Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,861 members, 7,862,828 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517705 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:24pm On May 09, 2008
I don't know why some of y'all are just press parrots - they say one thing and you begin to trumpet it about like its the truth! Bunch of muppets tongue

Adebayor leaving huh? grin grin That has to be the biggest joke of the century - the press have nothing to write about till someone wins the title this weekend, and so will come up with sensationalist rubbish, pure and simple. We know the press is obsessed with Arsenal and all, that is why stupid stories keep emerging by the minute.

Chelsea lost Robben - possibly one of their best players when they won the title - did anyone see a headline 'Chelsea in tatters'? Or when Heinze left Man Utd 'Exodus from Old Trafford' ? grin grin

One player leaves and the whole world starts speculating madly - y'all just take a chill pill and relax.

Ade for one is NOT leaving - he said so in a statement himself today. And with Hleb wanting a move, he should be wary of AW's words at the press conference today - either Inter come and pay a sizable transfer fee or he will not go - the procedure for 'buying out' your contract are very tedious and you have to PROVE you have been MISTREATED for it to go through a tribunal, then to FIFA and then onwards. Bottom line - if AW does not want him to leave he will NOT leave - the only way he will leave is on ARSENAL FC's terms.

As long as we get a good fee from Inter, he can go suck on Mancini's tits for all I care tongue I repeat - disloyal players are NOT welcome at the Emirates! Hleb has wanted to go as far back as AC Milan in the CL when we were in with a shot at two trophies - it shows he simply wants to go elsewhere and not a 'money' or 'no trophies' excuse.

Fergie went two seasons with no trophies (except maybe CC?) was he fired? Ok so MU has a 'limited' vision now?

AK I am disappointed - what is 'limited' in financing your own 60,000 seater stadium and developing properties to pay off the bills? We are pursuing a vision here at Arsenal - Barca obviously fell apart because the players are no longer interested so rightly Rijkaard must go. I expected better analysis from you.

Mass exodus indeed, the press must always sing stupid songs about Arsenal, it is inevitable. Flamini has never been a loyal player - he agreed contract extension with Marseilles before coming to us, so NO ONE should be surprised that he did what he did - came on a free and left on a free. Move on

According to Wenger 220 shocked shocked grin players are ringing his phone off to come to Arsenal, so we have MUCH MORE players wanting to come in than leave, I am not at all bothered - we shall be stronger next season, even if Hleb goes as well.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ndumart: 10:27pm On May 09, 2008
Trust arsenal fans----- there is always a reason for everything
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2008
ndumart:

Trust arsenal fans----- there is always a reason for everything
And u got a prolem wiv that?
It's very simple, foreing players have a problem with commitment
Flam's case was no different as he has been like this since he was a teenager
Let the EPL finish so we stop winning The Sun backpage choices, I'm tired of seeing AW everyday on papers
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by cescky(m): 11:29pm On May 09, 2008
When will ev everyone learn? Arsenal are a big club not because they spend money but, because they spend money well and get the best out of the players they have. Every year it's the same old coo; Arsenal get slated, Man Utd and Chelsea spend loads of money and everyone thinks they both will walk away with the league. This year showed this weren't the case and I expect the same to happen next year. Stop specualting, save your criticisms and let the football on the pitch resolve all quarrel. The future's still bright, the future's still Arsenal.

hleb going to inter is at his own detriment(mark my words)no doubt he is fantastic(though as an attacking midfielder scoring 4 goals out of 48 matches this season)

flamini may just make it in italy (good luck to him)
@ all arsenal hatters
nxt season will be more suprises in ur face

GUNNER 4EVA
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lailai2(m): 11:45pm On May 09, 2008
i kinda pity una even though ,y own BARCA is in worse situation

hope for the best
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:28am On May 10, 2008
Mc Omo:

1) is Wenger responsible for Chelski's poor record in English footie . . .or need I remind u that your club is the 14th most successful club in England  undecided

2) Wenger can not be sacked because he has given more to the game than Rijkaard or Jose can ever claim  tongue

3) what does Jose Mumurinho do for a living these days  tongue  grin  grin

Dr kit,

No be the general sabatical jare. The travel thread don dey become another thing, thats why i am "holidaying" here. grin

1) That is history jare. Where is nothingham Forest today? How many times has Liverpool won the premiership? Where is Ajax that we know?. ACHIEVEMENT OF YESTERYEARS Wait for the next few years, you will see my team in her glory.

2) what has Wenger brought to the game? tongue

a) breeding the French national team in North London

b) Prentending to be building the team but keep raiding other teams for their u-17. FYI, he's coming to Onikolobo in Abeokuta next month. ask Seun Osewa. His best players were bought not raised, Ade, Alexander, Flamini and sagnay to mention but few.

Rijkaard gave us the footie that is good to watch, my very good friend in JM reming us of the purpose of playing football. What has Arsene gave us? The use of boxing gloves with fellow managers? Homosexuality? and " i never see the incident"

3) Baba Mourinho is enjoying his cool £15m in portugal, works for media, keep his cat in his house in Belgravia square and waiting for Liverpool to sort themselve out grin

N.B

This writing is only open to McOmo, Debo, Loyiks and other Elders in the house.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:30am On May 10, 2008
STOP PRESS

Rijkaard is coming to deputise Mr Wenger.

We will see Beautiful footie at his best.

At the same time, Trophyless continues grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 1:45am On May 10, 2008
Rijkaard coming to deputise Wenger in ur dreams tongue grin

so u are actually saying that Wenger's accomplishments is lost on u undecided

AKOLAWOLE, STOP THIS CHEAP LIQUOR U HAVE BEEN TAKING !!! shocked

his best players were bought not raised dont u just get tired of all these tautologous arguments undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 4:02am On May 10, 2008
b) Prentending to be building the team but keep raiding other teams for their u-17. FYI, he's coming to Onikolobo in Abeokuta next month. ask Seun Osewa. His best players were bought not raised, Ade, Alexander, Flamini and sagnay to mention but few.

Rijkaard gave us the footie that is good to watch, my very good friend in JM reming us of the purpose of playing football. What has Arsene gave us? The use of boxing gloves with fellow managers? Homosexuality? and " i never see the incident"

3) Baba Mourinho is enjoying his cool £15m in portugal, works for media, keep his cat in his house in Belgravia square and waiting for Liverpool to sort themselve out

Akola, are you joking about the homosexuality part or you are serious? shocked shocked, I think calling Wenger an Homo is serious oooo

You people insinuating Wenger is a homo and pedophile run a risk of being sued ooo. Anyway, We dey Internet nothing fit happen grin grin grin

But sincerely, Wenger has been complaining about rival fans especially at OT, chanting "Wenger is a Pedophile". He has even reported this to the guys at SOHO square, but wetin dem fit do?

Its a pity this allegation can be levelled against him!. Haba, Akola, Asepe Iwo lo wa ni idi asemase/aseju yiiiii grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

Sincerley, i think we NL fans should stop this Gaynner, Pedophile, Homo, WenGAY stuffs, it is distateful!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 9:04am On May 10, 2008
@ dayokanu,
Please read this
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3542463,00.html

and please, stop believing all the rumour mill from all these websites.
Ade knows what it means when 60,000 fans are chanting OH ADEBAYOR, OH ADEBAYOR tongue
Like Debosky said, they are all obsessed about Arsenal, just like other fans of other clubs on nairaland(no need mentioning names, we all know who they are grin grin grin)
When we were leading the table earlier in the season, they kept saying it was immoral, that we had no english players in the team and probably the most ridiculous stuff I heard.Everyone was blaming AW because of England's non qualification.How dumb
Now we finished third with no trophies, yet they can't stop talking about us.
One of our midfielders who has had his best season in 4 years decides to quit on a free transfer, yet we won't sleep,
We keep reading stories that everyone wants to leave.
Last summer also, David Dein left and all sorts of rubbish started appearing.
The Arsenal will continue to march on
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 12:24pm On May 10, 2008
[quote author]

[Una don hear say Kranjcar dey go Arsenal.

Imagine, una lose Hleb Phantom, buy Kranjcar Peugeot

Howzat your problem,Viewer?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 12:28pm On May 10, 2008
Mc Omo:

AKOLAWOLE, STOP THIS CHEAP LIQUOR You HAVE BEEN TAKING !!!

angry angry angry
Thought I was the only one that suspected he was on some cheap drugs
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:00pm On May 10, 2008
@Rikky

Na joke me dey joke jare.

He is happy family man.

rasputinn:

angry angry angry
Thought I was the only one that suspected he was on some cheap drugs

Even though this is a public forum, not all my post is open to every tom dick and harry. On Nairaland, only the Elders can talk to me anyhow.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:11pm On May 10, 2008
Akolawole:

Even though this is a public forum, not all my post is open to every tom privates and harry. On Nairaland, only the Elders can talk to me anyhow.

maybe you should not post anyhow about other's club even in jest . Most people support passionately and your post may get to them wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 1:17pm On May 10, 2008
Akolawole:

Even though this is a public forum, not all my post is open to every tom privates and harry. On Nairaland, only the Elders can talk to me anyhow.

Then why r u complaining?Among other things I schooled your teacher,that definitely makes me ur elder
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:20pm On May 10, 2008
Raspuntin

Let it end there please . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 1:26pm On May 10, 2008
Yea yea
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:31pm On May 10, 2008
rasputinn:

Yea yea
Thanks
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 1:34pm On May 10, 2008
@Rasputinn

don't u just get it ?  undecided

its very simple . . .I was referring to Akola on familiar terms, not for every tom, privates and harry to take snipes at him . . .he told u that and u shoulda let it slide  cool

whats all this talk about u schooling who . . . undecided

@Akola

(*&%£$$$*%£$ . . . . .its a pity that the so-called elders allow newbies to diss of oldies just to spite em and make a point . . . . embarassed

do u know I can tell Debosky to shut the hell up and he would never read a meaning to it . . .or even Wormy COS THEY KNOW HOW WE ROLL !

remember Topeorekoy ? . . . .I dissed and dissed him without him knowing it was his good friend . . .when he found out, it was OVER A DRINK  grin  grin

let it slide  . . . wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 2:06pm On May 10, 2008
@Akola

(*&%£$$$*%£$ . . . . .its a pity that the so-called elders allow newbies to diss of oldies just to spite em and make a point . . . .

do u know I can tell Debosky to shut the hell up and he would never read a meaning to it . . .or even Wormy COS THEY KNOW HOW WE ROLL !

Yeah right Kit? the same way i was joking with ya and you took it as something else abi? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 2:14pm On May 10, 2008
mukina2:

maybe you should not post anyhow about other's club even in jest . Most people support passionately and your post may get to them wink

Do you remember how many times you posted ANYHOW in rival team's thread at most crucial hour?

@Dr Kit

Thanks jare
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 2:24pm On May 10, 2008
Akolawole:

Do you remember how many times you posted ANYHOW in rival team's thread at most crucial hour?

@Dr Kit

Thanks jare

I think the point she was trying to make is shit happens. Throw a little around and the guns get rolling wink
No harm intended

Please do tell, when did Debo become an Elder? I understand Rasputin being an ignorant angry little kid but Debola's promotion was undeserved. grin

Debola will explain away all Arsenal failures on lies, distortions and half-truths. Hell, I've started suspecting he's Wenger's script writer. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 2:39pm On May 10, 2008
if Debosky isnt an elder here . . .then who is ?

have u bothered to check his date of joining Nland ? or his role as one of the chief gunners here undecided

yes, everyone throws tantrums but we all ought to choose people we deal with . . . I HARDLY HAVE PATIENCE FOR IGNORAMUS_NEWBIES cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 2:49pm On May 10, 2008
Personally, I think the number of gunners on this thread should be kept to the barest minimum. . . Elders included grin

Where do you think Rasputin and co learned their trade from?

Anyway to be fair to all parties - Debola is relatively peaceful around these parks and I think Rasputin clicked on reply before thinking (Innocent mistake)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 4:25pm On May 10, 2008
@ MC Omo

What's all the bunkum about speaking to whoever on familiar terms,next time try PMing or send him a mail (what could be more familiar and private)
Now listen,Muki said to let it slide and I intended  to keep it that way,but don't make me change my mind
Who cares about the bloody date your sorry ass joined Nland
Infact I could give a rats ass
In my book,as long as you are not the administrator,you're on the same level with the newest member
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 4:39pm On May 10, 2008
somze:

I think the point she was trying to make is shit happens. Throw a little around and the guns get rolling wink
No harm intended

Please do tell, when did Debo become an Elder? I understand Rasputin being an ignorant angry little kid but Debola's promotion was undeserved. grin

Somze,did you post this in error?
I understand ur desire to defend Akola,you should not forget that I have a duty to stand up for my club and coach
Well for personal reasons,I won't hit you back but go get a mouth wash,stuff like that should not be coming from your mouth
C'mon
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 4:54pm On May 10, 2008
Dude, take it easy, are you always in fire mode?

My comments were intended as light humor wink

No harm meant
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 4:57pm On May 10, 2008
somze:

No harm meant
You don't need to explain, No sense of humor. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 5:20pm On May 10, 2008
somze:

No harm meant

Thought as much,that's why I said for "personal reason" in my earlier post.
Thanks for not dissapointing me
Good luck tommorow
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 5:26pm On May 10, 2008
Presidull

I checked my recent exchanges with somze et al
but didn't see where I cued intellectually deficient peeps to respond to the exchanges
So quit sunning your teeth
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 5:40pm On May 10, 2008
Check this out

What’s this? A player wanting to stay with Arsenal!

It’s hard not to feel sorry for Arsene Wenger at the moment. The Frenchman is arguably the best manager in the world, given what he has achieved for Arsenal, yet it appears that several of his key players are unlikely to be at the Emirates Stadium next season. Mathieu Flamini has buggered off to Milan without so much as a whimper, Alexander Hleb has done a great impersonation of a snake in the grass and has a foot out of the exit door, while Emmanuel Adebayor apparently wants double or quits as far as his salary is concerned.

However, The Guardian report that every cloud has a silver lining. Just as Jerry Maguire appeared to be walking out of the office on his tod, the character played by Renee Zellweger stood up and joined him. In Renee’s place at Arsenal is young Nicklas Bendtner, who has shunned the likes of Bayern Munich and Werder Bremen to stay with Arsenal. At last some loyalty being shown at Arsenal!

Bayern indicated via an intermediary that they were prepared to pay €10m for the striker and the other two Bundesliga clubs also made their interest known. “I have heard about these offers from Germany but Nicklas will stay at Arsenal,” said Thomas Bendtner, his father. “The only way things could be different was if something unexpected should happen, such as him being moved totally outside of the team, but it’s difficult to see that happening as he is playing right now.”

Bendtner, 20, has made 39 appearances this season, 16 as a starter, and has scored nine goals. “I’ve always said that Arsenal is my club and that’s where I want to play my football,” he said. “When you look at my season and the way it has developed, I see no reason why I should want to change Arsenal with any other club.”

Until next season, when he’s scored 25 goals and the Milans and the Madrids of this world come a-calling! Let’s hope that the likes of Adebayor and Fabregas remain with the club, rather than see us witness the fragmentation of such an excellent footballing side. Money is talking louder than ever at the moment though, and retaining them for one more year might just be stemming the tide.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:52pm On May 10, 2008
Akolawole:

Actually my post was in response to this

I do make post on on rival team threads but i do not say who replies or who does not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.