Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (287908 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 1:56pm On Apr 20, 2008
It's an open secret that ManU are clearly aided by questionable refereeing helping them to successive titles. It occurs over and over again.

Now on to Kaka - it seems clearer and clearer that Grant lacks every logical, technical and tactical know-how known to man. He needs a hundred kakas and other fifa players of the year to cover for his tactical ineptitude.

We've been pretty lucky this season with chances to take the lead but Grant has managed to throw them all away. We now need ManU to drop at least 4 points while we must get the maximum 9.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 2:56pm On Apr 20, 2008
Mustay you are right. And now i know! Lol wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by slimnike(m): 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2008
This Our RAM is not Granting Us anything. For me i'm hopeless. I believe all True Blues should have that in mind as-well. We might just win NOTHING. sad sad sad sad
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mykali(m): 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2008
avram grant has to go. the draw with wigan was the last straw that he'd drawn. even if he wins the matches against man. u and liverpool, he ain't staying
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Cristalz(f): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2008
somze:

It's an open secret that ManU are clearly aided by questionable refereeing helping them to successive titles. It occurs over and over again.

Now on to Kaka - it seems clearer and clearer that Grant lacks every logical, technical and tactical know-how known to man. He needs a hundred kakas and other fifa players of the year to cover for his tactical ineptitude.

We've been pretty lucky this season with chances to take the lead but Grant has managed to throw them all away. We now need ManU to drop at least 4 points while we must get the maximum 9.

Spoken like a true biased under-dog grin So you call refereeing like the one against Pompey,and yesterday's ''help''? Dude,get real.Even the refs don't like United.We get through on skill,ability,drive and determination.Recognize the words? tongue Robber Styles must've known how terribly biased he was twaz United hence his not showing Rooney yellow or red.He knew Rooney had a right to be pissed.I'm not condoning Rooney's outburst,but i understand it.Trust me,Styles did too,the blind bat.

United needs y'all to drop at least 3 points,max 6 grin Seems more likely to happen too than your 'United dropping 4 points' scenario.

Whats the dilly-o with Avram anyway?The man's just being realistic.He knows its very possible that his team flops so he's not giving any false promises.I like the man jo grin Better to keep mum than yap like an over-fed parrot and start trying to apologize later.Abi na by force to talk to the press?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 10:52pm On Apr 20, 2008
@Mykali

Should SAF be sacked because he drew at Ewood Park?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 7:55am On Apr 21, 2008
Cristalz:

Spoken like a true biased under-dog grin So you call refereeing like the one against Pompey,and yesterday's ''help''? Dude,get real.Even the refs don't like United.We get through on skill,ability,drive and determination.Recognize the words? tongue Robber Styles must've known how terribly biased he was twaz United hence his not showing Rooney yellow or red.He knew Rooney had a right to be pissed.I'm not condoning Rooney's outburst,but i understand it.Trust me,Styles did too,the blind bat.

United needs y'all to drop at least 3 points,max 6 grin Seems more likely to happen too than your 'United dropping 4 points' scenario.

Whats the dilly-o with Avram anyway?The man's just being realistic.He knows its very possible that his team flops so he's not giving any false promises.I like the man jo grin Better to keep mum than yap like an over-fed parrot and start trying to apologize later.Abi na by force to talk to the press?

In your games against other top 4 teams at OT you have managed either to get a suspicious penalty call or the opposing player controversially sent off.

Ronaldo is given unnecessary protection by referees at the request of SAF.

Compare Roonie's outburst to Mascherano. . .

Man Utd has been known for years to be aided by referee controversial calls, sending offs and penalty decisions. This issue is incontrovertible.

We will meet at the bridge.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 8:26am On Apr 21, 2008
Is something wrong with Grant?

How can he tell the press that Gerrard is his favorite player? Why doesn't he go manage liverflukes then?

This is a let down to players at Chelsea. Grant is the dullest manager I've ever come across.

Avram Grant admits he would love to take Steven Gerrard to Chelsea after revealing his admiration for the Liverpool captain.

The Chelsea manager is preparing to face Gerrard and Liverpool in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final at Anfield on Tuesday in what could be a key match for his future at Stamford Bridge.

However, the Israeli has turned the spotlight on Gerrard and claims the impact the 27-year-old has on the Merseyside team makes him the best player in England if not in Europe.

Grant said: 'Gerrard is a great player and a great person.

'For me, he is the player of the year in England, and maybe in Europe, because of the influence he has on the team.

'I like him very much as a player and I know him.

'He is a nice guy and an example to others.

'He plays against me but he is still my favourite player.'

Chelsea have previously tried to sign Gerrard and Grant added: 'If you can bring him to me, I will be happy.'
Link
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 9:31am On Apr 21, 2008
Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has agreed to become Inter Milan manager and the Special One is eyeing a £35m double swoop for Stamford Bridge duo Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba. (The Sun and Daily Mirror)

Samuel Eto'o has threatened to quit Barcelona, putting Chelsea on red alert. "I want to win titles and if I can't do it here then it will be in another club," said the Cameroon striker. (The Sun)

Chelsea are looking to step up their £20m interest in Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery. (Daily Mail)

Chelsea will give Frank Lampard the option of flying up to Liverpool at the last minute for Tuesday's Champions League clash. The England midfielder's mother is seriously ill in hospital with pneumonia. (Daily Mirror)

Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has warned Rafael Benitez he has to deliver the Champions League or will be labelled a big-spending failure. (Daily Star)
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:35am On Apr 21, 2008
The Sun and Daily Mirror grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 9:49am On Apr 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZYfi_Ex_gM

<Chorus>
Blue is the colour, football is the game
We're all together and winning is our aim
So cheer us on through the sun and rain
Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name.
</Chorus>

Here at the Bridge, whether rain or fine
We can shine all the time
Home or away, come and see us play
You're welcome any day

<Chorus></Chorus>

Come to the Shed and we'll welcome you
Wear your blue and see us through
Sing loud and clear until the game is done
Sing Chelsea everyone.

<Chorus></Chorus>
<Chorus></Chorus>
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2008
Wetin dey worry Grant? I wonder how Lampard is feeling about the recent utterances he made about Gerrard. Gerrard is crap anyway, we don't want him at Chelsea. My guy, you wont be here next season, so please stop talking about the players you want. Hiddink is on his way.

All this talk about Ribery. Why didn't we buy him last season when he was available @ £17m. We went and bought Malouda instead. Anyway, there is no way Bayern will sell him for £20m just a season after buying him for £17m - a season in which he has been the best player in Germany by a country mile.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 1:56pm On Apr 21, 2008
smart stuff. Drogba buys a house @ milan; Inter employs his Godfather- J.M. Lamps could go to Barca. We need the likes of Ribery to run down defences. I just saw a headline - BENFICA WANTS GRANT. THAT'S D BEST NEWS (OR RUMOUR) THIS SEASON FOR US.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by sagajones: 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2008
am a great chelsea fan with all my life on a bet
believe funnies might still happen this season.

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mykali(m): 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2008
@bluehorizo

so u reeeaaallly reeeeaaaalllly want ''Grunt'' to stay? how can u compare him with SAF? he's always messed up in the big occassions and what's to say he wount do such against liverpool tomorrow?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2008
Mykali,not that i want him to stay but at least we should allow him to concentrate and finish his job for this season. Condemning him will only make him to lose focus. At least we need to trash those small boys for Sunday and also Liverbull.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2008
Liverpool boss Rafa Benítez has stirred things before tomorrow's Champions League semi-final first leg against Chelsea by claiming managers at Stamford Bridge are irrelevant - the Spaniard reckons Blues owner Roman Abramovich is the one who really runs the team.

Despite the problems in the Anfield boardroom at present nobody can doubt that when it comes to matters on the field Benítez is in charge.

But the Liverpool boss doesn't reckon the same holds true for his counterpart Avram Grant, nor the Israeli's predecessor José Mourinho.

Same Old Chelsea

“The key to them is Abramovich," he opined. "The only difference I see between Mourinho and Grant is in their Press conferences! I watched the game at Everton and they were playing the same as they always did.

"They have been in the final of the Carling Cup, they face us in the semi-finals of the Champions League and they are still in the race for the title. They have enough good players to win. So we must be really careful and have a lot of respect for them.

No Grant Grudges, No Mourinho Longing

"I don’t like to talk about Grant," continued the Spaniard when asked what he made of the Israeli's future at Chelsea. "As a manager, I have a lot of respect for him because he’s being correct. I have nothing bad to say.”

As for the Blues' previous boss: “The media might miss Mourinho, but not me,” smiled Benitez. “I have enough things to do in Liverpool now. At the end of the day, the players are the key more than the managers. Managers can talk before the game but, during the game, the players make the difference.

"We are important for the Press conferences to say something and some games, yes, the managers are important. But the best thing for a manager to do is not create any mess so the players can just play. We have strikers like Torres but they have Drogba - if he’s fit - and Anelka, who is a good player. You can say Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt, Babel or someone, could be the difference for us. But it’s also about the team working hard.”

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=667043
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nazzyon(m): 9:12pm On Apr 21, 2008
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by toshmann(m): 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2008
welcome to anfield cheesy
good to see you again grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2008
Anfield will be a slippery ground for you and a SHOCKER!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 6:07am On Apr 22, 2008
i was lisTening to JT in an interview and he said THE TEAM HAS GOT NO PROBLEMS. THEY SOLVE ALL THEIR PROBLEMS IN D DRESSING ROOM AND THE TEAM MEMBERS LAUGH WHENEVER THEY SEE STORIES THAT DEPICT INTERNAL CRISIS. TO HIM, GRANT IS NO PROBLEM!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 6:10am On Apr 22, 2008
that interview left me puzzled. he's talking to us all but my impression is that as captain, what else would he say? there might not be problems like he said but I don't think he's serious about Grant being a goodie.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 6:10am On Apr 22, 2008
that interview left me puzzled. he's talking to us all but my impression is that as captain, what else would he say? there might not be problems like he said but I don't think he's serious about Grant being a goodie.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 6:55am On Apr 22, 2008
I think JT is committed. I like that about him. Yes what else do we expect him to say as the captain? If it was Gallas i am sure he will cry all over the media.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by HNIC(m): 8:09am On Apr 22, 2008
bluehorizo:

I think JT is committed. I like that about him. Yes what else do we expect him to say as the captain? If it was Gallas i am sure he will cry all over the media.
Is it like you guys have a complex or something?
Would it not just be ok to say JT is commited and end it on that note than to compare him with Gallas,
Comparing him with WG or always having to say something about Arsenal always make u and ur fellow chavs look like you are suffering from some kind of complex tongue tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 8:18am On Apr 22, 2008
Did i just read COMPLEX? Gallas sat on the pitch after full-time when the Gunners let in a late penalty in a 2-2 draw at Birmingham and his style of captaincy has come under fire. What sort of captain is that? Cry babies. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 9:07am On Apr 22, 2008
mind not HNIC. NA guilty conscience do am!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by HNIC(m): 9:10am On Apr 22, 2008
@ Bluehorizo
You make me laugh.
So JT is the perfect example of a captain
A captain that held the hand of a referee when he was about to give a red card
If it had been Eboue, maybe the Press would have called for him to be deported from UK grin grin grin
Guess you have forgotten that he has been stripped(for now) of his england captaincy because he is perceived as being a player who doesn't show example as per respecting refereeing decisions.
Oh, about 5 years ago, did u read about his escapades with Jody Morris?
or his escapades with call girls sometimes last year,
Spare me, everyone is laying on Gallas because he showed emotions.
I have seen a lotta players cry on the football field,Maradona,Gazza,Southgate,etc, even Sunday Oliseh wept at the national stadium in 2000 when we lost the ANC on penalties to Cameroun.
Leave WG alone.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 9:30am On Apr 22, 2008
@ HNIC,

Stop clutching at straws.
How can u compare Gallas' petulance with Maradona, Gazza and Sunday Oliseh crying on the pitch.
Gallas left his teammates when he should be rallying his team and defending the outcome of McFadden's penalty kick.
Your captain was throwing tantrums and kicked the hoardings of St. Andrews whiole kids were watching(his stud marks are still there).
The idiot even refused to get off the pitch after the match was over. . . It took gay Wenger 3 mins to get him off the pitch!!!
Now. . . .tell me any player in the world who has shown similar idiocy in world football. grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by eldee(m): 10:01am On Apr 22, 2008
@Jackal
Considering the fact that it was even a League game and not a Cup Final, I think that's commitment at its best
For goodness, sake, that's the height of passion for your team
He was kicking the boards because he was thirty for the title

Did he start firing dangerous shots at young kids in the Everton fans' stand like Gary Neville?
And to think the young boy paid for a full ticket to watch the match.
The poor kid almost died of heart attack, that shot Neville took was hotter than any freekick Carlos has ever taken in his career grin

Keano said it recently that if not for Holy Ghost power in him, he would have studded the faces of Crystal Palace fans
In fact, he was still in the club when he tongue-trashed the whole team in front of the press.
Calling Rooney overpaid, Ronaldo this, Ferd that

Have you ever heard of Billy swearing at Pat Rice
The jornalist that witnessed it found those swear words unprintable grin

JT makes Roy Keane look like a saint, the way he kicks and pulls like there's no tomorrow
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by HNIC(m): 11:00am On Apr 22, 2008
@ Jackal
We all show emotions in different ways.
The only action which Gallas took which was overboard was when he sat down at Birmingham's end of the pitch while the penalty was being taken.
Apart from that, he was angry at Clichy and should be.
An innocous looking pass to him should have been dealt with easily and he blew it.
He was lucky I wasn't the captain, I would have dealt him a hot slap  grin grin grin grin
Seriously speaking, no one is perfect even as a captain.
TH14 would castigate Hleb and Reyes openly for not passing the ball to him,
Paddy and Keano(both captains) fought in the dressing room and also on the pitch.
G.Neville made a disgusting gesture at Liverpool supporters.
J.T behaves like a thug on the field. grin
So many examples.
WG should at least be commended for breaking up Ade and Bendtner's fight instead of joining one side.
I can imagine what would have happenned at White Hart Lane. grin grin grin
Go on Gallas tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 11:16am On Apr 22, 2008
@ Eldee and HNIC,

You guys are completely missing the point!!!!
There's a thin line between success and failure.
Roy Keane/Vieira/Gary Neville/John Terry all led their teams to the title with fire in their bellies. . .
I am afraid, Gallas does not even come close to them as a leader of MEN. . . .

Do u really think his petulant behaviour would have mattered if Arsenal had won the league? The obvious answer is NO!!!!
No one would have cared if Gallas had slapped Clichy or drop-kicked the Referee for giving the penalty if Arsenal were in the pole position today.
The difference between Gallas and Neville is so CLEAR. . . . Gazza is a winner, Gallas is a loser.
Whats the point showing passion and losing out in all competitions in one season?

I am sick n tired of hearing Gallas is passionate. . . . . Can u explain why he kicked Nani? Is that passion?
Why am i even dragging this with y'all? Arsene Wenger is already re-considering Gallas' status as the captain.
I wont be surprised if its given to Cesc Fabregas or Kolo Toure. . . . Gallas as a captain failed Arsenal.
Who knows what coulda happened if Toure or Lehmann was Arsenal's captain this season. . . Arsenal lost the plot after Gallas' petulance!!!
P.S. Please, never compare Gallas with Keano, Paddy, Gazza or JT. . . . They all led their respective clubs to win titles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.