Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,249 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria (15733 Views)

Photo: Imagine This Beast In Sambisa Forest! / Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Do You Think Segun Oni Really Deserves This Kind Of Insult From Governor Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Rhino, Listen to me. And Listen to me good. You are dreaming. Nigeria has a LONG way before they can ever remotely consider starting a journey towards anywhere. Nigeria needs to hit ROCK BOTTOM before it can rise to the top. I'm talking about where we are now, im talking about ROCK BOTTOM.

And to you, nigeria is yet to hit the rock bottom.
A nation where everyone now wanna do a voodoo to make money
A nation where Yahoo (419) song is all the vogue
A natino where pple cant even afford to eat
A nation where no affordable anything anymore?
If this isnt rock bottom, then, i will hate to see what rock bottom looks like.
PPle now packs themselves like sardine inside ships to their own death, cos minimum 15% of pple that are trying to run out of the nation are dead on the sea to europe.
A nation where a husband is driving his own wife to a man's house all cos of money.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2008
Olayinkaoj:

7:1 Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the LORD, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria.

7.2 Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the LORD would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.

7:17 And the king appointed the lord on whose hand he leaned to have the charge of the gate: and the people trode upon him in the gate, and he died, as the man of God had said, who spake when the king came down to him.

7:18 And it came to pass as the man of God had spoken to the king, saying, Two measures of barley for a shekel, and a measure of fine flour for a shekel, shall be to morrow about this time in the gate of Samaria:

7:19 And that lord answered the man of God, and said, Now, behold, if the LORD should make windows in heaven, might such a thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.

7:20 And so it fell out unto him: for the people trode upon him in the gate, and he died.

Let us pray for the land, there is nothing impossible , so than we can taste the goodness of God in the land

I am so willing and ready to pray, however, the Bible says, Prayers without work is dead, so we need to pray and at same time change our own ways, we need to show Nigeria how much we love her, and not just fold our arms and expect miracle.
God will bless the works of our hands, and not just by folding arms
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 10:07pm On Sep 11, 2008
$$Rhino:

And to you, nigeria is yet to hit the rock bottom.
A nation where everyone now want to do a voodoo to make money
A nation where Yahoo (419) song is all the vogue
A natino where people can't even afford to eat
A nation where no affordable anything anymore?
If this isnt rock bottom, then, i will hate to see what rock bottom looks like.
PPle now packs themselves like sardine inside ships to their own death, because minimum 15% of people that are trying to run out of the nation are dead on the sea to europe.
A nation where a husband is driving his own wife to a man's house all because of money.
Nigeria hasn't even yet to see rock bottom. The mindset of folk is still deceived where folk over here ranting and raging how advanced Nigeria has become. When they know good and well only certain places even know what advanced is. If you actually think you will see the day when Nigeria is a developed country, you must be drunk or high.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Nigeria hasn't even yet to see rock bottom. The mindset of folk is still deceived where folk over here ranting and raging how advanced Nigeria has become. When they know good and well only certain places even know what advanced is. If you actually think you will see the day when Nigeria is a developed country, you must be drunk or high.

I am sure i will see it, but still if i never see it, at least my children's kids will see it and i will be dancing in heaven, that i contributed to it.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2008
$$Rhino:

I am sure i will see it, but still if i never see it, at least my children's kids will see it and i will be dancing in heaven, that i contributed to it.
Contribute my foot. Just keep on keeping on cause it is going to be a LONG time before any of this praying and wishing even comes into perspective.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Again I disagree. Nigerians have seen rock bottom, oh yes, they have. Like the majority of Africa, many have accepted it as the norm.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 10:15pm On Sep 11, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Again I disagree. Nigerians have seen rock bottom, oh yes, they have. Like the majority of Africa, many have accepted it as the norm.
Well you might as well keep on getting used to it cause it gonna be while before yal see Mount Zion.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Well you might as well keep on getting used to it cause it going to be while before yal see Mount Zion.

I don’t consider time the factor keeping us here. I believe the main is the mind of the people. Once the people are swayed into not only believing that change is needed but moved to act on it, in no time at all change will happen. Do we need to wait another 100 years after that to see change? No. Why? We live in a ready-made world. We no longer have to re-invent the wheel in any area as we have so many successful examples to choose from today. Are we going to do it?

Take for instance @Sky calling for people to act now. We have internet and phone available for people to reach senators. How many Nigerians own phones/cell phones etc. Too many. How many are actually going to pick up the phone and call their senators to show they are ready for change? Let’s wait and see.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 10:37pm On Sep 11, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I don’t consider time the factor keeping us here. I believe the main is the mind of the people. Once the people are swayed into not only believing that change is needed but moved to act on it, in no time at all change will happen. Do we need to wait another 100 years after that to see change? No. Why? We live in a ready-made world. We no longer have to re-invent the wheel in any area as we have so many successful examples to choose from today. Are we going to do it?

Take for instance @Sky calling for people to act now. We have internet and phone available for people to reach senators. How many Nigerians own phones/cell phones etc. Too many. How many are actually going to pick up the phone and call their senators to show they are ready for change? Let’s wait and see.
What a dreamer. We are talking about Nigeria here, not some other foreign country. People aint gonna do nothing unless they get something out of it. They don't want to do something that is only going to make life for the future generations to enjoy. They want to enjoy it too. Just look at Zimbabwe for crying out loud.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by RibaduFan(m): 10:40pm On Sep 11, 2008
if u think those senators are out to change things for the better, then u must be dreaming. Even if we call them from now till kingsom comes, they would end up doing what they want i.e emptying the treasury. What has become of the FOI bill? but passing a bill to increase their salaries/allowances was quite easy. Dont be deceived, salvation for this nation wont come from Abuja. It is when u and I make them realise that we want this nation to progress and that we would do anything to get this, that is when things would start changing.

Believe me these guys (those in government at the moment) are satisfied with the status quo, infact their prayers is that it shd remain the same forever. No amount of fone calls or emails would solve anything.

Interestingly though, we all know what the solution is, but we keep 'beating round the bush' and 'keep going round in circles'
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 10:47pm On Sep 11, 2008
onyinye2:

What a dreamer. We are talking about Nigeria here, not some other foreign country. People aint going to do nothing unless they get something out of it. They don't want to do something that is only going to make life for the future generations to enjoy. They want to enjoy it too. Just look at Zimbabwe for crying out loud.

ROFLMAO!!! It is amazing …. While others deem me a hater of all things Nigeria, here you are calling me a dreamer for believing that it is possible to have better in the country.
Make I laugh put!! ROFLMAO!!!

I completely understand what you mean and yes, I know we are speaking of the same Nigeria. The problem we see today happens to plague black people all over the world today but the solution to our problems remain very simple ones.

I completely agree that people don’t seem to want to do anything unless there is something in it for them. We see that even here in America, but that does not erase the fact that the solution is right there in our hands as it has always been. Zimbabwe?? Look at Haiti… LOL!!!

yemmyse:

if u think those senators are out to change things for the better, then u must be dreaming. Even if we call them from now till kingsom comes, they would end up doing what they want i.e emptying the treasury. What has become of the FOI bill? but passing a bill to increase their salaries/allowances was quite easy. Dont be deceived, salvation for this nation wont come from Abuja. It is when u and I make them realise that we want this nation to progress and that we would do anything to get this, that is when things would start changing.

Believe me these guys (those in government at the moment) are satisfied with the status quo, infact their prayers is that it should remain the same forever. No amount of phone calls or emails would solve anything.

Interestingly though, we all know what the solution is, but we keep 'beating round the bush' and 'keep going round in circles'

Unfortunate, ain't it?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 10:54pm On Sep 11, 2008
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!! It is amazing …. While others deem me a hater of all things Nigeria, here you are calling me a dreamer for believing that it is possible to have better in the country.
Make I laugh put!! ROFLMAO!!!

I completely understand what you mean and yes, I know we are speaking of the same Nigeria. The problem we see today happens to plague black people all over the world today but the solution to our problems remain very simple ones.

I completely agree that people don’t seem to want to do anything unless there is something in it for them. We see that even here in America, but that does not erase the fact that the solution is right there in our hands as it has always been. Zimbabwe?? Look at Haiti… LOL!!!
At least in the States, you got folk ready and willing to go out and help their fellow mortals. Tell me how many organizations do you know in Naija do anything to help THEIR OWN people, then talk about helping others outside. We are greedy and we know it. We might deny it, but we know it is true.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:17pm On Sep 11, 2008
onyinye2:

At least in the States, you got folk ready and willing to go out and help their fellow mortals. Tell me how many organizations do you know in Naija do anything to help THEIR OWN people, then talk about helping others outside. We are greedy and we know it. We might deny it, but we know it is true.

I think the disease will end someday soon, even if we have to kill off those who continue to resist change, ROFLMAO!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 11:21pm On Sep 11, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I think the disease will end someday soon, even if we have to kill off those who continue to resist change, ROFLMAO!!
The disease will continue to spread until our grandchildren find a vaccine.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2008
OLORUN O ni JE!!! Tufiakwa!!! Allah se r iki !! Gbu fu asu n!!! I reject that , lol, ON NO way , If it takes me buying a machine gun for it to happen in my time, I will do it ooo!!! ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2008
Kobojunkie:

OLORUN O ni JE!!! Tufiakwa!!! Allah se r iki !! Gbu fu asu n!!! I reject that , lol, ON NO way , If it takes me buying a machine gun for it to happen in my time, I will do it ooo!!! ROFLMAO!!!
Nwannem, you betta get used to it cause the Nigeria you see now, will continue to stay that way until generations afterwards.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by idupaul: 11:43pm On Sep 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Nwannem, you betta get used to it cause the Nigeria you see now, will continue to stay that way until generations afterwards.

ur just a pessimist wit a loser attitude, haba ur own country again!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2008
idupaul:

your just a pessimist wit a loser attitude, haba your own country again!
Imecha onu, kita.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by SkyBlue1: 11:49pm On Sep 11, 2008
@onyinye if you continue to see things the way you asume they will always be instead of the way they can and should be why would you want to act to make them they way they should be? I find it amusing how people always get on the defensive when it is time to act, a million and one excuses are made to say why it will never work. But to right essay, you will see people just doing it. Please permit those who believe things can be different if we drive at that to hold on to that and act on that. I rather try to do something than sit and look and continue to say "it can never be".
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by dremoney(m): 11:51pm On Sep 11, 2008
in 30th century abi?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by idupaul: 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Imecha onu, kita.

u are just a common fishwife. we dont even need someone like u. angry angry angry
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 11:58pm On Sep 11, 2008
idupaul:

u are just a common fishwife. we don't even need someone like u. angry angry angry
Biko, can you hop off already, dang.

Sky Blue:

@onyinye if you continue to see things the way you asume they will always be instead of the way they can and should be why would you want to act to make them they way they should be? I find it amusing how people always get on the defensive when it is time to act, a million and one excuses are made to say why it will never work. But to right essay, you will see people just doing it. Please permit those who believe things can be different if we drive at that to hold on to that and act on that. I rather try to do something than sit and look and continue to say "it can never be".
Keep on dreaming nwannem. Nigeria is home to the potential and the greedy. We have potential, but we greedy as hell. WE as in all of us.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Sep 12, 2008
onyinye2:

I hope I see it before I die o. I mean if there is the possibility that I could be dead by the morrow, means it could happen before then as well. Lol… I hope it will happen and soon too cause the solution is too simple. But, if Nigerians continue to choose to stay at rock bottom level, then so be it. As for me and my family, we will have the best life possible, Nigeria or no Nigeria.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 12:04am On Sep 12, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I hope I see it before I die o. I mean if there is the possibility that I could be dead by the morrow, means it could happen before then as well. Lol… I hope it will happen and soon too cause the solution is too simple. But, if Nigerians continue to choose to stay at rock bottom level, then so be it. As for me and my family, we will have the best life possible, Nigeria or no Nigeria.
You might as well get that mindset of not seeing the Nigeria of your dreams, cuz you aint.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by SkyBlue1: 12:06am On Sep 12, 2008
onyinye2:

Biko, can you hop off already, dang.
Keep on dreaming nwannem. Nigeria is home to the potential and the greedy. We have potential, but we greedy as hell. WE as in all of us.

lol, speak for yourself pleae. I don't know why people on this forum have a habit of wanting to speak for everyone, if you feel you are greedy then that is between you and your maker, don't come and smear me in thesame paint  cheesy
Whatever excuse you might want to use in order to leave things the way they are is up to you, i have already forseen the futility in this arguement, have a nice day  smiley. For everyone else please, honestly, this constituion review is a big deal. All those shouting Niger delta this and that know themselves. An opportunity presents itself.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bilymuse: 12:09am On Sep 12, 2008
[size=15pt]Brother Joseph, the dreamer
Nigeria is living on a borrowed time
The name Nigeria will cease to exist in 50 years time[/size]
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by sley4life(m): 12:10am On Sep 12, 2008
Then we will have less people leaving the country, the airfare will reduce,  no competition in the air sector, job don spoil for generator makers, we shall have long life, american embassy will pack their bag and baggaes back to their country. UN will hear am cos no way to exploit our oil. I cant keep mentioning
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 12:10am On Sep 12, 2008
Sky Blue:

lol, speak for yourself pleae. I don't know why people on this forum have a habit of wanting to speak for everyone, if you feel you are greedy then that is between you and your maker, don't come and smear me in thesame paint  cheesy
Whatever excuse you might want to use in order to leave things the way they are is up to you, i have already forseen the futility in this arguement, have a nice day.  smiley
Adios muchacho, I never said that i wanted nigeria to stay the way it is. Am i daft? of course not. Of course i want to see the Real Nigeria, not the the Potential Nigeria. We all can play our part in help changing it, but what unu niile want is, instant gratification.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by idupaul: 12:12am On Sep 12, 2008
Sky Blue:

Whatever excuse you might want to use in order to leave things the way they are is up to you, i have already forseen the futility in this arguement, have a nice day  smiley.   For everyone else please, honestly, this constituion review is a big deal. All those shouting Niger delta this and that know themselves. An opportunity presents itself.

na u where go they answer sicko
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:18am On Sep 12, 2008
Please can we allow individuals have people their opinion. We do not all have to see Nigeria in the same light to live. None of us here can predict for a fact that the situation in that country will change anytime soon. So I ask that we please allow each person his opinion UNTIL such a time when we are able to PROVE him/her wrong , not with more words but with action and substantial EVIDENCE.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by SkyBlue1: 12:18am On Sep 12, 2008
onyinye2:

Adios muchacho, I never said that i wanted nigeria to stay the way it is. Am i daft? of course not. Of course i want to see the Real Nigeria, not the the Potential Nigeria. We all can play our part in help changing it, but what unu niile want is, instant gratification.

This is something i just don't get, so everyone who dares to dream of a better Nigeria is living in fantasy? The thing about dreams is that a lot of people dream then work to make the dream a reality. In Nigeria it seems it is either just dream and not act at all to bring it to reality or just remain pessimistic.  When the opportunity presents itself to act you will see people running away from it like it was the plague instead of seeing such opportunity to make things right as a blessing even, LOL, quite amusing. You said something that suggested "it is Nigeria" hence contacting reps and senators is impossible because "it is Nigeria". Have you actually tried to get in contact with any member of the house before or anybody in such authority to make a difference, ever, that leads you to believe it is impossible or would you rather just say that? I just don't get it but anyway, it is a free forum so to each his own.

It seems if you want to scare Nigerians there is no need to carry a gun, just say "come lets solve our problems" and you will see people jumping into bush,  cheesy
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by onyinye2(f): 12:24am On Sep 12, 2008
Sky Blue:

This is something i just don't get, so everyone who dares to dream of a better Nigeria is living in fantasy? The thing about dreams is that a lot of people dream then work to make the dream a reality. In Nigeria it seems it is either just dream and not act at all to bring it to reality or just remain pessimistic.  When the opportunity presents itself to act you will see people running away from it like it was the plague instead of seeing such opportunity to make things right as a blessing even, LOL, quite amusing. You said something that suggested "it is Nigeria" hence contacting reps and senators is impossible because "it is Nigeria". Have you actually tried to get in contact with any member of the house before or anybody in such authority to make a difference, ever, that leads you to believe it is impossible or would you rather just say that? I just don't get it but anyway, it is a free forum so to each his own.
Why in the world would I even want to contact one of those folk? What am I wanting from them? Assurance, security, better life? Don't think so. Better off taking thing into your own hands. Dreaming for a better Nigeria is just utter stupidity. What is dreaming going to do when folk aint willing to die, fight, sacrifice for it? Look at the Civil Act Movement with akata people. They wasn't looking for a better life for them, but for their descendents. But not ndi Nigeria. Nope, they want the fruits of their labor too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ateke Tom Denies Endorsing President Buhari (Full Statement) / Pantanmi Orders The Termination Of Cash Payment At NIPOST Offices Nationwide / We Didn't Threaten To Kill Jonathan - Boko Haram (transcript Of Youtube Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.