Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,867 members, 7,862,883 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:18 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290171 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2008
ballack 's improved at the latter stage of the season.

i think COLE deserved it!

the mind games show the team has got 95% confidence level cool cool

loserpool's coach tried it on us during JM"S era
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 2:20pm On May 09, 2008
Mustay:

ballack 's improved at the latter stage of the season.

i think COLE deserved it!

the mind games show the team has got 95% confidence level cool cool

loserpool's coach tried it on us during JM"S era

Sell Carvalho ke? I just dey try announce his possible value to scare them off. . . . no sale for here come back in 2011. .

Mind games. . . ? I think we have not done enough!!! We should put all pressure possible on Fergie, referee, FA, Ronaldo, anybody due for some. . ,

Bottom line . . . ManU must surrender!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 3:13pm On May 09, 2008
Abi,

Let's start crying about how opposing teams never get penalties when playing against Man Utd.

Or Ronaldo is a diver. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by presido1: 3:35pm On May 09, 2008
Somze you can as well release it as single or album, noffin do us.
Wigan is down already. If propaganda can win a match Biafra could have won the civil war.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dangermous: 4:04pm On May 09, 2008
presido1:

Somze you can as well release it as single or album, noffin do us.
Wigan is down already. If propaganda can win a match Biafra could have won the civil war.

Na wa o. I don confirm wetin I dey suspect since

United fans dey fear say dem go 4ck up for Wigan.

Me I no mind make dem win the league as long as we beat them for Moscow.

But to collect the two together no go bad sha.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 6:04pm On May 09, 2008
[size=16pt]Chelsea Join Veloso Race[/size]

Portuguese news daily Record reports that Chelsea are interested in signing Sporting defensive midfielder Miguel Veloso,

The Portuguese international has been an ever-present figure in the Lions' midfield and is reported to have won an array of admirers across Europe.

Newcastle are reported to have made an offer in the region of €20 million for the 21-year-old, but it is believed that Sporting rejected the bid made by The Magpies.

Being able to land the Sporting star's signature is no foregone conclusion, therefore, as Manchester United and Arsenal are known to be interested in him.

Chelsea are now the latest club to join the race for Veloso. The Blues are reportedly interested in a replacement for the aging Claude Makelelé and the Portuguese seems to be their top priority.

Veloso has been under the spotlight of Chelsea's scouts for quite some time now, and he is expected to be watched during the club's last two fixtures of the season, against Boavista and FC Porto.

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 6:45pm On May 09, 2008
[size=16pt]Chelsea Boss Scoops First Award[/size]

Chelsea boss Avram Grant has been named April's manager of the month, with Aston Villa midfielder Ashley Young named player of the month.

Chelsea drew once and won three league matches, including the 2-1 success over Manchester United which has taken the title to the final day of the season.

United head the table on goal difference and face an away match at Wigan, while the Blues host Bolton.

It is the first time either Grant or Young have won the monthly award.

Young scored three goals in the month, two coming in his side's 5-1 derby demolition of Birmingham and the other in the 6-0 hammering of Derby.

The Villans finish their season with a trip to West Ham on Sunday knowing that a win, coupled with a defeat for Everton against Newcastle, would see them finish fifth and qualify for next season's Uefa Cup.

As well as the crucial win at home to United, Chelsea won 1-0 at Everton and 2-0 at Newcastle United.

Chelsea's only dropped points came at Stamford Bridge in the 1-1 draw with Wigan.

Aston Villa complete their season with a trip to West Ham on Sunday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7393054.stm

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 7:18pm On May 09, 2008
@Bluehorizo

When are you going to stop copy& paste?

This is plaigirism at the highest level.

Give the link and your opinion. Simple!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by funkybaby(f): 7:22pm On May 09, 2008
@akolawole
I thought you said you were going on sabbatical. sad

Anyway, i'm missing you. kiss smiley Come back. E jo.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 8:04pm On May 09, 2008
na today Akola don dey o sabbatical ? undecided

abeg leave am . . .THE OLD MAN NEEDS REST JARE grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:32am On May 10, 2008
@Funky

I just dey on Sabatical from Travel threads jare UNTIL WE PUT OUR HOUSE IN ORDER there.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:44am On May 10, 2008
Haaa Akola,

woman dey come find you all the way from lipsrsealed thread

You hottt o grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Uby40(m): 11:30am On May 10, 2008
who laughs last?

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 11:31am On May 10, 2008
Grant thinks Title Race should be decided by playoffs not goal difference
[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3545648,00.html]Sky Sports Link[/url]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Uby40(m): 12:49pm On May 10, 2008
this aint the championship division.
that wud never happen
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 1:13pm On May 10, 2008
ummmmmhhhhhh What is this?

CHELSEA SIGN BOSINGWA?

http://www.ojogo.pt/

Chelsea have reportedly signed José Bosingwa da Silva. . . . the 25 year-old right back from FC Porto for 20m Euros. .

According to what I heard. . . this is a very reliable site that broke the news of Anderson and Nani. .
It's in spanish and so una no fit read am. . . but you will see the gist

Translation dey come. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 1:15pm On May 10, 2008
Guy, I don't speak swahili tongue

Translate sharp sharp grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 1:18pm On May 10, 2008
Please before you all crucify me for this translation . . . no be me do am oooo. . .
I lifted this from some site. . . really strange english . . . Just imagine it's PIDGIN and flow with it. . . then make we discuss the reason or potential of the signing. .

Wait a minute !!! When did we start doing things discretely?

Translation from the site:

"Bosingwa will be player of the Chelsea from the next season. The agreement was stamped yesterday, to the end of the afternoon, with the administration of the porting society of the FC Porto, that guaranteed a financial rabbet of 20 million euros. The business will have to be officialized monday and its terms communicated for both the emblems to the authorities of the Stock market.

Not being a surprise, because the club of the Russian millionaire Roman Abramovich already had been cited enters some candidates to receive the lateral, the truth is that the Chelsea finished for being discreter, lesto and more convincing in the boarding, presenting the 20 million euros that, as the GAME wrote, were had as base for the appreciation of proposals. Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Juventus and Bayern de Munique had been other emblems associates the Bosingwa, being distinguished, over all, the two English clubs. England is, of fact, the destination - and it was also the championship of the preference of Bosingwa - but, instead of Manchester or Liverpool, the lateral follows for London, joining itself it the Chelsea of, until seeing, Pablo Blacksmith, Ricardo Carvalho and Hilário.

Although to have renewed it has few weeks with Pablo Blacksmith, the Chelsea, finalista of Liga of the Champions and also candidate to the English heading, it has felt difficulties to find a consistent solution for the right side of the defense, forcing some adaptations. Pablo Blacksmith, who curiously also relieved 20 million to the portistas, has been something irregular, although to have profit some breath since that Avram Grant substituted Jose Mourinho.

To the 25 years - complete 26 in August -, Bosingwa guarantees a contract millionaire, having to legalize a linking five year. More: it decides the future before following for the European, detail that, surely, will be of the affability of Scolari. Unquestionable option of Jesualdo, the lateral participated in 23 games of the championship and marked one golo. Bosingwa was contracted to the Boavista at the beginning of time 2003/04, worked with Jose Mourinho and, although episódicas experiences in the Boavista de Jaime Pacheco, were affirmed in definitive as lateral in the FC Porto.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 1:26pm On May 10, 2008
Oh well . . . i tried

How good is this guy?

I know nothing of him.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 1:38pm On May 10, 2008
I have seen him play one or two times. . .didn't really pay a lot of attention. .but I noticed he's got good feet. I personally like him because he's got some BRAZIL in him . . . . I know that's not all there is to a defender, but if a defender can make moves like his. . . then you can be assured of good and quality football in attack. . and perhaps more goals. .

I always like the idea of the more goal scorers in a team, the better. .

This is a youtube I got on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUaI7XoPgDE
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 2:02pm On May 10, 2008
I've seen that face before . . . he seems to know how to handle the ball but he wont get goals as easier as that in the EPL.

He seems frail though, so I'm not sure of his strength. Defensively I do not know, but I agree with you, he seems like a chap that would favor an attractive style of play, though I would have wanted miguel or ramos. He's age is good though.

What do you think?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 2:16pm On May 10, 2008
As opposed to what you said somze, "Bosingwa's main traits are his quickness and stamina" (Wikipedia). .

I haven't seen him play too many times to make a safe judgement about his strength!

Ramos is good. . . no doubt. . I found out this morning his buy-out clause is $124m . . . what? . . . Very expensive option. .We've got Ivanovic. . why we no wan use this guy. . ?

I am beginning to have that we are not going to have any high profile transfers this summer. . . don't why but the news I have been listening to favours. .

Veloso
Gomez
Bosingwa
Hamsik. . .

I will not be happy if we don't sign Diego!!!! and two quality wingers. . .

Ben Arfa. .
Bentley. .
Farfan. .
Suleijmani. .

to complement Joe Cole and Sinclair. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 2:21pm On May 10, 2008
Actually I am reading now that Vouyers may have snatched up Ben Arfa. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 2:32pm On May 10, 2008
Voyeurs really have taste for youngsters . . . lets see about that. You know Arfa was struggling in Lyon (or so Ibime's news source said). Will he be better at top English teams?

We need one left winger not 2 wingers though, except we are losing both SWP and Malouda (and maybe Kalou). No midfielders would come unless we see one of ours leaving. We already have Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Obi, Makalele.

When I said Bosingwa seems frail, I was talking about his strength not speed. Stamina is good for the EPL and if he does have speed (I did not notice this too) then it's great.

Diego would be a nice addition but do we have space for him?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 2:46pm On May 10, 2008
I know we have Lamps, Ballack, Essien, Maka and Obi. . . .
Firstly, don't be surprised to see one of them leave. . . I placed a bet Robben will not leave. . . guess what?
Secondly, No mata how we look at it. . we don't have any player like Diego. . his addition will be the finest. .

Lampard is 31 next season. . . Ballack is 33 next season. . . Maka turned 35 in february. . . Essien's real age is about 29. . . Obi has not entered that Big boss stage. . .

I am beginning to think our midfield will become slow next season . . . If we have to challenge the likes of ManU, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spuds . . . we will have to inject speed into the midfield. . . If we rely solely on these players, they are old and we might pay for it. .

For that reason if we sign Diego, One of them has to start giving up minutes. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 2:55pm On May 10, 2008
I want Diego but if he comes we need to let one of the others leave or at least cut their wages grin

What do you think about tomorrow?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:02pm On May 10, 2008
Tomorrow?

I have not surrendered the league to Manu until 5pm tomorrow. . . I expect us to win against Bolton.
ManU. . . I think they can beat Wigan. . . but not if Wigan scores b4 them.
I think there's going to be drama. . . I am going to watch the two matches simultaneously. . . an I am really praying for a a draw for ManU. . .
If that happens and we win. . . it will be one Chelsea's greatest seasons ever. . . one of the greatest come-backs in the history of the premier league. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 3:09pm On May 10, 2008
It will be a fairy tale if we win but I'm having no hopes.

I expect a thriller tomorrow. I surely hope we come out with at least a trophy this season.

It is possible that Man Utd drops a point. There will surely be drama tomorrow.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:22pm On May 10, 2008
I have big hopes. . . not that if we don't win it I will break down. . . nope! I will stand proud and say we made them work hard for it and I am very glad we did.
The pressure is on them . . . . If we don't win it, "Well we knew it won't happen" is what people will say. If ManU don't, they story will be different!!!

Can't wait to see drama unfold. The real Trophy goes to the JJB stadium while they take a duplicate to SB. . My question is why not the other way ?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 3:44pm On May 10, 2008
Perhaps the massive goal difference wink grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by presido1: 4:54pm On May 10, 2008
somze:

Perhaps the massive goal difference wink grin
Good answer grin grin grin unlike you tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:24pm On May 10, 2008
nateevs:

Ben Arfa. .
Bentley. .
Farfan. .
Suleijmani. .

Nah mate . . . . . . . David Silva and Quaresma are on the market this summer. Valencia are DEFINITELY selling Silva. I like Quaresma because he is an auxiliary striker. He is so fast coming from the wing, he closes that space between the wing and striker positions, much like Ronaldo. He definitely needs some coaching to iron out his selfish edges and overindulgence - but I think thats just because he is playing for Porto. He is completely different when playing for Portugal. Silva is an auxiliary playmaker, very wonderful on the ball.

Ben Arfa is being benched by Sydney Govou of all people and Sydney is not even a left winger. I have always felt Ben Arfa is a bit pedestrian and lacks dribbling skills. His only skill is to pass the ball between his feet like Rai used to do for PSG.

Bentley lacks pace, although he has wonderful delivery. He is Tottenham level, not Chelsea. I don't think he is better than Aiden McGeady or Diego Capel.

Farfan is cool as a number three winger and because he is cheap.

Suleijmani is a no-no. Not at all ready for Chelsea. Luis Suarez of Ajax is much better.

Like I said, there are only two wingers on the market who can make any difference to our team - Quaresma and Silva.

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.