Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,450 members, 7,850,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:55 AM

NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? - Sports (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? (69619 Views)

Weekend Betting Tips (11-12/04/2015) / NFL To Investigate 146 Goals In Two Matches / Tribute To Africans Who Play In The NFL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by biina: 4:03am On Feb 08, 2010
The game was generally boring and didnt have the big plays one would have expected from either teams.

Given the way the voting goes, if it is close, Manning gets the MVP. Its difficult to make the case for Brees given the way the saints finished the season struggling against opta teams, and losing 3 games.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by biina: 4:06am On Feb 08, 2010
End of another NFL season and time to go back to the best sports competition: The UEFA Champions League!!! grin grin grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 4:09am On Feb 08, 2010
I hope this Super Bowl would be remembered for that gutsy onside kick.

A testament to the enduring power of guts over lilly conservatism in sports.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by chic2pimp(m): 4:09am On Feb 08, 2010
A-40:

@Chic2pimp
To be honest both QB's gave a great game! I don't think you would ever see more accurate passing than we witnessed today. The Garcon fumble and the missed FG where key points, i would like to see Drew's passer rating and QB rating its got to be of the chain, off the richter
Absolutely. I'll be the first to say that both QB played very well but Brees just played that bit better. His passer rating would be over the 100 mark methinks. The dude is clutch. As you pointed out, the garcon fumble & the missed FG were the key points.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by platinumnk(f): 4:11am On Feb 08, 2010
jaguar- my whole neighboorhood is shouting who dat!!!!!!! heading for bourbon!!!! hope i can remember my name tommorow!!!!!!!

WHO DAT SAID THEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 4:14am On Feb 08, 2010
chic2pimp:

Absolutely. I'll be the first to say that both QB played very well but Brees just played that bit better. His passer rating would be over the 100 mark methinks. The dude is clutch. As you pointed out, the garcon fumble & the missed FG were the key points.

lets not act is if the saints didn't use mago mago to beat the vikings.

this honestly was a weak SB game. but kudos to brees for withstanding the ist quarter barrage like a champ. are you watching cutler?
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by chic2pimp(m): 4:21am On Feb 08, 2010
bawomolo:

lets not act is if the saints didn't use mago mago to beat the vikings.

this honestly was a weak SB game. but kudos to brees for withstanding the ist quarter barrage like a champ. are you watching cutler?
Hehehehe 'mago mago' grin cheesy cheesy. Obviously there was some dirty tactics used in their defeat of the vikings however that is all in the past now. Let's look forward wink grin'

Abeg make una free cutler ooo. This was only his first season playing for the bears. He will surely improve next season. Brees was astounding and as virtually assured himself of a place in the Hall Of Fame.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 4:23am On Feb 08, 2010
@Bawo
Cutler is blind, deaf and dumb there's no way he could have watched. Did i even hear you mention Pats vs Giants? Arguably the most boring SB game in history? That Cheeba musta left ya braincells cooked!

This SB was definitely no match for last year's in terms of excitement! From James Harrison's 100yd return, Larry Fitz to Big Ben & Santonio its definitely was one of the best
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 4:27am On Feb 08, 2010
A-40:

@Bawo
Cutler is blind, deaf and dumb there's no way he could have watched. Did i even hear you mention Pats vs Giants? Arguably the most boring SB game in history? That Cheeba musta left ya braincells cooked!

This SB was definitely no match for last year's in terms of excitement! From James Harrison's 100yd return, Larry Fitz to Big Ben & Santonio its definitely was one of the best

cutler would improve, he just needs to allow himself to be coached by a mad coach named mike martz.  nutcase meets nutcase.

stop lying, you know you watched pats vs giants till the last minute.  that was a classic slug fest coupled with a david tyree catch that would be shown for a while.  the last two SB's beat this.  The pats team in that superbowl would destroy both the saints and colts. 

congrats to drew brees, he finally would get some respect.

chic2pimp:

Brees was astounding and as virtually assured himself of a place in the Hall Of Fame.

word. top 5 QB no question
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 4:45am On Feb 08, 2010
DREW BREES IS SB MVP!

I could only pick out two memorable plays from 60mins of football! Tyree's overhead catch and Plaxico's all which lasted a minute so which meant the other 59 where a colossal waste
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by chic2pimp(m): 4:49am On Feb 08, 2010
A-40:

DREW BREES IS SB MVP!

I could only pick out two memorable plays from 60mins of football! Tyree's overhead catch and Plaxico's all which lasted a minute so which meant the other 59 where a colossal waste
Yea, that was announced as soon as the match was over. What I would like to know is what Breezy's QB ratings is? undecided
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by platinumnk(f): 4:52am On Feb 08, 2010
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 4:33pm On Feb 08, 2010
^^ he he this SB victory must be shacking NO fans.

enjoy it while it lasts grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by chic2pimp(m): 5:55pm On Feb 08, 2010
Dayummm Breezy's QB rating was an outstanding 114.5 shocked shocked shocked
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by manmustwac(m): 7:10pm On Feb 08, 2010
congrats to the saints
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by platinumnk(f): 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2010
bawomolo:

^^ he he this SB victory must be shacking NO fans.

enjoy it while it lasts grin

we will be back next year cheesy

Mardi Gras will be off the chain this year grin grin grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by rikkyjen(m): 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2010
Couldn't sleep.

Couldn't drink nor eat.

Called in.

Tossed on the bed all night.

Cursed Manning all night

And finally renounced my Kool aid drinking myopia about Manning.

The calmness Brady oozes when under pressure should be a template for future QBers coming in the next 100 years if Jesus tarries.

You wanna win the Colts? just rattle Manning with some very few minutes left, not 8/9 mins cos thats a lotta time for Manning!. But 4/5 minutes a la yesterday and watch Peyton choke while sucking @zz in the same process.

Peyton Manning , Official NFL Choker. All trademarks and copyrights reserved!
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 9:23pm On Feb 08, 2010
the Ricky generator has been silenced for good .  Peyton manning is lucky the bears dashed him a SB. fukking rex grossman,

rikkyjen:

Copyright valid for 10 years   grin
platinumnk:

we will be back next year cheesy

Mardi Gras will be off the chain this year grin grin grin

dream on, who dash monkey banana.

and you have the right to party.  just don't party too hard or the levee might break again  cheesy
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by chic2pimp(m): 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2010
rikkyjen:

This is exactly the point me & Biina argued over. Unlike Drew Brees & Tom Brady who exude calm under pressure, Manning has repeatedly choked. That being said, I wouldn't call the SB loss a 'Choke Job'. I just think The Saints and Breezy played better, that's all.
Peyton is still one of the greatest QB of all time.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by platinumnk(f): 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2010
rikkyjen:

Couldn't sleep.

Couldn't drink nor eat.

Called in.

Tossed on the bed all night.

Cursed Manning all night

And finally renounced my Kool aid drinking myopia about Manning.

The calmness Brady oozes when under pressure should be a template for future QBers coming in the next 100 years if Jesus tarries.

You wanna win the Colts? just rattle Manning with some very few minutes left, not 8/9 mins cos thats a lotta time for Manning!. But 4/5 minutes a la yesterday and watch Peyton choke while sucking @zz in the same process.

hahahahaa its funny how they said Manning was gonna crush the Saints cheesy cheesy

I was watching the game, and right when I said that "I hope he doesnt pull a Brett Farve" He threw the interception that clinched the game grin grin grin grin

I was so glad it wasnt a overtime game, the played the game calmly aside from that roughhousing when they pulled that onside kick! that was sneaky and awesome!

Show them unconventional playing in a while grin grin grin

they said we wouldnt be ready because we never been , and we would be still stuck on the glory of winning NFC, . , showed them right!

Right after Porter started running for the TD, it was time to pick up the championship shirt cheesy

bawomolo:

the Ricky generator has been silenced for good . Peyton manning is lucky the bears dashed him a SB. fukking rex grossman,

Copyright valid for 10 years grin
dream on, who dash monkey banana.

and you have the right to party. just don't party too hard or the levee might break again cheesy

Pshhh, we will be back cheesy
Yeah people were partyin allover the state, hopefully they reienforced New orleans walls grin grin grin because Mardi Gras is NEXT WEEK grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 10:47pm On Feb 08, 2010
lol winning the superbowl and then celebrating mardi gras.  buys stock in miller lite and budweiser  cheesy

enjoy it while it lasts folks. reggie wayne needs to be flogged for that botched route.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 10:53pm On Feb 08, 2010
Hahahaha Rikkyjen i laugh in Papa Wemba
What happened to Peyton Manning for UN Secretary General?

Seriously Drew Breezy was just better on the day although your defence did nothing aside the first quarter to stop him anyway! I have seen Manning choke twice against the Chargers but this one wasn't that bad, i do hope that these Manning fans realize that he is a regular season QB
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by Moonstone(f): 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2010
chic2pimp:

Oi boy make I no lie ooo. You talk am jare grin grin

SAINTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ARE SUPERBOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL CHAMPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

You couldn't say it any better. Even though I found out the score this morning - I had to watch the game i recorded.

Whether we used mago mago or juju, we still won. I'll be darned if i let anyone here douse my darling team's victory with their rubbish views over my Saints.

We did not beat Colts by one point or by a winning fg, or overtime. We won them fair and square. Besides kudos to my Porter (#22) for getting the 4th longest interception in super bowl.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin 74 yards ain't easy.

It was our first superbowl, our first win and it was not boring at all. It was just an unexpected ending.
At least y'all should let us have our fun before you start belittling our SB victory.

What surprised me was that Bush was not as key as people expected him to be. He did not score any TDs even though he helped us sometimes. . . .
chic2pimp:

This is exactly the point me & Biina argued over. Unlike Drew Brees & Tom Brady who exude calm under pressure, Manning has repeatedly choked. That being said, I wouldn't call the SB loss a 'Choke Job'. I just think The Saints and Breezy played better, that's all.
Peyton is still one of the greatest QB of all time.
I don't even know you that well but I really like this post. You almost sound like a Saints' fan, lol!
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by platinumnk(f): 11:21pm On Feb 08, 2010
After 43 YEARS!  This is Well deserved after the Mess we went through with Katrina lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Gonna wear my white Brees Jersey as my job is having yet another Saints Party tomm, they had one last friday  grin grin grin grin

bawomolo:

lol winning the superbowl and then celebrating mardi gras.  buys stock in miller lite and budweiser  cheesy

enjoy it while it lasts folks. reggie wayne needs to be flogged for that botched route.

make sure u invest well well. I should invest as well  grin grin grin

Who Dat??! grin  where is Jaguar I hope he didnt drink into a stupor grin grin grin

~Proud to be Louisianaian~
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by chic2pimp(m): 3:50am On Feb 09, 2010
^^^^^ Can you relly fit into a Drew Brees jersey? undecided Wouldn't it be too large for you? cheesy cheesy

Moonstone:

You couldn't say it any better. Even though I found out the score this morning - I had to watch the game i recorded.

Whether we used mago mago or juju, we still won. I'll be darned if i let anyone here douse my darling team's victory with their rubbish views over my Saints.

We did not beat Colts by one point or by a winning fg, or overtime. We won them fair and square. Besides kudos to my Porter (#22) for getting the 4th longest interception in super bowl.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin 74 yards ain't easy.

It was our first superbowl, our first win and it was not boring at all. It was just an unexpected ending.
At least y'all should let us have our fun before you start belittling our SB victory.

What surprised me was that Bush was not as key as people expected him to be. He did not score any TDs even though he helped us sometimes. . . .I don't even know you that well but I really like this post. You almost sound like a Saints' fan, lol!

Nah I'm not a saint's fan, I just speak the truth wink grin. Anyone & everyone who watched without a biased point of view would say that the saints were the better
team on the night.

Don't mind Bawo on the 'mago mago' thing jare, the dude is just  frustrated cuz his team the chicago bears(jay cutler being the main culprit) sucked real bad this season grin grin. I think Reggie's performance on the night was pretty good(underrated methinks) and your team's kicker was simply outstanding on the day. Lastly I see your team building a dynasty cuz the players are still quite young. If the G.M signs the right players to freshen up your squad, I see at least one more SB win on the horizon wink cool.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by biina: 4:59am On Feb 09, 2010
Manning didnt choke. The colts defensive injuries and rookie WRs simply caught up to them. The dropped ball by Garcon opened the door for the saints, and the misses by Collie didnt help.
The moment freeney was worn out, they could no longer get pressure on brees, and he simply picked them apart. Everyone knew the Colts secondary was weak, and worse with an injured rookie starting.
Also the saints were lucky; they gambled and it paid off. If the Colts had recovered the onside kick, (and Baskett had a chance to), it would have likely turned out differently.
Manning might not have had his best game, but you cannot accuse him of choking. The INT was always there since the Saints went 7pts up and the colts needed to gamble more with their offense. A lot of INTs usually come in such situation when a team need to march down and get a TD with time running out.
The saints played better overall and executed when it mattered.
Still, if they are not riddled with injuries again next year, the Colts will still be favorites for the SB. I dont see anyone better than them in the AFC, and who knows the saints too might return, though its more difficult to win with an X on your back.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 6:35am On Feb 09, 2010
chic2pimp:

^^^^^ Can you relly fit into a Drew Brees jersey? undecided Wouldn't it be too large for you? cheesy cheesy

Nah I'm not a saint's fan, I just speak the truth wink grin. Anyone & everyone who watched without a biased point of view would say that the saints were the better
team on the night.

Don't mind Bawo on the 'mago mago' thing jare, the dude is just  frustrated cuz his team the chicago bears(jay cutler being the main culprit) sucked real bad this season grin grin. I think Reggie's performance on the night was pretty good(underrated methinks) and your team's kicker was simply outstanding on the day. Lastly I see your team building a dynasty cuz the players are still quite young. If the G.M signs the right players to freshen up your squad, I see at least one more SB win on the horizon wink cool.

abeg jare, she is thick in the right places grin

reggie is a pretty good role player. and yes na mago mago but at least old man favre didn't get to win a ring.
cut that dynasty talk short, Da bears won't allow that nonsense.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 10:38am On Feb 09, 2010
@Biina
You and your Colts may need to wait till 2012 ohh! We wrestled the title back from the NFC only for una to give am back to them again! The Pats did the same thing in 08! We the Mighty Steelers want our spot back and we are on that DIY ish so Colts and Pats should fall back for the AFC'S tried, tested and trusted
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by H2O2: 10:42am On Feb 09, 2010
Peyton Manning is a great reg. season quarterback but a mediocre playoff performer.

True GOATS git 'er dun.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by platinumnk(f): 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2010
chic2pimp:

hehehe they come in different sizes, Im wearing the away jersey now grin

@bawomolo - na u sabi cheesy kiss
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by biina: 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2010
A-40:

@Biina
You and your Colts may need to wait till 2012 ohh! We wrestled the title back from the NFC only for una to give am back to them again! The Pats did the same thing in 08! We the Mighty Steelers want our spot back and we are on that DIY ish so Colts and Pats should fall back for the AFC'S tried, tested and trusted
Qualify for playoffs first. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (80) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Moses Simon & His Wife, Ibukun Sarah Adenuga, Before Fame / Cristiano Ronaldo’s Girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez In Tears After Hat-trick (Phot / Emmanuel Emenike's New House In Owerri (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.