Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,607 members, 7,861,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:55 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290037 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 11:38am On Apr 22, 2008
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba says he and his teammates are not at all worried about Liverpool scuppering their plans to lift this year's Champions League trophy. The Ivorian fully expects to be celebrating in Moscow next month.

No Fear

“We’ve nothing to be scared of," he told The Sun ahead of tonight's first leg at Anfield. “I’m not in the least bit worried about them. They may have beaten us in the last two Euro semis but this Chelsea team is perfectly capable of winning at Anfield. And how absolutely beautiful that would be!”

Strong Start Required

And by starting strongly tonight the striker believes Chelsea can extinguish the atmosphere and set things up perfectly to deliver the knock-out blow down in London.

“The key is to get hold of the tie at Anfield from the start," he explained. "And I think it’s also vital that this semi will be decided at Stamford Bridge, which neither of our two previous defeats to Liverpool have been.

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2008
Chelsea boss Avram Grant insisted that morale is high at the Bridge, and hit out at what he sees as media interference that tries to imply the contrary,

The Israeli boss told Chelsea TV, "The mood is fantastic, the atmosphere is fantastic, the players behave as they need to behave. Everything is good."

He added that there was a bunker mentality around the club that sought to turn media rumour-mongering on its head.

"I learn one thing in Chelsea is that some people from outside have an agenda to hurt us and to create a story that never happened," he seethed.

"If we were not like this we would not be in second place, we would not be in the semi-final of the Champions League, we would not be unbeaten more than any team in the Premier League.

"The players are not even angry. They are almost laughing because you need to be of a creative mind to create stories like this."

As well as morale being high in the dressing room, the manager closed by insisting that the rapport between the squad and the fans was as strong as ever.

"They speak about the supporters that don't support us. Most of the supporters support us. We play for them, we play for the last supporter who is in the last row," he insisted.

"I believe in that, we are doing it for them, they are doing it for us. They need to respect us, we need to respect them, and together we will do it."
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by eldee(m): 11:55am On Apr 22, 2008
@Jackal
I told you many times already, you're getting too predictable, I was even using a stopwatch to count how long before u metion our trophyless season cheesy cheesy
Anywayz, I don't blame you, it's Wenger I blame. . .if only he listened to Billy's plea to buy more players
Billy was a title challenging captain in a team that had just lost three strong players (Henry, Pires, Ljungberg)
He drove the team pushed the team harder than Henry did

Come to think of it, he's being a captain for just one season and u're saying he failed Arsenal
Blimey!!!this dude brought out the best in Walcott, Fabreagas, Clichy and the rest of the team
Because we faild to cross the thin line, which was even Wenger's fault, u're putting the blame on him
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by illusion2: 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2008
Liverpool 5: 0 Chelsea tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 1:09pm On Apr 22, 2008
@ Eldee,

May thunder fire your keyboard!!!

Gallas brung out the best in which players?
Fabregas? Walcott? Clichy? Why not include Adebayor, Almunia and Eduardo?
Blimey. . . . I should also say Gary Neville(without kicking a ball) brung out the best in Ronaldo, Anderson and Rio!!!! grin grin grin

Take off your rose tinted specs for once.
Arsenal failed to cross the finish line was due to Gallas' petulance. . . . U dont need rocket science to figure that out.
All he had to do against the Brummies was to cheer Clichy up and support Almunia. . . his confidence might have rattled McFadden!!!
Did u see Rio blaming Wes Brown for bringing down the Roma player @ OT? What happened afterwards? The plonker blew his chance!!!

William Gallas should learn to be a leader.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by HNIC(m): 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2008
@ Eldee
u took the words outta my mouth.
Billy has only been captain for one season.
U would have thought he has led arsenal for the last 3 seasons
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 2:07pm On Apr 22, 2008
Only in Arsenal can somebody just walk into a team and become captain.

Well, thats french connection.

Can he shout on Ricardo and Terry in Chelsea?

Fortunately, he caused most of the goals that wreck Arsenal's season.

He claimed his friends are in Chelsea NOt arsenal.

He forgot that Theo, Clichy and the rest are fellow Collegues NOT servants.

Respect begat Respect.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Uby40(m): 3:09pm On Apr 22, 2008
Wow, its so kool to know that Nigerians are still keeping the faith on Chelsea fc, ya'll needed to watch our darling team train on Sunday morning, although it rained a little, the team went on training, and no one needed shelter, i must say we are in so much high spirit at the moment,and we are not going to Anfield to mope, but we are going all out to shop for goals, watch out for Didier Drogba, when he dismisses questions from the press, he comes out with the good,and he's done that again for over foure training sessions now. Franky never trained on sunday morning, but i heard he'll join the team at Anfield, I believe we'll get it right this time. Lets give Granta chance, at least till the end of this season.

Peace out folks.

I'm a Blues Boy, come winter,summer or stormy weather.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by vikiviko(m): 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2008
Its a make or mar game, there is no hiding place for the Reds at Anfield.At the end of the day, there fans will walk alone.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2008
It's time my people. Liverpool has been overly confindent andd they might be surprised and what makes it worse is Benitez's comments earlier in the week. Well we have to wait and see.

The key to winning this tie, in my opinion is to score at least 2 times at anfield. If we do then we have done a good job as we can consolidate at the Bridge. If we don't score up to twice, it will be difficult to win the 2 legs. The guys have to come together for once and decide to win this. Everyone must be in their best forms. It's has to be this time around we push the away. If we win them we will win the Champions League.

It's time to show our best!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2008
@illusion2

You are really under illusion. cheesy cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nazzyon(m): 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2008
Chelsea is my favourite in todays' match. I am tired of seeing Liverpool in the finals.

Goodluck to you guys
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by illusion2: 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2008
'horizo
Na u get ur key board o !!  grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by presido1: 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2008
how come nobodi is analysing the game.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by presido1: 8:28pm On Apr 22, 2008
Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll numba one more is coming
man United V Liverfool in Moscow
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:28pm On Apr 22, 2008
That was Lampard fault
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by jaybee3(m): 8:29pm On Apr 22, 2008
dirk kuyt with a brilliant low shot
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:29pm On Apr 22, 2008
Here we go again
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nazzyon(m): 8:33pm On Apr 22, 2008
Na Rob them Rob Chelsea.

There is a chance for a draw in this match.

And I think if anyone would win it will be Chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 8:35pm On Apr 22, 2008
We are still much in the game. No Shaking boys!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 8:36pm On Apr 22, 2008
Lampard need to be fined 1 month wages for that nonsense. £140,000 a week? You're having a laugh!

Drogba is playing well, Ferreira is maintaining. I can see the reason for playing Malouda rather than Kalou. He is more defensively aware. Apart from that, we need to buck up our ideas.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:36pm On Apr 22, 2008
First half gone and I am being reminded of this all over again. Someone needs to explain to me what Lampard was trying to do there.
Drogba's passes are the most awful for a striker.
Mr Tweedy has been terrible.

I hope the 2nd half turns around . . . we need a goal
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 8:42pm On Apr 22, 2008
Makalele has to take more responsibility for the goal. That is no way to defend.

Obi would give more fluidity and possibly bring our midfield into d game.

We need to take control.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2008
@Ibime
We need Ideas like you said. .  Kalou should come in for Malouda. . he is just a waste of selection.
A million pound mistake is what Lamps has made. . because we need 2 goals all of a sudden to make up for that mistake.

Well I had always thot we need 2 goals at Anfield if we intend to qualify.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2008
@Somze

Are you saying Maka should be blamed for the goal?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nazzyon(m): 8:47pm On Apr 22, 2008

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 8:49pm On Apr 22, 2008
@ nateevs,

Frank Lampard should be blamed.
He is an idiot not doing the simple thing. . . . . .PUT THE DANGER AWAY, ASK QUESTIONS LATER.
His stupidity at the edge of the box allowed the Scousers to nick the ball thus putting Claude Makalele in an uncompromising position.

I just hope Chelsea turns this around cos u have been the better side in the opening exchanges.
If only Joe Cole had taken his chance and Carragher's rugby tackle on Drogba. . . . .
Dont despair, son. . . . . . .Just a goal. . . . U need just a goal to open up Liverpool like chicken cordon bleu!! cheesy grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nazzyon(m): 8:55pm On Apr 22, 2008
Chelsea is doing the right thing what they need now is a goal.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2008
@Mr Grant

Remove Ballack nowww

Well done ricardo
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nazzyon(m): 8:59pm On Apr 22, 2008
Torres just dey fight Karate
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2008
Where is Anelka We need result here! Malouda should go get some rest. Bring in The Sulks.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2008
@ Akolawole,

Are u watching this game at all?
Remove Ballack or remove Lamps?
Lampard is hobbling around like a pregnant buffalo. . . . He has allowed Alonso and Mascherano to dominate the midfield.

Chelsea's best bet is to use the long ball. . . . .
Cech should start their one-way football. . . . Defence to Attack: One pass . . . . Cech to Drogba(one pass)!!!
Chelsea can still win this game. . . . I wanna see Anelka and Drogba rattle the Liverpool defence(they have been too comfy at the back).

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.