Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,883 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Would You Engage In Distant Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Engage In Distant Relationship (2511 Views)

Consider This Before You Engage In MouthAction / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / 10 Weird & Shameful Practices Guys Engage In When In Need Of Girlfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by acidrop(f): 5:43am On Jul 04, 2006
[s][b]people think some distant relationship can be heapz, cute & comfortable, but would you engaged in a distant relationship, if yes, tell us the condition and if yes, tell us y? [/b]

I have had many freinds engaging in distant relationship, but most of them dont last long, as they dont know watsup wit each other. and now, my best friend is going into 1, dont really know what  2 tell her about distant relationship as i havent experienced one myself.

so guyz, can u like help me out here undecided
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by smartsoft(m): 5:57am On Jul 04, 2006
i don't think is adviceable from experience, you going to waste your time and effort letting that partner knows that you love him/her at end of the day he/she woun't believe ya.
Let me just tip you in if a long distance relationship is going to work,

IF both of them really know themself well, when i mean well it shouldn't been intimacy but they must know themselves well to the core
secondly there is this word they must build together which is called "TRUST" Without that my sister or Brother, it woun't work ooo 100% A guys that loves someone and trust himself and trust that person, woun't cheat on his/her partner this body is flesh not firewood, but if him/her trust him/herself that much and can trust his/her partner, it will work, and when i say "TRUST" it's 100% not 50,or 60
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by dominobaby(f): 9:02am On Jul 04, 2006
It will work if both of u are willin to make it work.

I'm presently in one and i know what am saying. Basicaly, u guys shd have known each other well to an extent and consequently u have built some trust before distance comes to play.
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by eveseh(f): 11:16am On Jul 04, 2006
nope
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by lunafish(f): 11:29am On Jul 04, 2006
No. How can we "relate" if we nver around each other?

Besides the distance gives you distorted views of that person.
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by Eurphoria(f): 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2006
No i couldn't, for some it may work, depending on the length of the relationship and how strong the couple are, even that, i still feel it could be tricky and hard.
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by diddy4(m): 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2006
it aint in my dictionary, no way. i will never ever think of it.
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by diddy4(m): 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2006
but if my partner is in the UK, i can do it but if it is somewhere i will never visit for a while, nahhhhh, wont work.
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by retro(f): 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2006
No, like you said, distant relationship. I could cheat on him/her.
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by hibans(f): 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2006
personally i am okay wherever my guy is but, i cant try it anymore. at times it does work and times doesn't work.

left for me no problem.
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by shawna(f): 5:28pm On Jul 04, 2006
distant relationship never works cry i dont think i would engage in one again!
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by Busta(f): 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2006
Not worth it sad
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by acidrop(f): 2:08am On Jul 05, 2006
U met a girl online, she lives in europe and have been chating 4 couple of dayz, exchangin photos, and talking on d phone, now its been months, and u think u familiar whith the girl, u feel free chating and talking 2 her on d phone, infact u are falling 4 her.

undecided i dont c y u wont have a relationship with that girl, if luv is involved then distant relationship is worth it
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by Akinagirl(f): 3:20am On Jul 15, 2007
agreed
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by iice(f): 5:24am On Jul 15, 2007
Nah. . .i don't do those
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by acidrop(f): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2007
u reasons been?
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by iice(f): 5:49pm On Jul 15, 2007
I know who i am and i cannot do those. . .yeah it may work for others more power to them
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by BlackRevo: 7:56pm On Jul 16, 2007
If they both know each other and have been together pretty well before the distance comes into the relationship then it is okei or else it takes really great commitments and faithfulness for it to work. But if this two conditions are not kept and others that might not be mentioned here then it doesn't work because i am in one also right now .
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by oghene007(m): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2007
Well i am into a long distance relationship and by Gods grace it works
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by bankee(f): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2007
av done that b4, winkit didnt wok cos of oda reasons, sadbut am willing to do that again! smileyinfact rite now ,a friend of mine is really on my case and am considering a yes!!! grin
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by trendy(f): 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2007
it's a No-No for me
Engage? no way
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by acidrop(f): 12:59am On Jul 19, 2007
douzy nko? undecided
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by trendy(f): 10:54am On Jul 20, 2007
acidrop:

douzy nko? undecided

u this idoit run far from me jare
i don leave am for u
shey u wan die for him head cheesy
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by Bblak(f): 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2007
smileyi've been in one b4 but it did not work out due to some reasons.

infact it was a distant relationship across the ocean and i don't think i can try it again cos it does not work 4 me instead it hurts.

if you feel you can make it work, then all the best because 80% of it does not work out.goodlk.
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by johnnygan(m): 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2007
I don't know if its gonna work out but it depends on how serious both parties considers each other
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by davidt(m): 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2007
I am currently in a long-distance relationship and just like someone said, you would spend most of time trying to remind your partner that you love him/her and in the end it would just crumble.

The bottom line is that I am currently sick of the relationshp, and I really don't know what to do. I would not advise anyone to go into such a relationship, It takes ballz,
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 21, 2007
the only way a distant relationship cn survive or actually work out is when there is trust.trust yur partner wit ur whole heart nd let him/her feel the same.dat way u dnt gt to be insecure nd shit thinkin him/her is cheatin.bt if u still gt the picture dat he is,then jst endure for the while yu gon be apart or gt busy.end it!!!
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by CrazyMan(m): 1:54am On Jul 21, 2007
I can engage in a distant friendship but relationship, no way.
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by acidrop(f): 2:16am On Jul 21, 2007
trendy:

u this idoit run far from me jare
i don leave am for u
shey u wan die for him head cheesy

u are a very very stupid girl.

and there fellow nairalanders is where i tell u the story of trendy. u c trendy here was involved in distant relationship, even her own was worse, she didnt even c the face of her bobo, she based her relationship with nairaland communication, and now look at her post. judging from her postam thinking that the realationship has ended what do ya'll gat 2 say 4 that one
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by naira4doll(m): 2:48am On Jul 21, 2007
my babe is about to travel out, i wonder if i go cope
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by acidrop(f): 3:10am On Jul 21, 2007
well would u?
Re: Would You Engage In Distant Relationship by BASETSANA(f): 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2007
why not? all it takes is trust after all love conquers all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? / Brother Marries Sister / Rekindling Old Feelings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.