Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,841 members, 7,831,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? (5675 Views)

Can You Marry A Non-graduate? / Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate / Can You Marry A Non-graduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by fadenike(f): 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2007
This is  most  interesting topic i ve  ever read on this forum. i cherish sincere opinions and contributions made so far.

Most female graduate  have this mentality of 'NEVER' to non graduate but it was done on me that destiny does  not based on certificates.

And marriage should not be structure on academics but love & compartibilty.

please note that it is a priviledge to be educated, some drop out of school not
because their not intelligent but due to one problem or the other.

if a guy has a vision, regardless his age he can still be a graduate  after marriage with help of his partner, its a matter of time.

Afterall, Obasanjo is just trying to be a graduate.
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by lovemajek(f): 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2007
Leaders showing example. OBJ
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by omoovie(f): 4:19pm On May 12, 2008
It depends.

Some of the smartest, successful and interesting people I've met never even set foot in college. I used to trip like shage for this one Naija guy that didn't make it to college because his family was really poor. That boy always made it to top of our class and if I'd stayed in Naija I would have pursued a relationship with him no question even though he would have been at home while I was in university! He's just now going to school for his bachelors in Chemistry in St Croix to become a doctor when he graduates. Like someone mentioned, Bill Gates dropped out of college and some of the world's most influential people don't have a higher degree. Intelligence is not necessarily based on education. Naija peeps just like bookwork.
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by frank316(m): 5:43pm On May 12, 2008
i cant o, as i guy i wont marry a girl below university level. but i know it is quite easier for ladies to settle below their standard, because the are programed to bear a lot of rubish from men. thats why sometimes it seems like they have no choice
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by LetThemSay: 6:53am On May 13, 2008
It's ok for a womam to be with a man with no degree. But chai Love or no love, religious or not. You are in for nagging and sometime over controlling man. Cos 99.9% of the time he is battling inferiority complex and he will do all it takes to grow his ego.
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by Latoya(f): 8:30am On May 13, 2008
Yea . . . if you love him.Dont let your ego ruin you of an oppurtunity and happiness.

And also enrol him in college or something after you get to know him. . .
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by tine(f): 9:38am On May 13, 2008
All said and done it can be catastrophic. I for one will not marry a man that is not a graduate. My Aunt a lawyer married a man that is not a graduate. My mum told her not to.My mums argument was that the guy my develop an inferiority complex with time and moreover their thinking will be on different levels. My aunt went ahead and got married and it almost cost her her life. It got to a stage where if she goes to see a male client he will accuse her of having an affair. It all came to a head when he poured petrol on her and tried to set her ablaze. You might argue and say its him as an individual but I tell u it was a gradual process that started off with his feeling inferior
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by OscarJ1(m): 10:46am On May 13, 2008
Whoever findeth a wife, findeth favour in the Lord- not a graduate or trophy wife.   As for me, I  can marry a non grad. I was not born a graduate.

Word bro.

I think this topic is actually meant for me. i am not a graduate but i ve a graduate as a GF, a lawyer for that matter.

I think what really matters is if the Guy has got a clear vision in life.
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by omekele(m): 10:57am On May 13, 2008
Nigerians Believe in paper qualification too much.
well as it has been said there would always be class struggle according to Karl Marx "the history of any existing society is the history of class struggle" I can marry any set either graduate or non grad. so far there is love inbetween.
Life goes on.
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by frank316(m): 11:13am On May 13, 2008
Whoever findeth a wife, findeth favour in the Lord- not a graduate or trophy wife. As for me, I can marry a non grad. I was not born a graduate.

easier said than done.

Oscar J:

Word bro.

I think this topic is actually meant for me. i am not a graduate but i ve a graduate as a GF, a lawyer for that matter.

I think what really matters is if the Guy has got a clear vision in life.

well, i thank god for you and i wish you all the best. the problem at hand also has to do with the guys mentality, there is no denying the fact that most uneducated guys even without knowing it act out their felling of inferiority in different ways. they tend to read meaning in anything their patner says, and their reaction is most time detrimental to the relationship.

in as much as education should not be the basis of any relationship, its effect cannot be over looked. i must sincere to let you know that out of every ten cases of such relationship, seven is bound to fail. to me its a risk not worth taking.
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by OscarJ1(m): 5:04pm On May 13, 2008
frank 3.16

there is no denying the fact that most uneducated guys even without knowing it act out their felling of inferiority in different ways

r u saying that even educated guys dont have or exhibit inferiority complex as well? despite their Bsc,Mba, Phd

Guy see the most important is ur mind set and focus ability, cos most guyz in this situation find themselves there for some reason that was outside their control as at then.

Using myself as an example:being the first child, I had to drop out of school (UI) to work n support my mum so we can send my younger ones to school cos my mum's financial muscles were not strong enough.

now let me ask u a qtion, Is there always room for improvment in every aspect of life? think abt it n let the answer remain with you.
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by Smi1(m): 3:01am On Feb 01, 2010
I think majority of nigeria ladies still lack behind as i can see some posters prefering education more than love, remember you can't compare Love & Education
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by na2day2(m): 3:10am On Feb 01, 2010
@ OP

whatever happened to [size=25pt]LOVE[/size]? see, nigerian girls can be the biggest hypocrites ever, when it is sumtin that seem inconvenient to u, y'all come up with very convenient excuses but when the shoe is on the guy's foot, u shout ur battle cry [size=25pt]"LOVE"[/size]
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by Njgirl1: 4:56am On Jul 30, 2011
@benit lol lwkmd lol grin cheesy smiley
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by alstarmayo(m): 7:54am On Jul 30, 2011
My nieghbor's wife is a graduate and works in a bank, the husband on the other hand is nt and he is a sit-at-home-dad. They have 4kids and I guess they are fine
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by claremont(m): 8:01am On Jul 30, 2011
Let's not think too far; President Jonah, a PhD holder, is married to Patience, who is obviously a stark illiterate. He may have his reasons for marrying her, but I for one, will never marry someone who can't engage me in basic intelligent conversation using simple English language. It is not necessary to be a graduate to be able to engage in intelligent conversation, but innate intelligence matters, after all most ladies in Europe are not graduates anyway.
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 30, 2011
@ poster, what a silly question  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by squino(m): 11:19am On Jul 30, 2011
well, my gal's an A level holder and her english 's crazy doh she'was born n raised in cameroon( the francophone part), but i can put her through school and she'll definitely match up, kuba akaba? think love's d basic thing there.
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by Goldieluks: 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2011
So far he is able to speak a simple and correct English,why should marriage be an issue?
some people sef undecided
Re: Graduate Weds Non Graduate: Is It Possible? by God2man(m): 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2011
As far as marriage is concern, graduate or non graduate is not really necessary, it could be an additional reason, but not compulsory. My concern is that the person you want to marry, is he or she the will of God for your life. The issue of education will even compound your problem, because both of you are graduates. so, no more respect for one another. Marry the wrong person, who is a graduate and you will regret it for the rest of your life. Do the right thing, let God choose for you. All those qualities you are looking for may not be necessary after you have married. There is no perfection anywhere.Nobody is perfect, except God. God bless you. God2MAN

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Exes Always Seem To Reappear Once You've Moved On With Your Life? / . / What Are The Advantages Of A Big Ass To A Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.