i personally know your excuse and every other Nairaland Chav's excuse if the pendulum doesn't swing in your favor at the so-called awaited SB

This excuse? "Grant is clueless, yada yada, He is tactless with his stupid substitutions, blah blah,  Please Bring JM back, reh reh reh. grin grin grin

SB, here we go son!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:15pm On Apr 19, 2008
Can you say many things without your blah blah reh reh watever? If you come to this thread often I am not one of those fans that make excuses. If you deserve to win at SB then so be it. If we do not deserve to win a match, I do not go on and on about Grant this and grant that. In the same vein if one of our players deserved to have been sent off I say it. I don't hide behind some freaky second-half 20-min display and rant about how we are going to demolish whoever it is in the next match. Say it as it is !!! That's all I am saying.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 11:13pm On Apr 19, 2008
Nateevs forgive them for they know not what they are talking about.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 4:14am On Apr 20, 2008
abi o! like they knew not what the definition of PRESSURE was.

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.