Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,262 members, 7,864,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:02 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290262 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2008
Mr Grant must not blow this o

7 days to decide our season
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nazzyon(m): 9:50pm On Apr 22, 2008
Akolawole:

Who is the Man of the match?

Cech or Ricardo or Maka?

RIISE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2008
@ Akolawole,

Solomon Kalou should be named the MOTM.
He brought urgency into Chelsea's gameplay. . .
His cross was peach and had Riise on double minds. . . .Riise is a left-footed player so he couldn't clear with his right leg. .
If he leaves it. . . . .Anelka would tear the net!!!!!!

God Bless That Ivorien. He saved the day for Chelsea and GRANT should be applauded.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:53pm On Apr 22, 2008
somze:

Maka was irreasponsible in this game. Caused d goal and beaten easily by gerrard almost causing another.

heroic of lampard to play from injury.

Somze I really do not agree with what you are saying. Why do you have so much love for Lampard that you can't even fault him? You said Maka would have caused ANOTHER.
Are you still insisting he caused the first goal. You are the only one I am seeing with that opinion.

Secondly Lampard was not injured. He was at the bed side of his ailing mother. . . and he did not train with the team on Sunday. . before they travelled on Monday. Naturally he should not start but grant does not have the guts.

I also do not know what was heroic of his performance tonite. He was utterly awful.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2008
John Arne Riise! There's only one Arne Riise
John Arne Riiiiiiiiiiiiise! There's only one Arne Riise!

[size=16pt]GOD DEY OUR SIDE[/size]

It is about time Liverpool got a taste of their own medicine. Benitez will not know what to do in the second leg. He has to come and score a goal at the Bridge. Something he has never done in his life.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2008
@Akola

I will take Cech as the MOTM. He made crucial saves. Ricardo bailed out Terry many times.

@Jackal
I also agree with the point about Kalou bringing in urgency but not MOTM.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by doyin13(m): 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2008
rubbish match. . .two rubbish teams

I hope Barca does us a favor and wins this trophy.

Me thinks Pompey is needed in this competition cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ituen(m): 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2008
Cech na man of the match oh. No player was outstanding except cavalho

The game was very dull and i was angry that liverpool scored. No chances at all and all the chances were wasted

I dont blame both teams sha. premiership and CL former games musta made it dull.

CHELSEA TOO MUCH

Liverpool go hear am for SB
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2008
@ nateevs,

I was about rating Grant 9/10 then i remembered he shouldn't have played Lampard. . .
So, Grant's rating has dropped to 7.

Lampard was shyte throughout the game save for the pass he fed Joey in the 1st half.
He had the room to clear the ball out and got his pocket picked by Liverpool. . . . . .

Anyways, it hardly matters anymore. . . . . .Liverpool don't have a good record at SB so its already wrapped up for u.
However, Petr Cech's wages should be doubled this week. . . . His dive to save Gerrard's volley was top notch. wink wink wink

@ Doyin13,

Did u see the game or ur usual radio commentary?
This must be the best game Liverpool n Chelsea have played in 5 years.
It wasn't a boring game. . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ituen(m): 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2008
Carvalho shld ask for increase on his wages.

The guy na 4 defenders put together. He was just covering JT and MAK
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2008
Lampard's set-pieces were unproductive. He caused the goal. Imagine when DD found him in space inside the area but the he only took a heavy touch and the ball went out for a goal-kick. He was not in the game.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2008
Lampard should be sold this summer. . . . .He is a waste of space.
Essien would have been more productive today.
Fat Frank kept misplacing his passes. . . . . .His salary should be halved.
Tell u what. . . . .all the English players wearing the BLUE SHIRT were shyte today.
Joe Cole, Cashley, Lampard and even Terry. . . . . .they got overwhelmed by the occasion. . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by illusion2: 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2008
Riise should be shot !

But not to worry Chelvski remains our wife any day.

Second leg ends 1:1 the great Liverpool goes through on penalties  tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by doyin13(m): 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2008
these two teams are poor.

Grant thinks like a Cricket playing Paki. What the hell was Malouda doing on the field.

And as for Liverpool. I hope these sojourns in the C-League stop and he gets sacked for bungling their League campaigns.

He gives Chelsea, Arsenal and United a free ride in the League. Such an illustrious club without a league title in Bleep knows how long.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2008
@Jackal,

I am happy with the results but we need to score at SB to go through. Let us not forget that Liverpool can score at SB even though they haven't done that in years.

Lampard. . let's not talk about that. Only Grant plays a player that did not train with the team.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2008
illusion2:

Riise should be shot !

But not to worry Chelvski remains our wife any day.

Second leg ends 1:1 the great Liverpool goes through on penalties tongue

Under illusion. cheesy cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2008
@ nateevs,

U dont have to score to WIN the tie.
0-0 would do but to be on the safe side. . . .Y'all need to pop a goal.
I am confident u will beat Liverpool at the Bridge. . . . .They have blown this tie just like the Arses did a fortnight ago.

0-0 result would have been okay for em but now. . . .it will take a biblical miracle for em to WIN.
The focus now shifts to Man Utd and Barcelona.
Damn. . . . . .what the HOLY TRINITY will do to Barca's defence makes me drooooooooool!!!!

@ Doyin13,

Stop talking like a dork.
United have clearly overtaken Liverpool as far as finances are concerned.
They are technically living on old glory just like Nottingham Forest and maybe Aston Villa.
First all, they need a bigger stadium to generate huge revenue and they need big players. . . . .
Geddit?  Where is Pompey on the league table?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2008
Nateevs
if we had any other player in maka's spot at that goal it would have been prevented. Maka shoulders d responsibility more than any member of d team.

lampard came from injury to play full time - a heroic gesture if we ever had one.

our midfield was jaded and hardly found drogba with great passes. We had 5 midfielders so y blame lampard for our display. Maka was beaten easily, ballack does not cut thru, joe cole is mia, malouda is well . . . Malouda

however i think mentality was our problem. We came to defend but we would have tried to possess more, still results were good so no qualms.

welldone players.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2008
Nateevs
you are much too anti-lampard and pro man utd, do u need a red shirt?

u r d only one in blue claimin our display was lampard's fault and his inclusion affected d game negatively.

it is as if u speak for someone else. Club loyalty seems to be ever diminishing.

akola have u noticed this?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2008
@Somze.

Maka did not get there because he had his back on goal (keeping the off-side line) while Kuyt had his front on goal. . .   no player would have gotten to the ball before Kuyt kicked it. However, no player would have been put in that position if Lampard had cleared the ball. Maka did the same thing in the 2nd half that almost caused Gerrard to score. . . but you don't think Lampard should be balmed for the same mistake. .

Secondly Lampard was not injured. . was neva injured. So there was nothing heroic. . he was pathetic on the contrary.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2008
@ nateevs,

Wait. . . . .wait . . . wait.
If Grant takes Chelsea to the UCL final. . . . . .would u say he has done more than Mourinho at Chelsea?
Just a thunk, just a thunk!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:37pm On Apr 22, 2008
@ Somze,

Make you take your time o! How can you blame Maka for the goal. Maka did not go full in for the tackle cos Kuyt's body was between himself and the ball. If he had gone in full, he would have conceded the penalty easily.

Please, it was easily Lampard's fault for the goal. If you like make you go watch the replay 10 times. Lampard should have been in Hospital with his mum, not on the pitch. Take the scale off your eyes.

Why Ballack just dey stroll sef? Abeg, Essien has to replace him in the second leg. His legs are not strong enough for top level football anymore.

Malouda deserves to keep his place in the second leg. Joe Cole was anonymous and should be replaced with Kalou in the second leg. It is obvious they could not deal with Kalou's pace. All we need to do in the second leg is sit-back and ping balls up to Drogba and wait for Kalou, Malouda and Lampard to catch up with him.

Anyway, all being said, psychologically, this is a big shift in our favour.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by WarfyBoy(m): 10:43pm On Apr 22, 2008
Jackal.:

@ nateevs,

Wait. . . . .wait . . . wait.
If Grant takes Chelsea to the UCL final. . . . . .would u say he has done more than Mourinho at Chelsea?
Just a thunk, just a thunk!!!!!

NO!!! NOT AT ALL, THEY R BOTH DIFFERENT PIPO, I LOV JM 4 HIS AKTIONS N AVRAM IS JUST THERE, MAYBE HE JUST HAD LUCK ON HIS SIDE.

I STILL PREFER JM ANYTIME

UP CHELSEA, I KNO KALOU WAS GOING TO DO IT.

AVRAM SHLD STOP PLAYIN MALOUDA, I NEVA LIKE DT GUY SHYYYT
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:44pm On Apr 22, 2008
somze:

Nateevs
you are much too anti-lampard and pro man utd, do u need a red shirt?

you're d only one in blue claimin our display was lampard's fault and his inclusion affected d game negatively.

it is as if u speak for someone else. Club loyalty seems to be ever diminishing.

akola have u noticed this?

I am anti Lampard because I should be. . . Just like you are anti Kalou. .
Secondly you miss the point. . . I singled out Lampard performance as awful . . . There's no where I said we were awful because of lampard. And awful he was just like Malouda and Ashley Cole. I will not be one of those that say a player played well when he obviously didn't. .

What is it that makes you say Kalou was a jerk today (It's alright to say that) and then saying Lampard was a jerk raises a question over your loyalty.? At least you said Maka did not play well. Does that define anything about your loyalty?

Thirdly you think I am the only blue that think Lampard caused the goal? Common Somze!!!!

Fourthly . . If I am friends with ManU fans does not mean I am pro ManU. . . I remember you saying during the season you preferred Arsenal winning to ManU . . does that mean you are pro Arsenal. .

Lastly, why do you have to ask Akola about my Loyalty. . . ? also you think I am speaking for someone else?

I can't believe you said all this.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by WarfyBoy(m): 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2008
I AM HAPY WE DREW, AT LEAST WE AV D UPPER HAND

CHELSEA IS GOIN TO D FINAL DIS TIME

GRANT IS JUST ANOTHER LUCKY GOOD HEAD

UP CHELSEA

BLUEZZZ 4 LIFE
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:51pm On Apr 22, 2008
@Jackal

It will be hard to say he did more than JM. . you can say he got to a final that JM didn't with Chelsea. . but JM won 5 trophies. . maybe after two more years, you can make a direct comparism. . now!!!! no way, even if he wins the Champions league.

Back to Back Championship is no joke.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:59pm On Apr 22, 2008
Maka jumped carelessly, he did not have to, he would have got d ball. He was very irresponsible.

i maintain that any other player in maka's position would have prevented that goal. Maka is past his prime. Lampard has 18 goals irrespective of his numerous injuries, he has even scored 4 goals in a game against a premiership side, played more consecutive hours in epl, u wanna comapare him wit any other player?

true fans dont speak like reds condemning untouchables at d slightest opportunity. They have their mind, their thoughts and their words. Jm was friends wit saf but how scarcely they publicly agreed on issues. You speak like d red, u should consider ur position.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 11:08pm On Apr 22, 2008
@ Somze, abeg watch the goal again before you come here spouting rubbish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha8k1WzkrWM

Maybe you watched the match in black and white in a crowded bar and your viewing was disturbed.

I am also ready for Lampard to leave. Bleep that untouchables shit. You may love Lampard but he doesn't love you cos he turned down #135,000 a week. He should Bleep off abeg. He isn't good enough to earn that kind of money. Even Barca are getting ready to sell Ronaldinho, Deco et al. Why? Because they have come to the end of a cycle. We have also come to the end of a cycle. Bleep living in yesteryear. You are here talking about the 4 goals Lamps scored against Derby like we should be impressed. What has he done since? Straight after that game against Derby, he was quick to hold us to ransom over a new contract. Bleep him. We are at the end of a cycle and Drogba and Lamps are part of that process. I thought Drogba played well today - but if you listen to the radio today, Chelsea fans are lambasting Drogba for his poor performances. You are out of touch - stop living in yesteryear. The untouchables era is over.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal1(m): 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2008
@ nateevs,

It seems only Christ can do more than JM in the eyes of y'all Chelski fans.
What can Grant do to win the hearts of u Chelskites? Take Chelsea to the world cup and win? grin grin grin
Are u aware Jose wouldn't have pushed Chelsea this far if he was in Grant's shoes?

Look at the injury list since Grant joined in September. . .
Nations cup also came in between. . . . . . Drogba at crossroads whether he should do his surgery.
Terry, Cech, Cudiccini etc all out injured at a point in time. . .

Ma nigga. . . . . Be sincere, the Zionist has tried. . . .no one gave him a chance.

@ Ibime,

Touche.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2008
@Somze

What exactly is it that makes you think Maka jumped carelessly . . and Lampard did ok?
Lampard should have cleared that ball. . . Simple. He caused the goal

Secondly are you saying some players can not be blamed because they are untouchable ? but it is fair to say Maka jumped carelessly, Kalou should be sold, SWP is a waste of space and sidwell should not be here. .  

Thirdly, are you saying Lampard actually caused the goal but because we must not speak like a red, then we should blame it on someone else. . or because he is an untouchable we should blame in on someone else. .  

I am not that type of fan. . . when it's wrong . . it's wrong.

Wait a minute . . . I can't count aw many names we called Roman several names on this forum when he sacked JM. By your standards we should not say anything to him at all. . afterall we were almost going under when he rescued and spent 100s of millions. So what is it that makes it fine to call Roman names even though he brought us success with his money and then when you call Lampard names, you speak like a red and you are not loyal. . no way somze!!!

Why is it right to say Grant is nonsense?. . afterall he is our coach, we can't remove him and there's nothing we can do about it but support him. .

Commonnn!!!!!

Maka has passed his prime . . fine!!! he is 34. and so has Lamps. . and Drogba as well . .
Lampard has scored 18 goals this season . . . good!!!! despite his injuries. . but like I said before, there is no point scoring 4 against derby and disappearing in a champions league game. . . He is not as good and when he leaves at the end of the season which he will, you and I will see that he will not not make any good wherever he goes . . even if he joins Jose at inter. .  

Lamps has been good in the past to chelsea. . . but if we have to look forwards, we have to . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2008
@Jackal

It becomes very tricky to rate Grant achievements . . very good he's reached the semis of the Champions League. . but we all know he's not that good tactically. .

Through the times of injuries and ACn he had no choice than to make the best use of what he had left. Soon as players came back from injuries and ACN he could not figure it out. . he could not manage then number. . fights broke out in camp over player choice. . players got angry when subbed. . all this is bad mangement. .

So comparing his achievements will be tricky . . maybe when he buys his players and if he is allowed to saty 2 yearsm you can then compare. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nazzyon(m): 11:33pm On Apr 22, 2008
Jackal.:

@ nateevs,

It seems only Christ can do more than JM in the eyes of y'all Chelski fans.
What can Grant do to win the hearts of u Chelskites? Take Chelsea to the world cup and win? grin grin grin
Are u aware Jose wouldn't have pushed Chelsea this far if he was in Grant's shoes?

Look at the injury list since Grant joined in September. . .
Nations cup also came in between. . . . . . Drogba at crossroads whether he should do his surgery.
Terry, Cech, Cudiccini etc all out injured at a point in time. . .

Ma nigga. . . . . Be sincere, the Zionist has tried. . . .no one gave him a chance.

@ Ibime,

Touche.

May be what they need the guy to do is sacrifice himself on the field for them to see. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mourinho had access to enough financial support but it was another story for Avram Grant.

With Avram facing not only management issue, he is still coping with problems from both the footballers and fans who are not ready to support him. He overcame must of the challenges on the field.

Honestly, the guy deserved to be praised for his achievements so far.

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.