Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:01 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (288613 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:21am On May 11, 2008
Don't sleep on Quaresma:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKAgdV0rFlQ&feature=related

Or how about Fabio Coentrao for the future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm97bA4_aqk
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by debosky(m): 12:24am On May 11, 2008
@ Ibime

I disagree about Ben Arfa - the only reason he is being 'benched' is to force him to sign a new deal, its a form of punishment

Farfan is USELESS in my opinion, will never amount to much outside the eredivisie

Quaresma? Who is going to do this 'coaching' you are talking about? grant? grin grin

Of all the above, only Silva would really make sense, the others are crap.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dangermous: 12:48am On May 11, 2008
Silva ko, Silva ni.

Too European in play jare. Limited athleticism. Nothing to make him standout.

Ben Arfa has potential, very confident on the ball, but he needs to score more.

Farfan I like. He no dey slack for front of goal. can hold his own in the physical game as well

GO BLUES
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 1:01am On May 11, 2008
debosky:

I disagree about Ben Arfa - the only reason he is being 'benched' is to force him to sign a new deal, its a form of punishment

You don't make a player sign new contract by benching him. Plus Bordeaux are only 2 points behind so that would be a big gamble. He is on the bench for disciplinary problems and poor attitude. The boy is a hothead. As you know, he and Benzema hate each other.

debosky:

Farfan is USELESS in my opinion, will never amount to much outside the eredivisie

He blows hot and cold but is definitely not useless. Sometimes I like him, sometimes I don't - right now, he is in my good books because of his great first leg performance against Fiorentina.

debosky:
Quaresma? Who is going to do this 'coaching' you are talking about? grant? grin grin

Fashi that thing. They said the same about Cristiano. I can bet on this guy. You want to bet that he will be a major success at his next club? How much?

dangermous:

Silva ko, Silva ni.

Too European in play jare. Limited athleticism. Nothing to make him standout.

Good point - but the guy touch, passing and understanding of the game is wonderful to watch. I went to Emirates to watch him against InterMilan and I have to say, you have to see this guy in the flesh to truly appreciate him. His vision and touch is amazing. But like you said, he may struggle in the Premiership for lack of physicality.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by debosky(m): 1:19am On May 11, 2008
Dude now you're amusing me - Quaresma is stuck in his ways if anything, he is a 'big fish' - not very attuned to being 'recoached'

Ronaldo was a different kettle - he came in at 19 or something and got schooled

You missed the important part though, it was a tongue-in-cheek jab at your 'coach' Grant - what would he teach Quaresma? How to be dull and boring? grin

Disciplinary reasons/refusal to sign new deal - its all the same to me. Why should he love Benzema anyways? They both can't be the big fish at the same time - at 21, he's far more 'teachable' than a Quaresma would be and can blossom into a top class winger.

I still maintain my opinion on Farfan, flatters to deceive most of the time.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 1:51am On May 11, 2008
@Ibime

I know you like Quaresma a lot. . . not that I do not like him at all. . I just like players that maintain tactical discipline on the pitch and also one that knows that a team means a group of 11 players. .

I have seen several videos of quaresma and as much as I see alot of fantastic abilities, I see a lot of technical and tactical indiscipline, lack of respect for team players and show-boating and playing to the gallery. . .

The premiership does not condone that. Spanish and Portugese leagues could have allowance for that, the prem on the other hand is result oriented. . . and that sums up my stands on Quaresma. . .

To be honest the world right now lacks quality wingers. . . but I can still make do with Ben Arfa and Bentley. 

I know Bentley has not pace. . but he's very disciplined and tactically sound player. . he passes the ball well and the most decent crosser of the ball in the english league after David Beckham. . . He is not shy to take shots from 20 yards and scored number of times from outside the box. . have you seen him take free kicks?. . . he passes the ball very well and you can tell he's some beckham in the making. . You can't really use him with counter attacks. . . but very useful in build-up attacks. .

Ben on the other hand is quick . . and I don't understand what you mean by "he can't dribble". I think he is selfish. . and I know only players that can dribble are selfish. . .
He is young and will learn. . . .

Ribery anyone?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dangermous: 2:00am On May 11, 2008
debosky:

I still maintain my opinion on Farfan, flatters to deceive most of the time.

This guy jus dey copy opinion from Larry Echejile. angry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 2:16am On May 11, 2008
@Ibime @Somze

I broke a story this morning about Jose Da Silva Bosingwa singing for us . . . The news was from a portugese site and unreadable. .

Apparently sky sports have broken the news as well . .

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3547063,00.html

and his profile has been updated on wikipedia as a Chelsea player. . . . even though I checked this morning and it wasn't . . . So I think he is Chelsea's now. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 2:20am On May 11, 2008
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 2:31am On May 11, 2008
^^^Well, I'm happy although £15.8 is not cheap. His true value is probably £11m but we are Chelsea so we have to pay extra.

I am happy that our transfer deals are being done in silence these days, unlike before where we would chase players for 2 months and every week the price would increase.

As for Quaresma, I agree that he has lack of respect for his teammates - but like I said, he does not pull that shit when he plays for Portugal, he only does it at Porto. That is his nature and I cannot blame him cos Porto stroll the Portuguese league every season. I believe that with responsibility, you start to see a more mature Quaresma. He has seen his mate Ronaldo do it, why not him? Nani suffers from the same spirit, yet SAF is taking a chance on him. Remember that last summer, Mourinho tried to sign Quaresma. I guess Mourinho also saw what I see in him - a player of great talent, just waiting for the opportunity to confirm his greatness.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dangermous: 2:33am On May 11, 2008
Oh my God. How them go pay 15 milla for that guy na

11 milla ke. 11 milla too much sef. 8 mil max. and if them no gree, they should tell them
to go and suck shit from Oporto suckaway.

The guy sucks offensively. He is an imitation of Abidal. Athletic but no skills.

I still maintain, Belleti should be trusted. He will lose concentration sometimes, but the boy more than makes up for
it up front.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:33pm On May 11, 2008
^^^O-boy no dey yarn opata. Belletti is shite. Bosingwa is at least £11m cos many clubs were willing to pay up to £15m for him including Man Utd.

BBC Gossip:

If Chelsea lose out to Man Utd in the race for the title then Blues fans can console themselves that they have beaten their rivals to the signature of Porto right back Jose Bosingwa. The club have agreed a fee of £15.9m for the Portugal international. (Various)

The Stamford Bridge club are also eyeing a £20m move for Bosingwa's club and international team-mate, winger Ricardo Quaresma. (News of the World)

Chelsea are prepared to sell striker Nicolas Anelka, just five months after paying £15m to Bolton for him. (Sunday Mirror)
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by yommys01(m): 12:42pm On May 11, 2008
Jose Da Silva Bosingwa has truely signed for chelsea but I honestly think he is not needed in the team , he is another Mikel too defence minded, Chelsea also have so many defenders and I wonder why Jose Da Silva Bosingwa again

checkout soccerfanbase.com for more soccer news update and discussion
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:48pm On May 11, 2008
Message of Hope to fellow Chelsean.

i hope its not going to be Hope '93.

All the best guys.

My hope is more in Moscow jare
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 2:09pm On May 11, 2008
ready-made excuse undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 2:31pm On May 11, 2008
Why do we all say things about Bosingwa. . when what we are saying is not all true. . . He is all too defensive and not offensive . . . that is not true. .
He is actually very offensive and not too defensive . . but his pace covers up for him if he gets dribbled. .

Someone else said he has no skill . . what do you call this youtube of him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUaI7XoPgDE
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 2:36pm On May 11, 2008
Player Profile:

Watching Jose Bosingwa motoring tirelessly up and down the right flank, defending astutely and attacking menacingly, has become a spectacle within a spectacle at FC Porto’s matches over recent seasons. And at just 24 years of age Bosingwa has a collection of silverware that rivals many of Portugal’s better known players.

http://www.portugoal.net/PlayerProfiles/Jose-Bosingwa.htm

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 2:37pm On May 11, 2008
@Dr Kit

Abi o.

I remember you calling my Coach a lucky bastered. Please take time o.

At your spare time, please read this: http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/05/11/will_grant_join_greats_or_go_f.html
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 2:40pm On May 11, 2008
if Grant should win any title this season . . . .THEN WE CAN SAFELY TAG HIM THE LUCKIEST BASTARD THAT EVER LIVED grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 2:46pm On May 11, 2008
Latest Rumour

Louis Saha and Silvester to join Wigan next seson.

No thanks to the Beer parlour arrangement of Mr Fergusson cry cry cry

The same arangement like Tevez.

Points for Player deal cry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:00pm On May 11, 2008
New kit all the way . . . . let's go boyz

Common Chelseaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:14pm On May 11, 2008
Bloody Hell John Terry is out. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 3:47pm On May 11, 2008
. . . and United has scored!!! grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:47pm On May 11, 2008
I just had an opportunity to see the Penalty given to ManU and I can't believe it. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 3:48pm On May 11, 2008
Nateevs
Are you watching ManU's game?

What can u say about Benneth d ref
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 3:49pm On May 11, 2008
@ Nateevs

Why? Wasn't Rooney hacked down in the box?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 3:49pm On May 11, 2008
The only thing is that Scholes was supposed to get a second yellow, but we all know the ground is slippery when wet!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:52pm On May 11, 2008
What do you mean hacked down . . . ? The player went down to the ground to do a sweep and bring the ball forward. . and you call that a hack-down . . ?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by atiku07(m): 3:54pm On May 11, 2008
well i know the fa will do mago mago just 4 united to win cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:57pm On May 11, 2008
And I just saw the penalty Rio could have given Wigan. . and paul scholes should have been out. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 4:00pm On May 11, 2008
Its just sad how refs queue up to support manu.

FA are bunch of cowards.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 4:03pm On May 11, 2008
How are we playing guys? I am watching the Wigan game. Wigan are really trying. The ref is being a bit dodgy though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.