Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

How Come Women Are So Difficult? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Come Women Are So Difficult? (2110 Views)

Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? / Why Is It So Difficult To Have A Decent Conversation With A Man? / So difficult to find a nigerian Girl you can take home to mama in London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come Women Are So Difficult? by coolruler(m): 11:21am On Sep 04, 2008
How come when you're dating, everything's fun, you flow beautifully with your babe, conversation's no problem, the two of you can sit for hours just chatting and laughing. You think" life cannot be better than this. At last, I found my soul mate"

But immediately the two of you are married, everything changes. Gone is the fun, the laughter, the attraction. Conversation becomes a contest where every statement you make can and will be used against you. For example:

You say: Honey, I will be going to the club tonight with my gees. Its our Boys night out.

She hears: Honey, I am fed up staying in the house with you. I'm going to the club where I will drink tons of beer, tell my friends all about you, and likely chat up a babe or two.

She knows you always go to the Club at least once a month to hang out with your guys, and she never had any problem with that when you were dating.
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by Nella(f): 11:34am On Sep 04, 2008
wht a foolish example.

Like u said : " She knows you always go to the Club at least once a month to hang out with your guys, and she never had any problem with that when you were dating."

There, "when u were dating" ,  But now u are married and no more a boy but a man, So 4 Christ sake put your whole boyish behaviors to the side and take on the responsibilities of being a man! u are no more 24.

Besides, using your example, how about this : "look, your wife also used to club and go partying with friends every Thursday night when u were dating, how about she continues that now in your marriage hu? After all u never had any problem with it when u were dating.

If u are married, then be married. If u want to go out and club and chat up babes with the boys, then y in the world get married??

coolruler:

How come when you're dating, everything's fun, you flow beautifully with your babe, conversation's no problem, the two of you can sit for hours just chatting and laughing. You think" life cannot be better than this. At last, I found my soul mate"

But immediately the two of you are married, everything changes. Gone is the fun, the laughter, the attraction. Conversation becomes a contest where every statement you make can and will be used against you. For example:

You say: Honey, I will be going to the club tonight with my gees. Its our Boys night out.

She hears: Honey, I am fed up staying in the house with you. I'm going to the club where I will drink tons of beer, tell my friends all about you, and likely chat up a babe or two.

She knows you always go to the Club at least once a month to hang out with your guys, and she never had any problem with that when you were dating.

And tell me the guy doesn't do any of those listed there!??
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by Baxilexi(m): 11:50am On Sep 04, 2008
THE MISTAKE: the guy should have said, honey i think we should just remain that happily unmarried couple.

trust me it always works.

THE SOLUTION: live with it.
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by agwoko: 12:33pm On Sep 04, 2008
:-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by coolruler(m): 2:19pm On Sep 04, 2008
Nella:

wht a foolish example.

Like u said : " She knows you always go to the Club at least once a month to hang out with your guys, and she never had any problem with that when you were dating."

There, "when u were dating" , But now u are married and no more a boy but a man, So 4 Christ sake put your whole boyish behaviors to the side and take on the responsibilities of being a man! u are no more 24.

Besides, using your example, how about this : "look, your wife also used to club and go partying with friends every Thursday night when u were dating, how about she continues that now in your marriage hu? After all u never had any problem with it when u were dating.

If u are married, then be married. If u want to go out and club and chat up babes with the boys, then y in the world get married??

And tell me the guy doesn't do any of those listed there!??

@Nella

How many things will a man give up for the sake of "taking on the responsibilities of a man" as you put it?

He gave up his lady friends (not lovers)
He gave up his male friends( she scared them off)
He gave up his sports(no watching supersport when she's on AfricanMagic)
His Mum needs permission to visit
She even made him give up Beer!

Now he cannot step out of his own house for one night?

"SHIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR"
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by sistawoman: 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2008
Please dont blame all women because you married the wrong one.

If my hubby wants a night out. . . . . go have fun
If I want a night out. . . . . go have fun

If you want to watch sports. . . . Lets watch it together
If I want to watch something else. . . . . .there are 5 other TVs in the house, pick one or i pick one

If you want to drink beer. . . . we both drink Heineken's bring enough for both of us
If you want a glass of wine. . . . . . be sure to leave some for me later

Not all women are the same. You just married the wrong uptight female.
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by HRhotness(f): 2:30pm On Sep 04, 2008
You guys always whine about the number of things the guy gives up. . .

New Flash:

Women also give up alot when they get married. . . we dont hear them whining do we

Deal with it dude! angry
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by ikamefa(f): 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2008
HR.hotness:

New Flash:

Women also give up alot when they get married. . . we don't hear them whining do we

Deal with it dude! angry

i co-sign " grin "
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by coolruler(m): 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2008
HR.hotness:

New Flash:

Women also give up alot when they get married. . . we don't hear them whining do we

Deal with it dude! angry

@HR
what are those things women give up?

@sistawoman
Thank you for keeping it real.
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by sistawoman: 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2008
coolruler:

@HR
what are those things women give up?

@sistawoman
Thank you for keeping it real.

We give up half of the bed.

We give up sleeping thru the whole night, yall will roll over and "poke" us

We give up being wined and dined by various men

We give up freedom to come and go w/o having to "check-in" with someone else

We give up only having to cook for ourselves and having to cook for you

We give up more time cuz it now takes longer to wash the dishes or do the laundry or shop at the store, we are no carring extra weight.

We give up control of at least one remote in the house.
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by Igho2(f): 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2008
you serious or wat, try a sex change and you will know wetin dey!!
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2008
coolruler:

that is a foolish example

a man is supposed to forsake alot of things once he is married

what is a married man doing in d club drinking and dining wt frinds when his wife,and prolly kids r at home

u men should just say you're looking for licence to cheat abeg
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by iice(f): 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2008
Pele.
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by sistawoman: 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2008
mesmya:

that is a foolish example

a man is supposed to forsake alot of things once he is married

what is a married man doing in d club drinking and dining wt frinds when his wife,and prolly kids r at home

u men should just say you're looking for licence to cheat abeg

I disagree.

There are times that i just want a girls night out and I can understand him wanting a guys night out.

A club is not the only place a man can meet a girl to cheat with. If he is going to cheat he is going to cheat and I am not going to worry my beautiful little body thinking about it. What is done in the dark comes to light and if you are willing to throw away what we have for some azz in the street then so be it.

Trust is one of the foundation blocks of a marriage if i cant trust you then i should not marry you.

I think that couples should/must retain their own identity when they marry.
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 04, 2008
sistawoman:

I disagree.

There are times that i just want a girls night out and I can understand him wanting a guys night out.

A club is not the only place a man can meet a girl to cheat with.  If he is going to cheat he is going to cheat and I am not going to worry my beautiful little body thinking about it.  What is done in the dark comes to light and if you are willing to throw away what we have for some azz in the street then so be it.

Trust is one of the foundation blocks of a marriage if i can't trust you then i should not marry you.

I think that couples should/must retain their own identity when they marry.

im entitled to my opinion aint i?

no wonder your hubby left home for days d last time

thank God my hubby is not d type that hangs out in d club at night ,that is what i call being responsible

what on earth im i looking for in d club all in d name of girls night out?can't we all meet smplace during d day time,please im too responsible for that shit,to leave my kids and tell them im going out to meeet sm friends at night,no hells way

anyways its only jobless people that will do such a shit,im too busy for such an irresponsible life

i did it when i was single and don't wish to continue now that im very much settled
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by sistawoman: 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2008
mesmya:

im entitled to my opinion aint i?

You are entitled to your opinion. And at no time in my post did i insult you. I simply said I disagreed and stated why i disagreed.

mesmya:

no wonder your hubby left home for days d last time

thank God my hubby is not d type that hangs out in d club at night ,that is what i call being responsible

My husband and our arguement has nothing to do with clubbing. Therefore I dont understand your reference to it here.

mesmya:

what on earth im i looking for in d club all in d name of girls night out?can't we all meet smplace during d day time,please im too responsible for that shit,to leave my kids and tell them im going out to meeet sm friends at night,no hells way

My girlfriends and I go for spa days, weekend retreats and every once in a while, like maybe 3 times a year to the club. I never said what kind of club. We go to jazz clubs, dinner clubs, dance clubs and we have a few drinks, on our husbands and let our hair down.

mesmya:

anyways its only jobless people that will do such a shit,im too busy for such an irresponsible life

i did it when i was single and don't wish to continue now that im very much settled

We all have very good jobs and when we do this it is because my kids are away for the weekend visiting friends or doing other things. My girlfriends are all my sr. by at least 13 years. You see i hang with, talk with and get advice from women much older than me. These outings are times for us to take off the wife, mother hats and just relax. We are not out looking for other men as we are all happy in our marriages.

Because I am married it does not mean I am dead.

My hubby and I also attend the club together as a date night thing that we do in addtion to other fun activites.
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2008
sistawoman:

You are entitled to your opinion.  And at no time in my post did i insult you.  I simply said I disagreed and stated why i disagreed.

My husband and our arguement has nothing to do with clubbing.  Therefore I don't understand your reference to it here.

My girlfriends and I go for spa days, weekend retreats and every once in a while, like maybe 3 times a year to the club.  I never said what kind of club.  We go to jazz clubs, dinner clubs, dance clubs and we have a few drinks, on our husbands and let our hair down.

We all have very good jobs and when we do this it is because my kids are away for the weekend visiting friends or doing other things.  My girlfriends are all my sr. by at least 13 years.  You see i hang with, talk with and get advice from women much older than me.  These outings are times for us to take off the wife, mother hats and just relax.  We are not out looking for other men as we are all happy in our marriages.

Because I am married it does not mean I am dead. 

My hubby and I also attend the club together as a date night thing that we do in addtion to other fun activites.

ESSAYS ESSAYS ESSAYS

good for u,too much long story

i have a very responsible family which im very proud of,we catch our fun sm other ways,that im very grateful to God for

have fun wt ya gals in da club,like i said im too busy to get involved wt such things

and as for your hubby ,its what u get for dragging your familys name into nairaland

buhbyeeee
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by sistawoman: 4:20pm On Sep 04, 2008
mesmya:

ESSAYS ESSAYS ESSAYS

good for u,too much long story

i have a very responsible family which im very proud of,we catch our fun sm other ways,that im very grateful to God for

have fun wt ya gals in da club,like i said im too busy to get involved wt such things

and as for your hubby ,its what u get for dragging your familys name into nairaland

buhbyeeee

Why cant you just simply state your views on a matter w/o insulting someone. I simply shared my views on the subject and because they are different then yours I get hurled insults. That my dear is completely insane. You should have better command of the english language and be able to state your views w/o insults.

People disagree all the time but if done in a respectful manner you can get your point across and give someone something to think about. but if you do it with insults the person is less likely to hear you.

Just some food for thought. Do with what you would like.
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2008
sistawoman:

Why can't you just simply state your views on a matter w/o insulting someone.  I simply shared my views on the subject and because they are different then yours I get hurled insults.  That my dear is completely insane.  You should have better command of the english language and be able to state your views w/o insults.

People disagree all the time but if done in a respectful manner you can get your point across and give someone something to think about.  but if you do it with insults the person is less likely to hear you.

Just some food for thought.  Do with what you would like.

now this brought me back

did i insult u?all i said  was  i have a very responsible family,its left for u to also state that u have a responsible family too,u call my posts insane and you're here telling me to post wtout insults now tell me who is d sane person here?

if u enjoy a night out wt your friends go ahead haba and leave me alone abeg

i said im too busy for that thrash its as simple as that,i have a wonderful family and like i said we all catch fun sm other ways outside d night out and  so on

get used to mi posts,or ignore me,simple
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by topup: 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2008
Well, if the situation really was as simple as the OP states, then there is nothing wrong with his suggestion to go out, and maybe the wife is being over sensitive and may have changed over the course of the marriage. However, usually there is always an underlining issue (using pre-marriage) that is causing tension. Maybe you two had an argument the night before about something else, and maybe she felt instead of you making time to bond with her so that you two can forget your differences you are opting to party with your friends.

During the first few years of marriage, I believe it is SO crucial to put your spouse above almost everything, reassuring them with every move, obviously this is easier said than done, and eveyrbody believes you can still do the same things you did before the marriage in exactly the same way, duration and times.

I still believe that you should be able to have fun with your friends occassionally, but marriage is not just a simple step up from a relationship, it is a huge jump and you have to be ready for everything it throws at you.

If you start sensing that your spouse is resenting the time you're spending with your friends (and pre-marriage she never showed signs of jealousy), you should in an instant cancel plans with your friends, because I don't believe they are worth your marriage, and they should understand, after everything's sorted, you can have all the fun you want with your friends and because the home is happy, I'm sure she won't mind you going out.

I must point out, the problem is not just that the woman changed, but it could be that the man did not change.

Lastly, both the male and female roles in the above dilema could be easily swapped, sometimes it is the husband who wants the wife to stop going out with her friends so much.
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by Nautillus(m): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2008
sistawoman:

We give up half of the bed, . . . . .STOP! ! ! just stop it there . . .Bed HE bought in HIS apartment

We give up sleeping through the whole night, yall will roll over and "poke" us   Yeah right . . .like as if you guyz don't "have ur own moves when you want IT too

We give up being wined and dined by various men . . . .and where did it get you?

We give up freedom to come and go w/o having to "check-in" with someone else . . . . . .Do you want IT BACK ? ? ?

We give up only having to cook for ourselves and having to cook for you . . .ahh . . .NEWS FLASH . .we can also COOK . .Thank God 4 THE CHICKEN REPUBLIC

We give up more time because it now takes longer to wash the dishes or do the laundry or shop at the store, we are no carring extra weight. . . .Of you WON'T do THEM, your BESTFRIEND will

We give up control of at least one remote in the house. . . .You can hold on to your Ipod 4 as long as you like BUT PLEASE . . .beta free THE remote when the Premiership is on

My opinion please . . .don't shoot me
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by HRhotness(f): 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2008
sistawoman:

We give up half of the bed.

We give up sleeping through the whole night, yall will roll over and "poke" us

We give up being wined and dined by various men

We give up freedom to come and go w/o having to "check-in" with someone else

We give up only having to cook for ourselves and having to cook for you

We give up more time because it now takes longer to wash the dishes or do the laundry or shop at the store, we are no carring extra weight.

We give up control of at least one remote in the house.

thanks girl

@ coolruler

~ we give up the freedom to look sexy just for d heck of it becos d husband may feel threatened

~ we give up randomly flirting with random men just for fun

~ we give up glorious lie-ins because theres a husband to take care of

~ we shorten time spent primping and pampering becos ther r more important things to do ie hubby's dinner

~ we opt for a simpler hairstyle becos we cant make it to the salon as often as we like

~ we hav to buy more sensible shoes because gon r d days when we can just splurge on every and any fabulous pair we find. .  after all we hav leess nights out
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2008
Nautillus:

Shoot him please!!! grin

@ topic
I'm naturally difficult!!! Deal with it!!! tongue

@ top up
I feel you.
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2008
HR.hotness:

~ we hav to buy more sensible shoes because gon r d days when we can just splurge on every and any fabulous pair we find. . after all we hav less nights out

" sad sad sad
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by sistawoman: 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2008
Nautillus:

No shooting neccessary. . . . . . .just having alot of fun.

All the things that married people give up for each other are things that we gratefully give up because we cant imange our lives w/o the love of our lives there with us.
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by sistawoman: 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2008
stillwater:

" sad sad sad

Sad but true stillwater.

Wait till you have kids. You will have more tennis shoes than heels. You have to keep the comfortable shoes for all the running around we do with the children.
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by Nella(f): 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2008
@Coolruler

Quotes:

"How many things will a man give up for the sake of "taking on the responsibilities of a man" as you put it?"

He gave up his lady friends (not lovers)
-- "And so did she, with her male friends"

He gave up his male friends( she scared them off) ----
"Oh please! yea right, there is no way a lady can scare off your male friends. Highest thing is that u won't have as much time to hang out with them. Which is justifiable because, unlike most of them, u are now a married man! And the same thing applys for the ladies as well!"

He gave up his sports(no watching supersport when she's on AfricanMagic) -----
"why do u have to make everything sound like such a big deal? It's vice-versa for her too,  no watching AfricaMagic when he is glued on his sport chanel"

His Mum needs permission to visit ----
"EVERYONE needs permission to visit your marriage home! -- It's called respect"

Now he cannot step out of his own house for one night? ------

"who says he can't step out of his house for one night? Like u said\and like the guy would say, :" he is goin to have a night out with the boys" -- now, if u know that a "night out with the "boys" is what u want, why head to a club? -- is a club used for playing poker? Is a club used for talking\watching sports? no, the main aim\use of a club is : TO MEET BABES and TO LOOK AT WOMEN! -- dispute me -- u are a guy, when u prepare to go clubbing wht is goin through your head? is it to go and dance with a guy? sit and stare at some guys? NO, u go there because it is a fun place to be in because THERE ARE WOMEN AND FINE BABES ALL OVER! Full stop!"

Now, no one is sayin he shouldn't have a "boys night out" Besides, let's face it. Calling it a boys night out is just a way of disguising wht it really is, You are not going to a "boys night out" u are going CLUBBING! Call it wht it is.  . . . boys night out my a$$, will u stay five minute in that "boys night out" if there weren't botty women walking around and shaking there asses all over?? --  Why not just go to a gay bar, if u really want to have a "boys" night out?
sometimes u men think u are talking to small children, *hiss* . . . at least a little respect for ur marriage home?
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2008
Nella:

"who says he can't step out of his house for one night? Like u said\and like the guy would say, :" he is goin to have a night out with the boys" -- now, if u know that a "night out with the "boys" is what u want, why head to a club? -- is a club used for playing poker? Is a club used for talking\watching sports? no, the main aim\use of a club is : TO MEET BABES and TO LOOK AT WOMEN! -- dispute me -- u are a guy, when u prepare to go clubbing wht is goin through your head? is it to go and dance with a guy? sit and stare at some guys? NO, u go there because it is a fun place to be in because THERE ARE WOMEN AND FINE BABES ALL OVER! Full stop!"

Now, no one is sayin he shouldn't have a "boys night out" Besides, let's face it. Calling it a boys night out is just a way of disguising wht it really is, You are not going to a "boys night out" u are going CLUBBING! Call it wht it is. . . . boys night out my a$$, will u stay five minute in that "boys night out" if there weren't botty women walking around and shaking there asses all over?? -- Why not just go to a gay bar, if u really want to have a "boys" night out?
sometimes u men think u are talking to small children, *hiss* . . . at least a little respect for your marriage home?

Hahahahahaha, lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by MrCrackles(m): 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2008
na true, some women pack craze for head like IGBO man fan!!! grin
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2008
sistawoman:

Sad but true stillwater.

Wait till you have kids. You will have more tennis shoes than heels. You have to keep the comfortable shoes for all the running around we do with the children.

Tennis shoes are ugly. angry sad  embarassed
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by HRhotness(f): 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2008
stillwater:

Tennis shoes are ugly. angry sad embarassed

but sensible. . . thats what marriage does to u, makes u bcome more sensible. . . . fabulous isnt sensible for marriage sad
Re: How Come Women Are So Difficult? by Nautillus(m): 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2008
sistawoman:

No shooting neccessary. . . . . . .just having alot of fun.

lol . . .Thanks for sparing my life . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Do U See Yourself Getting Married? / Do U Share Bathing Soap, Sponge And Body Cream With Ur Partner? / Psychologist Claims That You Can Still Be Friend With A Past Lover,how True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.